Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > AOWL Season 3 Archive
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 06:33 PM   #41
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Battle Record: 22-24

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Zen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant future

I remember the good ole days when each weeks predictions thread was all about drugs. I know none of the bands mentioned so I can't comment on it, but Fig stupid.
Old 03-03-2014, 06:34 PM   #42
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, Zenland. How are your drugs going?
Old 03-03-2014, 06:38 PM   #43
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Zen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant future

They're fine. Thanks Certain. I was beginning to feel left out.
Old 03-03-2014, 06:43 PM   #44
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Champed
- AOWL Season 3

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

We're an inclusive community.
Old 03-03-2014, 06:43 PM   #45
Just Write

Battle Record: 9-12

Just Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenland View Post
I remember the good ole days when each weeks predictions thread was all about drugs. I know none of the bands mentioned so I can't comment on it, but Fig stupid.
I LOVE DRUGS!
Old 03-03-2014, 06:47 PM   #46
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certain View Post
We're an inclusive community.
True dat...I think. So how is your music, Certain?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Write View Post
I LOVE DRUGS!
DRUGS LOVE ME!
Old 03-03-2014, 06:48 PM   #47
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Champed
- AOWL Season 3

My music is going well. You have not heard of Neil Young? His music goes well with drugs.

Old 03-03-2014, 06:52 PM   #48
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Neil Young is a god among men. I think I'll listen to him stoned tonight and write a verse that makes sense for the first time in months. Certain with the assist.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:11 PM   #49
Just Write

Just Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant futureJust Write has a brilliant future

So much anticipation for the mag! That's the best part of the league imo. At least my favorite part
Old 03-03-2014, 07:15 PM   #50
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Champed
- Art of Writing League

I like it when mags have me in it. It makes my ego feel good.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:17 PM   #51
EÅ‹g
rhyme capsule.

EÅ‹g EÅ‹g EÅ‹g EÅ‹g EÅ‹g EÅ‹g EÅ‹g EÅ‹g EÅ‹g EÅ‹g EÅ‹g

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo Oats View Post
Not I. I've barely listened to aceyalone
A Book of Human Language is worth a spin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certain View Post
You have not heard of Neil Young?
recommend me some. or three albums to begin with? or something. my tastes are eclectic but i hit walls with artists who have extensive catalogues. it's stifling. i have an unbelievable amount of frank zappa material which i just refuse to dive into.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:29 PM   #52
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Champed
- AOWL Season 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EÅ‹g View Post
recommend me some. or three albums to begin with? or something. my tastes are eclectic but i hit walls with artists who have extensive catalogues. it's stifling. i have an unbelievable amount of frank zappa material which i just refuse to dive into.
Well, you have to start with the early stuff with Neil Young because it's his best, most consistent work and because it's the early stuff.

Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere (1969) is my favorite of his albums. After the Gold Rush (1970) is his most critically revered (though he has at least four albums vying for that title). And Harvest (1972) is his most popular. Those are his second, third and fourth solo albums. (His self-titled solo debut was uneven.)

When you get through those, On the Beach (1974), Tonight's the Night (1975) and Rust Never Sleeps (1979) are strong representations of his middle period. On the Beach is viewed on the same level as the first three I named, though I think it's a step behind. There's a few more in the late 1980s and early 1990s that I'm not very familiar with that draw plentiful praise.

But I am more familiar with the stuff from the past decade or so, and I really like Prairie Wind (2005) and Le Noise (2010).
Old 03-03-2014, 07:36 PM   #53
EÅ‹g
rhyme capsule.

EÅ‹g EÅ‹g EÅ‹g EÅ‹g EÅ‹g EÅ‹g EÅ‹g EÅ‹g EÅ‹g EÅ‹g EÅ‹g

much obliged. i'll note those and start with the first three.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:39 PM   #54
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Champed
- AOWL Season 3

Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere is in my all-time top 20.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:29 PM   #55
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Champed
- AOWL Season 3

He wasn't hurt, if you're wondering.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:37 PM   #56
Mike Wrecka
WOW

Battle Record: 29-25

Champed
- Writing Challenge League I

Mike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant future

I legit thought you were talking about Neil Diamond for the last page or so
Old 03-03-2014, 08:45 PM   #57
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Champed
- AOWL Season 3

Now you're just messing with me.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:49 PM   #58
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Certain what paper do you write for? I wanna read it. You're a walking encyclopedia of music.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:55 PM   #59
Just Write

@Zenland, don't let that faggot in the OM talk down to you. You're better than him. Let him know son
Old 03-03-2014, 08:55 PM   #60
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Champed
- AOWL Season 3

@Zenland, I don't write about music.

Tags
belfast > dublin, bombing irish cars, craig ferguson is a god, cross eyed oriental, fuck ireland. fuck its people., fuck leprechauns, gaelic is gay, irishmen rape drunk foxes, no irish allowed, no. irish. allowed., s.o.a fucked irish, scottish>>>irish, watch leprechauns fuck, what does the witty say?, witty gay for ydk, witty got kicked outta atr, witty is actually scottish, witty wants ydk penis