Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 02-08-2014, 05:24 PM   #1
Tom Sparks

Tom Sparks Tom Sparks Tom Sparks Tom Sparks Tom Sparks Tom Sparks Tom Sparks Tom Sparks Tom Sparks Tom Sparks Tom Sparks
Default PS3 laser burned out.. Fml

Costs bout $100 to replace

May just get a new one

Ive had it for 6 years.. Shits an OG, not ready to let it go

Anyone try doing it themselves? How'd it go
Tom Sparks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 05:31 PM   #2
TYSON
IN LOVE WITH A STRIPPER

Battle Record: 10-15

TYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant future

Mine did the same thing. I only can play downloaded games. Getting the ps4 next week instead of paying for a laser replacement. Fucked up that psn wont let me get the downloaded copy of a game i already bought on disc.
TYSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 05:34 PM   #3
Strikta
39 NS, lost in votes once

Battle Record: 32-40

Champed
- Time to Kill X
- Write Week III

Strikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant future

Get the repair.

Unless getting a new/used one for $100 is doable.

If the repair is cheaper & doesn't take a long time to do.. that'd be the route to take.
Strikta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 05:52 PM   #4
TYSON
IN LOVE WITH A STRIPPER

TYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant future

Its just gon fuck up again...
Old 02-08-2014, 06:05 PM   #5
Strikta

Champed
- Time to Kill X
- Write Week III

Strikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant future

Maybe.. but that's a risk u just gotta take.

It's also best to take EXTRA good care of ur shit... like, run some coolant fans.. always power off the console when not using.. keep it dust free.. ect.

There's some preventative measures u can take to at least attempt to keep ur PS3 in working order, at all times.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:15 PM   #6
TYSON
IN LOVE WITH A STRIPPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strikta View Post
Maybe.. but that's a risk u just gotta take.

It's also best to take EXTRA good care of ur shit... like, run some coolant fans.. always power off the console when not using.. keep it dust free.. ect.

There's some preventative measures u can take to at least attempt to keep ur PS3 in working order, at all times.
Hope my wife dont see this. Im getting a ps4 damn it!!!
Old 02-08-2014, 06:18 PM   #7
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Battle Record: 85-58

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- Netcees Battle League (2x)
- NPL Roast

Destroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant future

shit happened to me bro
I feel your pain
I just bought a new slim one and put the other one upstairs so I use it to connect to Netflix and that's it
philosophy.
Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 06:31 PM   #8
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYSON View Post
Fucked up that psn wont let me get the downloaded copy of a game i already bought on disc.
Not at all actually. Makes more sense like this when you think about it. Implementing such changes would mean extra work and loss overall to PS3 if you could download a copy of the game as well. If they followed Microsofts example of tying the game title to YOUR account (I don't know if Microsoft actually did this with the new Xbox One, but I read some shit about it) the only reasonable/logic solution would be to not be able to play it on other accounts, cuz if that's possible they can just download the game as well which isn't exactly fair and borders to piracy.

Without tying the game to your account you can still borrow/lend games to friends and family or resell it without any extra hassle. I can understand the predicament you're in, but given everything into account it's actually better this way.

Also, @Tom Sparks; 6 years is pretty decent tbh. I don't know what the average life span of a PS3 is, but I think you've passed that.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8ozGcGJ6o
Objective is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 06:47 PM   #9
TYSON
IN LOVE WITH A STRIPPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Objective View Post
Not at all actually. Makes more sense like this when you think about it. Implementing such changes would mean extra work and loss overall to PS3 if you could download a copy of the game as well. If they followed Microsofts example of tying the game title to YOUR account (I don't know if Microsoft actually did this with the new Xbox One, but I read some shit about it) the only reasonable/logic solution would be to not be able to play it on other accounts, cuz if that's possible they can just download the game as well which isn't exactly fair and borders to piracy.

Without tying the game to your account you can still borrow/lend games to friends and family or resell it without any extra hassle. I can understand the predicament you're in, but given everything into account it's actually better this way.

Also, @Tom Sparks; 6 years is pretty decent tbh. I don't know what the average life span of a PS3 is, but I think you've passed that.
Fuck u being right and logical!!! I Want to play ssf4 and bo2 now i already paid for the game damn it....
Old 02-08-2014, 07:26 PM   #10
Tom Sparks

Tom Sparks Tom Sparks Tom Sparks Tom Sparks Tom Sparks Tom Sparks Tom Sparks Tom Sparks Tom Sparks Tom Sparks Tom Sparks

I think I might just buy a new one for 2 bills

Put this one in my daughters room for netflix
Tom Sparks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 08:59 PM   #11
Strikta

Champed
- Time to Kill X
- Write Week III

Sounds like the best solution to me.^
Old 02-08-2014, 09:26 PM   #12
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYSON View Post
Fuck u being right and logical!!! I Want to play ssf4 and bo2 now i already paid for the game damn it....
True. I'm in a good mood today so I'll side with you. FUCK PSN for not making the right shit to let you play BO2 and shit. Fucking faggots.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8ozGcGJ6o
Objective is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 03:13 PM   #13
TYSON
IN LOVE WITH A STRIPPER

@Tom Sparks did u ever do this? Im thinking bout doing it to my ps3. See blu ray lasers for 30 dollars on ebay why was yours 100?
Old 02-16-2014, 03:38 PM   #14
God Of War
The Landlord

Battle Record: 12-10

God Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant future

buy a new one
God Of War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 03:38 PM   #15
God Of War
The Landlord

Battle Record: 12-10

God Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant future

actually get a new one form amazon, then send ur old one back to em after u request a refund

free ps7 DAWG
God Of War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 03:41 PM   #16
CtrlF4
....Hakuna Matata....

Battle Record: 11-11

CtrlF4 has a brilliant futureCtrlF4 has a brilliant futureCtrlF4 has a brilliant futureCtrlF4 has a brilliant futureCtrlF4 has a brilliant futureCtrlF4 has a brilliant futureCtrlF4 has a brilliant futureCtrlF4 has a brilliant futureCtrlF4 has a brilliant futureCtrlF4 has a brilliant futureCtrlF4 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Of War View Post
actually get a new one form amazon, then send ur old one back to em after u request a refund

free ps7 DAWG
This might work.
CtrlF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 03:43 PM   #17
TYSON
IN LOVE WITH A STRIPPER

If im gon buy a new one i would get a ps4 which was the plan. My ps4 might have to be sacrificed tho to get a house so im trying to raise my current ps3 from the dead. Everyone says its easy and im good with electronics so fuck it im gon give it a try. Dont get.how his laser cost 100 tho and i found one for 28 on ebay. Dont want to get the wrong one tho.
Old 02-16-2014, 03:45 PM   #18
TYSON
IN LOVE WITH A STRIPPER

My ps3 is 5 years old don't think my warranty still valid.
Old 02-16-2014, 03:49 PM   #19
CtrlF4
....Hakuna Matata....

Battle Record: 11-11

CtrlF4 has a brilliant futureCtrlF4 has a brilliant futureCtrlF4 has a brilliant futureCtrlF4 has a brilliant futureCtrlF4 has a brilliant futureCtrlF4 has a brilliant futureCtrlF4 has a brilliant futureCtrlF4 has a brilliant futureCtrlF4 has a brilliant futureCtrlF4 has a brilliant futureCtrlF4 has a brilliant future

I want a 4 but I wanna wait til they fix it...
CtrlF4 is offline   Reply With Quote