Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board

User Tag List

Old 01-16-2018, 07:45 PM   #1
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future
Default Let's talk; the death of a forum.

Good thing Bodied is about to come out, maybe we'll get a new influx of hype surrounding text. Maybe that's why people have started to come back, or check out different forums or whatever again as it sparks inspiration. But make no mistake, there might not be that much time until people lose interest again and we're back to where we was 6 months ago with maybe 2-3 new people staying around unless we're lucky and people keep posting here.

What I see is happening tho is the same shit that happened to a Norwegian forum 10 years ago. People getting a shitload of interest around winter because there's nothing else to do anyways, tourneys are popping and so on, then spring/summer comes along and the interest dies down a bit. Repeat this for 2 more years and the place is dead besides of the people that have been there since forever. Nowadays text and/or audio battling is dying and taking on new forms. All the new cats are on discord or the battle.me app, 95% them won't come around or even google these places where the old folks are so we're at a bigger disadvantage than before. The death of a forum I'm speaking of is the forum I ventured ages ago and was extremely similar to Netcees, I'm afraid NCs will have the same fate in 3-4 years time and people might not care that much anymore because there isn't any new challenges to pursue, or new cats and prodigies that takes the text community with storm making the vets having to actually try their best against someone new for once.

That's what I mean, NC and all the other forums is the old school way of doing things. Roasting someone that just got here just keeps the circle jerk going with no room of taking on new forms, because fuck change or new personalities that we don't like, right? Or I'm I completely wrong and should just stfu, cus I can do that too but at least I tried if our communities ends up with the same fate as the Nordic countries that ventured each others forums at times and battled here and there dying off one by one as new people got roasted or driven off the site before they even got a chance to be a part of it.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8ozGcGJ6o

Last edited by Objective; 01-16-2018 at 07:52 PM.
Objective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 07:59 PM   #2
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

We are the keepers of agate people forgot existed

Plus Eminem been trash for 10 years now. Save to say we won’t get another influx of battlers. Honestly the hesitation of most to move from text to audio is one reason.

Another is basically this:

When we first started atleast me... I was 14 lol. Literally had nothing else to do but get online and write.

Everyone grew up. Blame life bro.
Inno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 08:01 PM   #3
big baby
obsessed

Battle Record: Faggot-1

Accomplishments
- can recite entirety of shrek 2

Champed
- tangoed with spider man behind scenes in spider-man 2
- was candidate for gerber baby 3x
- smush parker like bb comment on instagram saying "u fucka suck idiyote"
- smush beer on head and didn't cry
- parallel parked in between 2 ferrari's in tonky truck once
- when saying pledge of allegiance i said "i don't" lmao deadass bb satan
- won tshirt from taco bell saying "taco cat" is the same backwards for filling out 500 surveys in a
- neighbor house caught on fire i call FIRE department and saved lives, was in newspaper
- set neighbor house on fire lmao
- fuck neighbor husband and wife
- first fish caught resembled david ortiz
- colin kaepernick
- related to genghis khan
- elected assistant to the vice president assistant to the president for regional chess club
- never lost game of hide and seek

big baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to big baby

SHUT THE FUCK UO SO FUCKING SICK OF U FUCKIKG LETS TALK" ANOUT IT" FUCKING HAND ON THE LOUNGE CHAIR PSYCHIATRIST FAGH. FUCKING SO FUCKIG SICK OF HR GARBAGE FUCKING 8 PARAGEAPH POSTS THAT END IN "WELL THATS MY OPINION I'm NORWEGIAN AND THAT MENAS DANDELIONS ARE ACTUALLY ILLEGAL TO USE IN HAND TO HAND COMBAT STFU!!!!'nnn shut
THE FUCK

