Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Open Mic Section

User Tag List

Old 01-23-2013, 11:06 AM   #1
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Battle Record: 22-24

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Zen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant future
Default ZenLand

Do You Ever Feel Like....

Breakin necks and snatchin purses and takin techs and blastin persons
And creatin sets for mass insurgents to start drastic purges
To smash the courage of Heaven's sects by crashin churches
No time to yearn the loss cuz I'm burnin mosques and turnin the cross
On it's head, God is dead, It's time for the return of the boss
No more words thats false or being concerned with loss
No more hopin for riches while the poor cope in ditches
Shit, Cover Wall Street with ferns and moss
Eternal Garden startin, ZenLand's open for business

Here, There's no downtrodden's pleas. Here, We all got what we need
Here, There's no cops we're freed. Here, we're not locked by greed

So break the chains and take the reins, Take aim and spray their brains,
They ain't usin 'em anyway and anyday they'll place the blame on you for things they "can't change"
Like the war on crime that they pour in our mind, When the CIA is main damn gang
They betray our needs, They want you to pray and plead
Well I ain't gonna rephrase my speech, Because one day we'll meet
And I'll slay those peeps with proud scholars turned to brave soldiers
They say we're free when the founding fathers were slaveholders

Fuck 'em
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:38 AM   #2
Nice

Nice Nice Nice Nice Nice Nice Nice Nice Nice Nice Nice

Breakin necks and snatchin purses and takin techs and blastin personsAnd creatin sets for mass insurgents to start drastic purgesTo smash the courage of Heaven's sects by crashin churches

First three lines were insane, super dope content and flow.. Kinda fell of till midway through the second verse. I dont think ive really read to much from you but i will definitely peep ur next piece. Stay up
Nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:40 AM   #3
Hush
NJ Devil

Battle Record: Who Cares

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Hush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant future

You can rhyme words, congrats. No content so I didn't enjoy.
Hush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:16 PM   #4
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Zen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant future

I can rhyme words thank you, but I think there's allot of content here but that's your opinion. Appreciate the feedback from both of yall
Old 01-23-2013, 01:26 PM   #5
Camp Bell

Battle Record: 10-18

Camp Bell Camp Bell Camp Bell Camp Bell Camp Bell Camp Bell Camp Bell Camp Bell Camp Bell Camp Bell Camp Bell

...there was mad content here...

and it was dope, the first part was the better of the two.
the multis were sick and it had the best quotes.
i'd say these were my faves...

Old 01-24-2013, 12:01 PM   #6
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Appreciate the feed campbell
Old 01-24-2013, 07:51 PM   #7
BR Joe

BR Joe is on a distinguished road

I quoted my favorite lines. I saw the story you were telling but it kinda bored me a bit. the rhyming was fun to follow and I liked the hook but it's not something I'd reread.
BR Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:47 PM   #8
dead man
living

Battle Record: 33-18

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- AOWL Season 1
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 4
- Write Week V
- GWL Season 1

dead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant future

this was the part i most recalled after reading this a few days ago. this verse completely juxtaposed with your name in a real way lol. war for peace? but yeah man i was digging this simply from the bit of viciousness you opened with, but it never really reached that peak again for me in term of pure lyricism

solid way to close this out. in a day and age where this is such common knowledge though, or at least the normative belief among anyone who usually comes through these parts.. its almost like preaching to the choir at a certain point you know? i have no problem with the subject matter itself but the way you discuss it has to be interesting enough to really make a statement that doesn't just reinforce an idea but inspires a new one.

keep on man. thanks for this.
dead man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:08 AM   #9
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead man View Post

this was the part i most recalled after reading this a few days ago. this verse completely juxtaposed with your name in a real way lol. war for peace? but yeah man i was digging this simply from the bit of viciousness you opened with, but it never really reached that peak again for me in term of pure lyricism

solid way to close this out. in a day and age where this is such common knowledge though, or at least the normative belief among anyone who usually comes through these parts.. its almost like preaching to the choir at a certain point you know? i have no problem with the subject matter itself but the way you discuss it has to be interesting enough to really make a statement that doesn't just reinforce an idea but inspires a new one.

