Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 12:12 AM   #521
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oats View Post
I think someone (or a group of people) should write The History of Text. There's gotta be thousands of people who would relate to that nostalgia, especially after 8 Mile.
@trap

But yeah, that would be one hell of an e-book or Vanity Fair article.

I still remember the enormity of Fracture's dominance when he first came to RapMusic. He went like 19-0 in the RBL and 9-0 in the RSTL. I want to say he lost in the RSTL first, then Island came around in the RBL.
Old 01-17-2014, 12:12 AM   #522
Pent uP
Robin Williams of Fallen Victims

Battle Record: 25-11

Accomplishments
- NC Hall of Fame

Champed
- Netcees Writers League (2x)
- NWL Season 1
- Write Night I
- Art of Writing League (2x)
- Write Week IV

Pent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by oats View Post
I think someone (or a group of people) should write The History of Text. There's gotta be thousands of people who would relate to that nostalgia, especially after 8 Mile.
@RichardCorey
Old 01-17-2014, 12:16 AM   #523
oats
Steel Cut

Battle Record: 19-10

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night LXXXIV
- Art of Writing League

oats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant future

I remember when people tried to invade other sites by flocking to another site as a group, registering, and calling out everybody. that shit was so fun.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:02 AM   #524
Neal Rigga

Neal Rigga is an unknown quantity at this point

Sup

How can you forget Answer,Orc,Tayg,Odium,Pr0blem,Phroxen though?
Old 01-17-2014, 05:04 AM   #525
Neal Rigga

nevermind,saw Orcs name.

Anyone here from sixhshot,siccinc and ez and yuku boards?
Old 01-17-2014, 08:16 AM   #526
MMLRLK
Your Pusherman

MMLRLK is on a distinguished road

what happened to dudes like duty & hawk on HHA?

http://forums.hiphopave.net/

i think they were all longbar heads tho with fancy text formatting n shit

'You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine.'
Old 01-17-2014, 08:18 AM   #527
namix
been that, done there.

Battle Record: 2-1

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

namix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certain View Post
@trap

But yeah, that would be one hell of an e-book or Vanity Fair article.

I still remember the enormity of Fracture's dominance when he first came to RapMusic. He went like 19-0 in the RBL and 9-0 in the RSTL. I want to say he lost in the RSTL first, then Island came around in the RBL.
Wait are you saying Island was Frac?? it's sad if it took me a decade to figure that out since we were in a two man crew around that time (which just did random discussion board disses pretty much lol)

i thought Island was a combo of Aura + Username or something, no?
Old 01-17-2014, 08:20 AM   #528
Chaos
2Chinz <3 Splice

Chaos is an unknown quantity at this point

island definately had some aloe bars to his shit
Old 01-17-2014, 08:21 AM   #529
namix
been that, done there.

Battle Record: 2-1

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

namix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
island definately had some aloe bars to his shit
ahh word i always screwed up aloe + aura for some reason

yea i thought it was aloe+username
Old 01-17-2014, 08:49 AM   #530
Lars
PROVEN BITER

Battle Record: 5-0

Champed
- The Winter Topical

Lars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant future

Quote:
Also, Diode, I think I was at RapBoard very early on in my text career. Wasn't YEROC the owner?
lmao i forget the owner but was that the board with the yellow/black looking preset skin?

it was biter central in the text battle area over there, even worse than sylems board

roflzzz
Old 01-17-2014, 08:50 AM   #531
Lars
PROVEN BITER

Champed
- The Winter Topical

Lars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant futureLars has a brilliant future

Quote:
Also, if you remember Flux/Revenant, I think I might have been able to convince him to come here.
Flux did stop writing after his grandfather passed, i've only seen him sporadically since then, and only seen him drop one new(er) piece

i think he's almost done with text tbh
Old 01-17-2014, 08:56 AM   #532
Lars
PROVEN BITER

Champed
- The Winter Topical

The E (online) true Hollywood Story: The forum formerly known as Rapbattle.com

With so much hearsay when people recall back as to how/and when the inception of Rapbattle(s).com occurred. I figured I, Mr. Anonymous should clear the air once and for all. Let's begin with a timeline, and slowly integrate into the true history of this site:

August 2000 - Subtrek launches Rapbattles.com

Septemeber 2000 - Shadow purchases the domain name "Rapbattle.com" and immediately makes the transition from his "f2s" (free2serve) UBB forum "Lethal Lyricizts" to Rapbattles.com - Although Rapbattle & Rapbattles were similar in domain origin, the actual development/and user base encompassing both communities varied completely.

