User Tag List

Old 07-07-2016, 01:54 AM   #1
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fuck police.

In Minneapolis, this time.

Old 07-07-2016, 06:27 AM   #2
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

whats the solution though? because we need police. disarming them? it isn't really feasible here because our populace is armed.

these are fucked up, espescially when we don't know any of the facts. like in this case for sure, this is the first im seeing it. but it aint recording until he is already shot.

and the alton sterling one in both videos you don't see what led up to it, and you can't see if he is reaching

either way both could be proven to be excessive for sure

its just maddening because what course of action can actually be taken?

also i hate the fact my brain plays the contrarian constantly lol. but its like you see people on facebook and twitter, granted i havent seen anything about this one, just the alton sterling one, posting gun laws in louisiana like you don't need to be licensed/have a permit to own a gun, but they ignore the fact that the guy was a felon, so he isn't legally allowed to own one, permitted or not. then they blame the media like OH well why you putting his record out there!!! it doesn't matter he was murdered! and dumbass memes like man killed by police, police record put online, white man rapes girl, swimtimes put online. white kid didnt have a record lol wtf

but yea its all a shame. i have no answers to any of it. this one could clearly be way worse than the alton sterling one, because if even its remotely close to the story the woman is saying than thats a bad one, unavoidable by the person killed. he wouldve followed the letter of the law, letting the officer know he was licensed and it was on him etc, where as alton sterling may not have deserved to be shot, he was still a felon carrying a firearm which is illegal, and he was resisting arrest.

whats the answer to all this?
Old 07-07-2016, 06:40 AM   #3
oats
Steel Cut

Battle Record: 19-10

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night LXXXIV
- Art of Writing League

oats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant future

@uh-oh that's a legitimate question, and I don't think anyone is under the illusion that there's a simple fix to police brutality. I'm by no means an expert, but one thing I've noticed is that the best interactions I've had with cops is when they are actually from the community they're policing. they have greater investment into the wellbeing of the populace than some war vet who gets placed at some random county and may or may not give two shits about the community. having more community outreach efforts in general wouldn't hurt, either. it's hard to see people as the enemy - which POs often do - when you actually know them (or people like them).

how to incentivize people to become police officers in their home towns is open to discussion and debate, but I think that's a really good start. word on the contrarian bit, though. I find myself despising a lot of people who share common values with me because of their social media emphasis on social injustices. like dude, blowing up my timeline with memes doesn't make you an activist.
Old 07-07-2016, 06:41 AM   #4
oats
Steel Cut

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night LXXXIV
- Art of Writing League

oats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant future

Old 07-07-2016, 07:04 AM   #5
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

ban white people from being cops

Ha!
Inno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 08:45 AM   #6
Chill Phil
World's Heaviest Ghost

Chill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant futureChill Phil has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
whats the solution though? because we need police. disarming them? it isn't really feasible here because our populace is armed.

these are fucked up, espescially when we don't know any of the facts. like in this case for sure, this is the first im seeing it. but it aint recording until he is already shot.

and the alton sterling one in both videos you don't see what led up to it, and you can't see if he is reaching

either way both could be proven to be excessive for sure

its just maddening because what course of action can actually be taken?

also i hate the fact my brain plays the contrarian constantly lol. but its like you see people on facebook and twitter, granted i havent seen anything about this one, just the alton sterling one, posting gun laws in louisiana like you don't need to be licensed/have a permit to own a gun, but they ignore the fact that the guy was a felon, so he isn't legally allowed to own one, permitted or not. then they blame the media like OH well why you putting his record out there!!! it doesn't matter he was murdered! and dumbass memes like man killed by police, police record put online, white man rapes girl, swimtimes put online. white kid didnt have a record lol wtf

but yea its all a shame. i have no answers to any of it. this one could clearly be way worse than the alton sterling one, because if even its remotely close to the story the woman is saying than thats a bad one, unavoidable by the person killed. he wouldve followed the letter of the law, letting the officer know he was licensed and it was on him etc, where as alton sterling may not have deserved to be shot, he was still a felon carrying a firearm which is illegal, and he was resisting arrest.

whats the answer to all this?
I saw the Alton Sterling videos, and like all the other videos, all I can see are the results of a reaction made by a person or persons who are terrified or greatly agitated. These cops are overreacting because they're scared/angry, and have held onto that fear or anger so long it finally erupted at the worst possible time. Of course those cops need to be tried for murder, as they would try me if I'd done what they did. But, what really REALLY needs to be done though, is getting a really massive amount of competent psychiatric doctors on-site at all police departments, and help these guys deal with their issues BEFORE they go viral for snapping and contributing to the Helter Skelter the media wants us to believe is occurring. We see soldiers and Marines come back from war...snap and then kill someone and/or themselves; something tells me a lot of cops are suffering from similar neurological conditions and because it's "just their job," they're not dealing with caustic dilemmas within them. Again...that was definitely murder, and though I don't understand why it happened, I do understand that there's probably a long list of reasons why, which was certainly years in the making.
Old 07-07-2016, 10:47 AM   #7
Mike Wrecka
WOW

Battle Record: 29-25

Champed
- Writing Challenge League I

Mike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant future

As a New Yorker the idea that regular people can legally carry guns on their waist is very foreign to me. Here you need a real legitimate reason like being a security guard or something along those lines. Ive actually never seen or heard of someone legally carrying a hand gun in public. I think people should have as many firearms as they want inside their home but once you bring them out into the community it's a recipe for disaster if you ask me.