keep on man. thanks for this.
I'm glad you noticed that shit in there since "ZenLand" in itself is one big fuckin irony since Zen is being complacent and without possessions and the Land implying ownership. That's life basically one big fuckin irony right? Haha but appreciate the feed Joe and Deadman
Old 01-29-2013, 07:19 PM   #10
Split

Battle Record: 27-22

Split has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond repute

pretty cool. thought only noticable hiccup was where you placed "ferns and moss"

They betray our needs, They want you to pray and plead
Well I ain't gonna rephrase my speech, Because one day we'll meet

that was dope, strongly worded. might not be perfect or the strongest content, but there were some good quotes mixed in that show you'll improve quick. at least it's your own words, more than i can say for some people..

and I like the concept behind it. maybe throw in some more complex multis to make it feel more tied together from line to line, like the schemes were landing really hard on meet/need/ those single syllable rhymes

keep keyin dude, I'll be looking for future drops
Old 01-29-2013, 08:38 PM   #11
Mike Wrecka
WOW

Battle Record: 29-25

Champed
- Writing Challenge League I

Mike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant future

ya no doubt Zen. this was cool. I was really feelin the first section, a little more than the second. ur use of multis was nice. then you kinda went away from it a little. but ya I enjoyed reading this. that ferns and moss line did seem very oddly placed. but ya good stuff dude.
Mike Wrecka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:47 PM   #12
Dove Dozer
loose leaf bruce lee

Battle Record: 7-6

Dove Dozer has a brilliant futureDove Dozer has a brilliant futureDove Dozer has a brilliant futureDove Dozer has a brilliant futureDove Dozer has a brilliant futureDove Dozer has a brilliant futureDove Dozer has a brilliant futureDove Dozer has a brilliant futureDove Dozer has a brilliant futureDove Dozer has a brilliant futureDove Dozer has a brilliant future

I thought this was dope. Some sick flow..which i usually ignore with lines as long but you made it work. It felt freestylish to me as i read it, as in the flow, but yo the content was niiice. I was diggin this man.. id say shorten your lines a bit, but id have to hear how you flow this. Feel me? Keep droppin this stuff bruh.
Dove Dozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 02:56 PM   #13
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

Come back to us @Zen
Inno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 11:09 PM   #14
Exis

Battle Record: 3-3

Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis

Flames bro...Your multies are off the hook, thought your opener & closer were def highlights imo...Middle section was just really clean man.

Stay upwards.
Exis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 01:28 AM   #15
Pharaohs Army
Banned

Battle Record: 6 - 14

Pharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant future

i liked later Zen works better
Pharaohs Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 10:49 PM   #16
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

Hush had the most accurate criticism in this thread.

This is a ghost thread, re-upped. It's interesting (OH IS IT) to see the growth of one of the best writers on this site, from this. It's good, in terms of rhyming and pace and rhyming and pace. The best Zen pieces were so caustic and personal, occasionally touching on the mechanical nature, with rhymes, of something like this. Interesting (OH IS IT) to read in retrospect.
And the ditch in the back road stop
Could you find me?
PancakeBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 09:22 PM   #17
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Champed
- Art of Writing League

zen's dead, baby. zen's dead.
Old 10-01-2019, 10:27 PM   #18
NYCSPITZ
SYRACUSE

Battle Record: 31-37

Champed
- Write Night II
- Alias Topical Tournament

NYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen View Post
I'm glad you noticed that shit in there since "ZenLand" in itself is one big fuckin irony since Zen is being complacent and without possessions and the Land implying ownership. That's life basically one big fuckin irony right? Haha but appreciate the feed Joe and Deadman
Did you just say zen is complacent?
Old 10-01-2019, 10:37 PM   #19
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCSPITZ View Post
Did you just say zen is complacent?
i was young and very stupid, i have no clue what the hell i was on about.