Through some odd coincidence, week(s) after the launch of a competing Rapbattle.com site/forum, Mike (Shadow) & Jake (Subtrek), form a friendship. Although initial ill will for one another occurred, it quickly spawned into a little competing love/hate relationship.

*Fast Forward a year plus down the line*

Both communities are still at it, going neck and neck. However Jake (Subtrek), is completely disenchanted with the turnout of Rapbattles. He is currently making beats and enlisting them on MP3.com for revenue. Through the spamming of his beats on various communities, he has a nice little chunk of money earned. With this new found revenue generator, beat making - In addition to a generalized hatred for the Rapbattles.com members, he decides to contact long time buddy Mike (Shadow) in efforts of selling the community to him. Rapbattles, at the time was 900 members strong. While Rapbattle.com nearly double in member count. Shadow agreed to the acquisition terms, and purchased the community immediately thereafter Jake's resignation/sale.

*New Era: The combining of communities*

When I last left off; Shadow had purchased the Rapbattles.com community. After a few days of maintaining both - Rapbattle.com & Rapbattles.com - It became very overwhelming. Shadow, at the time, favored Rapbattle over his latest venture. After all, he had started Rapbattle from the ground up. Thus, he did not want to allow someone else to run Rapbattle.com - So, he decided to appoint a new admin for the Rapbattles.com community. The appointed admin was Andrew Bareknuckles, Luciano at the time. Mike (Shadow) has known Andrew from his earlier textcee (1999) days on Network 54 forums. Thus had the utmost trust and confidence in Luciano running the community. After a month or two, Rapbattles.com just became a hassle to run. Additionally - It was a complete waste of effort to grow each one individually, when you can grow as one and form one of the largest rap communities online. With this in mind, Mike redirected the domain name Rapbattles.com to Rapbattle.com. Tension immediately arose, between the two budding communities. Eventually it died off and the forum had maintained some unity. However this wasn't the only thing to die off - Mike/Shadow's passion to running the site slowly descended, as did with his counterpart Jake, just 8 months prior.

*New Era: The split*

Mind you, although a bit wack - Due to it's long stemmed roots (online), Rapbattle.com slowly emerged as one of better text battle boards. As must of the members had time to grow over the years with the forum. However, with Shadow's disinterest in the forum, he slowly developed an animosity issue. He figured if he could somehow, run the forum with an iron fist - He could possibly regain interest. After various attempts, the straw that broke the Camel's back occurred - Mike (Shadow) banned, at the time, short-time member Jay Krupp. Outraged by his careless banning techniques, and argumentative banter, a number of the forum vets (the best at on the site at the time), finally took a stance against Shadow & left the community. Although, this was one of the many turbulence that effected the overall quality of the forum. Rapbattle.com still strived on - The popularity and notoriety of the site could not be deterred by scorn members who left the site. It continued in growth, and after reaching a milestone in it's self. Rapbattle.com reached 9000+ members, and over 500,000 posts.

*The crash*

Rapbattle.com strong as ever -- hit it's new low, a complete forum meltdown. All and everything Shadow worked for had slowly went up in flames (Karma?) . All members and all posts were lost. The entire community vanquished.

*Rapbattles.com: Resurrection *

Shadow, furious, yet with some glimmer of hope - Decides to rebuild what was destroyed. This time however he decides to devote his once lost interest in another direction - A direction of which involved a complete site turnaround. Rather than rapbattles.com point to rapbattle.com - Rapbattle.com instead pointed to rapbattles.com. The site starts off slow, however begins to get back it's userbase. It yet again grows past - 9000 members. However, as history will do, it repeated itself yet again for Shadow. He began his iron fist tactics, and slowly started to form more hatred for the site. His decision was to allow - Luciano, Rapbattles.com run the site on his own. As Shadow pursued other endeavors. Eventually - Luciano became a bit overwhelmed with a community of this size. After a suggestion brought on by Luciano, and some consulting with one another - Luciano appointed RB's fourth Admin in History - Kris, aka Syntax Mastery. A very dope emcee, who had the respect of many of his peers.

