Champed
- 1-2 Punch League Season 6

Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen

Quote:
Originally Posted by $chein Dolla $ign View Post
I’ve a .500 amateur mma record

Criode is just going into his first barnyard match at 35

Slide in the PMs if you want real advice
I legit was going to tag you only because I remember you saying this as a troll - didn't expect for you to comment this shit, ROFL...

Stop CUH... Lmaoooooo
Amen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 12:51 PM   #142
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Battle Record: 3-5

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode View Post
Vulgar got that Helio filter on. I love long legs, the better to lock.

Anyway - do you legitimately want assistance here or no?
Yes please I do.
The cerebral assassin, the molder of minds, the Omni potent being. Time transcending traveler, wisdom incarnate. Veritas needs no intro but I guess I have to. He’s not know in the battling world but who doesn’t know veritas? The guy us always original and if you pay attention to his bars, dude brings the heat.. The gawd.
veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 12:53 PM   #143
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Battle Record: 85-58

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- Netcees Battle League (2x)
- NPL Roast

Destroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant future

Be prepared to learn how to fall for awhile
Im not attaching your abilities, I’m just pretty sure that’s taught first
philosophy.
Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 12:54 PM   #144
veritas
HALL OF FAME

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
Man lol tbh I am attacking my abilities because in this world I have none. I am legit preparing myself for a long and painful and rewarding journey. It’s nervous but exciting
The cerebral assassin, the molder of minds, the Omni potent being. Time transcending traveler, wisdom incarnate. Veritas needs no intro but I guess I have to. He’s not know in the battling world but who doesn’t know veritas? The guy us always original and if you pay attention to his bars, dude brings the heat.. The gawd.
Old 03-05-2018, 12:57 PM   #145
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Battle Record: 19-8

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League Season 6

Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen

Any particular reason why you have chosen jujitsu?

Do you plan to compete?

Are you doing it for health reasons? As in to "Stay in shape"?

Or just because it's kind of the norm for older Caucasians to fit in with the younger dudes doing it?
Amen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 01:15 PM   #146
Diode
PR's Finest

Battle Record: 12-7

Diode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by veritas View Post
Yes please I do.
first and foremost, pay a visit to the bjj subreddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/bjj/

Leverage the sidebar for a lot of really good posts but there also isn't a day that goes by without someone making a thread about starting/thinking about starting for the first time and asking a lot of the same questions you currently have.

Some initial thoughts I usually provide that you'll also find replicated above. Most will take several months if not years to get a handle on.

1) Breathe. This will be difficult for quite some time, but when you find yourself getting frustrated or feel a bit out of control/helpless/etc, just breathe. Controlling your breathing and physical output is one of the hardest yet most important things to do. You'll marvel at both giant behemoths and tiny gymnasts having seemingly unlimited gas tanks rolling with you nearly to the point of effortlessness. This can be demoralizing but just know that all they are doing (aside from having spent far more time at this than you) is controlling their breathing and timing.

2) Ego. You have a good handle on this concept so I won't lecture you. It's a rare person that feels nothing when being physically manhandled by what perceptually is a less capable individual. Just remember at all times that this is not the beginning and ending of your world, your self, and your worth. It's pajama or pajama-less wrasslin. Nobody cares how many times you get submitted (and you will) or by whom. None of it really matters. You're there for the mental and physical workout. If you're getting caught in the same situation time and time again (and you will), think of it as a challenge. You are never competing against your training partners, only yourself. When the day is done ask yourself if you're better than you were yesterday - and if not, what can you do to improve it? This is the real lesson. Try not to get caught up in your ego. I promise that you nor anyone is going to walk in day one and become BJ Penn overnight. Tap early, tap often.

3) Stretch. Especially at our age, stretching and mobility exercises are vital to prevent injury. Those joints and ligaments aren't the same elastic pieces they used to be. Stretch before and, if possible, after every training session. Your body will thank you later.

4) Listen. YouTube and Social Media are a gift and a curse to the beginner. You get a sneak preview at all the cool, superhuman movements your body will eventually be capable of making if you put in enough time. However, these are massive distractions against what you need to focus on for the time being: the basics. Passing guard, retaining guard, standup takedowns and defenses (if applicable), side control, mount, and especially posture need to be your vocabulary along with defense in your first year or two. Berimbolos and iminari rolls are sweet looking techniques but that's all they should be for now. Learning good fundamentals will ensure you have a path to success when the flashy movements go out the window as you get better at this (Miyao-types excepted).

