Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Podcast Redux: Episode 0

https://soundcloud.com/user-40239911...a-conversation

Just a dry run to test out the software and stuff. Make sure we don’t run into technical difficulties during the real first run. Also, little bit do a convo on the direction of the podcast and other avenues.

Any ideas for topics, segments, etc let us know! Gets a little more on topic-ish around 3 minutes mark

Also, need an actual name for the podcast. Want to incorporate netcees culture somehowninto the name (something with lime, lama, nessy, etc in the name). Preferably like 2-3 syllables or words

Edit: also many thanks to uh-oh for the intro/background beat. Peep his shit @ jameshalton.bandcamp.com

Last edited by ~RustyGunZ~; 06-13-2018 at 10:06 AM.
~RustyGunZ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 10:09 AM   #2
Mediocrity
Brother

Mediocrity has a brilliant futureMediocrity has a brilliant futureMediocrity has a brilliant futureMediocrity has a brilliant futureMediocrity has a brilliant futureMediocrity has a brilliant futureMediocrity has a brilliant futureMediocrity has a brilliant futureMediocrity has a brilliant futureMediocrity has a brilliant futureMediocrity has a brilliant future

Listening now, will be back with advice/Ideas

First off, if there’s anyway to implement a soundboard to make playin intro music or V’s segment music on the fly without the need for post production. I can’t express enough the importance of list. That way you can see the topics you’d like to touch on and maybe find ways to Segway into those topics seamlessly.

Secondly, find your A mic, B mic, etc. have a main voice for the podcast and the other people on it throw their input on topics when it calls for it.

Find someone to edit podcast before dropping, cut out unnecessary dialogue, dead space, etc.

Maybe have Bags or someone entertaining do a segment about a topic that grinds their gears or whatever and have them rant about it but make it funny.

Here was my original ideas in the previous podcast thread Incase you missed it

Talk about new music you’ve stumbled across, maybe play a snippet to give the listeners a taste of what you’re fw at the moment. Make it a segment?

Cover topics such as any major news stories and give your personal insight about it, talk about any hip hop news that you deem worthy.

Crack on other members for wack threads but in a lighthearted way I mean it’s all jokes around here

Maybe get a little personal with yourself and talk about things happening in your life.

Maybe pick a OM verse, or battle that stood out to you and shine light on it if it’s not getting recognized like you feel that it should.

Share your views on any upcoming battles, or tournaments.

Maybe have cheyaaa or whatever his name is do a conspiracy theory segment?

Last edited by Mediocrity; 06-13-2018 at 10:26 AM.
Mediocrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 10:29 AM   #3
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Battle Record: 52-28

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediocrity View Post
Listening now, will be back with advice/Ideas

First off, if there’s anyway to implement a soundboard to make playin intro music or V’s segment music on the fly without the need for post production. I can’t express enough the importance of list. That way you can see the topics you’d like to touch on and maybe find ways to Segway into those topics seamlessly.

This app seems to be the most feature rich and doesn’t let you do that when there’s multiple people on. Gonna look into some others maybe that have better on the fly tools

Secondly, find your A mic, B mic, etc. have a main voice for the podcast and the other people on it throw their input on topics when it calls for it.

For sure, thinking we’ll experiment with that. Like I said I’d like to be a comptroller type that maybe chimes in here and there while maybe inno or v leads the convo mostly. Dream would be inno and I being the intro/b mic people with bags and v being the main event speakers.

Find someone to edit podcast before dropping, cut out unnecessary dialogue, dead space, etc.

I did that for this one, it was 36 mins before haha. Still relearning Audition

Maybe have Bags or someone entertaining do a segment about a topic that grinds their gears or whatever and have them rant about it but make it funny.

Word
Old 06-13-2018, 10:30 AM   #4
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

My b thought you were done, will respond to the other points in a minute
Old 06-13-2018, 10:33 AM   #5
Mediocrity
Brother

Mediocrity has a brilliant futureMediocrity has a brilliant futureMediocrity has a brilliant futureMediocrity has a brilliant futureMediocrity has a brilliant futureMediocrity has a brilliant futureMediocrity has a brilliant futureMediocrity has a brilliant futureMediocrity has a brilliant futureMediocrity has a brilliant futureMediocrity has a brilliant future

the Unnessysary podcast.. lol idk.

But word, the audio felt crisp and I had no trouble hearing anybody, expect for in the beginning but I’m sure that was just one of y’all getting comfortable in your seat or whatever. I don’t know y’all enough to distinguish who’s voice is who’s yet so that was confusing but that’s nothing you guys can control I’ll figure it out eventually

Last edited by Mediocrity; 06-13-2018 at 10:35 AM.
Mediocrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 10:34 AM   #6
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

Talk about new music you’ve stumbled across, maybe play a snippet to give the listeners a taste of what you’re fw at the moment. Make it a segment?

For sure. Think we spoke on that a little, would love to make the podcast like half focused on hip hop and show a lot of love to indie/internet artist instead of talking about mainstream ish.

Cover topics such as any major news stories and give your personal insight about it, talk about any hip hop news that you deem worthy.

Word was thinking we’d start with current events for like 15 minutes before getting into more intricate segments

Crack on other members for wack threads but in a lighthearted way I mean it’s all jokes around here

Don’t wanna make it about the forum itself

Maybe get a little personal with yourself and talk about things happening in your life.

