Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 04-07-2023, 09:08 AM   #1
House of Leaves
Banned

House of Leaves House of Leaves House of Leaves House of Leaves House of Leaves House of Leaves House of Leaves House of Leaves House of Leaves House of Leaves House of Leaves
Default November 2022 quick Yahoo News Article Critique (for your morning Read)

who cares @ this pt?
lol,

Just had to push back on some sensitive racial talk of stereotypes and negative connotations.... in society from 4+ months ago:
On an article which went a little too far explaining sensitivty (In my white/privilaged opinion) so yea

==========================
Please don't take this post as advocating for disparaging any group of people -- but this author IMO makes some ground-breaking claims that really have my BS meter ringing. Right from the beginning...

"While it’s generally not socially acceptable to openly espouse negative stereotypes about large groups of people in 2022 (unless you’re a famous rapper..."

Can we all agree that Kanye has faced HUGE financial/social consequences to his negative stereoypes?? The author is literally claiming Kanye has been socially accepted. Not factual.

"Calling a group of people ‘good with money’ and ‘intelligent’ is complimenting them, isn’t it?...No, it actually isn’t."

In a vaccuum, particularly claiming this about non-jews (since we don't have the passive aggressive 'baggage' that comes with saying this about jews explained in latter paragaraphs), I contend that it IS a complement, on it's face.

"A warm stereotype like “Irish people are funny and like to have a good time,” has the corresponding negative association on the competence side—something along the lines of, “because they’re drunks and are not serious people.”

What if it's just a simple statement without saying the negative part? Who's the racist?: The person who says the first sentence?, or the audience who reads the 2nd part into it?

"...because race is a myth and there is no such thing as intelligence either, at least in a biological sense."The author cites ONE 1950 article as proof for the ridiculous claim that "race is a myth”.(cont)
-If race is a myth then why did the author write this article?
-If race is a myth then why do genetic testing companies rake in billions of dollars?
-If race is a myth then what about the terms Caucasoid, Mongoloid, Negroid, Australiod?
-Ok, if you don’t like those questions then what about the fact that (of COURSE lesser extent nowadays), people of the Jewish RELIGION started in one area of the world and did not really breed outside of their kind for hundreds of years—maybe it’s lazy to call Jews a “race” but can we not agree that they’ve had a (RELATIVELY) homogenous gene pool over the centuries? – which, dare I say, approaches something like race…

No such thing as intelligence? I googled the question and the very first words I saw were:
“Indeed, intelligence usually refers to logic, understanding, self-awareness, emotional knowledge, planning, creativity, problem-solving and learning”.
Yeah, I’m just gonna go with that based on common sense, biology or no biology.

“It’s the flip side from saying that Black people are naturally more athletic, a seemingly benign evaluation that is loaded with negativity (“Which means they’re good at playing sports; not good at being being lawyers.”
This is a ridiculous quote. What’s wrong with someone saying Black people are naturally more athletic? Who ‘loaded up’ the follow-up negative statement here? I played sports when I was younger and have watched sports all my life. Sure, it’s a big generality with many exceptions. But, is it not true?

“Assuming an Asian person is, say, good at math {sic- IS} harmful and depersonalizing in and of itself, no matter how you value skill at math…”
I’m tired of typing. I just disagree.
“…This doesn’t mean there’s some racial trait that makes Asians better at math (or Jews better at managing money).”
Agreed.. but what about CULTURAL traits? Certainly cultural [family] traits make Asians (IN GENERAL) better at math and Jews (IN GENERAL) good at managing money.

Thanks for playing.
a (discussion)reference ~
House of Leaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 09:24 AM   #2
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Battle Record: 28-3

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Guerrilla Writing League (2x)
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

You’re definitely racist.

All of this is just you projecting.
sral is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 09:32 AM   #3
Pharaohs Army
Banned

Battle Record: 6 - 14

Pharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sral View Post
You’re definitely racist.

All of this is just you projecting.
I thought we were done baiting and are now into productivity (Lars).

-Kanye stuff for dat old answer thread
-Irish stuff for dat old witty thread
-Asians in math with A.A. on the SCOTUS docket?
-Rap is a lot of black/whites/hispanics separate or coming Together
So when u bring up race in a winning champ match expect the old Reference

just starting a chat shit I respect all races/humans if they Kind/ if they deserve it...Co-workers(valued).
Just pushing back on True-woke sensitivie.... I will fight any phucking KKK or True Ju hating bastard...any big0t who wants to comment on this; tack WAY right?- i'll give u the Devil's "Adv." Lars.
any new bars?
any race comments ?u sure u don't wanna pour thru 30 mins of deaf/blind live battle for the jackie robinson line u can call answer a cracker on? Lol~

race bait bully.! I'm simply opening the dialogue for the 5 readers, and Diode's Summer subscription.
Yeah, Kung have his way me& u will pay small monthly for our OWN shit here, if we don't save quick Like deadman.
(deadpan. diablo)

edit* fuck thought I still on H.O.L. account lol. we're all ova

Last edited by Pharaohs Army; 04-07-2023 at 09:34 AM.
Pharaohs Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 07:24 AM   #4
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Do you see @Diode?

Do you see what we have become?

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 10:43 PM   #5
Pharaohs Army
Banned

Battle Record: 6 - 14

Pharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witty View Post
Do you see @Diode?

Do you see what we have become?
Sure Fox~
Quote:
Originally Posted by House of Leaves View Post
...has the corresponding negative association on the competence side—something along the lines of, “because they’re drunks and are not serious people.”

a (discussion)reference ~
Am I boring you again "Wittorical?
Pharaohs Army is offline   Reply With Quote