Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > 1-2 Punch League > 1-2 Archive

User Tag List

Old 02-21-2020, 12:29 PM   #1
Saint
Scream

Battle Record: 63-35

Accomplishments
- 50 Wins

Champed
- BA Picture Roast
- Battle Royale Tournament
- NBL Pic Roast
- Netcees Battle League
- NBL Season 11
- HoT Roast
- BAL Roast
- Tag Team Tourney
- NBL Barcotic Cypher
- SOL Pic Roast
- BA Tag
- XXXtentacion Roast
- 1-2 LR Champ

Saint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant futureSaint has a brilliant future
Default Week 6 Mini-Mag: The Halfway Point

WEEK 6 1-2 MAG: THE HALFWAY POINT

With Inno and Lars

INTRO
Mini-Mag. We're halfway til the playoffs take way. Had a Spotlight and LR Mini Tourney just finish as of writing this intro. Props to Hab & Sharp for winning those. That's really all I got right now. Also, the dems debate was a fun watch hope some of yall caught it this past week. But thanks for voting. RIP Pop Smoke.

Let's get to it...

SPOTLIGHT/LR REVIEWS (by Lars and Inno)

Review: Props to showing to this battle. The league's only as good as the activity by dropping verses. It was heated. After all was said and done there seemed to be a clear winner.

Sharp vs Habitat

This spotlight match escalated quickly after the ‘ass under / asunder’ wordplay used by Habitat the week prior. I personally had no problem with it and thought it was pretty good, but Sharp took umbrage with its pronunciation and thus an almighty clash of the titans was set to do down at sunset under a cloud of wordplay related witticisms. I don’t vote on battles I’m mentioned in, but I read both verses (as I had intended to vote on it). I expected Habitat to go into this battle ready to die on his field, using more of his asunder/ass under style wordplay to reinforce his point that it worked and possibly feeling he had something to prove by beating Sharp with the same style he had ridiculed. I thought Sharp’s approach to this would be a more comedic attack, using the ammunition Hab had provided to his full advantage. I think it was largely correct in my assessment of them both here, especially around Habitat’s “aurora dream”, “Habendum” and “exigent” lines. He felt he had a point to prove, if only to himself, and while I think the approach wasn’t the correct one for him here as it played into Sharp’s hand, I can completely relate to him wanting to stick to his guns. I wasn’t such a fan of ‘aurora dream’ and ‘exigent’ in truth but Habendum is a fire wordplay. Sharp came as I thought he would too, straight into the angled attack on how Habitat digs up these archaic words to unearth wordplay. I see you with the use of “you’se” in that line Sharp, don’t worry. Of all the lines in the verse, the “if you wanna know what ass sounds like, try reading your bars out loud” was probably my favourite from Sharp. It has an underrated simplicity to it I really like, voters seemed to enjoy Sharp’s verse more and he ended up taking the (deserved) win here.

Lightning Rounds
First Rounds By Inno

Blue vs Adverse
Ok so this one was one sided as blue ended up winning decisively with a name flip that the voters seemed to fuck with. Adverse dropped a decent bar, it had a good concept it was just worded bad which gave blue the advantage.

Ryno vs FGR
Aa other one sided match seeing FGR take the majority of the votes with a slick flip that was wondered crisp and hit harsh. Rynos bar was a current even flip on the Astros which was cool honestly nothing wrong with it for me. I think ry just got taken by a better punch. Good match.

Habitat vs Kill Spree
Ok so kill spree had a bar I honestly didn’t understand. I’m thinking he stumble with the wording meant to say something else. Hab had a dope flip I mean that was pretty clever tbh. Probably the best flip I’ve seen hab do this season. Well done pretty easily won by hab here I think spree was drunk.

Flow vs Slecht
Ok so flow dropped a cool punch going after this niggahs bae, nice work flow. Any way prettt decent flip he almost lost it with the wording though. Voters agreed flow has dropped better. Slechtq has a decent bar as well although his wording was worse than flows and so they have flow the opening to take the w in the voters eyes. Good bar fellas.

R2: FGR vs Blue Bayou

In somewhat of an upset, FGR was victorious over Blue Bayou in this Lightening Round semi final. I loved the wordplay in Blue’s line with Anita Ward/ a knee toward but I wasn’t overly keen on the rest of the line, I think the wording probably hurt this one a little for him this week which is unusual to say about Blue to be honest. FGR has been in a good run of form, running into an Innovator that has also been on a good run of late in his most recent loss where he was unlucky. In truth, I much favoured Blue’s Anita Ward play over FGR’s “armet” here - largely for similar reasons as I preferred Sharp’s over Habitat’s, but FGR has worked hard and shown up for everything of recent taking scalps with him along the way so I’m not mad he won. Blue shouldn’t be either.

