Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board

User Tag List

Old 07-20-2018, 07:59 PM   #241
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

So I do have it....and like 8 other books mostly about the economy....other one that talks about race is the politics of economy on race
Ghost1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 08:00 PM   #242
Ghost1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

I know man ur excited about it

U know u could e read it by now right? Lol
Old 07-20-2018, 08:14 PM   #243
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

im like halfway into it

these books bore me man i don't know how you do it. i also actually read them though. stuff i listen to doesn't stick with me the same, mainly because i listen to stuff while im doing other shit, so i stick to just comedy podcasts and radio for that to be amused doing BUSY WORK

but since i first was hearing about him i was watching a bunch of youtube video interviews and shit. watching him body people over the past 50 years and spouting the same shit that is exactly relevant today, that people continue to ignore.

but im also biased because he's a free market economist, but add that into the fact he dissects the liberal ideologies i despise and i get a boner yahmsayin
Old 07-20-2018, 08:25 PM   #244
Ghost1

Obv...lol

But um that entire list isn't audio at all.....maybe like 2/3 but yea I can only do it when I'm doing mindless shit at work.....if I have to think at all I lose my place in the book

My mind wanders when I read a physical book too tho

It takes me longer to read physical only just cuz I don't have 40hrs a week to just sit in front of a book like I can w the audio

I do read at night tho and on the weekends

As far as shit being boring I guess it depends what ur reading or who ur reading......that blackmon book got boring towards the end because I only really needed like one anecdote of poor soave conditions an he has like 50....plus alot of times it feels like the book is done within the first hundred pages then they just explain it to death so I feel u

Politics is something I'm like moderately interested in...... theology is more exciting to me but even that shit gets tiresome back to back so I just try to mix it up....I haven't actually read fiction in forever tho...can't get in the mood to just read a fuckin story like fuck u I wanna read some story shit some fagot made up NAH I'm gucci
Old 07-20-2018, 11:05 PM   #245
Vulgar
Razor-thin derision

Battle Record: 40-25

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Champed
- Fight Night LIV
- Gimmick Battle League (2x)
- Write Week II
- Art of Writing League
- Storytelling And Topical Invitational Tournament
- STI
- Haiku Writer Challenge
- GWL Picture Challenge(2x)

Vulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant future

I had to read two books for work. I help organize web content and post it on a website.

The book: Rewriting Network News: Wordwatching Tips from 345 TV and Radio Scripts by Mervin Block. "Merv Block collects 345 network scripts that feature problems in grammar, news judgment, broadcast style, and storytelling, not to spotlight sinners, but sins that can be remedied."

It was fairly boring but there are some gems about writing better and more concisely from someone who is used to writing for the public's eyes and ears. He critiques each script and offers suggestions on how to improve it and also has commandments everyone should obey -- useful for the real world. He jokes a lot and uses puns/wordplay which a Netcee'er might get a kick out of. It was OK but not for recreational reading.
Vulgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 01:27 PM   #246
Ghost1

Didn't u say u read shock doctrine recently? How was that?

An uh oh lol this guy's cool........seems like a pretty complex route to take to arrive at the idea that blacks are stupid, lazy, violent animals that had these learned tendencies exacerbated by the welfare state...........but I'm digging the book so far....I was aware that this is basically the rights position on welfare but it's cool to hear him go into it w so much detail

I think my guy Noam Chomsky might body him but noams more focused on foreign policy

I saw he actually called Noam out in his book about intellectuals saying that he should just stay in his lane w respect to his work on linguistics and stfu about politics lol I guess Noam ain't want that smoke.
Old 07-23-2018, 06:24 PM   #247
Ghost1

Lol how far r u thru this book uh oh? I'm like halfway thru

Basically he has said.....southern blacks are ghetto scumbags and the welfare state perpetuated it and that western Civilization was responsible for ending slavery and did so on a moral basis...... Which ok he offers compelling argument for this....but he doesn't address the rampant forced labor that continued post civil war aside from saying get over it slavery existed every where

I mean cool I guess.... I didn't really need to read this incredibly dry 400pg book to hear an Uncle Tom say the same shit that Kanye west said in 11min during a bipolar manic episode LMAO

He goes into good detail about slavery but only to say that black american slaves should STFU cuz they're not unique lol

