Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexLabb View Post
i suppose its bigger than the market for socially unaccepted weird ass scripture rap written by repressed angry enraged homosexuals with aspergers
Not really, it is precisely the same.

Gayness and embarassed doesn't rhyme.

The rhymes in general were very basic tbh you did ok tho.

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:33 PM   #22
DexLabb
song genius

DexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-level

i rhymed gayness with stages and wasted, its cause with an audio verse hard to keep things line for line like written word. u gotta keep things basic for mainstream, i should post a vid of j cole talking bout transitioning from complex to simple gotta find it
Old 05-10-2014, 12:38 PM   #23
DexLabb
song genius

DexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDexLabb drags down this site on a Masaii-level

alot of people dont know j cole used to write raps on message boards, but around 3:30 onthis vid he gets into it

Old 05-10-2014, 02:30 PM   #24
Split

Battle Record: 27-22

Split has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bags View Post
Is there a big market for written text raps accompanied by youtube video instrumentals in the industry currently?
1shot1kill
Old 05-10-2014, 02:44 PM   #25
DexLabb
song genius

i cant keep up with the retard paradigm you guys have on the world, like ur shit is hot. so pathetic
Old 05-10-2014, 06:24 PM   #26
Mitch

Mitch has a brilliant futureMitch has a brilliant futureMitch has a brilliant futureMitch has a brilliant futureMitch has a brilliant futureMitch has a brilliant futureMitch has a brilliant futureMitch has a brilliant futureMitch has a brilliant futureMitch has a brilliant futureMitch has a brilliant future

Dex your style doesn't mesh well with these guys, but you aren't bad. this was alright.
Old 05-10-2014, 06:25 PM   #27
DexLabb
song genius

thanks man i respect that ^
Old 05-10-2014, 10:31 PM   #28
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

Quote:
thanks man i respect that ^
If you are older then 18 i will never feed y9ur pieces again.....

C9nfirm or deny
Not saying being drunk doesn’t mess up you reasoning. I’m turning 20 soon so I haven’t had a drink ever.
Ghost1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:01 PM   #29
DexLabb
song genius

^word man...word...
Old 05-10-2014, 11:27 PM   #30
Ghost1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

So.......you are older?
Not saying being drunk doesn’t mess up you reasoning. I’m turning 20 soon so I haven’t had a drink ever.
Old 05-11-2014, 12:48 AM   #31
DexLabb
song genius

im a university student if i wanted to use the right diction i would bro. but theres something you need to understand. your a lightweight. 10,000 posts means nothing your not a heavy weight like i am. i used the "u" and "embrsed" diction because thats the way fracture did it back on bboys.com way before you. thats where text game began was with him and others similar. most of u dont know anythen about that the origin or anything, your late to the party by a few years and i can tell by your writing and your attitude. u just dont get it
Old 05-11-2014, 12:50 AM   #32
DexLabb
song genius

but even they had it wrong, because they only had half the equation. they had the right idea, but they hid behind a computer screen and an avatar and never embraced the true beauty of music because there was no music, just words
Old 05-11-2014, 01:55 AM   #33
Fig
Om

Battle Record: 8-16

Fig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant future

Quote:
but even they had it wrong, because they only had half the equation. they had the right idea, but they hid behind a computer screen and an avatar and never embraced the true beauty of music because there was no music, just words
You're not making music either

But listen

Every site has its own style that it prefers, the OM on this site just happens to lean towards a style that is a little less hip hop than most. I rap too man. But I don't rap the majority of the things a put up on here. They are works all on their own having little relation to hip hop besides the rhyming.

If you don't like it, fine, it's just not your steeze, but we're not the be all end all here. Don't fight with the people on this site because they don't recognize the ability in your drops, just be about it.

That's about as reasonable as I can get
Old 05-11-2014, 08:45 AM   #34
Ghost1

Quote:
im a university student if i wanted to use the right diction i would bro. but theres something you need to understand. your a lightweight. 10,000 posts means nothing your not a heavy weight like i am. i used the "u" and "embrsed" diction because thats the way fracture did it back on bboys.com way before you. thats where text game began was with him and others similar. most of u dont know anythen about that the origin or anything, your late to the party by a few years and i can tell by your writing and your attitude. u just dont get it
So....you are older?
Old 05-11-2014, 10:33 AM   #35
DexLabb
song genius

i am making music, im on my way to doing it. this retard scripture universe turned me to ashes, its only right that i start here
Old 05-11-2014, 10:59 AM   #36
Ghost1

So.....you are older?
Old 05-11-2014, 11:10 AM   #37
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Quote:
i am making music, im on my way to doing it. this retard scripture universe turned me to ashes, its only right that i start here
Why don't you just make music?

I'm pretty sure that's the best way to make music.

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 12:12 PM   #38
DexLabb
song genius

hip hop music requires sound and words, thats what im doing here. finding my identity

Last edited by DexLabb; 05-11-2014 at 05:36 PM.
DexLabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 06:11 PM   #39
Ghost1

How old
Old 05-11-2014, 06:19 PM   #40
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Battle Record: 22-24

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Zen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant future

I'm gonna leave you genuine feed. No troll, this was nothing special. The rhymes were very basic and the flow was predictable. If you want to rap, then write your verse to a specific beat that you choose and then practice your delivery. Add inner rhymes to break the monotony, and add multis and metaphors and such. Because as I see this now, and god don't get offended again, I can tell your just beginning and trying to find your style.

Allot of guys here could give you great pointers on executing what you're trying to do, which is rap, but if you disagree with everyone who says you're not good then why would they waste their time? You say none of us will ever make it rapping, but really none of us want to. What we DO know is how to write. Listen to real advice, and please stop being obnoxious when someone says something negative. Seriously. Peace.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote