Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Netcees - Leagues & Tournaments > The Battle Arena > Battle Arena Archives > BA Summer League > BA Summer Archives

User Tag List

Old 07-09-2019, 11:48 PM   #1
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Battle Record: 56-21

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Sharp has disabled reputation
Default Week 2 Mag

Intro

What's good netcees, it's your motherfuckering boy Sharp come to you from San Francisco International Airport with the week 2 mag, and I gotta say, I was expecting a hell of a lot more of you to no show considering its week one and I made battles due on a holiday. Disappointed at how slow some of you were with votes… If at all… But we made it. I'm happy to see most of you show and the likely no shows to weed themselves out, so let's get to it.

Reviews

Diablo vs Killing Spree

This one was a little strange to me. Spree had some great personal bars and iffy personal bars, but baron had quality bars that seemed to be for another person. Spree’s opener and closer were his best received, for good reason. That closer especially was peak KS fire - even was a hockey reference - that is exactly the kind of shit you need to look out for. There are certainly doubts about Spree - I'm often saying 'if he shows' or 'if he's motivated' - but this battle shows when he knows his opponent he's a threat. Lars came with a style that isn’t the best received among text heads imo. He’s just funny as fuck. That’s the kind of verse that could’ve been read out loud to huge crowd reaction. Smooth and consistent with humor, but seeing it all written out had him using one angle on Spree for 100% of his verse which doesn’t actually apply to him. The longest battle of the week had some highlights for sure, and Spree took it in a fun read.

Blue Bayou vs INF

This one was dope. These two went the minimum, which I found surprising, but their verses had sting. They both had a bar I had to Google, but Blue’s was a little less obscure a reference. Aside professor INF’s Sacrum bar, I was impressed with the wordplay - his opener and closer were both tight as fuck to me with his trademark wordplay. Blue was solid all around, most voters feeling every one of his bars in a demonstration that he can handle any line length. His 'touchy subject' bar is a nice reminder that blue can have multi-layered wordplay in one bar but a funny punch the next. In a surprise turn, INF came from behind in votes to take it - deservedly so - in a battle that reestablished two mainstays of text as threats.

Slechtq vs Master Rock

Master Rock showed up with evidence he can rhyme, but we didn't see major punches from him. I'm assuming with an opponent he knows, it would be different.

John Dillinger vs Defiant

JD showed.

:)

Zuo vs Wanderer

These two used the low minimum and dropped pretty solid. I liked seeing both of these verses have a clear live battle influence, but they definitely had those standard text punchline deliveries that can get stale. Considering it was just 6 lines a piece, I’m surprised I’m saying this, but aside from Zelph’s capsize bar the delivery got to be pretty formulaic by the end. And his capsize bar was a capsize bar. Still, I really fucked with that tales from the crypt bar, maybe not as a closer but it was a nice live-style bar. I’m glad we have Wanderer back and I’m hoping he sticks around so battles can get more personal. His spark from the dash closer was a nice, gritty take that stood out in a week where humor was the star. All told, decent drops from both with both getting votes. Damn near a tie, but Zelph came from behind and got the job done, which is the only reason he signed back in.

Cred vs Ryno

Man, I hate that cred is basically a no show unless it's a fight night now, but it's what it is. The story here isn't Cred noshowing again, but Ryno still being dope. AKA Bash, Ryno has been the most slept on texcee of 2019 easily and if you don't know him by now, check his drop. 10 lines at check in with some real creative energy evidenced. He has that x factor that really sets him apart imo; he's one of those guys that makes you think either: "damn, how did I not think of that?" or "damn, how am I just now seeing this take on this concept?". If his drop wasn't a statement to you, follow him.

Top Punches

Ryno vs Cred
I’ve got no manners dawg, if I grab the handle ur gettin hit w/ the 5th
Dumpin the clips, s’like chivalry, this ain’t the 1st time I’ve had to open up for a bitch

Killing Spree vs Diablo,
Today Washington buzzin! Here? U get checked if U thought to enter quick
This battle is give Lars Eller cap’m on the chest quicker than that center men

Blue Bayou vs INF
awkward reject got mad when i said 'last battle man i owned you fast'
guess it's a touchy subject.. like his dad’s hand & his knee during home school math

Wanderer vs Zuo
Petty crime ain’t my shit. Ride around aligning the clip
When I spark from the dash then drive away it ain’t cos I’m hot wiring ur whip

