Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Netcees - Leagues & Tournaments > NBL Season 17: Summertime Shootout/The Last Stand > Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2023, 02:02 AM   #1
Zuo
Sidearms

Battle Record: 1-1

Zuo has a brilliant futureZuo has a brilliant futureZuo has a brilliant futureZuo has a brilliant futureZuo has a brilliant futureZuo has a brilliant futureZuo has a brilliant futureZuo has a brilliant futureZuo has a brilliant futureZuo has a brilliant futureZuo has a brilliant future
Default Week 2: Wordz Ahgod (0-0) vs. MV The Demon (0-0) - WORDZ AHGOD WINS VIA NS

Rules

You know the drill.

Due Dates:
Verses this week are due Thursday and will be open until Sunday.
Battles that lack votes may close later.
One sided battles may get closed early.
Extensions are 24 hours

Line Limit:
Minimum of 8, maximum of 16
If not agreed upon, second drop must match length of the first.

Check ins are encouraged but not mandatory. Also, swaying/biting/recycling is a DQ

@MV The Demon @Pepino @Wordz AhGod

Last edited by Zuo; 04-24-2023 at 04:45 PM.
Old 04-24-2023, 01:49 PM   #2
Pepino

Pepino Pepino Pepino Pepino Pepino Pepino Pepino Pepino Pepino Pepino Pepino

sure thing
Old 04-24-2023, 04:45 PM   #3
Wordz AhGod
カミノコトバ

Battle Record: 2-0

Wordz AhGod Wordz AhGod Wordz AhGod Wordz AhGod Wordz AhGod Wordz AhGod Wordz AhGod Wordz AhGod Wordz AhGod Wordz AhGod Wordz AhGod

Looks like I’m replacing Zuo here. 10 is good.
Old 04-24-2023, 04:45 PM   #4
Zuo
Sidearms

Zuo has a brilliant futureZuo has a brilliant futureZuo has a brilliant futureZuo has a brilliant futureZuo has a brilliant futureZuo has a brilliant futureZuo has a brilliant futureZuo has a brilliant futureZuo has a brilliant futureZuo has a brilliant futureZuo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepino View Post
sure thing
@Wordz AhGod is going to be taking my place in this battle
Old 04-24-2023, 10:41 PM   #5
Wordz AhGod
カミノコトバ

Wordz AhGod Wordz AhGod Wordz AhGod Wordz AhGod Wordz AhGod Wordz AhGod Wordz AhGod Wordz AhGod Wordz AhGod Wordz AhGod Wordz AhGod

I'm not here to mince words, just here to make this bitch lose
you won't need a replacement.. my uppercuts will raise his kids too.
I'll see em' at the office, make em sleep when I empty the tank
he'll hear a "CLAP CLAP".. n get lifted out his seat like he's expecting a prank.
I'm here out of boredom, he thinks he'll get clout n some glory
signed up to get molested n victimized, those initials became his origin story.
I mush rappers on tracks, anything from this bum is forced
Getting too old to run circles. I'll cut off ur legs n let the blood run its course.
MV got me acting like an old-school villain, s'why he's knowing he's dead
I be like "why aorta".. then I squeeze and stop the oxygen going to his head.
My aim is well known.. your lying if you say your floss higher
God'll bury you head first, arms out.. the execution'll be a crossfire.
we have shit in common tho, we both fuck ur girl but I give her pleasure
says she likes urs cos the big ones hurt..
..now ur in the bathroom taking desperate measures.

sorry, went 14.
Old 04-27-2023, 09:44 PM   #6
Wordz AhGod
カミノコトバ

no ext. show up on time or sign out bruh.
Old 04-28-2023, 07:42 AM   #7
Zuo
Sidearms

Words Ahgod Wins via NS, OPEN FOR FEED
Old 04-28-2023, 08:26 AM   #8
Pepino

Pepino Pepino Pepino Pepino Pepino Pepino Pepino Pepino Pepino Pepino Pepino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordz AhGod View Post
no ext. show up on time or sign out bruh.
eat my dick
Old 04-28-2023, 08:45 AM   #9
Pharaohs Army
Banned

