Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > BA PPV > PPV Archives

User Tag List

Old 03-23-2020, 07:32 PM   #1
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Battle Record: 56-21

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Sharp has disabled reputation
Default FGR vs SMaSH (video battle) - FGR WINS

PPV Spring 2020

General rules apply

DUE: Monday, 3/30
PM videos to @Sharp

Pic battles: Post a pic as soon as you're able.

Time Limit: 2 Minutes
@FGR @SMaSH
Old 03-23-2020, 08:50 PM   #2
FGR
AHHHHHHH

Battle Record: 16-17

FGR has a brilliant futureFGR has a brilliant futureFGR has a brilliant futureFGR has a brilliant futureFGR has a brilliant futureFGR has a brilliant futureFGR has a brilliant futureFGR has a brilliant futureFGR has a brilliant futureFGR has a brilliant futureFGR has a brilliant future

Check
Old 03-24-2020, 12:33 AM   #3
SMaSH

Battle Record: 4-7

SMaSH has a brilliant futureSMaSH has a brilliant futureSMaSH has a brilliant futureSMaSH has a brilliant futureSMaSH has a brilliant futureSMaSH has a brilliant futureSMaSH has a brilliant futureSMaSH has a brilliant futureSMaSH has a brilliant futureSMaSH has a brilliant futureSMaSH has a brilliant future

Leeeettttssss gooooo
Old 04-02-2020, 12:36 AM   #4
SMaSH

Battle Record: 4-7

SMaSH has a brilliant futureSMaSH has a brilliant futureSMaSH has a brilliant futureSMaSH has a brilliant futureSMaSH has a brilliant futureSMaSH has a brilliant futureSMaSH has a brilliant futureSMaSH has a brilliant futureSMaSH has a brilliant futureSMaSH has a brilliant futureSMaSH has a brilliant future

I should have rerecorded but I'm drunk
Old 04-02-2020, 12:42 AM   #5
FGR
AHHHHHHH

Battle Record: 16-17

FGR has a brilliant futureFGR has a brilliant futureFGR has a brilliant futureFGR has a brilliant futureFGR has a brilliant futureFGR has a brilliant futureFGR has a brilliant futureFGR has a brilliant futureFGR has a brilliant futureFGR has a brilliant futureFGR has a brilliant future

@SMaSH
@Sharp open for votes
Old 04-02-2020, 01:50 AM   #6
Ouch

Battle Record: 1-5

Accomplishments
- Lost to Kill Spree

Champed
- Wall Talking

Ouch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant future

Alright let me just say this... this type of battling (although not sure theres any other type) before I got locked up people yelling in each other face acting super hard... saying shit about i'm gonna shoot you and beat you up... hella lame... like that canadian thing or whatever, just dumb at this point... that aside here we go...

Smash --- umm that was alright... I really dug the nickeleoden/legends of the hidden temple.. you said hittin temple... line... that was mad dope haven't heard that before, over all alright.

FGR

alright so... obviously this dudes got the same sort of vibe of punchline battlers I don't like... like that gun hard in your face.. i'm so tough even though I'm probably not type shit... like I mentioned before. But this is an a Capella punchline battle... soooo... thats about the only style that works right... soo

all good decent corona set ups..... we'll beat smash bros come upstairs and take ya fuckin nintendo --- fire.... the SSI line... like hes retarded so they could get money... dope line but way you worded it didn't flow right....

have everyone lookin for you like toilet paper rolls.. dope... that smash mouth thing is nice never heard that before but could've been way better

over all --- this is extremely clear I don't remember what FGR said in his first few lines, but it was something like... you have to have delivery and presence or whatever it was. FGR looked like a dude that could hold his own on one of those old stupid rah rah rah yell in ya face battle things that used to be popular.

Smash looked like a guy on his webcam just reading things off a piece of paper... the guy literally turned over a piece of paper in his video and paused before he slowly read his next line in mono tone.

And over all if both of you read it in monotone slowly, FGR still had the harder lines.