5) Patience. A belt is just a piece of cloth that keeps your gi on. See #2 - you aren't going to become a black belt overnight. Average term is 10 years. There will be ruts and funks that last for months or even longer. It's part of the process of any sport, not just BJJ. As long as you keep showing up, you will improve. There are no shortcuts. Keep your head in the game and have fun. Unlike most legitimate martial arts, grappling can be done well into old age if you're smart and patient about it. Helio was still doing seminars into his 90s.

6) Drama. Avoid gym politics, cult mentality, bruised egos, and all of the other things that come with a crowded room of competitive human beings. You'll make great, possibly lifelong friends with your training partners and need to know where the line is. I've seen entire gyms torn apart because of infidelity, insecurity, and jealousy. Don't be part of that scene.

That's it off the top. If you have specific questions I'll be happy to answer.
Old 03-05-2018, 01:16 PM   #147
Diode
PR's Finest

Diode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
No, that's more of a judo thing. If he's going to a gym that offers both then that's great. Otherwise, day one is typically shrimping, guard, and if a self-defense focused gym maybe technical standups.
Old 03-05-2018, 01:26 PM   #148
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode View Post
first and foremost, pay a visit to the bjj subreddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/bjj/

Leverage the sidebar for a lot of really good posts but there also isn't a day that goes by without someone making a thread about starting/thinking about starting for the first time and asking a lot of the same questions you currently have.

Some initial thoughts I usually provide that you'll also find replicated above. Most will take several months if not years to get a handle on.

1) Breathe. This will be difficult for quite some time, but when you find yourself getting frustrated or feel a bit out of control/helpless/etc, just breathe. Controlling your breathing and physical output is one of the hardest yet most important things to do. You'll marvel at both giant behemoths and tiny gymnasts having seemingly unlimited gas tanks rolling with you nearly to the point of effortlessness. This can be demoralizing but just know that all they are doing (aside from having spent far more time at this than you) is controlling their breathing and timing.

2) Ego. You have a good handle on this concept so I won't lecture you. It's a rare person that feels nothing when being physically manhandled by what perceptually is a less capable individual. Just remember at all times that this is not the beginning and ending of your world, your self, and your worth. It's pajama or pajama-less wrasslin. Nobody cares how many times you get submitted (and you will) or by whom. None of it really matters. You're there for the mental and physical workout. If you're getting caught in the same situation time and time again (and you will), think of it as a challenge. You are never competing against your training partners, only yourself. When the day is done ask yourself if you're better than you were yesterday - and if not, what can you do to improve it? This is the real lesson. Try not to get caught up in your ego. I promise that you nor anyone is going to walk in day one and become BJ Penn overnight. Tap early, tap often.

3) Stretch. Especially at our age, stretching and mobility exercises are vital to prevent injury. Those joints and ligaments aren't the same elastic pieces they used to be. Stretch before and, if possible, after every training session. Your body will thank you later.

4) Listen. YouTube and Social Media are a gift and a curse to the beginner. You get a sneak preview at all the cool, superhuman movements your body will eventually be capable of making if you put in enough time. However, these are massive distractions against what you need to focus on for the time being: the basics. Passing guard, retaining guard, standup takedowns and defenses (if applicable), side control, mount, and especially posture need to be your vocabulary along with defense in your first year or two. Berimbolos and iminari rolls are sweet looking techniques but that's all they should be for now. Learning good fundamentals will ensure you have a path to success when the flashy movements go out the window as you get better at this (Miyao-types excepted).

5) Patience. A belt is just a piece of cloth that keeps your gi on. See #2 - you aren't going to become a black belt overnight. Average term is 10 years. There will be ruts and funks that last for months or even longer. It's part of the process of any sport, not just BJJ. As long as you keep showing up, you will improve. There are no shortcuts. Keep your head in the game and have fun. Unlike most legitimate martial arts, grappling can be done well into old age if you're smart and patient about it. Helio was still doing seminars into his 90s.

6) Drama. Avoid gym politics, cult mentality, bruised egos, and all of the other things that come with a crowded room of competitive human beings. You'll make great, possibly lifelong friends with your training partners and need to know where the line is. I've seen entire gyms torn apart because of infidelity, insecurity, and jealousy. Don't be part of that scene.

