Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > AOWL Season 6 Archive

User Tag List

Old 06-17-2016, 06:06 AM   #41
MMLP

Battle Record: 15-16

Champed
- Write Week 9

MMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant future

@Artifice s verse was dope imo. My best work would've struggled to top that. One of the few times I feel I've actually lost
Old 06-17-2016, 08:06 AM   #42
Artifice

Battle Record: 17-9

Champed
- Art Of Writing League
- GWL Picture Challenge

Artifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant future

appreciate the props @MMLP. I'm certain you'll have an opportunity for revenge next season.
Old 06-17-2016, 08:22 AM   #43
MMLP

Battle Record: 15-16

Champed
- Write Week 9

MMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant futureMMLP has a brilliant future

Taken your advice on bored Frank.

In all honesty my last few battles have been just strung on me, didn't sign in for them and wasn't inspired to write, I have to be the mood to do it.

Maybe after a mini hiatus, ill miss it n wanna come bck!
Old 06-17-2016, 11:36 AM   #44
NYCSPITZ
SYRACUSE

Battle Record: 31-37

Champed
- Write Night II
- Alias Topical Tournament

NYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant future

i got u 2nite gotta run...just leave it open til midnight est and i'll drop detailed votes
Old 06-17-2016, 11:42 AM   #45
NYCSPITZ
SYRACUSE

Battle Record: 31-37

Champed
- Write Night II
- Alias Topical Tournament

NYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbornBuddha View Post
Those are complicated questions. I'll try to answer briefly.

The lotus Sutra can be summarized like Hakuin once said "Outside the mind there is no Lotus Sutra and outside the Lotus Sutra there is no mind". Hakuin is one of the 3 most influential Zen masters in all of Japan's history. The Lotus Sutra's intent is not to teach you anything. The Lotus sutra is about one's Nature. One's nature and the Lotus sutra are one in the same. So when one reads it one has to return to one's nature to really understand it. If not the book seems like a book of cause and effect, when really it is an invocation to allow the One mind to erase you completely, until what emerges is the Lotus. This Lotus is already contained not in you, but not outside of you either. Its not within or without. Its something that must be discovered either instantly or systemically. Buddhism is very methodical and has literally dissected consciousness and existence and their intertwine down to the smallest particles possible. Imagine a grain of sand being exploded into millions of pieces, and the space within these pieces becoming closer to one's being than the grain of sand. The grain of sand represents you. before being deconstructed by practice.
In truth, Buddhism in modern day is very misunderstood, even the Dalai Llama teaches very watered down Buddhism to the lay public. While yes Buddhism teaches about kindness, and all that, that's not really its true goal. Kindness and charity is just something that happens, but Buddhism is about transcending the universe, while not moving at all, staying in the same place.
Yin and yang constitute the whole universe, nuclear fusion of stars, expansion and contraction of the cosmos and heavens, copulation, human birth, death, everything can be seen as a spectrum of yin and yang, as you know. The universe works in cycles, Hinduism and the Vedas speak on this more than most religions or even modern science. Although the Hubra ultra deep field comes closer to what the Vedas were talking about cosmologically.
Therefore, yin and yang is life and death. Buddhism is about transcending life and death. Emptiness, voidness all translations of the word sunyata शून्यता means empty not like nihilism professes. It is more about the emptiness of what your not. The Buddha was very hesistant to speak on what he discovered, which he named the Tathagātagarbha. Which is the womb of the thus-come-one. It is a nameless reality that transcends time and space. And the more one practices the more one is surrounded by this womb. One's heart becomes like a child again as the first stage of true initiation. One reverts back to before life and death ensnared you.
The lotus sutra should not be understood in modern words. I'm sure there are links. But, I'm hesistant to look and give them because it will be a crutch actually. The power in the mantra is not the words themselves, albeit Sanskrit is closer to the essence of what the words were trying to convey. The point of the mantra is to be able to get to the state before the words are spoken. This means recognizing who is it that is chanting. And as one recognizes this the words and that which chants are indistinguishable. Since the words are emanating from it. And as as you forget you, this it or Buddha mind becomes you, so you become a Buddha.
Susuki was a Buddhist laymen. For him to convey the Lankavara as well as he did, he must have understood it pass the rhetoric. Grasping the words themselves are the superficial stage. Important, but also not that important. Also many Sutras contradict each other, from a scholarly and historical standpoint. All I will say they really don't, but to those who don't understand the stages or phases of teachings Siddhartha taught throughout his lifetime, then they'll think there is contradiction. He taught different things to people of different levels and understanding. Just like the Dalai Llama teaches to the lay public, certain things. Things to make them happier. Buddhism is about transcending happiness and suffering all together. The result is a peace that far surpasses bliss. Albeit bliss is also part of the first two stages of the Dhyanas, or meditative trance.
True goodness is something rare nowadays. I'm not sure what you mean by spark, but true goodness is merely a function from one's heavenly or primordial nature. Goodness in a yin yang sense is still closer than evil is because arguably evil brings more suffering than good does. And in the primordial one doesn't suffer, even when one's body is in pain. One could still have pain, but no suffering.
nice answer. I'm still put off by the commonality between buddhism and the judaic traditions which all lead to a certain negation of life mentality. Christians live for heaven and Buddhists live for nirvana some 503409304943 lifetimes away. Both are corrupt constructs of thinking and at odds with living happily in the moment. Again I know many buddhists are all about that but so are many christians etc. and it all morphs into a huge ball of people equivocating about religion while their practice remains undone.
Old 06-17-2016, 03:20 PM   #46
Mr. J
The Clown Prince