Dude wanted to live by the gun. He died by the gun. Facts
Old 07-07-2016, 11:15 AM   #8
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Champed
- AOWL Season 3

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Wrecka View Post
As a New Yorker the idea that regular people can legally carry guns on their waist is very foreign to me. Here you need a real legitimate reason like being a security guard or something along those lines. Ive actually never seen or heard of someone legally carrying a hand gun in public. I think people should have as many firearms as they want inside their home but once you bring them out into the community it's a recipe for disaster if you ask me.

Licensed concealed carry is legal in New York.
Old 07-07-2016, 11:16 AM   #9
Diode
PR's Finest

Battle Record: 12-7

Diode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Wrecka View Post
Daily reminder that you're a fucking moron.
Old 07-07-2016, 11:28 AM   #10
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Champed
- AOWL Season 3

Quote:

It speaks volumes that the policeman is clearly freaking out and not at all denying what the woman says. It's the voice of someone who realizes they made a mistake. Obviously, this is circumstantial. My guess is that when Philando Castile told the police officer that he was carrying, the police officer immediately pulled his gun and became worried. Even though Castile did exactly what he was expected to do.

Quote:
You actually do see exactly what happened before the shooting in the first video. Sterling was tasered, fell to the ground with two policemen holding guns on him and continued shaking ... because he was tasered.
Old 07-07-2016, 12:59 PM   #11
Mike Wrecka
WOW

Battle Record: 29-25

Champed
- Writing Challenge League I

Mike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certain View Post
Very difficult to get licensed concealed.
Old 07-07-2016, 01:04 PM   #12
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Battle Record: 19-8

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League Season 6

Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certain View Post
It is, but a lot harder to obtain if you live in NYC (Any of the 5 Boroughs). Outside of the city, it isn't THAT hard to get.

State Police are even out of Jurisdiction in NYC and they are NYS/New York STATE Police!
Amen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 01:08 PM   #13
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Champed
- AOWL Season 3

@Diode, please ban Trademark.
Old 07-07-2016, 01:09 PM   #14
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Battle Record: 19-8

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League Season 6

Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen

snitch, early lol...
Amen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 01:30 PM   #15
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

The store security cam footage of the Alton shooting is pretty damn conclusive. They murdered that man. No two ways about it.
And the ditch in the back road stop
Could you find me?
PancakeBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 02:40 PM   #16
Blanco Bishop

Battle Record: 11-20

Blanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant future

Honestly whats more concerning is that this broad is relatively non chalant about the whole thing. She's more concerned with taking the video then actually getting her man medical aid.
Blanco Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 02:49 PM   #17
Chyeahhh!!!
Saul Paul

Battle Record: 16-26

Chyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant future

dude she recorded everything and could not tend to him because there was a weapon in the car and had she moved she could have been deemed a threat and could have been fired upon, that's why she remained super calm. Cop was shaking and shit, he was distraught. she was smart
Chyeahhh!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 02:54 PM   #18
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Champed
- AOWL Season 3

Not often that we get to say this, but Chyeahhh!!! is correct.
Old 07-07-2016, 02:57 PM   #19
Split Eight
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Battle Record: 3-5

Champed
- Haiku Writers Challenge

Split Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond repute

I swear to god if I see one more #BlueLivesMatter post I'm going to fling my car into a ravine

when I write, lately, I feel as if I begin by stringing together ambient ideas and concepts, then i realize I'm just typing the words coffee, tawdry, and autumn over and over and over, again, then I pass out dru-
Split Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 03:38 PM   #20
oats
Steel Cut

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night LXXXIV
- Art of Writing League

Fair warning, I'm drunk. But

I find it hilarious in the "I don't know what else to do so I laugh" kind of way that the same people sayin fuck the FBI and the justice department cuz of Hillary's emails are adamantly condemning people who say fuck cops for killing civilians. What a world, man. but rest assured there are always those who are eager to defend the empowered and speak up for those whose voices echo through loudspeakers. I hate Facebook, all it does is reveal to me the people in my life who subscribe to a worldview that I find repulsive and idiotic. Anyway I'm gonna go to bed and wake up to watch people punch each other. It's a fitting distraction and somehow it helps.

Tags
mvgt -oatmeal, nycspitz < rich chigga, veritas dumb as hell