Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > STI: Storytelling And Topical Invitational (2016)

User Tag List

Old 08-29-2016, 05:15 PM   #1
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Battle Record: 28-3

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Guerrilla Writing League (2x)
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation STI: "WHO'S WHO?!" - BATTLER BIOS by NYCSPITZ and LARS!

- NYCSPITZ:

Ladies and gentlemen, wolves and sheep, liars and the honest...it is my sincere pleasure to present to you a comprehensive bio for each writer, as well as how I would have projected rankings, for this prestigious event. As the illusion of time presses forward, we age - today is the youngest we will ever be; yet it is also the oldest that we have ever been. It is time to take advantage of this precious pearl known as "PRESENT TIME" to cement yourself in the topical HOF...to cement yourself as a legend. Here we go:

BAGS - The almighty king of the discussion forum. A weight room behemoth whose manhood has been forged in the crucible of angry nerds using wordplay and punchlines to temporarily destroy the other's ego. This is a human whose growing recklessness and flamboyance must be celebrated - he has made a staple of posting his tinder conquests, which range from the questionably disgusting, to sometimes the alluring. Why would somebody so openly post such excursions for his online friends? Does this speak of boyhood or manhood @veritas? Like most of you, this is a caucasian man who has embraced the sacred path of the African warrior - he has embraced hip-hop. His taste in mixtapes and albums is actually pretty good, I always keep an eye out for the NC populace's general sentiment regarding music at all times TBH. I have only ever read 1 topical from the man, and it was decent, but does he stack up against elite competition? Only time will tell....

VULGAR - The wordsmith. The joyous journalist. The crazed genius. The word "VULGAR" has for years been synonymous with the himalayan peak of topical prowess. Boasting a top 5 vocab of humans existing all time, in addition to Shakespeare, Jorge-Louis Borges, HAL-900 and Xenon-X76 from area 51, this is a man currently in school working on his craft. Think about it. He is probably the most raw, natural writer in the tournament, and he's so hungry that he's actually STUDYING IN A DOPE COLLEGE RIGHT NOW to further his craft. unbelievable. I have the dude on twitter and he constantly posts a vast array of thought-provoking titles which, if consumed, would undoubtedly lead to a cosmopolitan and genius-level world-view. Having matured into a man *sniff, sniff*, this once paranoid schizophrenic outcast has gained stronger command of his mental resources, even going so far as to collaborate with mad geniuses in order to - for the first time in history - COMPLETELY reverse all paranoid and skitzo tendencies resulting in a healthier world view involving questioning whether or not everything is an illuminati conspiracy. Wisdom comes to the searcher, and there are certainly very few who continue to search as this man has. But will his search take him to the promised land?

SOULSTICE - This man is somewhat of a mystery to me...he seems like a cool dude, but I can't really place how he would be IRL. Is he skinny? Is he fat? Would he be loud and self-assured, or timid, deep and pessimistic? I get the feeling he would be sort of like a mix of those...sort of like Rust Cohle from true detective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNHsPstiNBc

Either way, solstice has been a staple since the ghosts of topical past, and can easily take the whole tournament. If I recall, he lost to pinot in the short-verse tournament with a cool verse about a robot with lasers that was turning into a destructive humanoid or something. Here is a man whose style encompasses mastery in every aspect of t he craft. Wise, he is deceptive. Virtuous, he is a pithy storyteller. Brave, he steps into the frontier of silky smooth multiple rhymes with a daring achieved by very few. He is one of the less active members here. Can he get it done?

FRANK - The reigning champion of the AOWL season six is approaching this tournament with great gusto and pride. However, can he maintain his championship status? He keeps bringing up his stacked win column as proof of GOAT - yet undoubtedly he has championed the weakest AOWL season of all time. compared to the first 4 seasons, 5 and 6 have fallen far short. Does he have enough quality wins under his belt to win TWO titles in a row? We will soon find out...Here is a man who blasts posts upon the discussion forum bringing topical threads to the forefront in a desperate ploy for attention and recognition as GOAT. A man who types with arrogance towards most and strange attachment to others (diode food battle, stalking certain "AYO TALENT WE CAME UP TOGETHER IM PROUD" for the 7,888th time...) Yet despite such strange antics, he in undeniably talented. If he can reach into the deepest depths of his bag of tricks, I think he can maybe make the semis, but with the level of talent honestly I don't think so. Prove me wrong, Frank, prove me wrong...

