Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board

User Tag List

Old 03-18-2020, 07:10 PM   #1
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future
Default Can we re-instate OMNOMs?

Now that a lot of people gonna be sitting inside, why don't we try to give a lil incentive to drop fire in the OM section? There's a couple sick pieces there now.

Universe - Once upon a time in Cyberspace http://www.netcees.org/showthread.php?t=142329
And Deadman's For Alyssa II - http://www.netcees.org/showthread.php?t=142476

These are both remarkable pieces. I miss Open Mic Nominations for verse of the month and I think both of these would have been strong contenders. We could just post up a poll lasting a week at start of each month. Only people in the HoF or those that have won VotM are eligible to vote, in the event of a tie people that have won topical tournaments in the past are eligible to vote.

An idea I got would be that whoever got the most (or equal wins) for the year will get OM-King 2020 as a title as to not saturate the titles with Verse of the Month shit. Maybe this would give people an incentive to not only be active but also consistently post solid drops and keep elevating their pen game.

Same thing could be done for the Audio section to get shit going there too, and would be a reminder for people to check it out once in a while. I often forget there's an audio section on NCs, lol.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8ozGcGJ6o
Objective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 07:21 PM   #2
Aero
GOAT

Battle Record: 14-17

Champed
- Site Diss Competition
- Tag Tournament III
- Lyric Olympics
- Tag Tournament: "Omicron Variant"

Aero Aero Aero Aero Aero Aero Aero Aero Aero Aero Aero

No we're not doing nominations because then it's susceptible of being prisoner of the moment. The verse drop by Universe I stopped reading after the first bar:

Once upon a time in cyber space there was a pawn who couldn't get it right
This rook' progressed by biting and puffing his chess out every night

NO NO NO.

And let's all finally be real about Deadman's verses. Does anyone get it? It sounds good but it's all melancholic jibberish.

Someone needs to come with fire and then only the top OM heads should decide on HOF.

Aero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 07:28 PM   #3
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero View Post
Someone needs to come with fire and then only the top OM heads should decide on HOF.
Sounds good to me.

I get Deadman's verses, they can be abstract/philosophical reflections on life and emotional situations tho, so it can sometimes be hard to pick up unless you give it some thought. He doesn't always hit but he comes correct more often than not imo. I do agree with some of what you're saying tho, however, the problem with leaving out nominations is that a lot of pieces will end up in obscurity because the "OM-heads" just didn't read that much that month. We need more eyes to scope through the sea of filth to find the gems, the "OM-heads" will remember whether or not they've read a verse but should also be respectable enough that they won't dismiss a verse just because they saw who wrote it, gotta give each submission a fair chance, which is what you didn't do with Universe's verse. And ofc, you can't nom your own.

Let's be real, this place isn't active enough right now to put faith in top writers to do the heavy lifting all on their own cus most don't frequent OM enough, or give feed. I'm not saying it doesn't happen but it's not enough to base VotM on. It'd be too focused on certain styles if we got 2-3 people doing the work of scoping every submission in the OM each month. It doesn't have to be a big official thing, just something fun to keep running. Could be 100% community driven too, fuck the naysayers and nepotism, if enough people find something good regardless of skill it's what the majority of people on the site liked the most, and that could be good enough. We can start this idea from scratch too, but I wouldn't be opposed to your ideas if it works over time cus that would be best. But it needs a varied panel of at least 5 people that actively scopes OM and reads/leave feed.

Last edited by Objective; 03-18-2020 at 07:40 PM.
Old 03-18-2020, 07:31 PM   #4
Aero
GOAT

Champed
- Site Diss Competition
- Tag Tournament III
- Lyric Olympics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Objective View Post
Sounds good to me.

I get Deadman's verses, they can be abstract/philosophical reflections on life and emotional situations tho, so it can sometimes be hard to pick up unless you give it some thought. He doesn't always hit but he comes correct more often than not imo. I do agree with some of what you're saying tho, however, the problem with leaving out nominations is that a lot of pieces will end up in obscurity because the "OM-heads" just didn't read that much that month. We need more eyes to scope through the sea of filth to find the gems, the "OM-heads" will remember whether or not they've read a verse but should also be respectable enough that they won't dismiss a verse just because they see who wrote it, gotta give each submission a fair chance.

