Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > Art of Writing League Season X > AOWL Season X Archieves
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 07-17-2022, 09:28 PM   #161
Soule
Save The Sea

Soule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant future

Touche. Regardless, it's still more likely he was drinking one of these lol...

Dope piece and awesome battle. This was a strong week from most of the competitors.
Old 07-17-2022, 11:19 PM   #162
Master Rock
Steadily Lurking

Battle Record: 7-7

Champed
- Netcees Writers League

Master Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adverse View Post
@Candy you wanna give Rock until Sunday night to show or just take the NS win?
Candy, I can't bro... I'm on vacation with the fam...but if I do drop it wouldn't be until Wednesday night... that's just going to hold up the league to long.

https://www.instagram.com/master_rock1/
https://www.youtube.com/graphicalmindz

Last edited by Master Rock; 07-17-2022 at 11:21 PM.
Old 07-17-2022, 11:30 PM   #163
Soule
Save The Sea

Soule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant future

I can write a sub verse
Old 07-17-2022, 11:54 PM   #164
Eviction
Detained

Battle Record: 16-11

Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction

damn I'll have to put on my glasses to read franks verse lol.
Old 07-18-2022, 12:16 AM   #165
Rawn MD
Get MacDon

Battle Record: 3-7

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD

Yo idk but when did going all novel-like become a thing? I always felt that the more you can say in the least amount of words is ideal… brevity is key imo… I feel like only black @dead man, and myself are from this school of thought now a days?!?!?!

A. bove T. he R. est

Last edited by Rawn MD; 07-18-2022 at 12:18 AM.
Old 07-18-2022, 12:21 AM   #166
Soule
Save The Sea

Everyone has their preference. Some of us like storytelling.
Old 07-18-2022, 12:25 AM   #167
Rawn MD
Get MacDon

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD

That only goes so far though…

I mean I’ve read story’s that were 200 pages that were more engaging than a 500 page book.

Just sayin

A. bove T. he R. est
Old 07-18-2022, 12:26 AM   #168
Soule
Save The Sea

Also, I've seen Black write 60-120 line pieces lmao so I wouldn't lump him in with your idea. The guy appreciates the art. Doesn't matter how long.
Old 07-18-2022, 12:39 AM   #169
Rawn MD
Get MacDon

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Maybe so, but each line is still concise

So theres that

… which is my point exactly

J/s

A. bove T. he R. est
Old 07-18-2022, 12:45 AM   #170
Soule
Save The Sea

Why do you care so much? Like you're offended by how others write or what they prefer lol
Old 07-18-2022, 12:47 AM   #171
Dominate
Tread Lightly.

Battle Record: 26-9

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- Battle Arena
- Tag Team Tournament III
- Tag Tournament: "Omicron Variant"

Dominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawn MD View Post
Yo idk but when did going all novel-like become a thing? I always felt that the more you can say in the least amount of words is ideal… brevity is key imo… I feel like only black @dead man, and myself are from this school of thought now a days?!?!?!
Good writing comes in many formats and IMO we should encourage any/all of them here. A longer narrative is one of many possible styles to write in. The only thing we should be insisting on in this art form is that it rhymes and has a rhythm.
Old 07-18-2022, 12:51 AM   #172
Rawn MD
Get MacDon

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

No, well I’m not a fan of reading hundreds of lines…

But moreso, just trying to understand the logic

I think there is more skill in picking the correct one word that says more than using 5 words that match the one word in stating what is being said

Being verbose vs being succinct

I feel the latter is not only more efficient, but more impactful

Just my opinion though

A. bove T. he R. est
Old 07-18-2022, 12:56 AM   #173
Soule
Save The Sea

I like detail.
Old 07-18-2022, 01:08 AM   #174
Dominate
Tread Lightly.

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- Battle Arena

Dominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawn MD View Post
No, well I’m not a fan of reading hundreds of lines…

But moreso, just trying to understand the logic

I think there is more skill in picking the correct one word that says more than using 5 words that match the one word in stating what is being said

Being verbose vs being succinct

I feel the latter is not only more efficient, but more impactful

Just my opinion though
It’s not about verbosity vs succinctness. It’s about the scope of the writing. A narrative where a lot happens will necessitate more lines to be written well. Other styles of writing will require less.

That said, I would strongly prefer to see a variety of styles of writing here and not have everyone writing huge story based pieces every week.

@zygote was the GOAT at bringing that variety. Among other things, I saw him write:

- an argumentative essay
- an annual performance report
- a sales pitch
- a serial killer’s coded letter
- a campaign speech
- a nature documentary voice over
- a letter addressed to his opponent

ZYGOTE RETURN TO US KING

Last edited by Dominate; 07-18-2022 at 03:16 AM.
Old 07-18-2022, 01:14 AM   #175
Soule
Save The Sea

I'm gonna lose some votes from you two then lol
Old 07-18-2022, 01:44 AM   #176
Dominate
Tread Lightly.

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- Battle Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soule View Post
I'm gonna lose some votes from you two then lol
Nah I wouldn’t consciously penalize any one style over another. There’s nothing wrong with a story driven piece, I like reading them. I just don’t want to see that become the only thing I read here.
Old 07-18-2022, 01:47 AM   #177
Soule
Save The Sea

Word. I feel like it ultimately just depends where you come from. I started writing topicals on RB in 2005 and that's around the time the vets went from freestyle pieces to story driven pieces. Plus I love movies, TV shows and video games so coming up with stories of my own is fun af. But it was always interesting battling a writer from another site or generation because you could see the style differences.
Old 07-18-2022, 03:15 AM   #178
Dominate
Tread Lightly.

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- Battle Arena

Last edited by Dominate; 07-18-2022 at 03:16 AM. Reason: Accidental post
Old 07-18-2022, 03:33 AM   #179
Rawn MD
Get MacDon

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominate View Post
There’s nothing wrong with a story driven piece, I like reading them. I just don’t want to see that become the only thing I read here.
This!

….and zygote came from where I came from… so there’s that. It all comes down to incorporation of literary devices and style really… you can include metas, Double entendres, or whatever into a story just as well as aa concise piece… @Frank for instance w his creative licensing with wording and tenses and stuff.

It all comes down to how you ultimately incorporate your own style and wit into something rather than just writing bars that are long winded and rhyme driven imo.

Speaks to skill level…. Unless your just dropping like bomb stories that are mind blown with crazy twist and that’s what drives it… that could be the exception.
That’s just me though.

A. bove T. he R. est

Last edited by Rawn MD; 07-18-2022 at 03:37 AM.
Old 07-18-2022, 05:25 AM   #180
Dank

Battle Record: 1-0

Dank has a brilliant futureDank has a brilliant futureDank has a brilliant futureDank has a brilliant futureDank has a brilliant futureDank has a brilliant futureDank has a brilliant futureDank has a brilliant futureDank has a brilliant futureDank has a brilliant futureDank has a brilliant future

Sheesh @ Uni vs NYC

They not playing

Tags
black cock down, eviction shutttttt upppp, my record is 8-0, ny let me suck u king, scuba steve, wow nyc warrior