NYCSPITZ - Your boy has championed the Alias tournament vs Pinot and Write night 2 vs. Darth Yoda aka Big Baby. Two strong wins to be sure, but I haven't really done much damage other than that. My favorite piece is one I wrote against Vulgar in one of the first battles of season 2, or one of the 2 topical wins I have against deadman, one a safari epic and the other a kung-fu monastery epic which is no longer available online. I probably have some other good ones but they always fall short of the mastery I have envisioned for myself. I will have to dig deep and go super saiyan to stand a chance here, because as Certain has stated I have never reached super saiyan 2, let alone 3 or 4. There always seems to be something missing imo from my pieces - a sense of continuity, a flowing story, various writing devices. Can I put it all together this time? I am motivated by the challenge and competition...let's see what happens.

PANCAKEBRAH - Meet Cake Bro - a fellow alcoholic, vagina sniffing, book nerd with a nearly unstoppable vocabulary and mastery of smooth, delicate storytelling. I remember he crushed your boy's full length verse one time with a short, smooth as fuck suicide story about a pussy-whipped beta male book nerd. At his peak, I would place cake easily top 10 of NC all-time, if not top 5. He is a staple in the discussion forum, and encapsulates most of the virile qualities associated with a strong, growing manhood. Topically, he champed Season 2 against a weak Frank verse and boasts many notable victories over top competition, including me, NYCSPITZ. He seems like one of the few bros who would be cool to hang out with in real life on the forum - he would probably behave in a manner very close to what he displays on the forum, instead of all creepy and shy, or insecurely loud as most others here would undoubtedly appear during face to face confrontations with other NC heads. I think cake if he shows will easily make the semis, and a finals verse from him would be epic, and could be placed possibly upon that hallowed mantle of "top 25 topical verses ever written". The question is, can he put down the maker's mark and tinder app (one swipe available per 5 minutes as per montana population) to stop feverishly texting reservation girls with swole boobs, in order to write a dope and coherent verse? I don't know, homie. I don't know...

BIG BABY - Big Baby...aka Darth Yoda, aka Void, aka Dull boy etc. etc. Probably one of the top writers of all time in terms of raw ability and willfully writing at top levels. He has eclectic, somewhat pessimistic intellectual tastes, such as bukowski, and weird paintings of hell which he praised in a dead man OM feed. Mostly, he seems like a bold young man filled with creative intelligence and angst. Like many comrades of his ilk (Vegeta, Hemingway, sasuke from naruto, Tyler Durden), this volatile mix of emotions has led to a strangley complex globule of personality which tends to breed a humorous, cavalier personality, a cavalier personality hiding profound depth and very logical yet warped philosophy regarding his approach to reality. More than once he has stated his fondness for the philosophy that what makes one feel good, is the greatest good for that person. Not like Plato's Good where everything, without the labels and delusions placed upon it by mankind, is somehow inherently pleasurable and good. His pragmatic, yet somewhat cynical and detatched view has led to his becoming a polarized figure in the OMs and Disc forum where people either love him or hate him. Talent wise, I feel sometimes he uses words nonsensically and sacrifices content for eminem rap-god flow, but the crazy thing is, even with that, his mind is so turbulent that one can still sense the underlying power of mental force and strings of depth pulsing throughout the entirety of his verse. Can he win this? Yes. Will he? I don't think so but would enjoy reading him in the finals or semis - would be epic

ENG - The Oxford Olympian. The onerous, oscillating orchestration of OZ. The One. Here is a man attending one of the most prestigious schools in the entire world, and has a style completely unique unto himself. His fragmented, viciously intelligent, vocabulary and image intense style is dope as hell. Usually, if he comes on point, it's hard to find any faults at all. The only problem that could potentially occur is he overthinks it and gets too dense. Alas, the lad is brilliant and pithy enough to know what to do here. When he's not doing his best tier-4 James Bond impersonation on Oxford underclassmen, or searching for Hogwarts secret location on the english coast via weird secretive online message boards, this evil-genius is cultivating the strong, somewhat xenophobic British quality of conquest and arrogance. Even so, this The sun never set ass, colonization ass, weird accent ass motherfucker is my pick for dark horse to win the whole thing. In fact few victors would give me less pleasure than to see Eng take this, as I think this is his opportunity to show the topical world, at its greatest stage, that he has another gear.

