Old 03-08-2018, 07:03 PM   #1
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future
Default BOTBAB3 (Legion of Skanks)

your boy kicked it off this year.

legion of skanks is a comedy podcast with big jay oakerson, luis j gomez, and dave smith. each year they do a battle of the bands scenario where people submit music and they listen/vote/and clown on them, usually they have guests and a crowd at a comedy club but i guess a NOREASTER hit NYC and snowed them in. they were gonna have jamey jasta on who is the singer from hatebreed. i don't know metal music but i think they're a thing? lol. but word its mostly comedians. michael ches judged on last ones too not sure who they have lined up as guests this year during this but word

anyways rd 1 is the top 32 submissions, and i submitted some tracks from me and the homie luck off our last project. winner gets like 600 bucks, im in it cuz this is the best podcast going though.

but word rd 1 is literally only 10 seconds of each song. i think rd 2 is 30 seconds and then a full minute in the final rounds? not sure. but word

i had to snag the vid off their site it don't go to youtube till sunday/monday. so im waiting for my screenrecording to export and upload to youtube which is why im still typing.

Last edited by uh-oh; 03-28-2018 at 10:51 PM.
uh-oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 10:20 PM   #2
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Battle Record: 56-21

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Sharp has disabled reputation

That's fucking awesome man

Mazel Tov, wish they had talked more about the music but with 10 seconds (weird ass cap) guess they couldn't say much. Well deserved, keep us posted!
Sharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 11:09 PM   #3
boof

boof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant future

love that beat
boof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 06:48 AM   #4
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Battle Record: 3-5

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

This was awesome. Glad you getting some shine. Yours should win. Do you have a link to the full track sir?
The cerebral assassin, the molder of minds, the Omni potent being. Time transcending traveler, wisdom incarnate. Veritas needs no intro but I guess I have to. He’s not know in the battling world but who doesn’t know veritas? The guy us always original and if you pay attention to his bars, dude brings the heat.. The gawd.
veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 06:22 PM   #5
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp View Post
That's fucking awesome man

Mazel Tov, wish they had talked more about the music but with 10 seconds (weird ass cap) guess they couldn't say much. Well deserved, keep us posted!
word i was wondering how they would receive it, they've had hip hop in past ones but it was more generic whiteboyish. i think mine was the only hip hop in the first round (so far, the second half of round one is next week), i think some people got screwed, since it was literally 10 seconds, starting 1 minute into the song. so a couple seemed like instrumentals but it couldve just been a lull in the action. but word its 99 percent punk/metal shit. which makes sense

big jay is the main draw for the podcast, and he's a metal type dude and used to open for korn (doing his comedy obviously) and shit like that. so i thought it was funny the chat was like fuck that shittt lmao.

and word @boof. it was one of the few beats i used with claps. some smooth 80's shit too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veritas View Post
This was awesome. Glad you getting some shine. Yours should win. Do you have a link to the full track sir?

its a different track each round, but all 5 are from my last project with luck so its all similairish.

im hoping round 2 jumps to 30 seconds. i forget how they worked in the past, i just know each round they play more from each since there are less entrants/ battles to play. although round 2 will also have 16 battles in one week so who knows

Old 03-09-2018, 06:54 PM   #6
Gaslight
Dead Sheeran

Gaslight has a brilliant futureGaslight has a brilliant futureGaslight has a brilliant futureGaslight has a brilliant futureGaslight has a brilliant futureGaslight has a brilliant futureGaslight has a brilliant futureGaslight has a brilliant futureGaslight has a brilliant futureGaslight has a brilliant futureGaslight has a brilliant future

I onno who the fuck you are, but that's pretty sick. Good shit, bruv.
Gaslight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:00 PM   #7
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

round 2 is tonight

they ain't starting till 10:30 though and the battles don't start till like an hour in. you can watch live on gasdigital.com for free i think

i just worked 12 hours straight so i don't think i'm going to stay up for it. ari shaffir will be in studio with em tonight, but they're in the same mini studio not the creek and the cave, but word

with any luck i'll make it to rd 3, im going up against some METAL shit this time though, and in the first round their shit sounded pretty clean and not like pure nonsense so i might get booted this round since they're metal/rocker dudes. ari is ECLECTIC tho and dave smith fucks with hip hop so who knows. if it goes to the chat im done in.

