Old 01-11-2018, 06:51 PM   #1
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future
Default the most cringeworthy thing ive watched recently

"comedian"

on netflix

im a huge comedy fan. i listen to wayyy to many podcasts and know way to much about this horseshit just from comedians talking to eachother for hours on end for years now. i've heard this thing mentioned but never watched it till now

i'm halfway in and its rough.

orny adams

and his personal self destruction through his own ego and how its captured is killing me lmao. its rough to watch

someone destroying their own dreams while thinking they are doing the opposite. just the arrogance and inability to see how he's coming off as the worst of all time dirt person.

its rough.

but word i thought this was just a documentary about jerry seinfeld from 2002 wtf
Old 01-11-2018, 07:15 PM   #2
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

I saw this interview bit, I don't remember who it was, my memory tells me it might have been Jim Carrey but it might have been someone else, idk. Either way it was someone way up there that did stand up for a little while when he was rather unknown. He had a mental breakdown on stage, heckled the fuck out of the crowd and ended it all with a rather sarcastic song on the piano to sweet tune of people leaving and booing like hell, the other stand up comedians etc. waiting in line to do their 20 min part or whatever didn't even say, intervene or complain because they knew what was going on. ''Oh, it's one of those days'' sort of thing. The comedian did get a standing ovation from 3 people telling him he's a God for doing what he just did tho, lol.

I don't think the link between mental health being rather bad and stand up comedians is a far fetched thought, at least not for a lot of them. Humor for a lot of people is a way to cope and being able to pick apart tough topics like some of them do (Bill Burr, Sagan, Reggie Watts, Bo Burnham, Carlin etc.) is usually shit you can only do if you've been through them and know exactly which buttons to press to find the balance between humor and reality to mix them both into a cocktail where the subject matter is the punchline while maintaining a certain respect and understanding to those that deals with them. That balance is super hard to get right unless you know exactly what you're talking about, same thing goes for society and how you process its issues.

It's not weird to me that a show about the jesters life is cringeworthy and sad. Going to check it out some time, sounds interesting.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8ozGcGJ6o
Objective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:56 PM   #3
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

yea i just finished it, its good. i was more interested in the orny adams subplot though, which they left kind of open ended, and focused back on jerry seinfeld.

but word to all the above

all comedians seem off in some form or fashion and super self critical. all the good ones at least are self critical. thats why its strange to me, hearing someone who unabashedly thinks he's the SHIT.

there are a bunch of cameos in this as well, colin quinn, chris rock, even cosby but its all in following jerry seinfeld create a new hour of material

the orny adams thing is like a spinoff story because i think he signed with jerry's manager/agent dude. he does montreal and new faces, which is basically the showcase of who's who in stand up still to this day. where all the up and comers get their TV deals and agents etc.

but yea its cool.

i refuse to watch anything with jim carrey btw. i wouldn't put that past him if it was him. im sure that andy kaufman doc is horrendously cringey too. he is just terrible to me. i don't want to tarnish the goofy dude from pet detective with him being this old guy still being spastic and weird. it sucks lol
Old 01-11-2018, 08:02 PM   #4
WRATH

Battle Record: 4-4

WRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant future

I watched the man on the moon behind the scenes thing and Jerry Lawler put hands and feets on Jim Carrey for playing too much.

For sure cringed
WRATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:08 PM   #5
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

lmao i might actually watch it now.

i heard something about jim carrey talking to kaufmans parents, IN CHARACTER as him, and apologising to them? wtf

i also tried to watch his appearance on norm macdonalds podcast and just couldnt.
Old 01-11-2018, 08:12 PM   #6
ill nik-A
Super Senior Member

Battle Record: 70-25

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- Battle Arena
- BA Picture
- Picture Battle Tournament
- Netcees Battle League (3x)
- Netcees Writers League (2x)
- Summer Classic VI
- Fall Brawl III
- Netcees Battle League Season X
- Lyric Olympics

ill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant future

The movie was fine

Last edited by ill nik-A; 01-13-2018 at 10:02 AM.
ill nik-A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:49 PM   #7
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Finnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
lmao i might actually watch it now.

i heard something about jim carrey talking to kaufmans parents, IN CHARACTER as him, and apologising to them? wtf

i also tried to watch his appearance on norm macdonalds podcast and just couldnt.
Yeah, dude swears he was possessed by Kaufman when he did that movie. It's actually a really cool documentary how they set it up. The footage was from the filming if the movie and universal held onto it for 20 years, so when he was able to make this movie it was almost irrelevant. However, if most of that shit had come out around the time of release it would have been huge. At this point his career is dead and he's a relic, but as a fan I rather enjoyed it.
Finnydot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 11:59 AM   #8
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

