Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > NBL Season XIV > Season XIV Archives

User Tag List

Old 04-05-2020, 11:36 AM   #1
Blue Bayou
Ukrainian Howlitzers

Battle Record: 41-24

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- NBL Season 3
- Alias Tournament II
- Fight Night XLVIII
- Fight Night XXV
- Fight Night XV
- Fight Night (3x)
- Netcees Battle League (4x)
- NBL Tag Team Season 3
- Lyric Olympics
- 1-2 Punch League (3x)
- Battle Arena League (2x)
- Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2
- BA Tag
- NPL Roast
- Netcees Pic League

Blue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant future
Default NBL Season XIV Week One Magazine: The RONA Made Me Do It!

NBL Season XIV Week One Magazine: The RONA Made Me Do It!

Introduction

Whats good NBL……I’m your host Organic, I mean Blue Bayou…And welcome to the newest season of the NBL!

I’m very excited to be modding, and I’m Amen’s corona test results this is going to be a GREAT season!

There had been talk of and interest in getting the league going again, so I figured why not and signed on to moderate you crazy fucks. As everyone is going to be stuck inside for AT LEAST another month, now seemed like the perfect time to resurrect the NBL. The 1-2’s cool and all but NC’s at it’s best when the NBL is up and running. As for my track record I ran and assisted running various leagues and tournaments years back , and recently I ran the LLL on RB last year.

Week One battles were drawn at random. NC seems to have a good mix of styles at the moment so it’ll be interesting to see how it all plays out.

We had 24 sign ins for Week 1 which was great, and more then I expected. Encouraging sign with a good mix of old and new.

Season Preview

• I will need help with mags – and I was transparent about that from the get go. Lars, Barcotic, Inno have all expressed interest in helping in this regard, and that’s much appreciated. I will be doing two sections weekly, but will need help on the others. ANYONE ELSE WITH INTEREST IN HELPING WITH MAGS TO KEEP MOMENTUM GOING, PLEASE REACH OUT TO ME VIA PM ASAP.

• Verse of the Week & Weekly Top Punches will be back under my watch. Ranked 1 thru 10 , so everyone bring your best and aim for top spot. I will be judging and ranking so for all of you in advance that are going to argue with me about my picks, I DON’T GIVE A FUCK. Square up

• Contendership Matches will be up in WEEK 3, first Champ Match WEEK 4. So going 2-0 early will give you a good shot at getting a chance to be in the first champ match of the season

• I WANT YOUR INPUT. Have an idea you think will help the league? Bring it up in the chat thread and @ me.

• I don’t think im going to do weekly cyphers or anything this season. I want the writing focus to be on the weekly battles so we have dope reads. Also, they’re a pain in the ass to judge. That said might have the odd pic diss challenge or something like that.

• Contendership and champ match battles will be a minimum of 14 lines. There isn’t going to be 10 line champ match battles. This is non negotiable.

• This will be a Ten Week season before playoffs. Not too short, not too long, and there’s potential to go the whole season undefeated.

• We already have two sign ins for next week. Keep em comin’

Week One Predictions

Seth vs. Aero

This is the battle I’m most looking forward to this week. BOTW potential. These two guys HATE each other and have been talking shit for weeks now on Discord. Seth is an SC champion that’s done this for over 15 years and seems highly motivated. Aero is texts GOAT who has done this for even longer. While he’s become known more for recycling and NS’ing these days, but personally I love his style & he still can bring heat when he wants to. Austin seems equally motivated here and has even claimed he’ll never return to NC if Seth beats him. With all the animosity I expect a good mix of comedy and some hard hitting personals. Style wise seth is more meta heavy while Aero is more of a misdirection/comedy writer.

Prediction – 50/50. Can’t call it.

