oats
Steel Cut

Battle Record: 19-10

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night LXXXIV
- Art of Writing League

oats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant future

Lots of butchered science going on in this thread. But don't let that stop you, please, grab that bong and keep going.
oats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:33 PM   #42
Boredom
Been On One

Battle Record: 26-28

Champed
- Newbie Tournament IV

Boredom has a brilliant futureBoredom has a brilliant futureBoredom has a brilliant futureBoredom has a brilliant futureBoredom has a brilliant futureBoredom has a brilliant futureBoredom has a brilliant futureBoredom has a brilliant futureBoredom has a brilliant futureBoredom has a brilliant futureBoredom has a brilliant future

lmao
Boredom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:49 PM   #43
Chyeahhh!!!
Saul Paul

Battle Record: 16-26

Chyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant future
Default he speaks....

Quote:
Originally Posted by oats View Post
Lots of butchered science going on in this thread. But don't let that stop you, please, grab that bong and keep going.
by all means contribute Oatmeal

I know the ledge, his sister's a jumpoff
Chyeahhh!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:19 PM   #44
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

I've never seen someone so unaware and confident simultaneously as namix. He's condescending and ignorant. One of the worst type of people.
And the ditch in the back road stop
Could you find me?
PancakeBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:38 PM   #45
oats
Steel Cut

Battle Record: 19-10

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night LXXXIV
- Art of Writing League

oats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant future

On my phone and at the airport, but you guys should revisit Heisenburg's Uncertainty Principle, law vs. theory (and the process it takes to move from the latter to the former), as well as the limitations of entanglement (speed, mass, etc). That's just the stuff I recall at the moment.
oats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:38 PM   #46
dead man
living

Battle Record: 33-18

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- AOWL Season 1
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 4
- Write Week V
- GWL Season 1

dead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant future

sounds like namix was trying to start a phenomenological discussion of some sort. its a school of thought that criticizes the entire field of natural sciences as they stand.. not invalid but unpopular in many circles im sure..

idk about this thread its too much weirdness in here already. give people an opportunity to flex what theyve learned on stoned google voyages and boom you have 3 pages
Old 06-07-2013, 06:55 PM   #47
namix
been that, done there.

Battle Record: 2-1

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

namix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Split View Post
Yeah man, no offense, I'm pretty sure you have no idea what you're talking about. you can't just extrapolate circumstantial evidence into philosophical claims like that.

and life mirrors science mirrors thought because they're all interconnected by the same middleground, but you can't zip up their separate 'frameworks' with the infinitesimal amount of 'fabric' we have now.

I agree with you about the fractal-like relationships from the smallest to the largest levels of existence.

but yo I don't think anyone's looking for "answers" by looking for smaller and smaller particles, but they do find some 'answers' every step down the rabbithole they go. they just have a lesser and lesser individual relevance to our world
totally agree, to the point i'm not even sure where you think we disagree? when you boil it down, the scientific method is not so dissimilar from the philosophical method.

honestly, grasping the fractal relationship above and below is all that's need for literally every other answer to be reached. it's why we cellular mitosis works the way it does, it's why we create in our image in our offspring when we pass on our genes, and it's why we create in our image in every creative moment, invention, computer and machine.

But of course they are looking for answers bro - that is the goal of any question, and the very concept of science (just as philosophy) stemmed from the desire to answer questions in a methodical way.

again though - that fractal relationship is the key, and everything else in between is typically miscommunication.

but word, interested in where in particular you think we are in disagreement?
Old 06-07-2013, 06:58 PM   #48
Nigma
The COAT...

Battle Record: 28-20

Champed
- Art of Writing League (x3)

Nigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...the Munster View Post
but for real, what of cancer is literally colonies in your body that figured out how to survive forever/leave their galaxy etc lol?

like they became so smart, they're tryna do something now, inside you, and don't realize they're killing you in their efforts

or they somehow blow themselves up inside you
Also cancer is literally rapidly growing cells, which directly correlates to the overpopulation issues we're having. Our race is literally a cancer in the universe. Cells which manifest into properties beyond most cells, go void, rapidly produce, die off, and begin a new cycle. A verse topical I'm going to write is actually about this very topic. Comparing it at three levels, from the micro cell, to the mid plain of consciousness, us, and the macro, being the galactic pattern of life. It's like a fractal you can follow and trace back from the biggest conceivable concept of space down to smallest form of matter we have the capability of seeing.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:58 PM   #49
namix
been that, done there.

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

namix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakecakecake View Post
I've never seen someone so unaware and confident simultaneously as namix. He's condescending and ignorant. One of the worst type of people.
DEFINITELY wasnt trying to be condescending, not sure how i was?

Split - seriously, if i was 'condescending', definitely apologize, wasn't trying to be in the least.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:02 PM   #50
namix
been that, done there.

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead man View Post
sounds like namix was trying to start a phenomenological discussion of some sort. its a school of thought that criticizes the entire field of natural sciences as they stand.. not invalid but unpopular in many circles im sure..

idk about this thread its too much weirdness in here already. give people an opportunity to flex what theyve learned on stoned google voyages and boom you have 3 pages
word up, was just trying to throw another angle out there.

honestly my worldview is super simple, pretty much every field and mode of thought is just trying to explain the same shit from a different angle, and they all pretty much lead to the same place in the end if you keep asking "why" long enough.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:03 PM   #51
Nigma
The COAT...

