Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 09-06-2013, 05:50 PM   #1
dull boy
consults Lloyd

Battle Record: 0-8

Champed
-1-2 Punch League Roast

dull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant future
Default I <3 schemes

You might
say, 'You lie.
What you write
ain't truthfully.'
But futilely,
'cause in all the to-night's
I've viewed and seen
No one's
shown up
wearing the moonlight
so beautifully.
Blue eyes
seduced by green.
You fly
on Cupid's wings.
The romantic type.
With you, any shine is candlelight.
In love with reality; so I don't have to fantasize.
So intelligent
and humorous,
not elegant,
but cute as shit.
Cute as shit?
That's rude. Is it?
To hell with it,
you're beautimous.
dull boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:57 PM   #2
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

Dunno if your trying to prove a point or if this an actual
Drop u want critiqued.

Anyway.

This had nothing outside of a scheme...so I guess u proved ur point.
Nothing much else to say but nice rhyming.

I dug the wearing the moonline...thought that was dope..
Inno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:59 PM   #3
dull boy
consults Lloyd

Champed
-1-2 Punch League Roast

dull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant future

I regret to hear you say that. Anyone whose known love would be moved. I mourn for you.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:01 PM   #4
Wise Wiggles
nok Su kow

Battle Record: 1-1

Wise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant future

Don't say it was good or you'll be "dickriding" .. Shit is kind of strict now a'days, ya know.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:04 PM   #5
dull boy
consults Lloyd

Champed
-1-2 Punch League Roast

This shit flows smooth, and it's pretty. Kids these days...
Old 09-06-2013, 06:05 PM   #6
dull boy
consults Lloyd

Champed
-1-2 Punch League Roast

I love everything you write with every fiber of my being @Whys Ways.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:07 PM   #7
Inno
Ad mini tator

Champed
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

Didnt mean to come across as a dick bro my bad lol.

Im just not into writing about love so I guess I replied with a bias...if youd like I can give
U a more detailed breakdown lol
Old 09-06-2013, 06:08 PM   #8
Wise Wiggles
nok Su kow

Wise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant future

I haven't been in love in years. I won't even post the shit I wrote after it happened. Love isn't fake to me, but it's something else. Pure?
Old 09-06-2013, 06:10 PM   #9
dull boy
consults Lloyd

Champed
-1-2 Punch League Roast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innovator View Post
Didnt mean to come across as a dick bro my bad lol.

Im just not into writing about love so I guess I replied with a bias...if youd like I can give
U a more detailed breakdown lol
Yes. I'd like details.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:11 PM   #10
dull boy
consults Lloyd

Champed
-1-2 Punch League Roast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whys Ways View Post
I haven't been in love in years. I won't even post the shit I wrote after it happened. Love isn't fake to me, but it's something else. Pure?
That's sweet. I'm incapable of love. Fresh out. It's somewhere, I'm sure. Scattered about. Giving others happiness.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:12 PM   #11
Inno
Ad mini tator

Champed
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Gimme a sec

Will edit here

Edit.

Ok so this starts off really dopd with some pretty smooth imagery great start to thw piece tbh. Though you say its love about some of your word choices seemed off..orr didnt fit with that tone the subject love produces. Words like aint, cause, and the last couple lines seemd a bit lazy. I would like to have seen morw lines like the wearing the moon and the one that follows that actually...those lines had depth and a profound sense to them that I enjoyed..and yes the flow was on point.

Nothing bad about this read I enjoyed it. Aside from what I pointed out this was cool . and tbh what I mentioned u cab chalk it up to personal preference...keep posting

Last edited by Inno; 09-06-2013 at 06:24 PM.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:16 PM   #12
KennyCerealBowl
Do what is right.

KennyCerealBowl has a brilliant futureKennyCerealBowl has a brilliant futureKennyCerealBowl has a brilliant futureKennyCerealBowl has a brilliant futureKennyCerealBowl has a brilliant futureKennyCerealBowl has a brilliant futureKennyCerealBowl has a brilliant futureKennyCerealBowl has a brilliant futureKennyCerealBowl has a brilliant futureKennyCerealBowl has a brilliant futureKennyCerealBowl has a brilliant future

this made my penis cry
Old 09-06-2013, 06:25 PM   #13
EÅ‹g
rhyme capsule.

