Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board

User Tag List

Old 02-09-2018, 07:33 PM   #1
The Dead Poet

The Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant future
Default Beat tape I put together.

Vol1.
basically some clips. Anyone Interested hit me up, thedeadpoet@gmail.com

http://www.mediafire.com/file/3je9zv...Tape_Vol_1.zip
Old 02-09-2018, 08:26 PM   #2
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

alone, mightve heard this before? recognise the vocal samples that came in. shit vibes ridiculous. mix is stupid clean. panning and all that shit everything feels like its got its own pocket. this is fire.

burn out the firefly, definitely heard this. still dig it. mainly the bassline sample. the 808s give this the lows but the bass melody is fire and everything else is clean.

cloud watching. some hard panning here and there. aight that was a quick one, was getting ready to say i was waiting on the main chords to change the guitar was dope and kept it moving but word im assuming you couldn't work out a breakdown/change up for it and just rocked with it as a loop.

cold stare. fire sample lol. you did your thing with the flutes and layers. the hook section is a little hectic, but i like how you transitioned out of it. then you kinda spazzed. its pretty busy but i can dig it.

cooking some shit. fuckyou. this is fire. when the shit dropped THO. but word this is dope. quick and a concept im guessing but word

etched. aightttttttt. bass is filthy and mean. electric piano sample is vibes. sax coming in nice and clean. this is fire. probably my favorite beat of yours i've heard thusfar. just a banger.

forever never seems that long until your grown, first off longest song title of all time? second off its false, forever seems to happen faster the older i get. but word i heard this a long time ago and still dig it. figured id critique the song title cuz this is too clean lol.

grey hughes. this is cool. i like the snare. i dunno. it ain't hitting me like the others. nothing really wrong with it just whateverish for me.

half steppin, this reminds me of some araab shit, the only thing really is you need them kicks slamming with each sample stab, it comes off empty sounding without them. granted it could make it sound more repetitive but i dunno, this is banger central might as well drive it home

love song, i'm not even halfway through this tape but im determined to peep all this shit. this is vibes. you got the filters on heavy, could probably bring up the key chord things during this though or something, feel its all lows and the string note, but that said i do hear the chords so i dunno. i dug it.

midnight breeze. your mixes are stupid clean. probably them faggy hihats you use lol. they work though im just trying to find shit to hate on you fuck. this was cool tho and i fuck with the sample

not sure, the doubts you had when you named this were the correct thought lol. it works but it doesn't do it for me. if i made this i would title it the same. because it works technically but doesn't wow me or anything

preach, this is dope but im hoping for a dropout of something, this feels like a hype intro/hook section. yea this could be dope. i'd just drop everything but the guitar and kick and snare for a verse and maybe build back up into it for the hook, like after 4 bars bring in another element from the hook, be it hihats or the vocal stabs etc, until your back to the hook with shit hype again. i fuck with this

BUT YO

i think im about halfway through. ima peep the rest tomorrow so i can listen in full like i did with these. don't want to start rushing them
Old 02-09-2018, 08:31 PM   #3
The Dead Poet

The Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant future

these are just mainly unfinished ideas bro. literally a tape for rappers to pick from so I'll finish them. But words thanks for checking.
Old 02-16-2018, 02:05 AM   #4
Pakistani Hand Cannon

Pakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant future

was gonna listen

but if you saying its just throwaways, i'd rather not waste my time d/l the shit

if you got any joints online, link em.
Pakistani Hand Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 07:28 AM   #5
Geno
White Earl

Battle Record: 10-15

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Geno

So if i peep this later and wanna bomb something you qould clean that up for me.to use? Havnt listenednyet mind you but uhoh giving good reviews seems really promising
Old 02-16-2018, 12:53 PM   #6
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Finnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant future

I'll try and give you some feed tonight, but I'm working all day. Always interested in how you're shitting on me still.
Finnydot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 01:45 PM   #7
Cred
The Biggest

Battle Record: 67-32

Accomplishments
- Gun Bar King

Champed
- Fight Night 3
- Fight Night 10
- Fight Night 12
- Battle Arena League

Cred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond repute

Downloaded this the other day. Will get at u via email soon @The Dead Poet
Cred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 02:37 PM   #8
The Dead Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged View Post
was gonna listen

but if you saying its just throwaways, i'd rather not waste my time d/l the shit

if you got any joints online, link em.
It's a beat tape. They're not scraps. They're skeleton ideas. That's how producers have done it forever. So rappers can pick out a beat and start writing. Then I could form the beat around what they've written.
Old 02-18-2018, 05:52 PM   #9
Pakistani Hand Cannon

Pakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant future

word word
Pakistani Hand Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 09:38 PM   #10
Incredible

Battle Record: 6-15

Incredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant future

Listened to the first 5 on my break, nice shit so far I like your use of the samples so far. Any chance you are using MIDI sounds? While they have been pretty nice overall, for some reason maybe it's my speakers but the quality of the actual instrument sounds seems a bit off/different.
Incredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 12:03 AM   #11
kannon
kickthekan

Battle Record: 9-6

Champed
- The Mic Check

kannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant future

copped.

will hit you if I get inspired.
Old 03-02-2018, 05:32 PM   #12
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Finnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant future

Just extracted them and put them in a playlist. Going through now.