either way i'll snag the video tomorrow and post it up in here
Old 03-21-2018, 11:43 PM   #8
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Finnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant future

Dope shit, homie.
Finnydot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 06:56 AM   #9
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

i stayed up, which was a terrible idea because now im ruined for the workday today

i gotta run out the door, but i advanced

they were a little distracted which couldve helped/hurt me, i'll screengrab and post it after work today

but im in the final 8 now. also kinda got another clean sweep, ari/dave/jay voted me, so luis' vote didn't matter and i don't think he said either way, but he's a garbage puerto rican who wouldve probably voted for the metal band
Old 03-22-2018, 08:55 AM   #10
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Battle Record: 56-21

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Sharp has disabled reputation

Hell yeah man, that's awesome
Sharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 09:48 AM   #11
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Battle Record: 19-8

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League Season 6

Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen

Hope you win, dude.

Invest the extra $600 or some odd winnings towards a future, bro.
Amen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 12:30 PM   #12
Geno
White Earl

Battle Record: 10-15

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Geno

Hope u get this ur skill deserves shine bruh
Old 03-22-2018, 06:51 PM   #13
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

here is the clip

like i said they were pretty distracted lol, the whole side bet thing they were doing was, basically luis (the puerto rican dude) shit in the studio bathroom and clogged the toilet. since there is/was a blizzard going on they couldn't get a plumber out there so earlier in the show big jay was complaining about the smell permeating into the studio. they bet that ari shaffir would or wouldn't say something about the smell.(he came late so didn't know about the situation). so for the majority of the podcast big jay was trying to drop hints to get him to say something about it while luis was trying to avoid it. it just happened to CULMINATE during the first battle of the night which happened to be mine lol. so no feedback really other than some quick votes in there. but word.

Old 03-22-2018, 06:57 PM   #14
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

also they mentioned that they are starting a gofundme because fans hit them up saying they want to donate money to the winner on top of the 625 they put up. one guy said he wanted to donate 500 lol.

so the main prize could be over 1000 which would be dope

again im surprised im still this far in it. if i make it to the finals and lose im going to be pissed. would much rather have an early exit lol

that cocksucker
Old 03-24-2018, 05:58 PM   #15
Incredible

Battle Record: 6-15

Incredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant future

Yo what's going on with this? major props deserved for real.

Also voting that this thread should be a sticky thread until the conclusion.

Keep us updated man and good luck.
Incredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 06:46 PM   #16
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

thanks dawg

all i know is i made it to round 3, which was pre recorded since they are doing shows in LA next week. they ain't putting it up until wednesday night at 9pm on gasdigital. then it goes up for free on itunes/youtube etc monday morning. this monday is the free version of rd 2(which happened this past wednesday).

but word if i made it through rd 3, im in the semi finals. since the 5th round is the final battle.

im hype THO. espescially if they get a gofundme going with fans donating to the prize money.

but word no need for a sticky, i'll update my progress as it goes win or lose.
Old 03-24-2018, 09:07 PM   #17
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

Badluck gets 50% or we riot.
And the ditch in the back road stop
Could you find me?
PancakeBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 09:51 PM   #18
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

that was the plan

but realistically we ain't going to win

jamey jasta is going to be there for the finals. so if we somehow make it that far, that makes it 3 metal heads to 1 hip hop head in the voting.

made it through rd 1 off the novelty of being hip hop

made it through rd 2 thanks to heebie kikeburger ari shaffir and the saga of shit fumes distracting the rest of them

we'll see how the rest plays out.

fox news contributor/libertarian/hip hop head of the smarmy army dave smith is my only hope in this
Old 03-28-2018, 10:29 PM   #19
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

im in the FINAL FOUR bros

next wednesday they are doing round 4 and 5 in one.

but word, gonna upload the clip tonight, will post it tomorrow morning. its exporting now and my upload speeds to youtube take like an hour on these short clips for some reason

but word i'll start it uploading before i crash out

no word on a gofundme or anything yet so the prize is probably still just the 625 but still its pretty dope we made it this far
Old 03-28-2018, 10:50 PM   #20
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uploaded quick, i'm gonna edit the first post so all three rds so far are there