Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 04-22-2018, 02:08 PM   #1
Chyeahhh!!!
Saul Paul

Battle Record: 16-26

Chyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant future
Default when did the golden age of rap start and end of you?

just a question. Was having a debate with someone lastnight about DMX for example, and dude argued that DMX wasn't apart of the golden era and I pretty much think he was on the tail end of the golden era being the golden era for me was like 93-99.

I know the ledge, his sister's a jumpoff
Chyeahhh!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 02:16 PM   #2
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Battle Record: 19-8

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League Season 6

Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen

Same.

Yo, legit question. You remember that Miami bath salt/face eater/zombie incident? Think dudes name was Eugene something? I just bumped in to some weird conspiracy shit surrounding that incident. No bath salts were found in dudes system just weed or some shit and following the evidence something about how our government has been prepared for a zombie apocalypse and 8 different froms of one. This was all a part of A GOVT plan to introduce zombie like symptoms by an introduction to some genetic engineered type substance and to create a zombie apocopyse? Forgot what the code name was but ended with a 4 digit number 8888 or 8808 SOMETHING like that.... You up on this?

Edit: Rudy Eugene was the dudes name and the Pentagon operations is supposedly called CANOP 8888

Last edited by Amen; 04-22-2018 at 02:22 PM.
Amen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 02:16 PM   #3
Mr. J
The Clown Prince

Battle Record: 35-45

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Mr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant future

98 seemed like the last big year for Hip Hop due to the diversity of great albums that came out.
Old 04-22-2018, 02:32 PM   #4
Geno
White Earl

Battle Record: 10-15

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Geno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amen View Post
Same.

Yo, legit question. You remember that Miami bath salt/face eater/zombie incident? Think dudes name was Eugene something? I just bumped in to some weird conspiracy shit surrounding that incident. No bath salts were found in dudes system just weed or some shit and following the evidence something about how our government has been prepared for a zombie apocalypse and 8 different froms of one. This was all a part of A GOVT plan to introduce zombie like symptoms by an introduction to some genetic engineered type substance and to create a zombie apocopyse? Forgot what the code name was but ended with a 4 digit number 8888 or 8808 SOMETHING like that.... You up on this?

Edit: Rudy Eugene was the dudes name and the Pentagon operations is supposedly called CANOP 8888

Heard about this. No bath salts. Apparently it was a virus he eas infectrd eith.

Crazy
Old 04-22-2018, 02:45 PM   #5
Schadenfreude
Dynomite.. DYNOMITE!!

Battle Record: 42-22

Champed
- Netcees Battle League (2x)
- BA Tag Team Titles
- Lyric Olympics

Schadenfreude has a brilliant futureSchadenfreude has a brilliant futureSchadenfreude has a brilliant futureSchadenfreude has a brilliant futureSchadenfreude has a brilliant futureSchadenfreude has a brilliant futureSchadenfreude has a brilliant futureSchadenfreude has a brilliant futureSchadenfreude has a brilliant futureSchadenfreude has a brilliant futureSchadenfreude has a brilliant future

Yea that bath salt story's wild as hell.

As for my personal golden era, I was about 10 when I started grasping the meaning of music for myself, so 2000-2001. I started listening to hip hop & music in general, from all eras.
Old 04-22-2018, 02:47 PM   #6
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

i hate these golden era discussions. define golden era?

i feel like everyones definition is different. are we talking specifically mainstream music? or hip hop music in general?
Old 04-22-2018, 02:48 PM   #7
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

Yea I think 93-99 is pretty standard but I also want to fit in dipsets entire movement cuz I'm a Stan lol.... So maybe extend it to 04 and I think that also let's us pay homage to when weezy started being good too....idgaf what uh oh or anybody else say Wayne wasn't good until the squad tapes lol
Ghost1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 02:50 PM   #8
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost1 View Post
Yea I think 93-99 is pretty standard but I also want to fit in dipsets entire movement cuz I'm a Stan lol.... So maybe extend it to 04 and I think that also let's us pay homage to when weezy started being good too....idgaf what uh oh it anybody else say Wayne wasn't good until the squad tapes lol
nonsense to that last statement

but word to rocafella as a whole

the problem i have with these discussions is you can basically keep extending it out

we can all agree it started in the early 90's because thats when the genre fleshed itself out completely and you had artists that were well rounded and complete.