Idk what order they're in, but a lot of these bass drums are crunchy. Like maybe they're clipping because of levels, but none of these mixes are very clean. LOL so I'mma just let that slide then.

On my 5th beat and this is the first sample that's caught my attention. "Cold Stare| it says. This shit is clean. I love the sample and the drums work really well.

Further listening is making me think this has been pitched a little too much. Might be what was throwing you off to where you didn't finish this. Some of these notes are clashing in my head. When you're pitching you gotta watch what key you're throwing it into. I've noticed that although my program may have a different idea of what a pitch semitone is, if you pitch in intervals of 8 in Reason it keeps the original key. Yeah, it's pitched but it comes back to the key it was in originally.

I'm digging Cooking Some shit. This is nice. I like the 808s. I can tell that snare. I could see this with more low end bass for the kicks and just take out the filtered bass. The bass line isn't very strong, so that would sound good with just some raw 808 BOOMS in there.

Etched is smooth, but the whole beat is crunchy.

LMFAO Here's the beat battle.

Scanned through the next few. MIDNIGHT BREEZE IS TIGHT, YOU SHOULDA KEPT GOING. Ohhhh... I actually want this one. lol

WTFFFFF Preach is going in toooooooooo. You just STOPPED.

Preach definitely you would wanna take the filtered bass out and just do a single low sub bass line with MAYBE a single note variation. I could see this literally just being a BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM BA BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM bass.

Piece this one out for me and I'll fuck with this FOR SURE. That's a banger.

OH NOOOOO

WTFFFF Soul Open is crazy dope too if you had different drums. The drums are fucking with me. That just needs a BOOM BAP as raw as you can make it. I want these chops too.

OOOOOH and then hook too?! FUCK YOU this shit dope.

LMFAO I did this sample once too. "Foolish Games" is nice. You went for the flute part and then vox are tight on this. I just grabbed the intro. Your chops are nice on this.

Lights down low has SERIOUS potential. But I'm not a fan of the organ for the main loop section. Just too scratchy to rap over. But the drums are nice on this.

FUCK YOU AND YOUR DIGGING SKILLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I want STRANDED, this shit GUTTERRRRRRRRRR. Yeah that's the best so far.

OOHHHH TEDDY PPPPPPP GOT POTENTIALLLLLLLL

OOOOHHHHHHHH OK THIS SHIT GOT ME HYPHEY. This shit is my favorite sample you've used. Drums are really good, but the filtering is off. If this were mixed better I could use it right now but those strings are SCRATCHING my ear drums. As dope as they are that shit's shattering the highs right now.

You LOVE them funks. I will say that, if you're holding onto all your soul samples I feel you but you've got at least 6-7 FUNK ass beats in here.

I liked like 4. LMFAO

Good shit tho.
Old 03-02-2018, 05:35 PM   #13
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Yeah, just send me the chops from Soul Open. LMFAO I'mma just shut that bitch down for you.
Old 03-03-2018, 06:55 AM   #14
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Battle Record: 28-3

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Guerrilla Writing League (2x)
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

is there a way I can listen without having to download them? like hear them individually?

the laptop is my wife and she uses it for work so I don't download anything to that ish yo name
sral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 06:56 AM   #15
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

is there a way I can listen without having to download them? like hear them individually?

the laptop is my wife and she uses it for work so I don't download anything to that ish yo name
Old 03-05-2018, 03:33 PM   #16
Mr. J
The Clown Prince

Battle Record: 35-45

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Mr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant future

You don't have a SoundCloud?
Old 03-05-2018, 05:44 PM   #17
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

https://soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez/tracks

thats his soundcloud^

alot of these ain't on there, some are though
Old 03-05-2018, 05:56 PM   #18
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

nah we want a sound cloud wth this new shit on it so we can hear it

i think that's what J means

that's what I'd prefer too
Old 03-05-2018, 07:32 PM   #19
The Dead Poet

^lol wtf haha? Figure it out dip shit. It's just a beat tape, if you don't have the means to listen it it the way I put it out move on. Otherwise there's my usual soundcloud. You don't want to listen to those either....cool, move on.
Old 03-05-2018, 11:09 PM   #20
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Lol... It's not hard to DL a zip and extract either. Then on top of that, all you do is open VLC and drag them into your playlist. Pow. I was done 2 minutes in.