You all asked my opinion and I just listened to each of these 3x... took a long time write all this shit.

vote - FGR

its not even close... props to both of you though... and SMASH i'm not hating... but seemed like you were just reading off piece of paper... other dude was prepared... had the swag... and even if he read off a piece of paper with no emotion his bars were still nicer... so... you know my vote.... props to both though.
Old 04-02-2020, 07:30 AM   #7
Adverse
low tide in serotonin bay

Battle Record: 37-28

Champed
- GWL Picture Challenge
- Guerrilla Writing League
- Black August II

Adverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant future

Thought this was a cool battle, enjoyed hearing both of your verses come to life and enjoyed a few punches from each but i think what really set you two apart here was just the delivery in general.

Smash: you didn't spend the entire battle going for the jugular, if you did i think this could have been a better match. Liked some of your bars but only a few brought the ferocity and cleverness you gotta bring to battle. Fine tune - jessica rabbit, legend at hittin temples, and i would have liked the saint ima/saitama line but i just think it was a little bit of a reach. Decent bars though.

FGR: Yeah right away your presence put you in a whole different category than your opponent, you came out swinging, kept a good flow throughout and even your filler bars/misses didn't feel like a misstep in the grand scheme of things. Liked the smash bros, caps line, toilet paper rolls etc. Smash mouth was a funny play as well. Good verse

Overall: if we were just going by bars i think it would have been a lot closer, but when voting on a video battle you have to consider the entirety of the verse. Flow and presence are just as important as the substance and in that regard i think FGR ran away with it. Cool battle guys. Next PPV i wanna do one of these it looks fun

V/FGR
Old 04-03-2020, 11:18 PM   #8
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Battle Record: 56-21

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Sharp has disabled reputation

SMaSH

Delivery was solid but sounded a little off at times - I guess I'm noticing that it sounds unrehearsed, which is to be expected, but that does hurt a verse (especially the page turn)

Melanin is kind of played out but still person
belittle/shocking all the way up to hitting temples was well written but didn't have a huge punch so it was all about delivery, which wasn't bad, but wasn't great/
Legend of hidden temples was perfect though god damn
Jessica Rabbit nice
had to look up the one punch thing but you made it clear enough for me to understand it, alright... though you said one punch twice in the same scheme so it kind of gives away the punchline

FGR

Shoutout to basement ceilings

Delivery was more natural

number 1 was cool, especially with you having a better delivery

liked the nameflips - especially the ups and downs - but the other bars were kind of simple enough where I felt like they were setting up something else

but a lot of the punches aside from that were all the same kind of format (xxxx like xxxxx) so by the end I was kind of used to it and it lacked impact.

I'm gonna come back and listen to them both later, but for now I have SMaSH with the wordplay and FGR with the delivery... close battle, good shit guys

EDIT

Coming back to it, I have SMaSH. It's close, but his bars were good and delivery wasn't awful enough to tank it (though FGR nailed thr delivery, so I could see it going either way). Good shit guys

V/SMaSH
Old 04-04-2020, 09:36 AM   #9
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

Ok so I think fgr got the flow down pact. Smash seemed to stumble just a bit with his wording but not too much tho but his melanin line was dope to mee also his legends of the temple line as well. So on paper I think smash has the better verse. But I’m judging h th is based off flow and how it came off live. If this was text I think I would give this to smash but ama go with FGR with a slightly smoother flow.

Great battle my gs hope you 2 doing th is again

FGR
Old 04-24-2020, 11:22 AM   #10
Blue Bayou
Ukrainian Howlitzers

Battle Record: 41-24

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- NBL Season 3
- Alias Tournament II
- Fight Night XLVIII
- Fight Night XXV
- Fight Night XV
- Fight Night (3x)
- Netcees Battle League (4x)
- NBL Tag Team Season 3
- Lyric Olympics
- 1-2 Punch League (3x)
- Battle Arena League (2x)
- Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2
- BA Tag
- NPL Roast
- Netcees Pic League

Blue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant future

FGR won

Both had some played material but FGR had much better cadence and delivery

And he was more asthetically pleasing

Vote FGR
-kungfugrip