I enjoyed his argument against the welfare state more but even that is just him philosophizing on past socioeconomic data and drawing conclusions to fit his narrative..... It's good tho....like I said this section was interesting

I'm gonna finish it in the next couple days I guess I'm just blown away that these r really the right wings legitimate positions tho........ Blacks r pieces of shit because they worship ghetto culture and we don't give a fuck that u were slaves....so was everyone else lmao.
Old 07-23-2018, 06:48 PM   #248
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

he isn't a part of the right wing. at least he doesn't label himself a republican outright, he's mainly libertarian but even that he doesn't agree with 100 percent. he was super marxist/left leaning in his youth but changed after getting a government job and realizing how inept it was and through actual life experience

but all that is beside the point

you are reading this how i read the ta neheesi coates or whatever that faggots name is book though. you want to disagree and vilify his arguments, because i got none of what you got from it and i'm around halfway in but barely reading it. like its been a span of over a month for me to get halfway into it lol

but what i was getting from it is how the north viewed southerners in general, and how whites weren't assigned the southern culture in the way black southerners were. like white people would be looked down upon as backwards and uncivil by northern standards, and thus have to adapt and change to be accepted by the northern/leftist culture, where those same northerners would make excuses for and assign that culture to black people. its basically the northerners racism, viewing blacks from the south in a negative light and treating them different from whites in the south, which allowed that culture, which isn't the culture of actual black people to propagate in the communities of blacks that would settle up north, further distancing them from that northern white "civilized" culture or whatever.

then when you look at it with all the shit thats gone on its been further reinforced through social policies from both sides, whether it was outright racist like zoning laws enforcing where they could live in inner cities, to racist shit that is supposed to help them like minimum wage and the welfare state etc. it all plays a part

its an enormously complex issue and this is just one aspect of it

but word its not his narrative as much as THE narrative.

its not the rights position that blacks are pieces of shit and worship ghetto culture that is being put across, its that that is literally the LEFTS position. blacks are incapable of helping themselves, slavery ruined them, they need preferential treatment etc, basically enforcing the narrative of victimhood, which is racist and holds them back.

Last edited by uh-oh; 07-23-2018 at 07:38 PM.
uh-oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 08:46 PM   #249
Ghost1

Right....that entire long portion u wrote out about north vs south is the part I enjoyed....but it can be summed up as southern blacks worshipped redneck European culture and it evolved into black american ghetto culture

And word....this isn't my first time encountering the idea that welfare doesn't help them because they get comfortable with not having to do shit

I get what he's saying....we reading the same book lol

I agree tho it's incredibly complex ....I guess I feel like he's taking a pretty hard polar stance here.....and it's more likely somewhere in the middle

Like I said tho I dig it...I needed a more intelligent right wing perspective.........even if he is libertarian I know republicans agree w his stance on the topics he's discussed so far
Old 07-23-2018, 08:51 PM   #250
Ghost1

Oh an to ur last comment...... both sides think they're helpless pieces of shit......now we're just trying to determine how to help them....giving them help or telling them to help themselves