Last edited by sral; 08-29-2016 at 05:25 PM.
sral is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 05:16 PM   #2
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

NYCSPITZ Cont...

PENT UP - The legend himself. 2nd seed in the Winter Topical, this behemoth is considered by some to eclipse even the dead man himself in terms of topical GOAT status. He has a unique knack for storytelling. The closest competitor he has here in terms of style is pinot grij imo. Both are maybe the best pure storytellers here, and seeing as how this is a storytelling tournament, IMO pent and pinot are the top 2 foavorites to win it. In addition to legendary host Lars these are the 3 ppl who pop up to the forefront when it comes to straight up storytelling. I haven't really fucked with Pent like that until that league run by that weird outcast dude that started his own website. But according to many he is GOAT and his few drops on NC prove he is in fact formidable and his name belongs in that same hallowed breath of champions such as dead man, vulgar, pinot grij, sacrifice (dude died) and soulstice. TO be honest I'd be shocked if he didn't make the finals at least, and anything below a remarkable run to the semis would be a total let down for Pent Up.

SPLIT EIGHT - This fucking skinny ass, redheaded bender (sucks at hockey), nerd looking, lanky cocksucker known as split eight is somewhat of a good will hunting genius ass mother fucker. The Bostonian with the willowy frame will be looking to win his first major title via a gamut of the strongest topical competition on the whole web. In a tournament of best on best, it's no surprise that the remaining topical behemoths online are all highly intelligent people as well as many rather forceful personalities. Split's presence lies in the fact that he can do a solid tier 2 dead man impersonation, although if he works on a piece with HIS style instead he can easily produce elite tier material. It would not surprise me in the least if he came through with some of the best verses of the tournament in the early going, but can his style carry him to the finals? Only time can tell. In terms of pure talent, if he can focus and stop swiping right for 80% of the Boston College Eagle females he encounters whilst slamming pabst blue ribbons and losing at NHL 2016 on xbox, he may make a dent here.

UNBORNBUDDHA - a proponent of the mahayana school of buddhism, unborn buddha is the most abstract and concept focused writer here. This doesn't necessarily bode well for him against a deep field who can all expertly tell stories sickly in rhyme format. This mother fucker here is currently probably engaged in a weird form of 3 month retreat celibate meditation reaching enlightenment on the craggy shards of rock (like those hand mountains from afro samurai) upon which an ancient chinese zen monastery has stood for centuries. If he can obtain wifi access in that remote area in a little known mountain province known as "MOVE PEN NOW GAOW", this esteemed member of the literati can open all of his chakras and merge with the slepndor of universal oneness. As a particularly open vehicle for the high road to enlightenment, this particularly esteemed soul knows that he is but a fluctuation of the fabric of space time (AKA GOD) which permeates the cosmos entire. Can he call upon the heavens to win? Just know that whoever wins, buddha will also win. For one is all...and all is one.

PINOT GIRJ - This caustic bottle of white wine has been fermenting deep in a cellar of lyrical darkness for years. After years of waiting, this vintage pinot is ready to shock your taste buds with, IMO, an exclamation point victory in the tournament. Pinot is my fav to win the tournament bc he is at his very best a pure storyteller, and I think if he stays on point for the whole tournament he will be unstoppable, like a cascading avalanche of roaring snow falling solemnly down the slaloms of an ancient Scandinavian glacier. This piece of shit is rather offensive in tonality in his discussion posts but that only adds to the vim and vigor of his drops, which at their best contain an unstoppable mix of storytelling mechanics, humor, cavalier narration, dark action, unheralded twists, and charles dickens-esque dictation. He is truly a specimen to look out for, as the topical scene has never seen anything like him. Can anybody stand in the way of this charging giant? I don't know if they can, but I will have to give it my all if I encounter him. The tournament favorite in my opinion - pinot grij.