Hoping that comes naturally while speaking on broad topics

Maybe pick a OM verse, or battle that stood out to you and shine light on it if it’s not getting recognized like you feel that it should.

Again don’t want it to get too into being about the forum, but I was thinking having someone read a good piece in a spoken word style would be a cool segment

Share your views on any upcoming battles, or tournaments.

Not about forum events again, not to be repetitive lol

Maybe have cheyaaa or whatever his name is do a conspiracy theory segment?

Haha yeah v mentioned that
Old 06-13-2018, 10:36 AM   #7
Mediocrity
Brother

I’m excited to see where this is going tbh
Old 06-13-2018, 10:40 AM   #8
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

Quote:
the Unnessysary podcast.. lol idk.

But word, the audio felt crisp and I had no trouble hearing anybody, expect for in the beginning but I’m sure that was just one of y’all getting comfortable in your seat or whatever. I don’t know y’all enough to distinguish who’s voice is who’s yet so that was confusing but that’s nothing you guys can control I’ll figure it out eventually
Most crisp one at the beginning is inno, mumbly upstate backwoods accent is me, more muffled well spoken that comes in last at 3 mins is veritas
Old 06-13-2018, 10:43 AM   #9
Elemental P

Elemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant future

What time do y'all do the cast? Is it gonna be live, can we listen in or you just gonna pre-recorded I take it?
Elemental P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 10:46 AM   #10
Mediocrity
Brother

To expand on the soundboard idea, maybe have a laptop pulled up with the sounds ready to go, just turn the volume up so your mic can pick it up. Idk how y’all are recording this, with your phones I’m assuming?
Old 06-13-2018, 10:46 AM   #11
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elemental P View Post
What time do y'all do the cast? Is it gonna be live, can we listen in or you just gonna pre-recorded I take it?
Yeah prerecorded so we can add in segments. It’ll be a lot easier if we can have v set up a time to talk to interviewees without having to have us on too. None of us are doing this full time, gotta make it efficient as possible
Old 06-13-2018, 10:47 AM   #12
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

Quote:
To expand on the soundboard idea, maybe have a laptop pulled up with the sounds ready to go, just turn the volume up so your mic can pick it up. Idk how y’all are recording this, with your phones I’m assuming?
Yeah I could do that, might be able to get an iPad app with sounds
Old 06-13-2018, 10:51 AM   #13
Mediocrity
Brother

Depending on work schedules and family shit maybe make Sunday evenings the night y’all record, edit on Monday and drop Tuesday? Idk that’s something y’all gotta discuss
Old 06-13-2018, 11:02 AM   #14
Elemental P

Elemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant future

You guys should do a live podcast one weekend for the fuck of it though that would be entertaining
Old 06-13-2018, 11:26 AM   #15
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

Word I’d be down. Just don’t want to make it a staple of the show and make it overly difficult to get content out because of scheduling issues
Old 06-13-2018, 11:27 AM   #16
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

Also, would love to hear any other mediums to explore that people have experience in or want to get experience in. YouTube stuff, game dev stuff, music, writing, animation, voice acting etc
Old 06-13-2018, 11:36 AM   #17
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

Ima check this when i get home
Old 06-13-2018, 11:37 AM   #18
Elemental P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knucklehead View Post
Also, would love to hear any other mediums to explore that people have experience in or want to get experience in. YouTube stuff, game dev stuff, music, writing, animation, voice acting etc
I always like talking shit about videogames, conspiracy theory ideas, music (Different genres too) writing and anime too. So as far as th venues go I don't mind discussing that and wouldn't mind jumping in a live broadcast with others to discuss various topics.
Old 06-13-2018, 11:44 AM   #19
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Battle Record: 19-8

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League Season 6

Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen

Listening now, and typing as I listen...

1st minute was rough. You guys were stumbling over one another and the audio quality is bad so it was kind of hard to make out what you were saying. Then you began to interject at the right time where you weren't really stumbling over one another so that kind of cleared up.

Inno sounds like a waste of a conversation. Like I'd have to smoke to have a conversation with him about nothing important in life but I don't smoke so, yea... And I thought Inno was black? He sounds like a straight out of compton Mexican.

Knuck sounds boring - as in he lacks a personality but I could probably hold a conversation with the guy. Sounds legit.

V is V - everyone can talk to/with V.

AHMEN - not AYMEN, FYI, guys lol. But that was funny, I laughed. If I can't do it, I most likely know someone who could LMAO... Just kidding.

Edit - Knuck is accurate, I am who I am - I don't pretend to be something other then me... Just can't do it...

Wasn't bad tho. I'd listen again. Like I said a bit unorganized in regards to the stepping over one another AT FIRST... but it's the 1st one, hopefully an agenda is created and you guys can go from there.

Last edited by Amen; 06-13-2018 at 11:51 AM.
Amen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 11:54 AM   #20
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

Great job editing @Knucklehead

Didn’t notice the background music until half way in lol. I noticed I need to learn how to come in the conversation at the right time. But that could also be from lack of structure. Once we get the script set I’m sure it will be a bit smoother.
@Amen I neve claimed to be black, you assumed I was

I thought the sound was good aside from a glee glitches here and there. Knuck and V came through smoothly.

Hopefully we do something with this...
Inno is offline   Reply With Quote