Old 07-08-2020, 11:28 AM   #1
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

This is the shit I got
http://www.cannagardening.com/coco_brick

Washed & Buffered
CANNA COCO is washed, buffered and therefore ready for use.

Washed: Because coco palms grow near and on salt water, coco tissues contain large amounts of ions or salt. Salt can be very detrimental to plants when the occur above certain concentrations even though they generally are considered plant nutrients. In order to make coco suitable as a plant growth medium it needs to be washed. CANNA COCO is washed thoroughly with clean water so there is no need to rinse it yourself.

Buffered: Coco has what is considered a negative CEC (capacity of the substrate to retain and exchange water and nutrients).

The nutrients provided by the grower will be taken up by the medium and will not become available to the plant . This undesired effect must be prevented. In order to permanently stabilize the chemistry of the medium and its pH, CANNA has buffered its coco medium to make sure that the nutrients you give will go to the plant.
CANNA COCO is RHP certified for professional horticulture. This means it meets even higher requirements than other media that are RHP certified for consumer use (or not certified at all).

The RHP for Horticulture certification guarantees a clean and pure product that is free from weeds and pathogenic organisms and is suitable for professional use.

---------

Not steam sterilized too i guess that turns the shit to potassium and blocks can mag from the plants.

Since you mentioned It I did a deep dive and seen the science behind it. Basically if the coco is untreated it will steal the nutrients before your plants can. Mainly calcium and magnesium. The buffering process washes out some potassium ions and sodium and shit and replaces it with calcium and magnesium, so that the coco itself doesn't absorb any you put in it for the plants

So it makes sense but word. Gonna see how it goes
Old 07-09-2020, 08:02 AM   #2
the Munster

the Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
This is the shit I got
http://www.cannagardening.com/coco_brick

Washed & Buffered
CANNA COCO is washed, buffered and therefore ready for use.

Washed: Because coco palms grow near and on salt water, coco tissues contain large amounts of ions or salt. Salt can be very detrimental to plants when the occur above certain concentrations even though they generally are considered plant nutrients. In order to make coco suitable as a plant growth medium it needs to be washed. CANNA COCO is washed thoroughly with clean water so there is no need to rinse it yourself.

Buffered: Coco has what is considered a negative CEC (capacity of the substrate to retain and exchange water and nutrients).

The nutrients provided by the grower will be taken up by the medium and will not become available to the plant . This undesired effect must be prevented. In order to permanently stabilize the chemistry of the medium and its pH, CANNA has buffered its coco medium to make sure that the nutrients you give will go to the plant.
CANNA COCO is RHP certified for professional horticulture. This means it meets even higher requirements than other media that are RHP certified for consumer use (or not certified at all).

The RHP for Horticulture certification guarantees a clean and pure product that is free from weeds and pathogenic organisms and is suitable for professional use.

---------

Not steam sterilized too i guess that turns the shit to potassium and blocks can mag from the plants.

Since you mentioned It I did a deep dive and seen the science behind it. Basically if the coco is untreated it will steal the nutrients before your plants can. Mainly calcium and magnesium. The buffering process washes out some potassium ions and sodium and shit and replaces it with calcium and magnesium, so that the coco itself doesn't absorb any you put in it for the plants

So it makes sense but word. Gonna see how it goes
Word I’ve used canna coco several times and even with cocotek too. No problems but all coco seems to be the same to me. I walk to the pet store and use that stuff too and don’t really see a difference or anything lol

I used to use coco to especially start seeds, like I would start all seeds in party cups with coco then transplant to one gallon soil. Now I just start out in the soil I hate coco now, just how you have to prepare the water every single day
the Munster is offline   Reply With Quote