DEAD MAN - The best of the best. How many people try to copy this motherfucker? That's why he's GOAT imo. But in pure storytelling, while he still is at the upper edge of elite, he has stiff competition in terms of guys like lars, pent and pinot. At his best Dead man is a barrage of conceptual carnage and sadistic symmetry, Nietzschean negation, metaphorical meandering, homonym humility, and lyrical lasciviousness. I have drawn the man in the first round, honestly I like the matchup. Although we are all growing older, and some of you will inevitably be left to wallow forever in the working class because you lack the belief in yourself to rise above such poverty, I think we all can make time for this super tournament. I work 40 tough hours and travel, sometimes very far to work but that's nothing a few red bulls wont cure. I am considering going to my adderall plug to face this monster, but since it fucked with my heart before I think I may have to stick to water, red bull, some monsters, and a few hail marys. My record against dead man is something of a 3-1 record but one was an ancient rapworlds battle which didn't count and the most recent battle was a dead man championship W in season 4 against NYC. Despite referring to myself in the 3rd person, I think I can garner enough focus to give deadman a run for his money, although he undoubtedbly will be the favorite. I didn't like my last verse against him but it is what it is. I got this. I think.

COREY/CIMM/Atheist - not really too familiar with you guys. bet you're dope tho? Sorry...LMAO...

Last edited by sral; 08-29-2016 at 05:26 PM.
Old 08-29-2016, 05:18 PM   #3
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

- President Lars:

Waddup NCG's!
The Pres officially welcomes you all to what will be the greatest show of topical and storytelling skill the interwebz still has to offer. It's 2016. A lot of exceptional talent has been nurtured over recent years, and the roster is also jam-packed with returning veterans of the game eager to show they still have what it takes to dominate at the highest level of competition. Not a single one of these guys can be wrote off as a contender. The board has hand selected some of the finest barsmiths known in textceedom and offered them an open-invite to compete in this text-ravaganza! You can virtually mix and match the roster and every battle has potential classic wrote all over it. This is the time. Who will be crowned King? Well, let's have a look at our competition line-up...

The Sweet Sixteen holds a vast array of talent from all around the interwebz, including some returning legends and more recent stars of the topical scene - oh, and Bags. This shit promises to be the most exciting topical battle tourney to ever go down! The invites were handpicked and sent out, and with numbers VERY limited there were undoubtedly some great writers that missed out on the opportunity - which only serves to show you the level of competition in a tournament where the likes of Witty, oatmeal, B.E, and Certain were forced to sit this one out on the reserved bench. Holy mother of god! Let's take a look at those involved:
@Bags @Cimmerian @RichardCorey @Vulgar
@Eng @PancakeBrah @dead man @big baby @Atheist @Pent uP @NYCSPITZ @Frank @Split Eight
@UnbornBuddah
@Soulstice - Soul is actually a former crew member of mine (as are a few others involved) but that was years ago and he's come on leaps and bounds since those days. His writing is now very refined, as those familiar can vouch. In fact, I'll tell you that his style now is virtually unrecognisable from the youngster with potential my crew picked up initially all those years ago. He's developed into a beast. I've no shame in admitting that, though I'd like to think my tutelage somehow influenced that. Mainly because I'm an ego maniac. Partly because he's that damn good.

@dead man Dead man (Black D) may be one of the best writers of our generation. It would be easier to tell you the leagues and tourneys he hasn't champed, in truth! This guy is a machine. His wording and unique turns of phrase are essentially what makes him stand out, but that isn't to say he's a one-trick pony. Far from it. You don't stay at the top of your game for this long when that's the case. Dead man is a precocious talent, taking every aspect of his personal life and spilling it out there for the world to see unashamedly. He writes with flare. He writes with poise. He writes with a fire in his belly, and once that's been stoked there are VERY few that can match him.

@Eŋg - Eng is somewhat of a dark horse in entering this tournament I think. His actual writing ability isn't in question here, although, some may argue he has never proven himself clinical on the big stage when it matters. I'd argue one huge win could well change that. The great thing about Eng, for me, is his more free-flowing verses that come off effortlessly as he strings words and sentences together with ease. For the unfamiliar, please dig out his verse about the gladiator fighting for his life in the coliseum! This guy is a force to be reckoned with, often found in the Open Mic forum tearing it up regularly rather than in the AOWL - which is possibly why he goes under the radar of many of the sites "known" names. Rest assured, Eng is no slouch and the powers that be had him named in their initial invites for a reason. He isn't here to make up the numbers. Eng is a proven talent, and I feel if he makes the business end of the tournament he'll have grown in confidence with the belief he can take on anyone and win. Definitely one to keep an eye on, especially in the trickier early rounds where he may be an unknown quantity to some of our line up and catch them unaware!