R2: Flow vs Habitat

In the second semi finals of the LR 1-2 Punch Tourney, Flow managed to DQ himself for editing his line slightly after the first vote had been cast. For my money, I don’t think the alteration would have affected the line a great deal (nor the end result) and I think Habitat may have taken this one regardless if it had gone down to votes as originally intended. It sets us up nicely for a Habitat vs FGR finals, both heavily wordplay orientated styles and those make for good fights - so I’m looking forward to seeing that one go down!

BOTW REVIEW-

Blue Bayou vs Cashius
Goood close match here the consensus was Blues was cleaner & had a current event that felt fresher than the Blue/Robin nameflip/scheme Cash went for. Props bc the tie ins were good, just too many words and syllables in the setup which led to him getting edged by Blue. It almost payed off but Tackos got the W here.

Blue Bayou:
Quote:
let’s talk about that fat whore you date..

too many fries n’ some nachos got her ass the size of morocco
it’s sad Cash…Aaron Gordon himself doesn’t get as big a rise over Tacko’s
Cashius:
Quote:
I laugh when Mr. Canada says he dumps clips from the desi...He’s GOTTA be tweaked in the head
Only time we’ll see Blue Shells hittin’ the ground when a ‘bird open up’ is when a robin is leavin’ an egg
Winner = Blue

No Show Shine

Quote:
coming soon to theaters

Incs wife sucks cock & makes this cuck watch my kids drop on her too
Then shout!....when she goes 'Down in Front' of you while head's alllll in your view - INF

WEEK 6 PREVIEWS:

Champ: Innovator vs Blue Bayou
Inno has been surprising lately but I think Blue is the favorite here especially coming off beating Cashius. Inno can still bring a good bar so no telling what he has in mind. They both know eachother so who knows. It will be good though & be personal.

Contenders: Plot vs Slecht
Both are a toss up tbh. Over the season Plot has impressed more while slecht can be more hit or miss. Imma have to predict Plot puts up a better bar last minute here bc slecht has been posting early lately & had closer matches. This is pretty split down the middle for me at their best. Both solid.

Flow vs Adverse
Lol. Haven't read the thread yet but gl brother.

Cashius Vs FGR
Interesting battle, I would say this one looks closer going by record on paper but second thought I think Cash has this given last weeks & going by the LR match which FGR lost. FGR may or may not bring a wordplay most aren't feeling. Cash had an over worded concept last week imo but if he has the wording this week which I think he will cleanup, it is his battle bc the punch was good. 65/35. FGR is actually a very cool read however he got dealt one of the most dangerous dudes this week.

Obey vs Habitat
One is already up. I don't want to say nothing as not to potentially sway as I've read the bar.

Barcotic VS Ouch
Lol, one things for sure they'll be swaying or paragraphs after or possibly during the battle. Ouch isn't wack he just has that old school feel to his bars. Concepts need some tweaking for the current era. Barcotic had an easy win last week w/ a clean sweep vs pen prick. He's been at this for a good minute here an on rb could see him being in champ match if he doesn't do any uterus pond stuff. Ouch is, well Ouch... stuck in believing his bars should be getting more love. I think Barc has it 70/30 but the aftermath should be fun regardless.

Ryno vs INF
Ryno is a solid dude. Had a cool bar last week & assuming he shows should make it a battle. Gl. A few felt infs bar was good last week, so we'll see what happens.

Machete Jo vs Kill Spree
Is Kill still showing? I've not seen him post on time iirc. I know he's in RBs tourney so maybe that's why. Anyway Machete will make this a match coming off a no show too. I think if both show I can't really call it clearly. DB has wit for sure & that topical vet vocabulary while KS been had concepts but may have wording issues or rush a bar here n there. Imma say Machete edges this one.

Vapeo vs Chemist
Chemist was substandard when he first joined, think he improved but can't recall his recent loss. Oh I think to Adverse in a tight match. Vapeo hasn't dropped anything eye catching as of yet. Pretty sure Chem dropped some decent shit vs Inf based off what I saw. Tbh I got Chem here edging.

Sinacog vs Pen Prick
Sin dropped. Woopty woooo dah bang bang. Nah really who gives af

THROWBACK 1-2 BATTLES:

Bleak vs Cashius
I'll bodyslam ur corpse fgt. b's got the Pumphandle/this guy is a fairy.
showing you true POWER.bombs hit'n ur crib got u in a Fireman's Carry

Yo, in that pic battle...