EÅ‹g EÅ‹g EÅ‹g EÅ‹g EÅ‹g EÅ‹g EÅ‹g EÅ‹g EÅ‹g EÅ‹g EÅ‹g

i wrote a piece with the underlying theme of Love, once. or the common conception of, y'know. one verse just dealt with sex. kind of primal, visceral even. that part was good. the rest was mostly existential angst/misery loves company.

this seemed a bit unserious or disingenious, but what do i know really. the writing was good.
EÅ‹g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:26 PM   #14
dull boy
consults Lloyd

Champed
-1-2 Punch League Roast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innovator View Post
Ok so this starts off really dopd with some pretty smooth imagery great start to thw piece tbh. Though you say its love about some of your word choices seemed off..orr didnt fit with that tone the subject love produces. Words like aint, cause, and the last couple lines seemd a bit lazy. I would like to have seen morw lines like the wearing the moon and the one that follows that actually...those lines had depth and a profound sense to them that I enjoyed..and yes the flow was on point.

Nothing bad about this read I enjoyed it. Aside from what I pointed out this was cool . and tbh what I mentioned u cab chalk it up to personal preference...keep posting
Word, word. I see what you mean, now. Ain't, and 'cause are like hate words. Words one uses when they're indifferent and shit. Yeah. That's real. Real talk @Innovator. Thanks. I'll keep that in mind next time I write a love piece. 'cause ain't ain't the cause of love, it's 'cause the cause of hate, ain't it?

Last edited by dull boy; 09-06-2013 at 06:29 PM.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:27 PM   #15
Inno
Ad mini tator

Champed
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Rtf plz
@dull boy

http://netcees.co/showthread.php?t=15842

Last edited by Inno; 09-06-2013 at 06:49 PM.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:31 PM   #16
dull boy
consults Lloyd

Champed
-1-2 Punch League Roast

Quote:
Originally Posted by oXus View Post
i wrote a piece with the underlying theme of Love, once. or the common conception of, y'know. one verse just dealt with sex. kind of primal, visceral even. that part was good. the rest was mostly existential angst/misery loves company.

this seemed a bit unserious or disingenious, but what do i know really. the writing was good.
You aren't allowed to write about love. Too many people have done it. What's cool sounding about your piece is that you spoke on angst and misery, too. This way the words ''cause' and 'ain't' can still be used.

Link me to your piece and I'll check it out.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:42 PM   #17
Fig
Om

Battle Record: 8-16

Fig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant future

Always a smooth read from you, dull boy.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:48 PM   #18
Wise Wiggles
nok Su kow

Quote:
Originally Posted by dull boy View Post
You might say, 'You lie. What you write ain't truthfully.'
But futilely,
'cause in all the to-night's I've viewed and seen
No one's shown up wearing the moonlight so beautifully.
Blue eyes seduced by green.
You fly on Cupid's wings.
The romantic type. With you, any shine is candlelight.
In love with reality; so I don't have to fantasize.
So intelligent and humorous,
not elegant, but cute as shit.
Cute as shit? That's rude. Is it?
To hell with it, you're beautimous.

basically this was gangster as hell
Old 09-06-2013, 08:38 PM   #19
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

I've never been in love. I've been in lust and in like and in well-since-we're-both-here and even in obsessed (once, and I try not to talk about it too much). But I've never been in love, and I think that probably is why I'm so bitter and angsty all the time or something. But maybe if I had my heart broken I'd be even more bitter and angsty. Or maybe I'd be sullen. I'm not sullen.

There were a lot of things I liked about this very short post. I don't think it was special, necessarily, but it was really cool. I got a little hung up on the use of the adverbial form in the first couple lines. Then I started to think maybe it was intentionally, but I think it probably was just to rhyme, really, because we all do that sometimes and I'm too neurotic about things.

Urbandictionary.com says "beautimous" is a portmanteau of beautiful and fabulous. Well, it doesn't say the word "portmanteau" because it's urbandictionary.com, and it's for the people. But that's what it means. Still, I'm not sure where the "M" comes from in that word.

The best part was, "No one's shown up wearing the moonlight so beautifully." That reminded me of the coda of this song (which starts at 3:03):

I don't think that was an intentional allusion. But the flippant word choice and abundance of adjectives late in the verse kind of lulled me. Your verbs let up and simplicity took over, even amid a great rhyme scheme.

Maybe when I'm in love I'll come back and decide this is the greatest thing ever, though.

Last edited by Certain; 09-07-2013 at 01:46 AM.
Certain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:43 PM   #20
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

Being jaded and reminiscing on something so potent is dangeruz
And the ditch in the back road stop
Could you find me?
PancakeBrah is offline   Reply With Quote