@Bags - Arguably the most controversial entrant into this entire biz due to the fact he's predominantly a good text battling behemoth of NC's who rarely pokes his head into the multi-coloured world of topical rainbows and unicorn urine. For the rest uninitiated though, Bags has competed in numerous topical battles here at The Lime with a great deal of success - champing one finals over Veritas to be crowned top dog and facing off against Cashius in another memorable finale. Anthony Swollavito is no slouch. His resume and track record in these competitions should speak for themselves. He may well be the most underrated topical head this site has known, but his talent hasn't gone unnoticed by the sites upper tier writers and the likes of NYCSPITZ and Dancake agree - he's included in the line up ahead of some very, very skilled writers. I wouldn't put it past him to bag a few upsets (pun ALWAYS intended)!

@Pinot Grij - Pinot was long considered one of the most enigmatic writers this forum had seen. Eventually it was revealed he was a long-time veteran of the battle scene under an alias, but he is absolute magic! The thing I love about Pinot is his refreshing take on topics, his comedic style wins over a lot of writers and he is really reminiscent of CopyPat at times IMHO. Regardless, he's dope as fuck in his own right and his more battle-orientated background lends to his style as he litters verses with countless quotable couplets all richly served with a huge slice of satire. Delicious. Rarely do you see Chef Grij deliver a ham-fisted course, either. He has a flavour all of his own, and it's one to be savoured rather than devoured. I guess my awful food analogy ends there with this one. The readers are in for a treat with his fine cuisine. Bon a petit, everyone!

@big baby - While regulars of the Open Mic may possibly be more familiar with BB da BB's portfolio than the AOWL stalwarts - there's surely no denying the babies talent. This guy can write! Big Baby isn't selected on merit, he's arguably top five on the site - probably more so top three in all honesty - when he chooses to put something down, the board listens. One thing is for sure, this guy is no sucker, and he won't throw his toys out of the pram if a vote goes against him. Okay enough with the baby idioms for a second, this guy signing in was a huge green light for the tournaments success and personally I'm really pleased to have him on board. If he doesn't get caught twiddling with his moustachio I can see this guy reaching the finals.

@NYCSPITZ: A LOT of you guys sleep on NYC. Me? I've known (of) the guy since our days at HipHopKings (shouts to Chin Kwon!) and he's been a problem since then. That was years ago! While NYC isn't as prolific a writer as some of the others involved with the STI, this guy has proved time and time over he has what it takes to compete at the business ends of leagues and tourneys with the best of the best the net has to offer. He's done it. I think all dude is lacking is one HUGE win to finally put him over into that small pool of elite tier respected writers. This could well be that tournament. He's experienced, he's motivated, and could be considered an underdog in some respects given the weight of expectation surrounding our other entrants involved! Could this really be NYC's time to rise and rank amongst the best of the best? Only time will tell...

@Vulgar - This guy is one of RapFlava's most unique writers. His creativity and innovation is up there with just about anyone to have done this damn thing, and I don't say that lightly. I don't think it's unfair to say the real threat to Vulgars chances here is the man himself, Vulgar. On his day his writing is a phenomenal blend of other worldy tales, suspense and a unique narration that is unmistakably Vulg. The ring rust may have set in, as I haven't seen him writing as prolifically of recent, but I think if he makes it through the first through rounds and settled into his stride - he could do some real damage in the tournament. Having competed in many of the toughest leagues on the web over time, this guy knows what it will take to win. He's a huge draw for a reason, he would have been seeded much higher had he been more active for sure!

@RichardCorey - Talk about ghosts of Textmas past! The legendary RC returns to take part in this crazy one-off tournament featuring some of the greatest writers to even push the space bar on a keyboard. What do I say about this guy that hasn't already been said before? He is a legend in every sense of the word. Probably THE single best writer to be found on a hiphop forum for the past decade of more. This guy has more HOF worthy verses than we have in our entire archive here. He's done his thing at just about every hiphop forum with an acronym you'll come across. I mean, he's Rich Corey for fucks sake! Just how much he has in the tank after his lengthy lay off remains to be seen, BUT with his job now as an online writer - I imagine it isnt too far removed from this beloved hobby of ours that it will cause him too much trouble. He is the undisputed king of this shit. Be that the RSTL, the RHYME, or just about any tournament you can think of. There are very few writers with a win over RC, and for very good reason. A motivated RC is a problem for any writer out there; lets just hope he sticks around long enough to make the business end of the tournament!