Agreed. I think people should be able to vote and then it has to go under the scrutiny of a panel. Or if enough people petition for a verse to be included that would suffice. Thanks for bringing this up.

Old 03-18-2020, 07:41 PM   #5
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Oh, yeah, my bad. I should have made that more clear in my initial post. We're on the same page then.

Old 03-18-2020, 10:27 PM   #6
Exis

Battle Record: 3-3

Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis

Where my pieces nigga lol...Word I need to get @ Black's latest, I skimmed briefly & shit was raw.
Exis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 12:06 AM   #7
Ouch

Battle Record: 1-5

Accomplishments
- Lost to Kill Spree

Champed
- Wall Talking

Ouch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant future

i'll have to check this out
Ouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 12:48 AM   #8
dull boy
consults Lloyd

Battle Record: 0-8

Champed
-1-2 Punch League Roast

dull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero View Post
And let's all finally be real about Deadman's verses. Does anyone get it?
Negged
dull boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 01:14 AM   #9
Ouch

Battle Record: 1-5

Accomplishments
- Lost to Kill Spree

Champed
- Wall Talking

Ouch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant future

you guys are talking about uhh.. what they call topicals right?

I never did that other than this long magnus opus I did that i'm sure got lost on one of the other sites.. it was long as fuck and based somewhat on me and about whatever the topic was.

I'd like to write about a random topic though, its been a long time but I think i'd be pretty good at it. I'm sure not as good as some of you people who've practiced a lot but I wouldn't mind trying it out.
Ouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 03:38 PM   #10
Eŋg
rhyme capsule.

Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg

yea, we can

i'll be the sole member of the panel. it's ok, i'm elite.

universe's writing is outstanding as far as a cure for insomnia goes. i legitimately can't sit through something he has written, and my attention span is solid.

dead man is dope but if you read him closely, he has been exhibiting the same/similar literary tropes for the best part of a decade. i don't know exactly what i'll get reading him, but i do know there or thereabouts. that makes him less interesting. but then, i've read him a lot - and for a long time, so there is that.

voting no for both. on the topic of HOF, @Seyance is a coattail-riding faggot. just so you know.

you're welcome.

mods close this thread?

Last edited by Eŋg; 03-22-2020 at 03:41 PM.
Eŋg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 07:12 PM   #11
Diablo
Badgerdick

Battle Record: 11-2

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Diablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant future

Universe shall be dealt with accordingly.
Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 09:26 PM   #12
Aero
GOAT

Champed
- Site Diss Competition
- Tag Tournament III
- Lyric Olympics

LOL!

Old 03-23-2020, 11:41 PM   #13
NYCSPITZ
SYRACUSE

Battle Record: 31-37

Champed
- Write Night II
- Alias Topical Tournament

NYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eŋg View Post
yea, we can

i'll be the sole member of the panel. it's ok, i'm elite.

universe's writing is outstanding as far as a cure for insomnia goes. i legitimately can't sit through something he has written, and my attention span is solid.

dead man is dope but if you read him closely, he has been exhibiting the same/similar literary tropes for the best part of a decade. i don't know exactly what i'll get reading him, but i do know there or thereabouts. that makes him less interesting. but then, i've read him a lot - and for a long time, so there is that.

voting no for both. on the topic of HOF, @Seyance is a coattail-riding faggot. just so you know.

you're welcome.

mods close this thread?
loled heavy at this one
Old 03-24-2020, 05:27 AM   #14
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Quote:
yea, we can

i'll be the sole member of the panel. it's ok
That's completely fine if everyone else agrees with it, srs. So, any pieces in the OM you would nominate? Do you think there ever will be any verses in the OM that would be worthy to nominate as a HoF-piece with your own pieces included? How would YOU inspire people to give that little extra to write better and more OM-pieces? 3-2-1, GO!

