Old 07-01-2023, 01:41 AM   #1
Frank

Champed
- NWL Season 2
- Art of Writing League (5x)
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- AOWL Season 6
- AOWL Season 10

Frank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant future
Lightbulb SZN XI Wild Card Round: 6. Dope girl (5-3) vs. 11. NYCSPITZ (2-3) [NYCSPITZ ADVANCES]

Season 11 XI

VERSE DUE: Monday, July, 10th, 11:59 P.M. Western / 2:59 A.M. Eastern / 7:59 A.M. UK. 24 Hour Ext: Mod Discretion

VOTE DUE: Wednesday, July, 12th, 11:59 P.M. Western / 2:59 A.M. Eastern / 7:59 A.M. UK. 2 Vote Requirement Enforced/Penalty

MAXIMUM: 48 Lines

Goodluck! @Dope girl @NYCSPITZ

TOPIC:

Old 07-10-2023, 04:44 PM   #2
Dope girl

Battle Record: 3-8

Dope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Dope girl Send a message via Yahoo to Dope girl Send a message via Skype™ to Dope girl
Default Barbie girl vs

"Barbie girl"

Barbie fall asleep she dream about Ken.
Barbie a knockout she's a ten.
Barbie The Queen of Barbie doll dreamhouse she's loyal.
Barbie Obey Ken She's royal.
She don't got to brag,
She knows she got Dope girl swag.
She came to slay.
Barbie killed rip the run way.
Barbie hot like Fire girl.
Barbie looking stunning in Diamond earrings.
She's one of the baddest Barbie in the City.
She show off her Kitty.

Last edited by Dope girl; 07-10-2023 at 05:08 PM.
Old 07-10-2023, 09:05 PM   #3
NYCSPITZ
SYRACUSE

Battle Record: 31-37

Champed
- Write Night II
- Alias Topical Tournament

NYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant future

…I’ll be fine. She whispered at night as she stared at the wall
Pink comforters paired with her shawl - she’s scared of her fall
Scared of the all fears and resentment that she shared with them all
Despite her insistence on being declared as a God.
Bleach blonde, she tucked and double hooked her way on the team
Obsessively crushing any obstacles on the way to her dreams…
Cheerleading captain, goddess, a rose scent statuette
Future miss universe, the stars within made outwardly manifest!
Fast forward seven years, subtle wrinkles taking hold of her eyes
Dreading the day she’ll have to go behold her demise
24 years old, eyes melancholic, she’s older than wine -
A half smile betraying her truth - She’s frozen in time.
Old 07-12-2023, 04:34 PM   #4
Diablo
Badgerdick

Battle Record: 11-2

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Diablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant future

I’m here.

The topic was different for sure, not really my cup of tea personally, but I did sort enjoy seeing the diamonds in those eyes and this odd sort of maniacal smile affixed to her face as she turned. The glaring eyes look glazed over, a gold digging bitch with dollar signs in her eyes and money on her mind, completely superficial with a plasticated appearance to hide the wrinkles and aging process. Sheesh. There’s a lot this could be used for.

Dope girl: Aside from the directness to this and that last lines left field impact this felt uninspiring. I thought the self-referencing mid verse here felt out of place, maybe it’s just me, but it came off as egotistical rather than adding anything of real merit to it. Without wanting to harp on too long about a short twelve line verse here this felt underdeveloped and underwhelming unfortunately.

NYCSPITZ: I thought you did well here even though you likely didn’t spent a great deal of time crafting this one, starting it almost at a mid-point felt a good idea and got into the crux of things from the start. “Scared of the all fears,” read like a mistake (probably down to this being wrote up quickly). I thought “rose scent statuette” was a good descriptor, cleverly deployed at the end of the line for maximum effect. The last line was great too, similar in execution to the previous mentioned but essentially came back to my initial idea when viewing the topic. I felt NYC did much better here, doing more than enough for the clear win.

Vote - NYCSpitz
Old 07-15-2023, 06:27 PM   #5
Scar

Battle Record: 7-5

Champed
- Guerrilla Writing League

Scar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant future

Frankie I don’t rock with your league but I still respect you as a writer so here to help.

Vote Spitz cause the retarded chick is both ugly and fucking suck. Personal commentary aside, Spitz verse was very dope especially in such a short length. I was kind of worried at first because he’s going up against powerful rhymes like

“ Barbie fall asleep she dream about Ken.
Barbie a knockout she's a ten.”

Ken/ten usually that’s a knock out punch.

Then there are highly conceptual ideas riddled with cognitive dissonance like

“Barbie Obey Ken She's royal.“

Vote Sptiz
Old 07-22-2023, 01:40 PM   #6
Frank

Champed
- NWL Season 2
- Art of Writing League (5x)
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- AOWL Season 6
- AOWL Season 10

Frank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant future
Default XI

@NYCSPITZ
ADVANCES!