Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Open Mic Section
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 09-06-2013, 04:15 AM   #1
CopyPat
Mic Check

Battle Record: 13-10

CopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to CopyPat
Default No Brainer

It’s a no brainer I flow greater, I’m so blaze like a flame thrower, I’m propane when I glaze over and soak flames on ya brain holder. Ya skull caves from the takeover cause I roast brains…I’m the brain roaster. You hombres need a makeover when I pulsate, cause I came over ya whole face in a great moment of raw strength. I’m way grosser than ya’ll think and I say horrible wrong things cause I’m way over the top edge when I display most of this raw text. Game over I chop heads...but not literally bro. The Beethoven to ya’ll deaf’s, ya not hearin me tho. I stay dope with hot freshly thought syrupy flows. And egg yolks but not breakfast, c’mon seriously bro! I play jokes when I drop threads and talk shit in these posts. The main focus and concept’s to rock lyrically yo. So just….. Use me while my shits still high and excuse me while I kiss the sky. I’m usually not a vicious guy but I just lose it when I grip the mic. See music is like kryptonite to losers who don’t spit this tight. I’m Super when I’m set to write, you Luthors never get to fly.

Last edited by CopyPat; 09-07-2013 at 03:50 PM.
CopyPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:53 PM   #2
Fig
Om

Battle Record: 8-16

Fig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant future

at this point its almost like your uploading the same piece with a different title over and over again. Not to be a dick, the rhyming is cool and near flawless on a technical level, but the flex is still lacking conceptually. And in that way its boring. This is cool for audio drop, but if youre just guna text drop like this, give me something more man. thats all, stay droppin
Old 09-06-2013, 07:33 PM   #3
dull boy
consults Lloyd

Battle Record: 0-8

Champed
-1-2 Punch League Roast

dull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant future

My man. Here's what has to happen in order for things like what Figurative said not to be said... scheme rhyming (especially when you're good at it) can become a trap. You've got to get playful, or it's almost like the reader gets lulled to sleep by your amazingness. I get that your style isn't really comedy, or satire, or anything like that. You're straight forward and raw. I personally like that about you, because the other styles come off as fake, sometimes. The better ones who do it make it seem natural, but it's still an act, to an extent. It's all in the name of standing out. We're fighting for views/reads/props/whatever. I think you're dope. My comments are on a 'Here's how to do this differently' type of thing. It's not advice that NEEDS to be applied. Write what you want.
dull boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:44 PM   #4
StarFaggot
Leave you flatlined.

Battle Record: 12-9

Champed
- Site Diss 2013
- Tag Team Tournament III

StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot

I like it. Do what you do and let others do what they do.
StarFaggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:38 PM   #5
CopyPat
Mic Check

Battle Record: 13-10

CopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to CopyPat

Thanks for reading and feeding bro's. haha word its all for fun, i don't take this seriously. I’m even telling u in the title that i put no thought into this… But yes, i DO hear u guys about doing the same thing but im just not too worried about it..I def always appreciate the honest feedback tho, but yeah shit like this is basically a key.. i didn't like sit there for 4 hours and write this haha. i just enjoy flowing and seeing what people say about it. Truth be told I don't really get ideas of shit to write about really.. i more get ideas of schemes to rhyme with.

also i HAVE done some different shit here and there and i literally found i got worse responses or feedback than "its dope bur the same". they expect a certain style almost so when i switched it up they didn't feel it. one of the examples was one i wrote called Lies where i was basically saying that im so fuckin hardcore which is a huge lie aha.. ppl didn't get it. then i did Truth which was the real version... same thing.. so whatever, damned if u do damned if u don't. i'm just gonna keep rhyming for fun. also Fig ALL my writes (besides these paragraphers) are meant to be turned into audio, just don't have a good enough mic yet. but peep some oldies if u want:

https://soundcloud.com/copypat

whats up with write week?? 2 good weeks then noone cares anymore??
give me a topic and i should be able to produce something different
Old 09-06-2013, 08:53 PM   #6
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

I understand what Figurative is trying to get at, but I think he's looking at it wrong. First, this obviously was a quickly written flex. It doesn't have the normal definition or complexity of your more thought-out drops. Second, if we were to take CopyPat in a vacuum as the only writer in consideration, then yes, the redundancy would be more worth discussing. But you're good at what you do, better than just about anyone else would be at it. And that specialization is worthwhile on the macro level. I know reliably when I enter something by CopyPat that I'm going to be impressed by the schemes and the flow. You push me to try new things with sounds and rhymes because yours are so consistently complex.

Plus, the last text piece you dropped was our collaboration, which was nothing like this.

dull boy does have a point, though, that more nuanced and witty content would help make your verses more unique. Most of what you write could be taped together into one massive verse without much of a change, and while we all have our topics, I think making each drop a little more specific wouldn't be a bad idea.

But no one does what you do as consistently as you.
Certain is offline   Reply With Quote