Battle Record: 6 - 14

Pharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant future
Default ~

Quote:
Let's all notice that "mince words" is a near vowel/syllable match w/ "bitch lose" & "kids too"...Still trying to figure out the uppercuts wordplay but it Sounds cool?
he'll hear a "CLAP CLAP".. n get lifted out his seat like he's expecting a prank
pretty cool phonetically, and, while the closing simile seems to "take a little sting" out of the initial onomonopia of gunfire, it's not a bad play; just perhaps a little stretched out on the thought process. I donno? Don't love but don't hate either
Youch. I think this is real strong...can relate to the opening phrase, decent 4 syll rhyme (altho it's not supercomplex)...That's ok, it hits and could hurt.
Getting too old to run circles. I'll cut off ur legs n let the blood run its course.
Decent violence flip...would have loved a little fancy 'internal' with "mush rappers on tracks?" Just asking.
At this point I'll let other voters and the rest of the site decide if this is a good wordplay or kinda corny and flat...Personally I'm in the middle
Sounds good and another violence wordplay flip. I mean that's kinda what battles are so I got no problem seeing another one here.
LOTB for me. Only half a bar I don't need to see a lame rhyme-finish payoff...This is harsh and effective...I'm sure this concept has been used in history but Wordz worded it here then followed by continuing the pleasure/size joke:

sorry, went 14.
Solid stuff man. Apparently you still got it.
A few FIRE in there as well...though I believe if you keep honing you could punch out even better...might have been 1 or 2 in there that were avg/meh.
Just a personal note, I always grant the 24 hr ext...PPl have families, kids, jobs, yeah it's only 14 lines but you know? Having a battle is better than NOT having a batttle. For the culture. Still your choice, Wordz on exceptions. But I'd argue my side.
Regarding your 2011 Track w/ Celph...epic/legendary, man. Too bad it was 12 years ago and now you hate on my epic Wise cover (which I doubt any textcee could match)...

Anyway, hope you get a full battle if you're in next week (3).
~
Old 04-28-2023, 08:45 AM   #10
Diablo
Badgerdick

Battle Record: 11-2

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Diablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant future

Opener was fire here I thought, great idea conceptually and worded tough. I didn’t get the prank one so I apologise if I missed something there but I’m going to gloss over that one. Origin story was worded really well I thought, blood run it’s course was another fire concept to me. Why aorta was real nice too, fresh as fuck to me as I’ve never seen that done before prior to this, love that creativity though for real. Shame you got noshowed here and some of those concepts went to waste because you turned up for this one. Wordz is nice with it, no doubt, looks like he’s a problem.
Old 04-28-2023, 02:15 PM   #11
Wordz AhGod
カミノコトバ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablo View Post
Opener was fire here I thought, great idea conceptually and worded tough. I didn’t get the prank one so I apologise if I missed something there but I’m going to gloss over that one. Origin story was worded really well I thought, blood run it’s course was another fire concept to me. Why aorta was real nice too, fresh as fuck to me as I’ve never seen that done before prior to this, love that creativity though for real. Shame you got noshowed here and some of those concepts went to waste because you turned up for this one. Wordz is nice with it, no doubt, looks like he’s a problem.
Appreciate it, the clap clap line was in reference to a prank people play on dudes at the office when they fall asleep. People clap and they jump up to clap too. The “molested and victimized” line was a play on his original name “MV”. Hope that clarifies some stuff.
Old 04-28-2023, 03:36 PM   #12
Master Rock
Steadily Lurking

Battle Record: 7-7

Champed
- Netcees Writers League

Master Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant future

This line alone floored me..."Getting too old to run circles. I'll cut off ur legs n let the blood run its course." Fire for days!!!

https://www.instagram.com/master_rock1/
https://www.youtube.com/graphicalmindz
Old 04-28-2023, 03:52 PM   #13
Barcotic
Needs no introduction

Battle Record: 29-31

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- Survivor Tournament
- Pros vs. Joes
- Key Grand Prix
- Fight Night XX
- NBL Tag Team
- NBL Picture League
- Battle Arena
- Battle Arena Pics
- BA Tag Team (2x)
- 1-2 Punch League (2x)
- BAL Battle Royale
- NPL Roast

Barcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant future

Quote:
This is fucking gold
Like really good

Stay doing that

Not a bad flip on the old uppercut concept as well. You made it appealing again
Good shit. Shitty you were no showed
Im expecting the same :(
Old 04-28-2023, 10:02 PM   #14
Ryno
Retired

Battle Record: 12-10

Ryno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant future

Opener
Clap clap
Run it’s course

Those were my standouts. Cool verse overall. I’m sure we’ll cross paths at some point.
Old 04-29-2023, 01:05 AM   #15
Zuo
Sidearms

nice I liked this
he'll hear a "CLAP CLAP".. n get lifted out his seat like he's expecting a prank.
nah didn’t like this
nah
this is dope, good shit
lmaooo I’m dead. Cool bar lmao
decent I think
lol funny, quirky little closer. Solid

Shame you got no showed forreal, I thought MV would show up but I guess not. It’s all good though. This verse was dope overall, I never really read anything from you but I knew you battled a lot back on RB. Keep bringing this type of heat and I see you champing this shit tbh. Props
Closed Thread