Cashius vs. Bomb Bard

Cash is an NC all-time great and an early favorite to be this seasons first champ. Year over year he’s proven to be a consistent force that doesn’t lose very often because of his good mix of concepts. Killing Spree has been around for years and is definitely a talented writer. Spree’s downside to me is his consistency. He’ll have a couple dope bars in a verse but also a few major whiffs. When he takes his time with his wording he’s usual very competitive and he’s going to need that this week if he wants to beat Cash.

Prediction – 70/30 Cashius. Cool match-up here.

Inno vs. Defiant vs. orrie

Shit I’ve known Defiant for prob 15 years now, as he’s an old IHH head. I haven’t seen him battle in a long time, hopefully he shows. Inno is traditionally more of a topical writer but he’s been active lately and has dropped some impressive punches. Orrie appears to be an alias, no clue what to expect.

Prediction – 65/35 Inno over the other 2. Defiant I’m concerned is going to NS.

Plot vs Zelph

ZELPH IS BACK. Whyyyy??? I heard something about his husband joining the army and being deployed so Zelph went with him.. I dunno, but the goof ball is back and signed in. His mental disability and facial deformity aside, Zelph can produce some cool gun bars with good wording. Plot has been active in the 1-2, and from my perspective seems to be boom or bust. I recall thinking some of his 1-2 stuff in seasons past being dope.

Prediction – 60/40 Zelph.

INF vs FGR

Infiltrate, current tag team champ and 1-2 mod. INF is very creative and has written some jaw droppers over the years. Sometimes he gets in his own ay wording wise imo, and seems to end up losing by DQ as much as he does losing in votes. FGR I thinkkkk is an RB guy? Wasn’t a fan of the 1-2 punch he dropped against my infamous cum line, but he’s posted some other good ones recently and his wording seems to be solid. I’m only loosely familiar but excited to see what he does this season.

Prediction – 65/35 INF

Barcotic vs Incredible

Barcotic, notorious as NC’s most hated. Barc is a vet I’ve known for ages & is a RB and NC HOF member. Barc has beefed with most people on NC in one way or another, and the common consensus is he cries/explodes when he gets hate. Personally I think he’s a very talented writer when he’s not overdoing the wordplay (i.e. three ingredients curry off), and has some of the best wording currently in text. Incredible I don’t know much about. I think that’s the guy who lost custody of his kids last year or something? I haven’t been too impressed with bars ive seen him drop, but I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Prediction – 80/20 Barcotic

Hush vs. Destroyer

Love that this matchup came about, both NC vets. Hush really needs no introduction, as he’s a NC HOFer and widely regarded as one of NC’s best writers of all-time. He’s accomplished a lot on this site and seems to be shaking the rust. Destroyer is everyone’s favorite NC elder. When he’s not slinging cell phones he’s usually dropping quality verses. He’s a good writer that’s champed the NBL a couple times in the past. I think he beat Hush somewhat recently if memory serves me right. I think Destroyer proposed pics which would make things interesting.

Prediction – 60/40 Hush

Orc vs. dull boy

Interesting matchup here. Really pumped to see Orc back competing. Another NC HOF’er that’s champed a TON of different NC leagues and tourneys. Proved with his Hush verse that there’s zero rust to shake, and provided he shows he’s easily an early favorite to be the NBLs first, and possibly season, champ. Dull boy I’ve got to know recently thru Discord. Dull is certainly creative and has a pretty refeshing style that differs from the norm. Really unlucky draw getting Orc in week one, but I see Dull as a guy that will be motivated by that. Excited to see how this plays out. They've settled on a pic battle which i have to think only more favors Orc. ORC DON’T FUCKING NO SHOW , GET YA

Prediction 80/20 Orc

Allen Knight vs Slechtq

Allen is yet another NC HOFer signed in this season. AK has champed the NBL multiple times in the past. Has a good wordplay style that usually incorporates a nice mix of comedy and hard hitting attack lines. Slechtq is an rb guy that has champed the NC 1-2 league in the past. He’s been active and impressive lately and generally has pretty fresh concepts. Wording seems to be getting better and better too. Like this matchup.