Just settle down u fuckin ape

I GET IT

Gimme some more conservative books tho ?
Old 07-27-2018, 10:09 AM   #251
Ghost1

1. The five people you meet in heaven by Mitch Albom (2/5)
2. Grimnoir chronicles hard magic by Larry Correia (4/5)
3. Who rules the world by Noam Chomsky (5/5)
4. Nudge by Richard H. Thaler (4/5)
5. Americas bitter pill by Steven Brill (4/5)
6. Made to stick by Chip & Dan Heath (3/5)
7. Confessions by St. Augustine (5/5)
8. 12 Rules For Life: An Antidote to Chaos by Jordan B Peterson (5/5)
9. Maps of meaning 2017 lecuture series by Jordan B Peterson (5/5)
10. why we sleep by Matthew Walker (5/5)
11. Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert B. Cialdini (4/5)
12. Media Control, Second Edition: The Spectacular Achievements of Propaganda by Noam Chomsky (3/5)
13. Manufacturing Consent: The Political Economy of the Mass Media by Edward S. Herman & Noam Chomsky (3/5)
14. Bad Samaritans: The Myth of Free Trade and the Secret History of Capitalism by Ha-Joon Chang (3/5)
15. Mcdonaldization of society (6th edition) by George Ritzer (5/5)
16. The Lexus and the Olive Tree by Thomas L. Friedman (5/5)
17. Columbine by Dave Cullen (3/5)
18. The Vanishing American Adult: Our Coming-of-Age Crisis--and How to (5/5)Rebuild a Culture of Self-Reliance by Ben Sasse
19. What is the bible by Rob Bell (2/5)
20. The case for faith by Lee Strobel (5/5)
21. The case for christ by Lee Strobel (4/5)
22. I dont have enough faith to be an athiest by Norman Geisler and Frank Turek (4/5)
23. Trumpocracy by David Frum (3/5)
24. Mere christianity by C.S. Lewis (4/5)
25. Tactics by Gregory Koukl (3/5)
26. Reasonable Faith by William Lane Craig (3/5)
27. The Collapse of Parenting by Leonard Sax (4/5)
28. The Case for Miracles by Lee Stroebel (4/5)
29. Psychological significance of biblical stories lecture series by Jordan Peterson (5/5)
30. Requiem for the American dream- Noam Chomsky (5/5)
31. The war of art by Steven Pressfield (5/5)
32. Antifragile: Things That Gain From Disorder by Nassim Nicholas Taleb (4/5)
33. Synchronicity: An Acausal Connecting Principle by C.G. Jung (5/5)
34. Slavery by Another Name: The Re-Enslavement of Black Americans from the Civil War to World War II by Douglas A. Blackmon (5/5)
35. Black Rednecks and White Liberals by Thomas Sowell (5/5)

he managed to sell me by the end. I mean I don't agree with his position 100% but he made a lot of really good points and obviously his historical research was phenomenal. I dug it.
Old 07-28-2018, 01:29 PM   #252
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

i don't know any other conservative authors honestly, i don't normally read this stuff or i'd recommend more. but if you want to torture yourself with more boring right leaning ideas he has a ton of other books, that like this beat a specific subject to death.

murray rothbard the anatomy of the state, read it and eventually join me in pseudo libertarianism
Old 07-28-2018, 01:36 PM   #253
Bishop

Battle Record: 2-1

Bishop has a brilliant futureBishop has a brilliant futureBishop has a brilliant futureBishop has a brilliant futureBishop has a brilliant futureBishop has a brilliant futureBishop has a brilliant futureBishop has a brilliant futureBishop has a brilliant futureBishop has a brilliant futureBishop has a brilliant future

lol ehhh i think i will be more of a left leaning moderate when its all said and done but perhaps not

an yea i got a handful of sowells books but i need a breather from him lol

I'm not even sure what the most interesting part of political issues is my favorite tho in order to narrow my reading choices.........racial inequality has been interesting and ive always been interested in health care....foreign affairs is ok but its kindve simple....America is an imperial death machine lol.......i was really digging sowells discussion on education....since I'm actually heading into that field maybe ill look into that a lot more.

environmental issues are cool too......i think the least interesting to me is trade....plus its kindve complex.....also this shit is tho
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 01:50 PM   #254
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

word. the anatomy of the state is short and succinct. its basically just laying out what "the state" is. how its not in the interest of its people, how its basically just an imperial death machine out for its own interests blah blah

basically the libertarian viewpoint that government is bad mmkay

scott hortons fools errand, time to end the war in afghanistan is pretty solid as well, but that obviously focuses on the war in afghanistan but its more focused on the military industrial complex and the powers that be that war for profit against the interests of the american people

libertarianism has been lumped with the right because they aren't for government. so they aren't for policies that "help" people because the government is inherently corrupt and not for the people. but since they don't want to grow government somehow they've been lumped in with the nazi right

but its really just about as little government interference into the lives of people as possible, personal freedoms etc
Old 08-07-2018, 03:55 PM   #255
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Battle Record: 19-8

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League Season 6

Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen

2018 Deloitte Millennial Survey

Interesting read.
Amen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 03:24 PM   #256
Jim Blaze

Jim Blaze has a brilliant futureJim Blaze has a brilliant futureJim Blaze has a brilliant futureJim Blaze has a brilliant futureJim Blaze has a brilliant futureJim Blaze has a brilliant futureJim Blaze has a brilliant futureJim Blaze has a brilliant futureJim Blaze has a brilliant futureJim Blaze has a brilliant futureJim Blaze has a brilliant future