Battle Record: 35-45

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Mr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant future

May this page rot with the one that follows it
Old 06-17-2016, 03:21 PM   #47
UnbornBuddha

Battle Record: 23-10

Champed
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 5

UnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCSPITZ View Post
nice answer. I'm still put off by the commonality between buddhism and the judaic traditions which all lead to a certain negation of life mentality. Christians live for heaven and Buddhists live for nirvana some 503409304943 lifetimes away. Both are corrupt constructs of thinking and at odds with living happily in the moment. Again I know many buddhists are all about that but so are many christians etc. and it all morphs into a huge ball of people equivocating about religion while their practice remains undone.
Fair enough. I'm also not trying to convert you the way. Just a simple discussion is all. Anyhow, I can see why you think Buddhism rejects life. This is due to modern understanding of Buddhism. Sure there were renunciates, i.e. monks who left the common world to practice. Buddhism doesn't really preach asceticism by the way. However, when this monks arrived to the temple, they realized they were still in the world. They didn't really abandon it.
Buddhism at its core is not about conceptually negating or accepting anything, even Samsara. In the beginning yes one acknowledges that one doesn't want to be in it anymore. It's an important step, not just in Buddhism in anything that speaks on relieving suffering. One has to know one is suffering, in order to take an initiative to resolve it.
And yes for the very laymen yes the Buddha taught them not to do certain things for their own peace of mind. But again that's not really what the historical Buddha was really trying to teach. And the idea that nirvana is "503409304943 lifetimes away" is for those who don't practice at all. Albeit, what people call enlightenment in Buddhism that's just the beginning of the journey. And once enlightened initially one sees that even millions of years is akin to a blink of an eye because one is not bounded by space and time anymore. One begins to become aware of one's true body. But with practice one should see results in this lifetime, gnosis, not when one is dead and therein hopes to reap the rewards in some type of paradise. There are sects of Buddhism that do believe this, i.e. the Pure land sect. But if one goes and reads those who founded those sects, one will see that the Pure land is actually one's mind and heart, and therefore this Earth.

Last edited by UnbornBuddha; 06-17-2016 at 03:29 PM.
Old 06-17-2016, 05:49 PM   #48
asylum

Battle Record: 7-5

asylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant future

how do i search topical archives? where?

i want to feature iambent vs ink when bent wrote the piece about freddy kreuger and ink did the one about the alien.

or who the fuck did that one about the construction worker?
@Ink @Frank @IamBenT @Adonis
Old 06-17-2016, 05:52 PM   #49
asylum

asylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant future

Quote:
i got u 2nite gotta run...just leave it open til midnight est and i'll drop detailed votes
Cool, thanks.

I closed Frank vs Razah because it's an obvious shut-out and I'm trying to get round 2 moving. In depth break downs coming in a brief mag for round 2.

i
Old 06-17-2016, 05:52 PM   #50
Ink

Battle Record: 5-5

Ink is a name known to allInk is a name known to allInk is a name known to allInk is a name known to allInk is a name known to allInk is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by asylum View Post
how do i search topical archives? where?

i want to feature iambent vs ink when bent wrote the piece about freddy kreuger and ink did the one about the alien.

or who the fuck did that one about the construction worker?
@Ink @Frank @IamBenT @Adonis
Bent did the one about the construction worker and it was also vs me.. fucker ruined my undefeated streak to the championship :( i think it was on RM and not here tho... good lookin out!

STILL working on that book I left competing for... ig: @dchang.poetry
Old 06-17-2016, 05:52 PM   #51
asylum

Quote:
Cool, thanks.

I closed Frank vs Razah because it's an obvious shut-out and I'm trying to get round 2 moving. In depth break downs coming in a brief mag for round 2.
Old 06-17-2016, 05:53 PM   #52
asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ink View Post
Bent did the one about the construction worker and it was also vs me.. fucker ruined my undefeated streak to the championship :( i think it was on RM and not here tho... good lookin out!
oh fosho thanks G i'll find it there. you were going by inkwell at the time, right?

I want to feature both of those battles. Best fucking battles dude. You're a legend Ink. I learned a lot from you.
Old 06-17-2016, 05:55 PM   #53
Ink

Battle Record: 5-5

Ink is a name known to allInk is a name known to allInk is a name known to allInk is a name known to allInk is a name known to allInk is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by asylum View Post
oh fosho thanks G i'll find it there. you were going by inkwell at the time, right?

I want to feature both of those battles. Best fucking battles dude. You're a legend Ink. I learned a lot from you.
something like that. TheInkwell i think

STILL working on that book I left competing for... ig: @dchang.poetry
Old 06-17-2016, 06:31 PM   #54
asylum

cool thanks for responding so fast. How's life been for you? Still editing?
Old 06-17-2016, 08:22 PM   #55
Frank

Champed
- NWL Season 2
- Art of Writing League (5x)
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- AOWL Season 6
- AOWL Season 10

Frank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant future

@asylum

Just leave my battle open until you close the rest at Midnight. It's not like their is 20 battles open, know what I'm saying? Close them all simultaneously. I don't want any special privileges.

Thanks. And my vote was for NYCSPITZ.
Old 06-17-2016, 11:22 PM   #56
asylum

Ok playa u right.

Edit it wasn't special privilege u simply won by shutout.
Hoping to see some votes up before midnight tonight.

Last edited by asylum; 06-17-2016 at 11:39 PM.
Old 06-18-2016, 05:56 PM   #57
asylum

headed home to my computer and setting up round 2.

If you feel like voting, you have about an hour to do so.