Prediction – 65/35 Allen Knight

Adverse vs. Letterman

Two RB guys matched up on week one…Adverse has been pretty active on NC recently and has been dropping pretty solid. Maybe he’ll have some personals on Letterman both being from RB. Let has been in the game a long time, has some big wins, and has champed leagues/tourneys in the past. I’m expecting a competitive battle here, but at their best I think Letterman is better. Hopefully he shows, he’s not NC much and hasn’t signed in.

Prediction – 65/35 Letterman

Larkin vs. Ender

Very cool to see Larkin back. Larkin is an old school top guy that was a member of Clash during the NC1 days. I remember him having a dope battle against Oneduh. Larkin has been in the disc forum beefing with barcotic already, writing wise I’m not sure how big a factor rust will play....Ender I can’t say I’m very familiar with. I feel like ive seen him around here or there when there’s leagues going on, but can’t recall off the top. I’m concerned about a double NS here, hopefully I’m wrong and these guys participate all season long.

Prediction – 70/30 Larkin

Outro

That’s all for now folks. If half of you no show I’m shutting the league down. Show up, do your part in voting, and don’t write shitty bars. Everyone stay safe! Until next time….

@Sharp @SiK @Black Mask @Seyance @Blanco Bishop @Sho Money EMG @serge T @Zuch @Universe @papi @Balanced @Meth @Slechtn @Mike Wrecka @Atomic @Greed @Tettris @Sn00p @fraze @iSpaz @Bust @Bash @Bomb Bard @Seanzo @Packed Graves @MetaSin @Resin M-I-C @Frank Metts @Paradigm @Ronin @Useless @Suthaveli @ill nik-A @Wavy Crockett @Frac @Fracture @Knux @Sour joog @Ghost1 @Hush @Cashius @Cred @Strikta @Junto @Tic @murda sho @Muff @veritas @Moe Jetts ] @INFiltration @Resin MIC @God Of War @trap @For Battling @MFtastick @Chyeahh @classickERBL @Barcotic @Plethora @King @Kenny the OG @Jayson Fresh @Toil @Wanderer @10 Senses @dehf @Gunplay @SuckaFreeCashier @Basic M @Plot @Bags @Razah @Maximus @Useless @Ace @Diablo @Lenox @Cool @dead man @big baby @Witty @Amen @Sharp @Dominate @Beyond @Neighbor @JShazo @Sicc @namix @Certain @Joe Boston @Awww Shit @RichardCorey @yzeOne @Diode @Damien @john hensley @Jabari Black @Twodrop @Lenox @DynamiCz @Cereal @Aero @Enbombz @Incredible @Flow @Blue Bayou @Muff @Bongo Bear @Grizz @INFiltrate @Mediocrity @WRATH @Cashius @Knucklehead @bleak @ORC @takem2school @Exis @BROKE LESNAR @murda sho @ACTIVATE SELF @sraL @Diablo @Innovator @Witty @Alvin Karpis @Profit @Basic M @Swerve @Krucial Th1rt3en @Adonis @Fart @boof @the Munster @Answer @Chyeahhh!!! @Objective @Bleu @Defiant @Lotto Smirk @Letterman @Schadenfreude @Habitat @Killing Spree @Dia @Cyrax @Barcotic @Larkin @Neighbor @MMLP @KempoMRK @Moe Jetts @BodySnatcher
-kungfugrip

Last edited by Blue Bayou; 04-05-2020 at 01:08 PM.
Old 04-05-2020, 12:27 PM   #2
Adverse
low tide in serotonin bay

Battle Record: 37-28

Champed
- GWL Picture Challenge
- Guerrilla Writing League
- Black August II

Adverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant future

Dope mag Blue, good work excited for this. Just to clarify I'm not from RB, I have no idea who Letterman is but we'll see if he even shows, my understanding is he doesn't do that very often.
Old 04-05-2020, 12:27 PM   #3
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