but i mean what makes the era end? when poppy uninspiring music hits the mainstream? because even in the golden era there was garbage breaking through
Old 04-22-2018, 02:51 PM   #9
Blue Bayou
Ukrainian Howlitzers

Battle Record: 41-24

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- NBL Season 3
- Alias Tournament II
- Fight Night XLVIII
- Fight Night XXV
- Fight Night XV
- Fight Night (3x)
- Netcees Battle League (4x)
- NBL Tag Team Season 3
- Lyric Olympics
- 1-2 Punch League (3x)
- Battle Arena League (2x)
- Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2
- BA Tag
- NPL Roast
- Netcees Pic League

Blue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant future

^^Are you Bags or is For Batting Bags? I'm confused...

@Ghost1
Blue Bayou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 02:54 PM   #10
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Battle Record: 85-58

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- NPL Roast

Destroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant future

Hahahhahaha
Ouch
philosophy.
Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 02:54 PM   #11
Schadenfreude
Dynomite.. DYNOMITE!!

Champed
- BA Tag Team Titles
- Lyric Olympics

Schadenfreude has a brilliant futureSchadenfreude has a brilliant futureSchadenfreude has a brilliant futureSchadenfreude has a brilliant futureSchadenfreude has a brilliant futureSchadenfreude has a brilliant futureSchadenfreude has a brilliant futureSchadenfreude has a brilliant futureSchadenfreude has a brilliant futureSchadenfreude has a brilliant futureSchadenfreude has a brilliant future

Ghost1 is Bags, For Zelph is an oddity that won't die.
Old 04-22-2018, 02:56 PM   #12
For Battling

Battle Record: 11-6

For Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant future

Excuse me?
For Battling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 03:05 PM   #13
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Champed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Bayou View Post
^^Are you Bags or is For Batting Bags? I'm confused...

@Ghost1
Lmaooooooo

@For Battling
Old 04-22-2018, 03:07 PM   #14
Schadenfreude
Dynomite.. DYNOMITE!!

Champed
- BA Tag Team Titles
- Lyric Olympics

You should be ALL For Battling (the battler) or ALL Zelph (the comic relief), not both.
Old 04-22-2018, 03:19 PM   #15
Blue Bayou
Ukrainian Howlitzers

Battle Record: 41-24

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- NBL Season 3
- Alias Tournament II
- Fight Night XLVIII
- Fight Night XXV
- Fight Night XV
- Fight Night (3x)
- Netcees Battle League (4x)
- NBL Tag Team Season 3
- Lyric Olympics
- 1-2 Punch League (3x)
- Battle Arena League (2x)
- Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2
- BA Tag
- NPL Roast
- Netcees Pic League

Blue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant future

sorry Bags :(
Blue Bayou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 03:41 PM   #16
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Champed

@Ghost1 - Jim Jones dropping a new album soon.
Old 04-22-2018, 04:17 PM   #17
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Battle Record: 52-28

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute

Jim jones mama wrote a diss track at his girl his careers a wash
~RustyGunZ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 05:55 PM   #18
Chyeahhh!!!
Saul Paul

Battle Record: 16-26

Chyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant future
Default he speaks....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amen View Post
Same.

told ya'll about this when it happened like 3 4 years ago

I know the ledge, his sister's a jumpoff
Chyeahhh!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 06:15 PM   #19
Enbombz
Not Joog

Battle Record: 9-5

Enbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant future

I don't know but I was most into it between 2000-2005. On the back of 50 cent getting big. I was already into like bone thugs and Had a few Jedi mind tricks tracks on a mix cassette.. I was big on dipset, then started discovering like boot camp click, non phixion and everything that came before. I used to really know my shit. My interest in hip hop died off though once I hit my twenties.
Enbombz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 07:21 PM   #20
ill nik-A
Super Senior Member

Battle Record: 70-25

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- Battle Arena
- BA Picture
- Picture Battle Tournament
- Netcees Battle League (3x)
- Netcees Writers League (2x)
- Summer Classic VI
- Fall Brawl III
- Netcees Battle League Season X
- Lyric Olympics

ill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant future

Run DMC
Beastie Boys
LL cool J
Mc shy D
2 live crew

Started it all for me

Tags
nik grew up in prohibition