@Pent uP - Pent is both one of my greatest allies and greatest foes. We've competed against each other, we've played active rolls in crews together. And there is good reason for that. This vodka-sipping motherfucker is one of the best of his generation in text, long looked up to and admired for his naturalistic style - coupling a fantastic cadence to his writing along with a technical flair that has simply proven too much for the majority of his opponents to match. Pent is also a former RSTL and RHYME champion - as well as running through an entire season of the AOWL here undefeated! His accolades should speak for themselves. Even if you aren't familiar with his work, you will be with his name. As his writing matured he became one of the writers I both respect and admire. Granted, he may not have been as active on the scene of recent as he had been in the not-too-distant past - but sleep on him and you'll lose. It's that simple. Not that I imagine his opponents will get much sleep knowing they're up against him!

@Cimmerian: The UPN veteran, possibly RapLeagues also if memory serves me correct though I am a lot older than I once was haha! The great thing about Cimm, for me, is the emphasis he places on flow. It's a characteristic a lot of our more seasoned writers don't tend to place as strong an importance on, even though it's one myself feels is ever so important. Cimm has almost two decades worth of experience accompanying him and is rightly highly thought of by his fellow peers. Netcees has seen a resurgent Cimm return to writing semi-regularly as well as dropping some of his older stuff here for the newer era to marvel at. It's safe to say his style is extremely well refined at this point, he has his groove and rarely deviates from it now. He wears his style like a well worn glove, and it's a comfortable fit. I love Cimm. He's almost a throwback to the prehistoric days of text - and yet, somehow, he finds himself smack bang in the middle of the biggest topical tournament to go down for years with his name touted as one of just sixteen invitees. That's some feat. Generally Cimm tends to stick to shorter lined verses compact full of wonderful wording and beautiful imagery. He lets the pen do the talking. But my god it speaks in the most dulcet tones youve heard once his writers voice is allowed to sing. That's enough of my crappy analogy there. This guy is a dark horse for sure!

@Atheist - Ath is another returning legend of the RSTL-era here for another stab at glory and to stake his claim as one of the best to ever participate at this level. He's a multiple-time RSTL champ, his name still makes countless lists as one of the greatest to ever compete in the topical scene and he even returned to the fallen RSTL some years after his initial run -under the name Kuja - to prove he still had what it took. I love the guy. The RSTL in a lot of respects represented somewhat of a "golden era" in topical writing, and while that league may be no more - many of it's high calibre writers can still be found online today. Will Atheist still have it in him to take it all? I, for one, can't wait to find out!

Last edited by sral; 08-30-2016 at 06:02 AM.
Old 08-29-2016, 05:35 PM   #4
Hearder Hearder
Banned

Battle Record: 1-1

Hearder Hearder Hearder Hearder Hearder Hearder Hearder Hearder Hearder Hearder Hearder Hearder Hearder Hearder Hearder Hearder Hearder Hearder Hearder Hearder Hearder Hearder

Props

But why didn't you do reserve bios?
Hearder Hearder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 05:37 PM   #5
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hearder Hearder View Post
Props

But why didn't you do reserve bios?
LOL real talk I've just spent 9 hours painting my unborn child's room, then wrote this/got threads up/got us a forum/posted rules/deadlines and topics bruh

Even the President needs to sleep some time
Old 08-29-2016, 05:56 PM   #6
dead man
living

Battle Record: 33-18

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- AOWL Season 1
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 4
- Write Week V
- GWL Season 1

dead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant future

thanks for the thoughtfulness guys. really refreshing to see some energy being breathed back into this realm of the site.

pretty hype for this i can't lie.
Old 08-29-2016, 06:09 PM   #7
UnbornBuddha

Battle Record: 23-10

Champed
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 5

UnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant future

Very amusing and encompassing magazine. Enjoyed the read tremendously. Thank you both.
UnbornBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 06:26 PM   #8
Aero
GOAT

Battle Record: 14-17

Champed
- Site Diss Competition
- Tag Tournament III
- Lyric Olympics
- Tag Tournament: "Omicron Variant"

Aero Aero Aero Aero Aero Aero Aero Aero Aero Aero Aero

This was dope. Great in depth bios

Aero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 06:28 PM   #9
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

This shit was fire.

I haven't read all the bios but yo......NYC bio for big baby was wild good.

