- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Guerrilla Writing League (2x)
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation LARS OFFICIAL TOP TEN TOPICAL WRITERS OF NETCEES ALL TIME THREAD

@CopyPat: This guy didn’t even make Certain’s list FFS! For those unfamiliar, Copy hailed from the RapFlava scholarship of textcees. It’s evident from his rhyming this guy is off the charts. He never fails to disappoint in his verses, though they’re often short in length, there is always a hidden gem of three that often leave me wishing I’d wrote it. Sometimes simple sounding, but super effective. “Put the bling to your ear like a billionaire,” was one such line I recall off the top of my head. “Give you something dope to listen to, like Dolby Digital” was another. The guy has flawless pen game with rhymes upon rhymes for days. A long time collaborator and friend of mine, our styles are very similar in some respects and hence why we both enjoy getting our written on. This guy is DOPE!
sral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 08:02 AM   #2
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Battle Record: 28-3

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

@dull boy: Dull boy: A stalwart at NC’s v.1, the guy is now at a place where he can keystyle verses that have a lot more depth and skill involved than some peoples writtens. I love that about him (and his many aliases) because that’s also something I enjoy doing but also shows how well he’s honed his craft over the years. How could you forget the “copied Bubonic plague from Bobby Pneumonic’s brain, chopped it to solid state then dropped it upon this page” rhyme? The whole thing was bananas. The only reason he isn’t as high on my list is because I haven’t seen him consistently put it down in leagues and tourneys online and for that reason, a lot have slept on him. Dull boy never puts out a boring read, whether its as Zombie, Darth Yoda, big baby or himself. Precocious talent.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:02 AM   #3
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

@Vulgar: Vulgar: Vulgar has been around forever. The thing that puts him so high on this list, for me, is his out and out originality. This guy can take you straight to the heart of a landscape created entirely in his own notepad, with characters and settings that are all his own unique creations yet for some reason you already seem familiar with. He’s what Tolkien would have been like had he ever found netcees.co and decided to compete with imagery in abundance and a magical touch that drags the reader along from a Shire, through dark forestation, then ultimately into battle with the king for supremacy. That’s this guy. I’ve known of him since RF and his consistency again is probably what puts him so high in my list, along with his productivity which again I think deserves a lot of credit for – his list of insane pieces is seemingly endless. If he isn’t HOF’d here already, he should be when the topical halls are opened up next. Outstanding.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:02 AM   #4
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

@ZeeDee:
ZeeDee / Zero Divide: Another old adversary of mine in the famed RSTL league, DiC (his name back then) was a stalwart who would bulldozer the league and won multiple titles as various names. I think we’ve only faced once previously, but he is another writer who when at his creative best could tangle with just about anyone online. He may be lesser known to those who didn’t take part at RM when it was at its peak, but to those who were there his skill was to be revered – even if his persona wasn’t. He formed part of the industrious SMO crew, one of the best topical crews to grace online hiphop forums.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:03 AM   #5
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

@oats: Another crew member, Oats came to prominence fairly late in the game as far as I’m concerned. From what I’ve read since, he took a long lay off, but we never really competed in the same circles and to this day I don’t think we’ve ever faced off. I could be wrong. He is a solid writer, using his knowledge in his scientific fields to great effect, and I think there are parallels between my own writing and his in that he adopts this authoritarian writers voice at times. Some say it reads too preachy in parts, but I personally, think it’s a great asset of his.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:03 AM   #6
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

@Certain: Certain – I remember facing this guy in my first run for a league title outside of RB when I was around 14, we met in a Contendership match in the RSTL and I ended up losing my first ever match to him. He was phenomenal then, and he’s matured with age – as has his writing. He’s a lot more mellow these days, but I like this incarnation of Tha Talent, he’s probably at his freeist and most comfortable stage at this very moment. The guy really deserved the season 3 win and his consistency is what gets him so high up my list, one of the most polished writers online for a decade or more. Unbelievable consistency. A true Iron Man of the text scene in a wrestling sense.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:03 AM   #7
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

@sacrifice: SacriFICE – This guy is one of the best technical writers around, with mechanics for days. I’ve had both the pleasure to have crewed and collaborated with him, and the misfortune to have been drawn against him in a league. He’s very highbrow in his approach to topics and sometimes that can work to his disadvantage but all in all, he’s one of the best on his day. Don’t sleep. He tends to be more of an audio head these days from what I’ve seen but occasionally will still mix it up and show the topical scene what it’s been missing. Easily one of the best writers I’ve come across and if he was still at his most prolific, may have even been higher on my list than he is here. Legend.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:03 AM   #8
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