Diablo vs Killing Spree
spree be scared of chicks his own age, but uber cougars ain’t worth the effort
them old wives tails been passed down thru so many generations, they urban legends

Zuo vs Wanderer
Full clip for this queer fuck. Shells’ll hit u & whoever ur near bruh
STOMACH SHOT! It’ll leave ur belly leakin’ out ya shirt like a beer gut

INF vs Blue Bayou
You're washed Blue. begged to befriend in SOL looked reallyy weird..
Trust they gassed this giant....now a stars burnt out & we wouldn't be cool in a million years

Headhunters

The list of who I could see killing it in here and why:

@veritas
His verse in the Classic was a tour-de-force of his own style. I enjoyed the read, but you could tell he doesn’t battle often. With the low minimum being on the table in a laid-back environmentI think he could really play with pushing the limits in more ways than one.

@Sinacog
Goes without saying tbh.

@bleak
The poster child for ‘Modding: Not even once’ was slept on a bit because of his public beefs and most of his attention going to modding. There was some real creativity in most of his drops and with the different line limit and possibilities for gimmicks, bleak could be running this league.

@Jabari Black
The Sun Tzu of text would have a wider range of possibilities with a low minimum and the potential to go higher. He doesn’t just out-bar you, he can out-think you too, and this league would either give him a chance to think in the fifth dimension or just chill.

@BodySnatcher
The hardest man from Bartram ave has caught flak for not changing up delivery but he is a beast. With 6 lines, he can be short, sweet, and get in and out before you even know you’re dead.

@DynamiCz
Similar to Body, Dyn has caught flak over using a ton of gunbars. To his credit, how many live punches (especially generics) that transfer well in text aren’t? There’s potential to play with 6 lines as one whole scheme, or just do his thing quickly.

IMO, both Dyn and Body could write a 20 line verse, ration it out over 4 weeks and go 3-1, 4-0 easily.

Notice the thematic song choice? I'm so good

Interview with Wanderer

Alright, Sharp here with a blast from the recent past and one of the stories of week one, Mr Wanderer himself. How've you been dude?

I’m doing good and glad to be back. Always busy with work and my family but try to make time to text where possible

You were probably expecting this one, but it seems like most people here don't know you - can you give us a little refresher on your text career?

I’ve been a visitor to Netcees since like 2009. Read a lot of the forum but I never post much unless there’s a league that I’ve got the time to be involved in. I’ve battled on and off for the past decade. Used to have a different alias which I can’t remember and was proper shit back in the day. Been wanderer since 2014/15 and taken part in a few NBLs, maybe other leagues too. I think I’ve gotten better the last few years and really worked on my writing so watch this space. I’ve got a username on RB but never do much there. prefer it here.

Any battlers in particular influence your writing (or you just think are dope)? Text or live battlers, but I can tell you actually watch battles.

Honestly, I don’t watch live battles or at least haven’t for 10 yrs. problem with this is I sometimes come up with shit that’s been done on a live battle and don’t even realise it. I much prefer the text format anyway... some of the dopest text battlers around imo are Hush, Blue bayou, Cashius. Orc can be dope too but swear he barely shows anymore.

Saw you went 6 vs Zelph. What do you think of the short verse format?

It’s nice to keep things short and sweet at times but I’d always rather go 10 min. Didn’t know if Zuo would show if I went more than that so kept it short for the battle

Speaking generally, anything you'd like to see in this league going forward?

More productivity from users would be great! I’m talking more voting & Less no shows if people wanna keep text alive.

Since you've read everything from week 1, anyone here surprise you? Seem like a threat to champ? See someone you want to battle?

Ryno obviously won by NS but he looks Decent. Don’t recall seeing anything from him before. Blue bayou obviously got skill. Shame Hush didn’t show.

Since this is coming up more and more, I wanna know your thoughts: Do you feel that battlers have too homogenized styles? Like, virtually everyone drops the same way and it's hard to tell different guys' drops from one another.

Depends who it is.. In regards to the text heads I mentioned earlier. I would say individually, they have their styles and it’s easy to spot a Hush verse Vs a Cashius one lets say.. either way, I don’t care if dude’s styles are similar, it’s about WHAT they’re writing rather than how

Anyone in particular you'd like to see sign in?

Off the top of my head.. king karaoke?

who do you see winning the classic?

Cashius? Barcotic? Blue? Hush with the right motivation... too hard to call

Thanks for your time. One of the real ones, keep an eye on Wanderer this season.