...we seen them man boobs, release the damn spoon...that shit is the worst
Guarantee all your clothes fit tight as shit...but you still a dude who be ‘Swimmin’ in shirts’

Winner = Cash

Destroyer vs Flow
Let’s throw hands like men just to be fair cuz...
des gonna put flow to the kanvas like he got a lesbian haircut

Old age left u witta*shrivelled*dick - feel for who you married
She hasnt pulled something that small an limp out of her since she miscarried

Winner = Flow

Amen vs Burd
Yeeeeshh!! those bars u be pennin as bizarre as ya women
I told u ‘lockdown the Mechanics’, not marry a chick who fix cars for a living

This faggot’s soft no heart, when I pull up the guns’ll spark,
Fuck*Burd*emotions, 2 shots’ll put’em in a deeper hole – No under par.

Winner = Burd

INF vs Bodysnatcher
I'ma leave u w/ bonus features. Strap gotta 3-round burst effect,
Arm extended but the gun so big I need an extra pair of hands...birth defect

1-2's easy as buckle my shoe.

We know body's short. I'll come thru like Freddy rip apart ur core
5'6 talm bout ya Pick up Sticks. In reality u'd go back to 3'4 & Lock ur Door

Winner = INF

Interview Corner

The coffee shop basement w/ Blue Bayou

How do you feel about the current state of the league, anyone you wish would sign back in or show up?"

BB: Everyone is trash. These half syllable multis are making me sick. Vote Blue.

Explain your tension w/ Ouch. He feels he'll be in a champ match at some point. Would you give him any pointers on how to improve or to become a functioning NC member?

BB: LOL @ champ match. He should aim lower & have a goal like "form a coherent sentance one per day" . Anyways he out of the blue made a discussion post or two talking about me and going on about how he won a few battles in 1999 like anyone gives a fuck. I wouldn't mind the shit talk if he didn't back it up with trash Kobe bars and ezboard worded played nameplays.

What would you like to see happen in the 1-2? Possibly a tag tournament or a lead into a regular NBL?

BB:Just keep it going as it is. Voting, whether k agree with a lot of what is being said or not, voting turnout is strong and that's most important to keep leagues moving these days. Tourneys and PPvs are a bad idea. Sharp has mentioned doing more but they won't get votes. 1-2 should turn into the NBL for the newer crowd and guys new to NC.

Why is Cashius a dangerous opponent? You won but do you think it will motivate him to bounce back & champ?

BB: Cashius is one of the very best. Some ppl have called out his wording/flow lately I think I remember seeing which I find laughable. He's dangerous because he's hard to have personals on, he lurks in the shadows and does his research , but most of all because he's just usually got dope fresh concepts with a varied attack.

How do you feel about the difference between RB & NC? Anything you've noticed about the style clash & how it's affected outcome?

BB: think they're more a like then they've ever been actually. RB isn't what it was in 05/09. Seen a lot of wordplay on NC recently with a reluctance for witty misdirection bars. Both sites are pretty accepting of gunbars I would say. Its good a lot of the RB guys have come over , activity needs it and they are pretty good dudes that show and actively vote.

Last edited by Saint; 02-21-2020 at 02:31 PM.
Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 01:07 PM   #2
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

Well done props fellas
Inno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 01:17 PM   #3
Habitat
Make my day

Battle Record: 8-6

Champed
- 1-2 LR Tournament

Habitat has a brilliant futureHabitat has a brilliant futureHabitat has a brilliant futureHabitat has a brilliant futureHabitat has a brilliant futureHabitat has a brilliant futureHabitat has a brilliant futureHabitat has a brilliant futureHabitat has a brilliant futureHabitat has a brilliant futureHabitat has a brilliant future

dope mag. good shit @Sharp .. your comprehension of the English language is still trash though
Old 02-21-2020, 01:24 PM   #4
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Battle Record: 56-21

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Sharp has disabled reputation

Your wordplay is worse

Good job not swaying
Sharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 01:28 PM   #5
Habitat
Make my day

Champed
- 1-2 LR Tournament

Habitat has a brilliant futureHabitat has a brilliant futureHabitat has a brilliant futureHabitat has a brilliant futureHabitat has a brilliant futureHabitat has a brilliant futureHabitat has a brilliant futureHabitat has a brilliant futureHabitat has a brilliant futureHabitat has a brilliant futureHabitat has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp View Post
Your wordplay is worse

Good job not swaying
good job swaying in your punch that talked shit about my swaying lmao hypocrite

my wordplay is fine. you're just not worldly
Old 02-21-2020, 01:36 PM   #6
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Battle Record: 19-8

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League Season 6

Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen

Of course blue doesn’t wish I’d sign back in. That will devour his hopes and dreams of champing again.