@Frank: Frank – For all his extracurricular activities, Frank is an audacious writer. Always has been. The guy seems to pull verses from nothing and his turn-around time is equally impressive. The writing to all eight topics from round two of the tourney in quick succession shows what he’s capable of… I’d even say all of those verses would have taken him past round two of the tournament. I’ve known of this guy since our RnR days and can still quote you some of the opening lines from his pieces back then. That’s how good this fella is. Remarkable talent.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:03 AM   #9
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

@Pent uP: Pent uP – My arch nemesis for many years on the writing circuit, this guy is easily one of the best to do this. Ever. Multiple time league and tournament champion, very adaptable in his work, there are very few technically that can keep pace with this guy on his day. Slip for a second and the advantage is his. Check and mate. He’s colder than a shot of Russian vodka, and hits you like that same shot as he punches the back of your throat. Absolute beast.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:05 AM   #10
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

@dead man: Black D – Champion of just about everything, just about everywhere at some point. I don’t think he’s had a run in the RSTL at any point, and I forget where I first came across him, but we’ve been crew for years and he’s a formidable opponent. Always a fan favourite with a style so abstract at times, you can lost in his endless stream of words as mental images flood toward you.

Black is my #1 based on consistency and how prolific he has been. If you guys like, I'll contine and make this a Top 25, possibly Top 50? It may take me a while, I just made this list quickly while at work after seeing Certain's list.

Enjoy or endure!
Old 08-26-2014, 08:25 AM   #11
YDK
ghost in the matrix

Battle Record: 14-25

Champed
- Art of Writing League (x2)

YDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant future

This is cool I read a few so far an will finish reading at work. Keep em coming so I got more to read lol
Old 08-26-2014, 11:13 AM   #12
dull boy
consults Lloyd

Battle Record: 0-8

Champed
-1-2 Punch League Roast

dull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant future

I don't have any aliases. I was Darth Yoda, but am Darth Yoda no longer. Sometimes Darth Yoda is me.

lol

This was nerdy and cool, @sraL. Thanks :)
dull boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 11:13 AM   #13
dull boy
consults Lloyd

Battle Record: 0-8

Champed
-1-2 Punch League Roast

dull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant future

@Zen
dull boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 11:19 AM   #14
Diode
PR's Finest

Battle Record: 12-7

Diode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond repute

Q_Q
Old 08-26-2014, 11:24 AM   #15
Camarac
The Grinch

Camarac has a brilliant futureCamarac has a brilliant futureCamarac has a brilliant futureCamarac has a brilliant futureCamarac has a brilliant futureCamarac has a brilliant futureCamarac has a brilliant futureCamarac has a brilliant futureCamarac has a brilliant futureCamarac has a brilliant futureCamarac has a brilliant future

I tend to place importance on consistency and prolificity, those are to me the key things that make you the best. Anyone can have a streak or put a run together and beat a few respectable heads. Those who've consistently performed at the highest level over a long period of time, and more so over the span of many websites, tend to be highest on my list.

@CopyPat seems to be the exception in my top 10 here, but I think seeing him missed off Certain's list all together made me want to give him his due props. If I worked further down the list to a Top 25 or even 50, he would probably be replaced for that reason alone.
Camarac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 11:25 AM   #16
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

>netcees all time best
>bases analysis and rankings on past sites

Nice write up though
PancakeBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 11:29 AM   #17
Camarac
The Grinch

Camarac has a brilliant futureCamarac has a brilliant futureCamarac has a brilliant futureCamarac has a brilliant futureCamarac has a brilliant futureCamarac has a brilliant futureCamarac has a brilliant futureCamarac has a brilliant futureCamarac has a brilliant futureCamarac has a brilliant futureCamarac has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pancake View Post
>netcees all time best
>bases analysis and rankings on past sites

Nice write up though
I based it on their consistency and prolificity, but only included in my list guys that are members here.

My top ten would look a lot different if I included everyone from across the net.

No offence intended to anyone, just wrote it up quick while on my lunchbreak.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:38 AM   #18
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

Copy Pat has not been in many actual battles on this site. He'd be top 10 or 15 in Open Mic.
Certain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 11:43 AM   #19
Camarac
The Grinch

Do they have to battle to be considered for best writer?

#DevilsAdvocate
Old 08-26-2014, 11:44 AM   #20
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

On my list, they did. It was clearly stated. Otherwise, @RichardCorey could've been No. 1. He has an account here.
Certain is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baron top 5 oat, fliptop circumcision skin, get a fucking life, internet idols, lars beat certain, lars overrated af, lars tryhard, lars=really bad oats, noahs ark full of wolfs, split hate to thread, split mad he not named lol, text is ur life, walls of faggot