I am so fucking uninterested in that new andy an jim shit

andy Kauffman was an unfunny insignificant fagot and man on the moon was one of the worst movies jim carey ever made

now u want me to suffer thru deleted footage and a documentary about his obsession with andy Kauffman like fuckin why
Ghost1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 01:23 PM   #9
Geno
White Earl

Battle Record: 10-15

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Geno

bill burr is da god on there atm
Old 01-12-2018, 04:40 PM   #10
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Finnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost1 View Post
I am so fucking uninterested in that new andy an jim shit

andy Kauffman was an unfunny insignificant fagot and man on the moon was one of the worst movies jim carey ever made

now u want me to suffer thru deleted footage and a documentary about his obsession with andy Kauffman like fuckin why
Meh... You have your right to your own opinion same as everyone else, brah.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:45 PM   #11
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

thanks dude phewey I was worried my right to opinion was in question. but now....what A FUCKING RELIEF
Ghost1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:44 PM   #12
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Quote:
thanks dude phewey I was worried my right to opinion was in question. but now....what A FUCKING RELIEF
I get it now, what up bags?
Old 01-12-2018, 07:30 PM   #13
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

yea i agree with being uninterested in it lol

but yo geno

what are you referring to? netflix in general? bill burr is a beast. his standup got a little old to me though. its just the same over and over lol. still amazing though

but im a weirdo. i enjoy standup comedians more than every other type of entertainer. i just don't care for stand up that much lmao. going in person kind of ruined me. because its dope being there. but sitting at home watching it i just get bored pretty quick, and everything is oversaturated, and everyone puts out too much material.

all that said, in the past week i've watched 3 full specials. both of chappelles new shit, and i just watched tom seguras new shit that dropped today. in full.

most of the time i'll watch for 10 minutes or so and just turn it off. i can be fans of the people and still lose interest.

i think podcasts spoiled me to be honest.

im high as shit on coffee and sleep deprived and this post is only going to get longer. so if you haven't punched out yet, you are a G.

but yea its just the on the spot funny shit, off the top quick shit, and things being commented on currently. not something that is being worked on and fleshed out for a year plus

i also gravitate toward podcasts and radio where its silly and the goal is to be funny in them. not just rogan type borefests where a roided out pseudo intellectual tries to espouse horse shit to actually funny people lol. i like rogan too. just not on his own show.

but word im bored waiting on some shit to download. long post over
Old 01-12-2018, 07:34 PM   #14
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Quote:
Lmao

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 07:36 PM   #15
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

@uh-oh took too many drugs in his youth and now he finds it almost impossible to get truly excited about anything, even if he really likes it, its just a feeling of 'meh, OK then'

Or maybe that's just me.

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 09:16 AM   #16
Geno
White Earl

Battle Record: 10-15

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Geno

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
yea i agree with being uninterested in it lol

but yo geno

what are you referring to? netflix in general? bill burr is a beast. his standup got a little old to me though. its just the same over and over lol. still amazing though

but im a weirdo. i enjoy standup comedians more than every other type of entertainer. i just don't care for stand up that much lmao. going in person kind of ruined me. because its dope being there. but sitting at home watching it i just get bored pretty quick, and everything is oversaturated, and everyone puts out too much material.

all that said, in the past week i've watched 3 full specials. both of chappelles new shit, and i just watched tom seguras new shit that dropped today. in full.

most of the time i'll watch for 10 minutes or so and just turn it off. i can be fans of the people and still lose interest.

i think podcasts spoiled me to be honest.

im high as shit on coffee and sleep deprived and this post is only going to get longer. so if you haven't punched out yet, you are a G.

but yea its just the on the spot funny shit, off the top quick shit, and things being commented on currently. not something that is being worked on and fleshed out for a year plus

i also gravitate toward podcasts and radio where its silly and the goal is to be funny in them. not just rogan type borefests where a roided out pseudo intellectual tries to espouse horse shit to actually funny people lol. i like rogan too. just not on his own show.

but word im bored waiting on some shit to download. long post over

Ya was referring to netflix in general. Ive watches a few dudes and came accross bill burr i was wow man. This dude touches on some hairy subjects but he fucking nailes it. Hes funny as fuck. My favorite comedian atm. Other than him idk who to suggest.

I made it all the way through post Btw.. Im a savage lolol

Last edited by Geno; 01-13-2018 at 09:19 AM.
Geno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:18 PM   #17
Enbombz
Not Joog

Battle Record: 9-5

Enbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant future

The pre Connor money fight, promotional shit was some of the cringiest shit I've seen in a while
Enbombz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wrath is garbage