*Rapbattles.com: The untimely death*

Syntax (Kris) & Luciano (Andrew) continued to run the forum, as Shadow (Mike) sat on the sidelines pursuing other areas. After running the community as well as anyone could (two amazing admins, best in RB history) for months? If not over a year - Shadow, out of nowhere, underhandedly sold the forum to another Mike (also known as Alldig). AllDig had no direct interest in the community nor even visited the community once, however took on the venture - After realizing it's potential in growth was enormous. He found the community posted up for sale via the webmaster forum GeekVillage. After his purchase, he de-adminned Luciano/Barknuckle as well as Syntax....

Well, that's it. Of course I left off much detail - But all in all, this is the history of RB. All contributed to by four people - Jake, Mike, Andrew, and Kris. And a never dying community of Internet emcees - Making this one of the best forums online. Who knows the future - This site has endured so much, I wouldn't be surprised if this site goes through 10 more ownership changes - And people claiming they're vets since 2006. It's cool though, as long as this shit is kept alive.

Nonetheless take this thread for what you will.

Sincerely signed,
Rapbattle(s) scientist, and full-time Shadow dickrider.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:17 AM   #533
StarFaggot
Leave you flatlined.

Battle Record: 12-9

Champed
- Site Diss 2013
- Tag Team Tournament III

StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMLRLK View Post

I gave Duty that work. I was considered the best at the Ave after winning the battle league.

Duty was dope, Hawk too, both possibly top 50 but they don't post here.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:19 AM   #534
StarFaggot
Leave you flatlined.

Champed
- Site Diss 2013

StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Rigga View Post
Sup

How can you forget Answer,Orc,Tayg,Odium,Pr0blem,Phroxen though?
Answer was dope. He has a Battle on YouTube which was cool though he choked a bit
Old 01-17-2014, 09:22 AM   #535
Strikta
39 NS, lost in votes once

Battle Record: 32-40

Champed
- Time to Kill X
- Write Week III

Strikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant future

Nobody gives a fuck about that piece of shit site @Lars
Old 01-17-2014, 09:23 AM   #536
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

I do :(

Old 01-17-2014, 09:27 AM   #537
Mael
Almighty

Battle Record: 2-3

Mael has a brilliant futureMael has a brilliant futureMael has a brilliant futureMael has a brilliant futureMael has a brilliant futureMael has a brilliant futureMael has a brilliant futureMael has a brilliant futureMael has a brilliant futureMael has a brilliant futureMael has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strikta View Post
Nobody gives a fuck about that piece of shit site
Old 01-17-2014, 09:27 AM   #538
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witty View Post
I do :(

Old 01-17-2014, 09:29 AM   #539
Neal Rigga

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMLRLK View Post

Hahahah fuck man,I remember Duty. I remember doing a text collab with him- "The infernal distortion". It was me,duty and chizzle/blaze.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:50 AM   #540
StarFaggot
Leave you flatlined.

Champed
- Site Diss 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strikta View Post
Nobody gives a fuck about that piece of shit site @Lars
This thread is only for Top 50 of all time.

Please don't post in here again we appreciate your cooperation.

Tags
aero known internet wide, aero not top 200, aero top 5, bags = bipolar, bib baby hurt me -dan, big baby kamehameha, bigbabyhasdownsyndrome, cam'ron's multies>neigh's, dick head dradel spin, did we ever roast gow????, glass ceiling of emotion- s8, god of war is white, i'm admin i can post tags, im sobbing- split8, just a shell of my former reed, lol aero def himself in tags, meerkat vaginal discharge, none even knos aero on rb, only the gays, op unqualified as fuck, r u on uppas ma?, real men lick ballsacks, this is red? what is orange?, totoro the forest spirit, zyg is wack