YP

SO FUCKIG SICK

HEY I'm DHJVKKSD I DONT EVEN KNKW WHO THE FUCK U T I GAD TO FUCKING SCROLL I JUST KNOWNI HATE WHATEVER THE FUCK UR IMAGE IS AND WHATEVER J SAY EVER FOR THE END OF FUCKING TKMS. FUCKING OBJECTIVE HEH GUYS WE NEed to be a little NICER CUS CAMP EXECUTIVE LEADER OF THE FUCKING BOY SCIUTS HAD A GRIEVANCE LETTERE SENT TO HIM BY KRUCIALS FAGGOT STEPH CURRY PARENTS AND THEY SRE BEEY ANGRU IN OUR METHODIXAFIONS. MUST GROW AS A PPL CUS MATIJ LUTHER KING WOULD WANT IT THAT WAY AND I'm NORGEWIN OUR GDP IS WHITE DISTILLED VINEGAR AND SEMBLANCE OF THIUGHT. . WHAT THE ENTIRE FUCK?!?!? SHUT IT U OIECE OF SHIT FUCKING LEGIT DONE WITH H SHIT THE FUCK UP!!!!!!!!!!' LETS TSLK SHOUT IT LMAO WTF PANPHLET IN REHAB MOTHERFUCKER FUCK u. HEY GUYS LETS TALK ABOUT HOW WE MAKE FUN KF PPL IT REALLY NOT NICE?!?! LMAO WTF WE HAVE FUCKIG PPL READIG BOOKS NOW AND DOING COMPLIMENT BSTTLWS. u want fucking FAIRY PIXIE GIVING BLOWJOB AFTER EACH NEAT MICRO TRANSAXTION?!??? FUCKIJG BUTTERFLY LATRINE U PIECE OF SHIT FUCK YOU. SWEAR TO GOD ILL CHOKE U TO DEARH WITH MY BARE HANDS U RETARDED EUROPEAN MORHERFUCKER. Ago PLAY A SOCCER WHILE U SNORT ECSTASY THROUGU A FUCKING ORGANIC PEA straw. fucking ENVIRONEMNTSLIST PIECD OF GARBAGE GO SAVE A DOLPHIN IDIYORE FUCK YOU
If mentioned in a discussion its who'd still use wordy lines and act all dope
Then again hes had this schtick so long he like bb da bb da bb thats all folks
big baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 08:04 PM   #4
Dope girl

Battle Record: 3-8

Dope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Dope girl Send a message via Yahoo to Dope girl Send a message via Skype™ to Dope girl

Let's go Netcees!
Dope girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 08:04 PM   #5
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

Not reading an Objective-length post by BB.

Word @Innovator, same thing here. Text battling is literally the sole reason for why my English is as good as it is, lol. Someone told me straight up that my English was so bad that I should never write a verse in English again and just hang myself. Well, fuck that, I started learning grammars a bit better and made it a point to get better to show I could do this. But ye, if people don't give a shit whether NCs etc. dies or not then it's fair game, but that was not the vibe I got when it first was up for discussion some time ago.

Last edited by Objective; 01-16-2018 at 08:07 PM.
Old 01-16-2018, 08:05 PM   #6
big baby
obsessed

Battle Record: Faggot-1

Accomplishments
- can recite entirety of shrek 2

Champed
- tangoed with spider man behind scenes in spider-man 2
- was candidate for gerber baby 3x
- smush parker like bb comment on instagram saying "u fucka suck idiyote"
- smush beer on head and didn't cry
- parallel parked in between 2 ferrari's in tonky truck once
- when saying pledge of allegiance i said "i don't" lmao deadass bb satan
- won tshirt from taco bell saying "taco cat" is the same backwards for filling out 500 surveys in a
- neighbor house caught on fire i call FIRE department and saved lives, was in newspaper
- set neighbor house on fire lmao
- fuck neighbor husband and wife
- first fish caught resembled david ortiz
- colin kaepernick
- related to genghis khan
- elected assistant to the vice president assistant to the president for regional chess club
- never lost game of hide and seek

big baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to big baby

SHUT THEBFUVIKSODOCOCCUP!!!!!
If mentioned in a discussion its who'd still use wordy lines and act all dope
Then again hes had this schtick so long he like bb da bb da bb thats all folks
big baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 08:07 PM   #7
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Quote:
Originally Posted by big baby View Post
SHUT THEBFUVIKSODOCOCCUP!!!!!
That's better.

Old 01-16-2018, 08:09 PM   #8
Dope girl

Battle Record: 3-8

Dope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Dope girl Send a message via Yahoo to Dope girl Send a message via Skype™ to Dope girl

WELL, I care about Netcees
No offense ppl got their own life instead of forums
Dope girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 09:16 PM   #9
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

yea inno got it pretty much.

i was a teenager when i texted

i havent texted in probably a decade though. maybe a random topical here and there, and drunk keys. thats it though. but text never did it for me, it was a vehicle to get me into rapping itself, but text showed me i was a shit writer, so i went the production route instead. plus RL (rapleagues) had the dopest ranking system. since i was a shit writer and text was so big and peoples names were so generic you could bite ridiculously. which i did tremendously. the main reasoning was moving up the ranks. it was like a game. but word ill nik-a, kung, pulse, and others would be high up in the rankings, so i'd try to get a battle with them. because win or lose, their ranking being so high would boost my own ranking.

but anyways i turned my biting of text bars, into biting of music. aka sampling. but then i actually got good at it. so i stuck with it.

but even music has moved past what i do. everything is trap now. blah blah

but yea, the best thing i did in life was get off social media. i'm still on twitter but its basically a news feed, i rarely tweet. just browse it while shitting and on my lunch break

but facebook is a major killer of forums. alot of forums just turned into facebook groups.
Old 01-16-2018, 09:31 PM   #10
For Battling

Battle Record: 11-6

For Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant future

For As long as bb posts here I’ll be here

What is that battle me app you speak of?