Champed

Nigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by namix View Post
word up, was just trying to throw another angle out there.

honestly my worldview is super simple, pretty much every field and mode of thought is just trying to explain the same shit from a different angle, and they all pretty much lead to the same place in the end if you keep asking "why" long enough.
I've been reading into causality a lot these last few years. It's literally a paradigm shifting realization tbh
Old 06-07-2013, 07:12 PM   #52
namix
been that, done there.

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigma View Post
I've been reading into causality a lot these last few years. It's literally a paradigm shifting realization tbh
yea bro... i went off the deep end by pretty much everyone's standards, which is why most people which have a similar realization pendulum swing back and/or don't talk about it and/or go any further.

hey, at a minimum, that realization made me very effective at a job that requires predicting trends, tracking online buyer behavior, navigating everyone online to a conversion they believe they are making themselves, and predicting the trends all over again lol
Old 06-07-2013, 07:13 PM   #53
Split

Battle Record: 27-22

Split has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
what's that

also on the topic of looking for answers. if there's a box in front of me, I might think "what's in there" then open it. Inside is a smaller box. I might wonder about that box, then open it. Smaller box. open that. keeps going and going and going

eventually ive placed the question aside and have just begun opening boxes until there aren't anymore

But my question is still valid, though
Old 06-07-2013, 07:16 PM   #54
Nigma
The COAT...

Champed

@Split Go look up a youtube vid or documentary on causality, one does not simply explain it in one message.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:18 PM   #55
Nigma
The COAT...

Champed

Quote:
Originally Posted by namix View Post
yea bro... i went off the deep end by pretty much everyone's standards, which is why most people which have a similar realization pendulum swing back and/or don't talk about it and/or go any further.

hey, at a minimum, that realization made me very effective at a job that requires predicting trends, tracking online buyer behavior, navigating everyone online to a conversion they believe they are making themselves, and predicting the trends all over again lol
Having an outdoor job and watching the formation of clouds has given me an excellent nose for weather prediction. It does have it's random and sporadic advantages, may as well try to enjoy them.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:51 PM   #56
Split

Battle Record: 27-22

Split has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
@Split Go look up a youtube vid or documentary on causality, one does not simply explain it in one message.
I know what causality is, how was it a paradigm shifting realization for you, or what did you mean by that
Old 06-07-2013, 07:54 PM   #57
Nigma
The COAT...

Champed

Quote:
I know what causality is, how was it a paradigm shifting realization for you, or what did you mean by that
For me in particular, it was fascinating in terms of the medical field and the nature of illness. That's one way in particular that stands out
Old 06-07-2013, 11:23 PM   #58
Dr Expert

Dr Expert is on a distinguished road

I have had much discussion on this very area with my work colleagues. There is such a unanimous decision within the scientific community and overseas expatriates. Listen if you can understand and follow, then very well.
- while some people cannot understand these concepts such as the space time continuum and the other world metaphysical theory, for some obvious reasons I am happy to assist.
- Science is manmade – as in it is made by men, following from this thesis we find that man are in fact men…
- And what is a man if nothing but just flesh and blood and connections of neurones? Flesh and blood contains polarity and magnetism (your amino acids and essential haemoglobins) remember these are PHYSICAL and CONCRETE properties...
- How can flesh and blood equate to truth? It does not equate truth because truth is not a concrete PROPERTY but rather a metaphysical CONCEPT.
- Therefore science is based on OUTside assumptions/the thoughts of physical men. Science should never be REGARDED as based on EVIDENCE rather than the PEOPLE (flesh and blood, neurones and amino acids) who OBSERVE the evidence.
- Therefore science is INcorrect and should be DISregarded at all junctures.
Although in conclusion: as we move towards the philosophical DUALITY of thought-science-technology we find more and more of these so called QUANTUM quandaries. Things are happening “faster” but at the same “time” our knowledge of the SELF is “stagnating”.
Dr Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:26 AM   #59
namix
been that, done there.

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Quote:
Having an outdoor job and watching the formation of clouds has given me an excellent nose for weather prediction. It does have it's random and sporadic advantages, may as well try to enjoy them.
Definitely! What's "neat" about predictive modeling, is that it can start from and within any subject matter and speak in the unique language that individual needs to hear it in --- then as they come to understand it, they can truly see those same patterns in all things.

You have an outdoor job, i'm locked behind a computer screen or in boardrooms. You could see the patterns in the clouds and how it translates to weather --- vs. marketing trends translating to cost efficiency/buyer behavior.... always anomalies will always happen, to your point - but to the degree that even 'anomalies' can be trended.... sometimes people forget their are literally statistical measures to 'predict anomalies' anyway, it takes that to 'predict' anything more accurately!

And at some juncture, the patterns truly all relate. I wouldnt be surprised if there is some sort of correlation between weather patterns AND marketing trends and economies lol, it's all connected :)

good shit man
Old 06-08-2013, 11:28 AM   #60
namix
been that, done there.

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Quote:
what's that

also on the topic of looking for answers. if there's a box in front of me, I might think "what's in there" then open it. Inside is a smaller box. I might wonder about that box, then open it. Smaller box. open that. keeps going and going and going

eventually ive placed the question aside and have just begun opening boxes until there aren't anymore

But my question is still valid, though
don't disagree at all man, still not sure where you think we were in disagreement.

how many smaller boxes would you need to see before believing they were infinite? and if you believed they were infinite, would you keep looking for them?