Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > AOWL Season 5 Archive
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 09-23-2015, 09:19 PM   #401
2tripple0
death warmed over

Battle Record: 6-21

2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0

I tried last week something a little different and im glad people recognize that it was a start considering my writing in the past but what I tried to do this week was kind of have a set up and a conclusion at the end of every line then each line I was doing a set up which had to do with the topic and then the second line in a bar would be my way of adding a bit of knowledge and wisdom to the text.....I kind of felt like doing that because I have a hard time going from point a to point b in a storytelling kind of way and I don't have the ability to write shit like a rap at all times so this was my way of writing something that I could tackle and really try my best at throwing people off of the topic so that at some points it didn't make sense and there was a reasonable explanation for that...
Old 09-23-2015, 09:21 PM   #402
EtH
Erebus

Battle Record: 6-1

Champed
- Art of Writing League

EtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoken View Post
What up!!!
2-2. I said I wanted us to give em hell and evidentially that's what we've done so far haha. Good luck with it mate.

Nigma, defo. When I joined that ISTL league in here I went from verses about religion, politics and death to everything else. When you're writing all the time, you can't just write about the same shit all the time. You need to mix it up.

Ironically, the first ever story I told was my most original ever. I must have been about 6 or something. We had a creative writing class. I wrote a story about my toys abseiling out the window to go to some dilapidated house where all the toys had a meeting. I remember so vividly cause the teacher brought my parents in to find out how the hell I know what dilapidated and abseiling was at 6 years old haha
Old 09-23-2015, 09:25 PM   #403
2tripple0
death warmed over

2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0

its funny I often feel like peoples most fond memories are from when they are a child I can barely remember significant points in my adulthood whereas my memories as a toddler are so much more vivid... so that was cool to hear im not the only one who recalls their youth so fondly
Old 09-23-2015, 09:54 PM   #404
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Battle Record: 36-34

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Adonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant future

@Nigma

KKKudos

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 09-23-2015, 10:06 PM   #405
Nigma
The COAT...

Battle Record: 28-20

Champed
- Art of Writing League (x3)

Nigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adonis View Post
@Nigma

KKKudos
thankaya sir! no racist
Old 09-23-2015, 10:16 PM   #406
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Champed
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Adonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigma View Post
thankaya sir! no racist
what are the other names in you sig?

is that viscor?

WTF happened to him?

No joke, last time I ever saw him I beat him something like 6-0 in a contenders match circa season Uno

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 09-23-2015, 10:24 PM   #407
Nigma
The COAT...

Battle Record: 28-20

Champed
- Art of Writing League (x3)

Nigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adonis View Post
what are the other names in you sig?

is that viscor?

WTF happened to him?

No joke, last time I ever saw him I beat him something like 6-0 in a contenders match circa season Uno

hahah no is says Vis Maior, it's latin.

dunno who viscor is but i hope hes doing really well and has improved as a writer
Old 09-23-2015, 10:43 PM   #408
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Champed
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Greater force meet creatores art

the one and only

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 09-23-2015, 10:53 PM   #409
EtH
Erebus

Battle Record: 6-1

Champed
- Art of Writing League

EtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant future

Lmao at Nigma wishing the dude well.
Old 09-24-2015, 01:50 AM   #410
UnbornBuddha

Battle Record: 23-10

Champed
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 5

UnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant future

2Tripple0 don't forget to take your medication.
Old 09-24-2015, 02:46 AM   #411
2tripple0
death warmed over

lol I try reaching out to you guys but you never lack the implication to harass me lol

I mean do I even know you godcomplex??
Old 09-24-2015, 06:29 AM   #412
Flow
Upset Champion

Battle Record: 57-49

Accomplishments
- 50 Wins

Champed
- BA Rookie Tourney
- 1-2 Punch League (x2)
- Pandemonium Cypher
- 1-2 Punch league Season 9

Flow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant future

@2tripple0

I also struggle with the in depth story technique. So i dont do it. I tell it in a much more metaphorical tone. This week was simply a recount of me sucking my bank dry to feed a gambling addiction via the use of a pub fruit machine. But youll notice if you read it it doesnt come across as your typical story. I spend my energys working on my internals and rhyme schemes as opposed to anything else. At a basic you need a start middle and end but that is very basic anyway. Start by writing down what you want the start to actually say. Then the middle and so on. Then start writing for each section as opposed to just writing from start to finish without structure. Note any clever ideas you want to include but dont be afraid to lose the ones that dont work.

Hope this helps. I felt bad that you feel your reaching out an just getting banter back lol.
Old 09-24-2015, 06:29 AM   #413
Flow
Upset Champion

Battle Record: 57-49

Accomplishments
- 50 Wins

Champed
- BA Rookie Tourney
- 1-2 Punch League (x2)
- Pandemonium Cypher
- 1-2 Punch league Season 9

Flow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant future

Old 09-24-2015, 02:07 PM   #414
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Battle Record: 28-3

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Guerrilla Writing League (2x)
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

Good to have you guys involved @Bobby Bigelow @fraze !
Old 09-24-2015, 02:11 PM   #415
Frank

Champed
- NWL Season 2
- Art of Writing League (5x)
- AOWL Season 6
- AOWL Season 10

Frank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant future

Delete Bobby's sway my G.

Moderating backwards.

Open the champ match back up. 4-0 is not suffice outcome for a match of that magnitude. Close Kneeslap ASAP. Bring back the tripple 0 battle until it has reached a winner, which is 6 votes around here, chap.
Old 09-24-2015, 02:15 PM   #416
Bobby Bigelow
Saviorself

Battle Record: 1-1

Bobby Bigelow is an unknown quantity at this point

I aint swaying shit u just need to sway that faggotry away from me and my name ya heard
Old 09-24-2015, 02:21 PM   #417
Frank

Champed
- NWL Season 2
- AOWL Season 6
- AOWL Season 10

Frank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant future

Bobby, You ain't never going to be able to look at another man named Steve the same again.

That's some funny shit
Old 09-24-2015, 02:27 PM   #418
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Battle Record: 28-3

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Guerrilla Writing League (2x)
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

I'll delete Bobbys post simply because I feel it doesn't need to be there if it's not a vote.

I'm not re-opening battles though, 3-0 is a shut out, so 4-0 definitely is especially with so few signed in. There are other battles open that need the votes more, if threads aren't wrapped up quick people pick to vote on the easy ones that are already wrapped up just to meet their voting requirements.
@Adonis runs this shit so his word will be final, but that's my view at least. I call shit as fair as I see it.
Old 09-24-2015, 02:28 PM   #419
Bobby Bigelow
Saviorself

Battle Record: 1-1

Bobby Bigelow is an unknown quantity at this point

Fortunately i dont know any steves. Real name aint Bobby either so its all good. But you can never get rid of the fact u actually wrote and submitted that rape story. That shit goes beyond trolling...
Old 09-24-2015, 02:36 PM   #420
Frank

Champed
- NWL Season 2
- AOWL Season 6
- AOWL Season 10

Your head was bopping, Bob

No but seriously I couldn't imagine reading that if my user name was Bobby Bigelow. That shit had to be ULTRA disturbing.

I would appreciate if you would tell me a little bit about how you felt while you read that, while signed in as the real life bobby bigelow?