And idk, I actually do this because I like to do it and I’m able to have time for it without having to sacrifice time for any of my real life activities or duties.
For Battling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:26 PM   #11
RoastKing
Banned

RoastKing has a brilliant futureRoastKing has a brilliant futureRoastKing has a brilliant futureRoastKing has a brilliant futureRoastKing has a brilliant futureRoastKing has a brilliant futureRoastKing has a brilliant futureRoastKing has a brilliant futureRoastKing has a brilliant futureRoastKing has a brilliant futureRoastKing has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
but anyways i turned my biting of text bars, into biting of music. aka sampling. but then i actually got good at it. so i stuck with it.
@Barcotic FOR INSPIRATION

AND OBJ STILL @HOME LIKE

RoastKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:37 PM   #12
Pinot Grij

Battle Record: 23-19

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Champed
- Fight Night 2
- Write Week V
- Netcees Battle League (2x)
- Winter Topical II
- 1-2 Punch league

Pinot Grij has a brilliant futurePinot Grij has a brilliant futurePinot Grij has a brilliant futurePinot Grij has a brilliant futurePinot Grij has a brilliant futurePinot Grij has a brilliant futurePinot Grij has a brilliant futurePinot Grij has a brilliant futurePinot Grij has a brilliant futurePinot Grij has a brilliant futurePinot Grij has a brilliant future

There’s a dancing fucking smiley face lime that greets you on the front page of a rap battle forum. No huge shocker that the membership hasn’t exploded through the roof.
Old 01-16-2018, 11:11 PM   #13
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinot Grij View Post
There’s a dancing fucking smiley face lime that greets you on the front page of a rap battle forum. No huge shocker that the membership hasn’t exploded through the roof.
I don't expect it to either which is why I don't get risking driving the extremely few people off before they even get a chance to say or show what they might contribute with on the forum. Like, having 200 posts or something being the indicator that it's time for them have to have their turn with roasts, essays or whatever. By then they should know what to expect around here.

@For Battling: yo, at least be on point with what you're saying. I honestly don't give a fuck what you do to these people, I'm just saying that this is worth thinking about seeing how it's been up for discussion before and the general consensus was ''yeah, maybe it's not that smart driving them off at once''. After all it was this kind of humor and sarcasm that made me stay but at that point in time you wouldn't have lost anything if I didn't stay either and went for RB or whatever instead when I was looking for a new place to post as CC died. That was in 2009 or some shit when text was still kinda popping with new people coming in left and right.
Being someone who doesn't really post here that much but is around enough to know how shit works it's worth to take into account. You do you tho, it's not like I'm 100% advocating against it but if people do want new guys to stick around this is the exact same shit that put it off in the past so I'm bringing it up as a reminder that it's being repeated and we should figure out if this is what we want so there won't be no whining about inactivity later.

I'm not talking only about the tournaments and OM forum, but the quality of disc in general as well.

Last edited by Objective; 01-16-2018 at 11:20 PM.
Old 01-16-2018, 11:19 PM   #14
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Quote:
Originally Posted by For Battling View Post
What is that battle me app you speak of?
Check it out in the app store or whatever. Mostly a bunch of 14-24 year olds rapping over instrumentals people post or the app has gotten access to to battle, write a verse or freestyle over. Then it's shared with the community and people either vote and/or comment on it depending whether or not it's a battle or just a piece that's posted up. They have weekly tournaments based on voting that can give you points etc. showing your status on the app etc. You can also pre-record with a studio mic and upload it too. The concept is pretty dope but 95% of the people there are wack af.

Old 01-17-2018, 07:36 AM   #15
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinot Grij View Post
Man we had that shit deleted before the site crashed a couple months ago again :/

Maybe if @Diode has some time he could oblige us once more?
Ghost1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 07:47 AM   #16
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Battle Record: 28-3

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Guerrilla Writing League (2x)
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

lmao my daughter enjoys that crazy lime tbh

make a green skin without it for those that don't want it?
sral is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:07 AM   #17
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

lol my kid actually likes your avy

she can read like a wiz now tho so cant really be having her looking at the site these days lol
Ghost1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 11:35 AM   #18
wasim
The Conqueror

wasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant futurewasim has a brilliant future

last forum i cared about wasn't even hip hop related. different people from around the world making creative works of art, animations, games and did a lot of shitposting at the time. it died late 2009. haven't been on a forum since then except this one but i'm mainly a lurker around here.
wasim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:31 PM   #19
Mr. J
The Clown Prince

Battle Record: 35-45

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Mr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant future

I can get the OM popping anytime tbh. I've spent numerous hours in that bitch just waiting for more pieces considering @ACTIVATE SELF dropping about 10 pieces in a day...messing with the whole fluctuations of that area

I don't mind the Lime either. It motivates me to have fun.
Old 01-17-2018, 10:33 PM   #20
For Battling

Battle Record: 11-6

For Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant future

Objective why do you have a hard on for me all a sudden?
For Battling is offline   Reply With Quote