12. Media Control, Second Edition: The Spectacular Achievements of Propaganda by Noam Chomsky (3/5)
13. Manufacturing Consent: The Political Economy of the Mass Media by Edward S. Herman & Noam Chomsky (3/5)
14. Bad Samaritans: The Myth of Free Trade and the Secret History of Capitalism by Ha-Joon Chang (3/5)
18. The Vanishing American Adult: Our Coming-of-Age Crisis--and How to (5/5)Rebuild a Culture of Self-Reliance by Ben Sasse
22. I dont have enough faith to be an athiest by Norman Geisler and Frank Turek (4/5)
29. Psychological significance of biblical stories lecture series by Jordan Peterson (5/5)
34. Slavery by Another Name: The Re-Enslavement of Black Americans from the Civil War to World War II by Douglas A. Blackmon (5/5)
36. Jesus of Nazareth by Pope Benedict XVI (5/5)
37. The Death of Truth: Notes on Falsehood in the Age of Trump by michiko kakutani (3/5)
38. Understanding Psychology 12E by Robert Feldman (4/5)

pope book was fire, theological stuff about Christ, the death of truth was cool but nothing incredibly new or groundbreaking just the basic function of the fake news tactic by trump is post modernist rhetoric that will ultimately lead to Nazi Germany reborn etc etc and they psych book is actually a text book for a 101 course...was pretty cool since its so modern and gives an over view of all the different fields and ideology of the most relevant theories and studies/.
Old 08-23-2018, 10:26 AM   #257
Ghost1

37. The Death of Truth: Notes on Falsehood in the Age of Trump by michiko kakutani (3/5)
39. Foundations by R.C Sproul (5/5)
40. Dead Sea Scrolls by Gary A. Rendsburg, The Great Courses (2/5)
41. What You Should Know About Politics but Dont by Jessamyn Conrad (5/5)

foundations is a lecture series about systematic Christian theology. straight fire. dead sea scrolls was a painfully boring historical lecture series about the contents of the dead sea scrolls found in 1947...mainly it discusses the Qumran community that is believed to have created the documents found. I gave it a 2 because the information was incredibly detailed....it was just dense and boring af....some cool stuff tho about the dead sea stone of gabrielle and the copper treasure scroll and how the scrolls were found and published into mainstream. the last political books gives an overview of a dozen or so popular points of political policy contentions and explains what the major party views are and why....loved that book really informative.
Not saying being drunk doesn’t mess up you reasoning. I’m turning 20 soon so I haven’t had a drink ever.
Old 09-02-2018, 03:15 PM   #258
wasim
The Conqueror

wasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant future

Currently reading One Thing by Gary Keller per suggestion from a friend. Haven't finished it yet but it's a very interesting look on how to be effective with yourself and your tasks/goals/career/life. He approaches ideas in a way that simplifies it.
wasim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 03:21 PM   #259
Pharaohs Army
Banned

Battle Record: 6 - 14

Pharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant future

Currently reading Arguably, a collection of essays and articles by Christopher Hitchens.
There are book reviews and biography reviews, but also some (at the time)current event articles about some parts of the Middle East (Afghanistan, Iran, etc.)
It's a tough read because some of it references things and authors I have no clue about, and the vocabulary is very advanced (I have to look up words on my phone constantly). But it's interesting enough to read (although I've been reading it slowly).
Pharaohs Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 04:28 PM   #260
Ghost1

39. Foundations by R.C Sproul (5/5)
40. Dead Sea Scrolls by Gary A. Rendsburg, The Great Courses (2/5)
41. What You Should Know About Politics but Dont by Jessamyn Conrad (5/5)
42. The Book that Made Your World: How the Bible Created the Soul of Western Civilization by Vishal Mangalwadi (5/5)
43. The Historical Jesus by Bart Ehrman (4/5)
44. The case for a creator by Lee Strobel (3/5)
45. The Shock Doctrine: The rise of disaster capitalism by Naomi Klein (5/5)
Not saying being drunk doesn’t mess up you reasoning. I’m turning 20 soon so I haven’t had a drink ever.

Tags
bags read how to be a father, ghost1 cringe itt, hooray for brains!, inno scared of bags itt, knowledge is power!, nerdcees