Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board

User Tag List

Old 08-22-2019, 07:09 PM   #101
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Finnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant future

Oh yeah... they shat on your audio quality.

This beat is dope tho. I like the horns a lot. Your hats are fucking ridiculous too...

FUCKIN HELL MAN! How many chops you got on this fucker?

I don't hear a single click or jump in any of your chops either.

This shit is dope.

And I'll get back on the Discord too.
Finnydot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 08:09 PM   #102
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

word if you're around this weekend i'll up some sample snippets and shit we can collab and or just fuck around, send shit back and forth while working etc

sharp helped me figure out the piano progressions on this one.

https://vocaroo.com/i/s067wdDrSytD

again the quality got raped by that site, i can barely hear the piano, probably means i gotta up them in the mix either way tho. but word being able to chat live and up snippets direct to discord helped me flesh that out. it was gonna be a failure

the original sample had the piano and guitar and flutes, but being able to play along with the piano i was able to drop shit out etc and still have piano going even tho the sample didn't have open piano chops

but word i got a bunch of shit on deck you could probably mess with. saturday or something hop on the discord if your around trying to bang shit out
Old 08-22-2019, 09:24 PM   #103
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Finnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant future

That shit is tight. The piano i could play a million riffs exactly like that if you want. I also think that you are almost too good at what you do rn. Youve got an exact style,you like, which is dope. Youre literally the closest i know to an amateur Primo or Alchemist. Youre almost too similar to them, if that makes any sense. And you KNOW I love Primo.

But dig it...

I CANNOT for the life of me get that certain "bounce" if you will that is super popular. I can get close, and have gotten better. I will put the bass drums EXACTLY where other people do but literally pitching the 808s to a KEY is a problem for me. Plus, I understand 1/64 1/32 1/16 and 1/8 and EVEN 1/32T 1/16T blah blah blah, but I can't PLAY that rhythm. If that makes any sense. YOU can listen to a rhytm and dissect it perfectly.

I have been trying to flip samples more recently that are far simpler but i CANNOT blend the east/southern shit like a Big KRIT. Grabbing a soul sample, i listen to the drums and i have to layer it with a Boom Bap because thats where the original drums were... It limits my ability to play with it... You know?

Ive got TONS of beat starters where ive chopped and sequenced the melody but my drums are just so.... On point? Idk how to explain it.

If i went in on another collab with you i wanna push you out your comfort zone. It doesnt HAVE to be southern/trap but I want you out of the 80-90 bpm up to the 140-150 range (yes, i knoq thats 70s really) but I feel like you could get MORE intricate. I wanna throw you some SUPER lows that will BREAK subs and have you throw some gritty mass live drums that make the shit SHMACK.

Im not as good at digging but i know how to build melodies and harmonies in ways that i can get TONE-WISE what I want, but its hard to find the right sounds to blend. Ill work on getting some new sounds, my shit has been needed to be updated for a while.

But check it... Imma throw up some loops, just bare bone failures that maybe we can flesh out.

Maybe we could get like a 4 producer project going with Peezy and Sharp?

Holy Fuck I just thought about that.... Weve done beat battles but what would a beat sound like with all 4 of us inputting our little flavor? I'm positive we all have throwaways we wish we could hear finished.

Like... Lets go through our archive of FAILURES and find a way to get our dopest ones to fucking BANGERS.
Old 08-22-2019, 10:26 PM   #104
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Spent a goddamn hour sifting through oldies... I gotta get some fucking trees this weekend. I can sit here and listen to them sober, but I'm all like "here... lemme export these out into comprehensive loops to piece together" but i'm FAR too lazy right now.

I'll try and swing some smoke tomorrow.
Old 02-28-2020, 06:37 PM   #105
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

@The Dead Poet

got that HS8S

talk about overkill lmao wtf

how do you have yours set up? you got the hs5's too right? or do you got the 7's or 8's?

i have my 5's set to the halfway point since they kind of "click" in there so i know its even levels. thought i'd do the same with the sub, but shit fucking BOOMS

my room is completely untreated though. i was bumping that khruangbin/leon bridges shit and was like hell yea this shit jams

but then put on a beat and was assaulted

bout to find your soundcloud and hear how your shits sound through these lol
Old 02-28-2020, 07:26 PM   #106
The Dead Poet

The Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant future

You got the 8's? lol nice bro. Those are huge. Yea I got the 5's. Yea I've always had mine set dead center. And fuck no bro. Don't go judging my mix with those big ass mother fuckers bro. My low end is dog shit. lol

I just bought me a new Stanton direct drive turntable. Planning on making shit this weekend.
Old 02-28-2020, 08:19 PM   #107
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

nah i have the 5's, i just got the sub. the hs8s is the sub.

i have the volume on it at like 1/4 of the way up now and it makes more sense, also turned the lowpass cut or whatever all the way down on the back of the 5's so less bass comes out of those

but yea you have the sub too, right?

i don't even know if i SHOULD mix with this, as much as just mix on the 5's and my headphones and then use it to see how a finished product sounds

i just have the feeling i'll be turning all bass wayyyyyyy down if i have it running while making beats
Old 02-28-2020, 08:33 PM   #108
The Dead Poet

The Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant future

Oh Ok i got you.

I actually use the KRK 8 sub with the Yamahas. I got a really good deal on it when I bought it so I said fuck it and went that way. I don't really mix with them either bro. I have some 5:1 logitech system that I start with and usually just go back and forth between headphones and that. Then when if it's a beat I actually care about and feel like putting it out i'll bounce to protools then tweak with it with the monitors. But the bulk of the mixing I just do straight in the Maschine software.
Old 02-28-2020, 08:38 PM   #109
Ouch

Battle Record: 1-5

Accomplishments
- Lost to Kill Spree

Champed
- Wall Talking

Ouch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dead Poet View Post
Yup
Ouch is offline   Reply With Quote