I feel you, my brother.

Swimming in shirts bar was dope, also lmfao.
Amen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 01:49 PM   #7
Habitat
Make my day

Champed
- 1-2 LR Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amen View Post
Of course blue doesn’t wish I’d sign back in. That will devour his hopes and dreams of champing again.

I feel you, my brother.

shut the fuck up you goddamn noodle factory. blue will destroy you.
Old 02-21-2020, 01:58 PM   #8
Blue Bayou
Ukrainian Howlitzers

Battle Record: 41-24

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- NBL Season 3
- Alias Tournament II
- Fight Night XLVIII
- Fight Night XXV
- Fight Night XV
- Fight Night (3x)
- Netcees Battle League (4x)
- NBL Tag Team Season 3
- Lyric Olympics
- 1-2 Punch League (3x)
- Battle Arena League (2x)
- Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2
- BA Tag
- NPL Roast
- Netcees Pic League

Blue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant future

Quote:

I feel you, my brother.

When and where were you even brought up?
-kungfugrip
Blue Bayou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 02:01 PM   #9
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitat View Post
good job swaying in your punch that talked shit about my swaying lmao hypocrite

my wordplay is fine. you're just not worldly
I swayed... By making a punch about you swaying? Your wordplay makes me wish the US never exported hip hop to Canada. Sorry blue but with this uh sunder my belt I need a new Canadian to talk shit with
Old 02-21-2020, 02:04 PM   #10
Habitat
Make my day

Champed
- 1-2 LR Tournament

Quote:
I swayed... By making a punch about you swaying? Your wordplay makes me wish the US never exported hip hop to Canada. Sorry blue but with this uh sunder my belt I need a new Canadian to talk shit with
you talked about me swaying then in your next bar swayed in my open battle.

and ass under works perfectly. not sure why you're still trying talk shit about that wordplay.
Old 02-21-2020, 02:07 PM   #11
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

lol yeah that bar sucked

That uh sunder par for you
Old 02-21-2020, 02:17 PM   #12
Habitat
Make my day

Champed
- 1-2 LR Tournament

Quote:
lol yeah that bar sucked

That uh sunder par for you
people with much more skill than you disagree. im sorry facts make you emotional
Old 02-21-2020, 02:33 PM   #13
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Can't this all just be water sunder the bridge?
Old 02-21-2020, 02:35 PM   #14
Habitat
Make my day

Champed
- 1-2 LR Tournament

Quote:
Can't this all just be water sunder the bridge?
I wish it could but it's all ice in canada so people could easily walk all over a peace treaty
Old 02-21-2020, 02:54 PM   #15
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Champed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Bayou View Post
When and where were you even brought up?
I wasn’t. Hence my response, guy.

“Of course blue doesn’t wish I’d sign back in”

Lol?
Old 02-21-2020, 03:11 PM   #16
Blue Bayou
Ukrainian Howlitzers

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- NBL Season 3
- Alias Tournament II
- Fight Night XLVIII
- Fight Night XXV
- Fight Night XV
- Fight Night (3x)
- NBL Tag Team Season 3
- Lyric Olympics
- 1-2 Punch League (3x)
- BA Tag
- NPL Roast
- Netcees Pic League

Blue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant future

Quote:
I wasn’t. Hence my response, guy.

“Of course blue doesn’t wish I’d sign back in”

Lol?
Alright let's get this 30 over with ...
-kungfugrip
Old 02-21-2020, 03:16 PM   #17
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Champed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Bayou View Post
Alright let's get this 30 over with ...
Make it 90, and I’ll show....

.... sike.
Old 02-21-2020, 03:21 PM   #18
Blue Bayou
Ukrainian Howlitzers

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- NBL Season 3
- Alias Tournament II
- Fight Night XLVIII
- Fight Night XXV
- Fight Night XV
- Fight Night (3x)
- NBL Tag Team Season 3
- Lyric Olympics
- 1-2 Punch League (3x)
- BA Tag
- NPL Roast
- Netcees Pic League

Quote:
Make it 90, and I’ll show...

.... sike.
I dropped the 90

Check in and match PUSSY
-kungfugrip
Old 02-21-2020, 05:07 PM   #19
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitat View Post
I wish it could but it's all ice in canada so people could easily walk all over a peace treaty
Damn, stay warm. it's too cold for my uh sunder like 40 degrees Fahrenheit
Old 02-21-2020, 05:11 PM   #20
Habitat
Make my day

Champed
- 1-2 LR Tournament

Quote:
Damn, stay warm. it's too cold for my uh sunder like 40 degrees Fahrenheit
Lmao this guy