Previews

INF vs Zuo

In an early bid for dominance, we have here two dudes who came from behind to take their 6 line battles. Zelph can err on the side of too many generics but is good for a banger of a gunbar once in awhile. INF has such a well rounded skill set that he could ruin anyone's day with a verse. I could see zelph using the low minimum to his advantage and keep things fresh, but INF can run circles around him if they go longer. Between the ever-growing pool of Zelph personals to draw from and Inf's technical skill, he's going to give one hell of a challenge.

Look for: Zelph dropping a Dexter's Lab bar, then voting politically and INF breaking his thesaurus set looking for 'lip' synonyms to flip.

Ryno vs John Dillinger

Ryno and JD both are coming off of good showings that were met with no resistance. These two, due to my point system, are actually a little behind anyone who won on decision which is a damn shame. These two likely know each other from here and RB alike, as both are prolific writers on both sites. That said, 2019 is looking like it could be the year of the Ryno with how consistently he's dropping well. JD can't skate by on a no show or low effort verse here, so if this goes to votes I'm looking for a banger. It's kind of in his hands because Ryno is just so consistent. Very likely a BOTW.

Look for: JD to not post on any site until Saturday morning.

Killing Spree vs Cynic

My dude Spree is coming off of a dope showing with a lot of motivation and a pool of personals. He's gonna need to do his research for Cynic though, someone a little all over the place in the SOL. Spree's definitely got momentum on his side and he's coming off of a huge demonstration of his ability. He's got wordplay and as long as he gives his wording a second look, he'll be a threat.

Look for: Spree to ask for an extension.

Blue Bayou vs Wanderer

Open for votes. These two are that fast.

Look for: 2 votes between now and Monday.

Diablo vs Slechtq

Slechtq is still an unknown to me with a NS last week. Baron is someone we know too much, so if Slechtq does his research he might be able to pull something off. That said, Baron can tear up any kind of verse when he feels like it. I have very little to say, because I don't know if either one are going to show, but I'm hoping for a good one here.

Look for: My review next week to act like I knew everything all along.

Answer vs Innovator

The culture!!! Inno the gawd is continuing his foray into the battle realm while co-modding the summer classic. He's shown that he can put personal bars together against fairly fresh opponents, but against someone as tested as Answer, he'll need some serious creativity (and he sure as hell has it). Answer is always fun to read. He can border corny at times, but it's usually a bar that would get a laugh if delivered well live (and he delivers well live). This has potential to be a funny and enjoyable read and is a sleeper of a battle to watch out for.

Look for: Some laughs and a good ol time and maybe Blue Bayou offering to ghostwrite both verses now that his is done and he's roasted me enough for all of you.

Outro

Alright, I'm headed home tonight and will be doing a lot more, but I'm gonna need you guys to show up for battles and vote on em. I'm not tryna put off every week moving forward. Shout out to Wanderer for his piece of the interview. Pic roast is up, I will judge (may ask someone else to weigh in) and announce a winner in the next mag. 14 lines max to be considered (@blue bayou). This week looks more solid than last week. Let's make it dope. Peace
Old 07-09-2019, 11:50 PM   #2
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

@INF @Zuo @Ryno @John Dillinger @Killing Spree @Blue Bayou @Wanderer @Diablo @Slechtq @Answer @Innovator
Old 07-10-2019, 12:23 AM   #3
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

Well done young drip
Old 07-10-2019, 12:55 AM   #4
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innovator View Post
Well done young drip
Glad to have you here

Why don't you warm up for your battle in the roast thread?
Old 07-10-2019, 04:35 AM   #5
Zuo
Sidearms

Battle Record: 1-1

Zuo has a brilliant futureZuo has a brilliant futureZuo has a brilliant futureZuo has a brilliant futureZuo has a brilliant futureZuo has a brilliant futureZuo has a brilliant futureZuo has a brilliant futureZuo has a brilliant futureZuo has a brilliant futureZuo has a brilliant future

good mag
Old 07-10-2019, 04:42 AM   #6
Zuo
Sidearms

Zuo has a brilliant futureZuo has a brilliant futureZuo has a brilliant futureZuo has a brilliant futureZuo has a brilliant futureZuo has a brilliant futureZuo has a brilliant futureZuo has a brilliant futureZuo has a brilliant futureZuo has a brilliant futureZuo has a brilliant future

When will people stop belittling generics?
Old 07-10-2019, 04:46 AM   #7
Ryno
Retired

Battle Record: 12-10

Ryno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant future

This was good man. Props
Old 07-10-2019, 05:16 AM   #8
Zuo
Sidearms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryno View Post
This was good man. Props
When will battlers like us get the recognition we deserve?