Fucking demotivational shitposter that ain't wrote a piece or joined anything text-related in ages thinking he's still relevant outside of disc.

@Ouch, check out OM and sign in for week 3 in the GWL.

Last edited by Objective; 03-24-2020 at 05:33 AM.
Old 03-24-2020, 01:55 PM   #15
Eŋg
rhyme capsule.

Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg

yea anything @Live heat or @NYCSPITZ writes is HOF for sure

also anything i've contributed under my @Pakistani Hand Cannon handle (mostly cypher verses) deserves the nod

don't worry yourself with relevance, young one. the key to self-expression is an evocation of your own ability - entirely unconcerned with external validation. in that way, art is truth, if authentic.

fuck you look like, asking someone to tell you you're dope? be dope, you streak of piss. stand on your own two, i believe in you. believe in yourself!
Eŋg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 03:48 PM   #16
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Quote:
yea anything @Live heat or @NYCSPITZ writes is HOF for sure

also anything i've contributed under my @Pakistani Hand Cannon handle (mostly cypher verses) deserves the nod

fuck you look like, asking someone to tell you you're dope? be dope, you streak of piss. stand on your own two, i believe in you. believe in yourself!
Oh shit, NYCSPITZ is you? Lmfao. Seriously tho, I never knew. Eng often comes off to me the wrong way as a high on himself knowitall but I find NYCSPITZ to be a dope person, lol. I'll still have the impression of Eng being a rather negative asshole when you post as that. I may have misunderstood what you meant and you namedropped him as a writer worthy of writing HoF-verses, in which case, which recent pieces in 2020 would you put forth? What I'm hoping nom-shit would do is inspire to give that lil bit extra effort into pieces before posting them up, cus I know it did that with me back in the days when it first got introduced. It made me, and probably others too, wanting to polish stuff further.

Nah, I've never looked for anyone to think I'm really dope in anything. I know I'll never be. I've always meddled with a bunch of things and I'm happy being average in a few things but know enough that I know what I'm talking about. Coming correct once or twice, and not really excelling in any of em consistently is ok. I just try my best to inspire and create atmospheres where people can grow cus I usually don't have that drive myself even tho I wish I did. But Mags ain't being written without having an effect either, people like to be praised for their efforts and I like to nurture that. It's important for some even if it ain't for you, if you're this confident in your own ability then you've come a long way and I give you cred for that. You are a dope writer for sure, no doubt about that. But motivation comes at a price for some even if they ain't vocal about it. People tend to join leagues etc. where mags are consistent for a reason. I feel OM has lacked in quality for a while, and it'd be dope if you could get a 2020 title for posting the most consistent dope drops throughout the year. It COULD get it all popping again, not that isn't now, but it could be better. Don't you think?

In Rocket League I've coached people that have surpassed me now. Same goes for skateboarding. I'm above average in both of those things. That's why I get demotivated af and a bit pissed when people get negative when I try to inspire and do something when they've done NOTHING to improve things themselves, or have some points as to why it shouldn't be done. It's why I jumped in to try to keep the OM-shit going. It's hard to find motivation when fading away seems like a good option on the reg, and the only thing keeping it in check is smoking heaps of weed. And that's that. Not getting sarcasm, not understanding shit from what's being said here is seriously due to being stuck in a crazy stage of life where I barely recognize myself. My brain is on high alert 24/7 and has been for the past few years, it's honestly surprising I maintain myself enough to have friends and can go on dates. It's tough getting jokes and what people put behind words unless I have my good days, I'm generally socially withdrawn and just a broken human being right now. Do I let it affect me? Yes. Should I do it? No, but it is what it is. Won't be like this forever, I hope.

Last edited by Objective; 03-24-2020 at 04:28 PM.
Old 03-24-2020, 11:12 PM   #17
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

Havent read anything except OP.

Universe is not good.

