Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2018, 06:59 PM   #1
Elemental P

Elemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant future
Default Thought experiment help?

So this is something new I'm trying, just for my curiosity and due to my interest in psychoanalysis and I've always been more in to philosophy than religion. I did my first one yesterday on FB and I used the meme where it asks: Would you stomp on the puppy for 18 BILLION DOLLARS.

But I changed it up to be more morally thought provoking. So I asked, for every 1$ let's say the saves an animals life. So that's 18 Billion animals you could save, endangered species could be saved from going extinct ect. So, would you kill the puppy in order to help the 18 Billion animals?

Well here's the results.

NO: 11 total. 6 females and 5 males (didn't cover demographics or any of that just men/women.

YES:4 Total. 3 females and 1 Male.

I had spent a lot of time drawing a conclusion from this and it's supposed to make you question your morals. Does the end justify the means?
How about any of you guys, what would you answer? And you have think about it carefully.

(So I want to continue this trend for my own intellectual reasons and curiosity and would like some help with more Thought Experiment ideas. Yes I checked Google and read some to give me some more ideas but I want to hear more original ideas. Anyone care to help or at least answer the question I posted?) I'll post my short summary conclusion (kept it short due to not enough participants and kept it vague for a reason.)
Elemental P is offline   Reply With Quote