Dope mag blue!!!!
Old 04-05-2020, 12:32 PM   #4
Blue Bayou
Ukrainian Howlitzers

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- NBL Season 3
- Alias Tournament II
- Fight Night XLVIII
- Fight Night XXV
- Fight Night XV
- Fight Night (3x)
- NBL Tag Team Season 3
- Lyric Olympics
- 1-2 Punch League (3x)
- BA Tag
- NPL Roast
- Netcees Pic League

Blue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adverse View Post
Dope mag Blue, good work excited for this. Just to clarify I'm not from RB, I have no idea who Letterman is but we'll see if he even shows, my understanding is he doesn't do that very often.
My apologies Ad. If was my understanding you were one of the RB guys with a diff NC name.....sorry , well noted moving forward
-kungfugrip
Old 04-05-2020, 12:36 PM   #5
Adverse
low tide in serotonin bay

Battle Record: 37-28

Champed
- GWL Picture Challenge
- Guerrilla Writing League
- Black August II

Adverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Bayou View Post
My apologies Ad. If was my understanding you were one of the RB guys with a diff NC name.....sorry , well noted moving forward
You're fine bro, i just wanted to say that I've been outta the game awhile but I've only ever been on NC under the alias Dolla and also another small rap forum called rapnation that doesn't exist anymore
Old 04-05-2020, 01:05 PM   #6
Larkin

Battle Record: 1-2

Larkin has a brilliant futureLarkin has a brilliant futureLarkin has a brilliant futureLarkin has a brilliant futureLarkin has a brilliant futureLarkin has a brilliant futureLarkin has a brilliant futureLarkin has a brilliant futureLarkin has a brilliant futureLarkin has a brilliant futureLarkin has a brilliant future

Dope mag BB
Old 04-05-2020, 01:27 PM   #7
Barcotic
Needs no introduction

Battle Record: 29-31

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- Survivor Tournament
- Pros vs. Joes
- Key Grand Prix
- Fight Night XX
- NBL Tag Team
- NBL Picture League
- Battle Arena
- Battle Arena Pics
- BA Tag Team (2x)
- 1-2 Punch League (2x)
- BAL Battle Royale
- NPL Roast

Barcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant future

Proper
Old 04-05-2020, 01:37 PM   #8
Blue Bayou
Ukrainian Howlitzers

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- NBL Season 3
- Alias Tournament II
- Fight Night XLVIII
- Fight Night XXV
- Fight Night XV
- Fight Night (3x)
- NBL Tag Team Season 3
- Lyric Olympics
- 1-2 Punch League (3x)
- BA Tag
- NPL Roast
- Netcees Pic League

Appreciate it guys
-kungfugrip
Old 04-05-2020, 02:07 PM   #9
Zaddy
ZAAAAM

Battle Record: 6-10

Champed
- What's That?! A Cypher!

Zaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant future

good work, cool mag
Old 04-05-2020, 04:24 PM   #10
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Battle Record: 52-28

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunto View Post
good work, cool mag
Did Eddie really join the forces?
FREE PHAROAHS ARMY
Old 04-05-2020, 07:33 PM   #11
Flow
Upset Champion

Battle Record: 57-49

Accomplishments
- 50 Wins

Champed
- BA Rookie Tourney
- 1-2 Punch League (x2)
- Pandemonium Cypher
- 1-2 Punch league Season 9

Flow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant future

@Blue Bayou sign son up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabari Black View Post
Flow....that punch was disgusting. Mvgt Flow
Old 04-05-2020, 08:11 PM   #12
Barcotic
Needs no introduction

Battle Record: 29-31

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- Survivor Tournament
- Pros vs. Joes
- Key Grand Prix
- Fight Night XX
- NBL Tag Team
- NBL Picture League
- Battle Arena
- Battle Arena Pics
- BA Tag Team (2x)
- 1-2 Punch League (2x)
- BAL Battle Royale
- NPL Roast

Barcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant future

FGR is miracle @Blue Bayou
Old 04-05-2020, 10:50 PM   #13
FGR
AHHHHHHH

Battle Record: 16-17

FGR has a brilliant futureFGR has a brilliant futureFGR has a brilliant futureFGR has a brilliant futureFGR has a brilliant futureFGR has a brilliant futureFGR has a brilliant futureFGR has a brilliant futureFGR has a brilliant futureFGR has a brilliant futureFGR has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcotic View Post
FGR is miracle @Blue Bayou
Was just about to say that
Old 04-05-2020, 11:54 PM   #14
FGR
AHHHHHHH

Battle Record: 16-17

FGR has a brilliant futureFGR has a brilliant futureFGR has a brilliant futureFGR has a brilliant futureFGR has a brilliant futureFGR has a brilliant futureFGR has a brilliant futureFGR has a brilliant futureFGR has a brilliant futureFGR has a brilliant futureFGR has a brilliant future

Dope mag btw
Old 04-06-2020, 02:46 PM   #15
Allen Knight
The Bad Guys.

Battle Record: 106-34

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- Key to Greatness I
- BA Cypher Tournament
- Tag Team Tournament I
- Fight Night LXXVI
- Time to Kill V
- Fight Night LXXX
- 1-2 Punch League
- Fight Night Cypher II
- Key Grand Prix IV
- NBL Cypher (7x)
- Throwdown Cypher
- Netcees Battle League (2x)
- BA Cypher III
- Fight Night 1
- Tag Team Tournament V

Allen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond repute

Dope shit blue.
Old 04-06-2020, 02:57 PM   #16
Bomb Bard
FUCK YOU

Battle Record: 7-9

Bomb Bard has a brilliant futureBomb Bard has a brilliant futureBomb Bard has a brilliant futureBomb Bard has a brilliant futureBomb Bard has a brilliant futureBomb Bard has a brilliant futureBomb Bard has a brilliant futureBomb Bard has a brilliant futureBomb Bard has a brilliant futureBomb Bard has a brilliant futureBomb Bard has a brilliant future

Appreciate the work done here Blue.
Old 04-06-2020, 04:16 PM   #17
BodySnatcher
Hail Mary Haymakers

Battle Record: 17-7

Champed
- BAL Roast
- Battle Arena League
- BAL Season Champ

BodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant future

Salute

Last edited by Blue Bayou; 04-06-2020 at 07:04 PM.
Old 04-06-2020, 07:04 PM   #18
Blue Bayou
Ukrainian Howlitzers

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- NBL Season 3
- Alias Tournament II
- Fight Night XLVIII
- Fight Night XXV
- Fight Night XV
- Fight Night (3x)
- NBL Tag Team Season 3
- Lyric Olympics
- 1-2 Punch League (3x)
- BA Tag
- NPL Roast
- Netcees Pic League

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodySnatcher View Post
Salute

Sign in Brodie
-kungfugrip
Old 04-06-2020, 08:40 PM   #19
Aero
GOAT

Battle Record: 14-17

Champed
- Site Diss Competition
- Tag Tournament III
- Lyric Olympics
- Tag Tournament: "Omicron Variant"

Aero Aero Aero Aero Aero Aero Aero Aero Aero Aero Aero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Bayou View Post
Sign in Brodie

Is that you in the pic? You look like Iranian.

Old 04-06-2020, 08:45 PM   #20
Blue Bayou
Ukrainian Howlitzers

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- NBL Season 3
- Alias Tournament II
- Fight Night XLVIII
- Fight Night XXV
- Fight Night XV
- Fight Night (3x)
- NBL Tag Team Season 3
- Lyric Olympics
- 1-2 Punch League (3x)
- BA Tag
- NPL Roast
- Netcees Pic League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero View Post
Is that you in the pic? You look like Iranian.
Grew a beard now I'ma Bollywood Superstar
-kungfugrip