I agree to any and all random black nominations.
And the ditch in the back road stop
Could you find me?
PancakeBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 04:57 AM   #18
Pakistani Hand Cannon

Pakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant futurePakistani Hand Cannon has a brilliant future

Quote:
Oh shit, NYCSPITZ is you? Lmfao. Seriously tho, I never knew. Eng often comes off to me the wrong way as a high on himself knowitall but I find NYCSPITZ to be a dope person, lol. I'll still have the impression of Eng being a rather negative asshole when you post as that. I may have misunderstood what you meant and you namedropped him as a writer worthy of writing HoF-verses, in which case, which recent pieces in 2020 would you put forth? What I'm hoping nom-shit would do is inspire to give that lil bit extra effort into pieces before posting them up, cus I know it did that with me back in the days when it first got introduced. It made me, and probably others too, wanting to polish stuff further.

Nah, I've never looked for anyone to think I'm really dope in anything. I know I'll never be. I've always meddled with a bunch of things and I'm happy being average in a few things but know enough that I know what I'm talking about. Coming correct once or twice, and not really excelling in any of em consistently is ok. I just try my best to inspire and create atmospheres where people can grow cus I usually don't have that drive myself even tho I wish I did. But Mags ain't being written without having an effect either, people like to be praised for their efforts and I like to nurture that. It's important for some even if it ain't for you, if you're this confident in your own ability then you've come a long way and I give you cred for that. You are a dope writer for sure, no doubt about that. But motivation comes at a price for some even if they ain't vocal about it. People tend to join leagues etc. where mags are consistent for a reason. I feel OM has lacked in quality for a while, and it'd be dope if you could get a 2020 title for posting the most consistent dope drops throughout the year. It COULD get it all popping again, not that isn't now, but it could be better. Don't you think?

In Rocket League I've coached people that have surpassed me now. Same goes for skateboarding. I'm above average in both of those things. That's why I get demotivated af and a bit pissed when people get negative when I try to inspire and do something when they've done NOTHING to improve things themselves, or have some points as to why it shouldn't be done. It's why I jumped in to try to keep the OM-shit going. It's hard to find motivation when fading away seems like a good option on the reg, and the only thing keeping it in check is smoking heaps of weed. And that's that. Not getting sarcasm, not understanding shit from what's being said here is seriously due to being stuck in a crazy stage of life where I barely recognize myself. My brain is on high alert 24/7 and has been for the past few years, it's honestly surprising I maintain myself enough to have friends and can go on dates. It's tough getting jokes and what people put behind words unless I have my good days, I'm generally socially withdrawn and just a broken human being right now. Do I let it affect me? Yes. Should I do it? No, but it is what it is. Won't be like this forever, I hope.
@Eŋg give this nigga a book review atleast.

Damn.
Pakistani Hand Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 02:39 PM   #19
Mr. J
The Clown Prince

Battle Record: 35-45

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Mr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant future

Nah
Old 03-28-2020, 12:01 AM   #20
Vulgar
Razor-thin derision

Battle Record: 40-25

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Champed
- Fight Night LIV
- Gimmick Battle League (2x)
- Write Week II
- Art of Writing League
- Storytelling And Topical Invitational Tournament
- STI
- Haiku Writer Challenge
- GWL Picture Challenge(2x)

Vulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant future

Quote:
It's hard to find motivation when fading away seems like a good option on the reg, and the only thing keeping it in check is smoking heaps of weed. And that's that. Not getting sarcasm, not understanding shit from what's being said here is seriously due to being stuck in a crazy stage of life where I barely recognize myself. My brain is on high alert 24/7 and has been for the past few years, it's honestly surprising I maintain myself enough to have friends and can go on dates. It's tough getting jokes and what people put behind words unless I have my good days, I'm generally socially withdrawn and just a broken human being right now. Do I let it affect me? Yes. Should I do it? No, but it is what it is. Won't be like this forever, I hope.
Have you thought about writing articles for a website? Could be a way to express yourself and learn from the process, in addition to open mic constructiveness. In case one falls through, the other is there. There's lots of online publications looking for writers.
Vulgar is offline   Reply With Quote