Props to lars for putting this on and NYC for doing write ups
Not saying being drunk doesn’t mess up you reasoning. I’m turning 20 soon so I haven’t had a drink ever.
Ghost1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 07:23 PM   #10
Pent uP
Robin Williams of Fallen Victims

Battle Record: 25-11

Accomplishments
- NC Hall of Fame

Champed
- Netcees Writers League (2x)
- NWL Season 1
- Write Night I
- Art of Writing League (2x)
- Write Week IV

Pent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant future

Really appreciate all the words but @NYCSPITZ my name shouldnt even be mentioned that highly when the likeness of mr corey is present
Pent uP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 07:25 PM   #11
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

Great read props fellas.

So how does This reserve thing work?

Do I start writing now? And if so am I reserved for a specific battle? Or random no shows?

Can u tell I've never done this lol
Inno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 08:19 PM   #12
Pharaohs Army
Banned

Battle Record: 6 - 14

Pharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant future

Last edited by Pharaohs Army; 11-02-2016 at 04:33 AM.
Pharaohs Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 08:38 PM   #13
Diode
PR's Finest

Battle Record: 12-7

Diode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pent uP View Post
Really appreciate all the words but @NYCSPITZ my name shouldnt even be mentioned that highly when the likeness of mr corey is present
these slobs don't even know.
Old 08-29-2016, 08:48 PM   #14
Vulgar
Razor-thin derision

Battle Record: 40-25

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Champed
- Fight Night LIV
- Gimmick Battle League (2x)
- Write Week II
- Art of Writing League
- Storytelling And Topical Invitational Tournament
- STI
- Haiku Writer Challenge
- GWL Picture Challenge(2x)

Vulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant future

Thanks guys, this is a rare occasion we should all take advantage of. Appreciate the magazine bruhs.
Vulgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 10:26 PM   #15
Pinot Grij

Battle Record: 23-19

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Champed
- Fight Night 2
- Write Week V
- Netcees Battle League (2x)
- Winter Topical II
- 1-2 Punch league

Pinot Grij has a brilliant futurePinot Grij has a brilliant futurePinot Grij has a brilliant futurePinot Grij has a brilliant futurePinot Grij has a brilliant futurePinot Grij has a brilliant futurePinot Grij has a brilliant futurePinot Grij has a brilliant futurePinot Grij has a brilliant futurePinot Grij has a brilliant futurePinot Grij has a brilliant future

Wait, Sacrifice is dead?
Old 08-29-2016, 11:09 PM   #16
NYCSPITZ
SYRACUSE

Battle Record: 31-37

Champed
- Write Night II
- Alias Topical Tournament

NYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinot Grij View Post
Wait, Sacrifice is dead?
Yeah a few months back. Overdose. I would've called this the sacrifice lyrically interred memorial extravaganza (ferocious undertones ceaselessly killing). Or for short, SLIME FUCK. but I think he would have preferred this tbh
Old 08-29-2016, 11:11 PM   #17
NYCSPITZ
SYRACUSE

Champed
- Write Night II

NYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pent uP View Post
Looking 4ward to reading this legend then tbh
Old 08-29-2016, 11:32 PM   #18
UnbornBuddha

Battle Record: 23-10

Champed
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 5

UnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant future

Pinot,
I'm pretty sure Sacrifice is still alive, he just posted at a social media site a few days ago.
UnbornBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 11:39 PM   #19
Pinot Grij

Battle Record: 23-19

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Champed
- Fight Night 2
- Write Week V
- Netcees Battle League (2x)
- Winter Topical II
- 1-2 Punch league

Pinot Grij has a brilliant futurePinot Grij has a brilliant futurePinot Grij has a brilliant futurePinot Grij has a brilliant futurePinot Grij has a brilliant futurePinot Grij has a brilliant futurePinot Grij has a brilliant futurePinot Grij has a brilliant futurePinot Grij has a brilliant futurePinot Grij has a brilliant futurePinot Grij has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbornBuddha View Post
Pinot,
I'm pretty sure Sacrifice is still alive, he just posted at a social media site a few days ago.
@NYCSPITZ
Old 08-30-2016, 02:05 AM   #20
NYCSPITZ
SYRACUSE

Champed
- Write Night II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinot Grij View Post
Ummm lol his death been confirmed 4 a while now homie. Weren't you supposed to be his friend or something? Anyways it's sad and all but at least he died as a topical genius. Death and lif are part of the same energy. There is no void just Transference