That's it off the top. If you have specific questions I'll be happy to answer.
Thank you. That was a thoughtful and insightful post. I will rely my thoughts feelings after class tonight.
Old 03-05-2018, 01:28 PM   #149
Nick James
death to amen

Battle Record: 1-2

Nick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by veritas View Post
Thank you. That was a thoughtful and insightful post. I will rely my thoughts feelings after class tonight.
god please dont
Nick James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 01:32 PM   #150
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick James View Post
god please dont
Why not?
Old 03-05-2018, 01:34 PM   #151
Nick James
death to amen

Nick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant future

aside from the obvious?
Old 03-05-2018, 02:01 PM   #152
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Battle Record: 52-28

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute

Don’t listen to criode he wants you to lose

Fuck reddit you aren’t a basic bitch are you? You’re a man, no?
You want to head over to a mirror site of the former KickAssTorrents that still has an active link to “Barry Johansson Ju Jitsu Justice 4”. Within that zip is another zip containing a file extension only usable on a Windows phone. That will tell you everything you need to know.

It’s important you read that and then revisit this post. Don’t go any further yet it’s laws apply directly to the building blocks I’m about to lay down.

1) Carbs. Eat a lot of them. And ham. You want to be your heaviest so no one can move you. Don’t fill up on greasy snacks though because you’ll have to tackle a jelly belly on top of everything else.

2) Ego. Bring it on. Get pumped. You are the MIND assassin and now it’s time to become the BODY assasin. Inflate your ego like a flat tire before a state inspection. Everything in life is a mind game. This is a big reason to not be a dime a dozen cunt like criode on reddit up voting all day. Everyone knows that stuff. You want that secret society knowledge. Use what you’ve learned to intimidate your new enemies. Segue to.....

3) Lie. Say you’re new to the area and we’re a 5th dan at your old dojo in North Dakota. Make up people with confidence you’ve manhandled. “Oh yeah, beat Gustav Pique in 9 rolls with a sidebar leg jerk back in the Morrison Era. Shit of a time.”
This will break them down to levels they thought unknown. So...

4) Also lie to yourself. Believe what they believe. Recreate bjj in your mind and put on a showcase. They can’t defend what they don’t know. Swing your arms wildly and stare at their limbs like your going to fuck them off.

This is all you need. You won’t need to stretch or breathe because you’ll never become exhausted. You’ll win in seconds flat. Sometimes without even touching your opponent. The belt is not a piece of clothe it is a trophy just like the scalps of your naysayers.
FREE PHAROAHS ARMY
~RustyGunZ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 02:08 PM   #153
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amen View Post
Any particular reason why you have chosen jujitsu?

Do you plan to compete?

Are you doing it for health reasons? As in to "Stay in shape"?

Or just because it's kind of the norm for older Caucasians to fit in with the younger dudes doing it?
so basically the only point of this post was to say the last line.
Ghost1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 02:10 PM   #154
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

Quote:
#finishhim
that's my thing. cease and desist.
Ghost1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 02:14 PM   #155
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost1 View Post
that's my thing. cease and desist.
Please enlighten your cringey nephew.
Old 03-05-2018, 02:27 PM   #156
Nick James
death to amen

bags is everything uve tried to be for the whole 5 yrs uve been postin here..

ur a delusional imposter n I refuse to let u skate by any longer
Old 03-05-2018, 02:32 PM   #157
Diode
PR's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by $chein Dolla $ign View Post
cringeworthy new gimmick
cool.
Old 03-05-2018, 02:34 PM   #158
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Battle Record: 52-28

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute

When a gimmick of mine turns out cringe I can move on to something else

You just have to live being a cringe and a criode
FREE PHAROAHS ARMY
~RustyGunZ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 02:45 PM   #159
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Quote:
bags is everything uve tried to be for the whole 5 yrs uve been postin here..

ur a delusional imposter n I refuse to let u skate by any longer
Ask bags if that is true. He and I have actually developed a decent and respectful friendship in reality. Ask him if your assessment of me is true. Ask him bout me lil Nicky
Old 03-05-2018, 02:54 PM   #160
Nick James
death to amen

only a vegetable incapable of formin their own conclusion wuld weigh their opinion thru a third party and/or refer someone to that third party

continue to reach for the stars woody

just do it when im not around cuz I will put u back in ur hole. kaybye

Tags
big gloss man, bob gloss - joy of failing, criss cross applegloss, deglosse`, dick lips use dental gloss, end of book-glossary, gloss ballad toss salad, glossablanca, glossberg pump, glossed and found, glossed for words, glossed in translation, glossed prophets, glossglossplata, glosstomy bag, glosston paradise, glosstradamus, glossventura gloss detective, glossybear waka waka, glossymodo, grick gloss, insane clown glossy, make america gloss again, santa gloss christmas dicklips, who’s the gloss?