Personals hold no creativity, generics are actual bars.
Old 07-10-2019, 05:48 AM   #9
Ryno
Retired

Battle Record: 12-10

Ryno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant future

S’all subjective anyway. Idrc anymore
Old 07-10-2019, 06:22 AM   #10
Wanderer

Battle Record: 24-33

Champed
- NPL Roast

Wanderer has a brilliant futureWanderer has a brilliant futureWanderer has a brilliant futureWanderer has a brilliant futureWanderer has a brilliant futureWanderer has a brilliant futureWanderer has a brilliant futureWanderer has a brilliant futureWanderer has a brilliant futureWanderer has a brilliant futureWanderer has a brilliant future

Dope mag! @Sharp good work

I agree with the point on personals. Never been a huge fan
Old 07-10-2019, 06:54 AM   #11
Zuo
Sidearms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
Dope mag! @Sharp good work

I agree with the point on personals. Never been a huge fan
You’re a good man
Old 07-10-2019, 07:58 AM   #12
Blue Bayou
Ukrainian Howlitzers

Battle Record: 41-24

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- NBL Season 3
- Alias Tournament II
- Fight Night XLVIII
- Fight Night XXV
- Fight Night XV
- Fight Night (3x)
- Netcees Battle League (4x)
- NBL Tag Team Season 3
- Lyric Olympics
- 1-2 Punch League (3x)
- Battle Arena League (2x)
- Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2
- BA Tag
- NPL Roast
- Netcees Pic League

Blue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant future

Agreed we should not allow personals anymore
@Sharp why is none of the music I sent you in this mag?!?!
-kungfugrip
Old 07-10-2019, 08:16 AM   #13
Kill Spree

Battle Record: 3-3

Kill Spree has a brilliant futureKill Spree has a brilliant futureKill Spree has a brilliant futureKill Spree has a brilliant futureKill Spree has a brilliant futureKill Spree has a brilliant futureKill Spree has a brilliant futureKill Spree has a brilliant futureKill Spree has a brilliant futureKill Spree has a brilliant futureKill Spree has a brilliant future

Lmfao @ not allowing personals.... ya let’s make battling soft.

Cool read sharp and wander
Old 07-10-2019, 08:16 AM   #14
Blue Bayou
Ukrainian Howlitzers

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- NBL Season 3
- Alias Tournament II
- Fight Night XLVIII
- Fight Night XXV
- Fight Night XV
- Fight Night (3x)
- NBL Tag Team Season 3
- Lyric Olympics
- 1-2 Punch League (3x)
- BA Tag
- NPL Roast
- Netcees Pic League

Blue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killing Spree View Post
Lmfao @ not allowing personals.... ya let’s make battling soft.

Cool read sharp and wander
No nameplays either
-kungfugrip
Old 07-10-2019, 08:19 AM   #15
Zuo
Sidearms

Blue Ming onion like an Asian dish
Old 07-10-2019, 08:20 AM   #16
Zuo
Sidearms

You people just don’t have the imagination and brain capacity to go hard with anything that isn’t some stupid whteboy Canadian wordplay or a played out personal
Old 07-10-2019, 08:41 AM   #17
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

No gunbars either
Old 07-10-2019, 09:30 AM   #18
Blue Bayou
Ukrainian Howlitzers

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- NBL Season 3
- Alias Tournament II
- Fight Night XLVIII
- Fight Night XXV
- Fight Night XV
- Fight Night (3x)
- NBL Tag Team Season 3
- Lyric Olympics
- 1-2 Punch League (3x)
- BA Tag
- NPL Roast
- Netcees Pic League

Everything is going to be okay Zelph

I promise

You can call me if you need to be talked off the ledge
-kungfugrip
Old 07-10-2019, 09:48 AM   #19
Zuo
Sidearms

I’ll beatnik you’re ass
Old 07-10-2019, 09:53 AM   #20
Kill Spree

Battle Record: 3-3

Kill Spree has a brilliant futureKill Spree has a brilliant futureKill Spree has a brilliant futureKill Spree has a brilliant futureKill Spree has a brilliant futureKill Spree has a brilliant futureKill Spree has a brilliant futureKill Spree has a brilliant futureKill Spree has a brilliant futureKill Spree has a brilliant futureKill Spree has a brilliant future

Fire