Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Netcees - Leagues & Tournaments > The Battle Arena > Battle Arena Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 08-30-2014, 07:07 AM   #1
Paradigm

Battle Record: 4-4

Champed
- The Ultimate Textcee
- NBL Cypher

Paradigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant future
Default [Text Contenders] Blanco Bishop [VS] Jilti [jilti wins]

Battle Arena Championship
@Blanco Bishop @jilti
Rules

Due Dates:
  • Verses are due THURSDAY,
    September 4th 2014 11:59 PM PST.
  • Check Ins are due MONDAY, Sept 1st 2014
  • Extensions are 24 hours
  • You will be GRANTED ONE EXTENSION Any extension beyond the first will result in loss of votes.

Line Limit:
  • Min. = 16 lines
  • Max. = 32 lines
  • Limit MUST be agreed upon

General Rules:
  • First to 7, Win by 2, 5-0=KO
  • 1st person to post can't edit after the 2nd person posts.
  • 2nd person to post can't edit after a vote has been made.
  • Feeding = DQ.
  • Recycling = DQ.
  • Biting = DQ.
  • No freeposting, swaying or bitching.
  • A check in ISmandatory.
  • Competitors should agree on a line limit in their check in.
  • If no line limit is agreed on, then the 2nd person to post
    must match the 1st person's line amount.
Old 09-04-2014, 11:01 PM   #2
jilti
neckties

Battle Record: 43-19

Champed
- BA Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

jilti has a brilliant futurejilti has a brilliant futurejilti has a brilliant futurejilti has a brilliant futurejilti has a brilliant futurejilti has a brilliant futurejilti has a brilliant futurejilti has a brilliant futurejilti has a brilliant futurejilti has a brilliant futurejilti has a brilliant future

just know ur my boy Op. this a battle i tried to avoid at all costs
feels like im stabbin u in the back.. but rather gash to get the point across
see my lines are like jordans, people waiting for them to drop
any anticipated Barbie releases comes dressed up in an 18 inch box
his crew might be POP, but he'll never make it to the Mainstream
until Jason u, and Bish is found laying face down in a crystal lake scene
but in case he doesnt get the drift, let me make it simple & plain..
Joan won't be the only lifeless body found in a Rivers bed today
so no need to read peoples feed, this'll be a clean sweep in all facets
if BBC One vote forum, its just Britain's electoral coverage broadcasted
not the comedic type, im more like MMA guy without the shtick
which means u wont be laughing, but will definitely get a kick out of this
leavin him beat bad, body in a sling cast after the surgical visit
then Refurbish to a nurse or physician that'll put him back in working condition
punches listed in a class of greats. thats top tier with a passing grade
while we haven't seen an A+ B combo since Nintendo back in the day

16 @Blanco Bishop

Last edited by jilti; 09-05-2014 at 12:00 PM.
Old 09-05-2014, 06:47 PM   #3
Blanco Bishop

Battle Record: 11-20

Blanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant future

It's whatever u want. We can do text, throw hands, or bust slugs; my 9 won't jam.
1thing is certain tho. If this lame opts 4 blades... the faggot's getting cut like Michael Sam.
U beat me once, but it's aight. I dropped early, got my nut off then went to sleep.
U were up writing ALL night, like a true prospect...2bad u have none irl cuz YOURS is N e t c e e s.
Talk 'bout my loss 2 Darth, Lol. That was a troll, i was laughin when i wrote that verse B
but u shouldn't speak on verses 'bout Topics...when u couldn't even get Drafted for the tag tourney.
I can drop16 barz for J but it's nothing i would care or think of
on the other hand, i must b on his mind all day...this bitch had 32 before Para even put the link up!
Ironic that u been taking cheap shots at me n your hoe's in my car with the POV poured.
I JUST finished teachin her a lesson that put her 2 sleep...but if u ask her she was NOT bored.
If a ten's around me, Imma swoon her clothes off, commence to poke n frankly
u could NEVER say u Induce broads... u only stick ur peen in hoes with THAT ranking.
For that line against Des u should pop your own lid open with the chrome mag.
The shit was such forced trash...Waste Management goin have 2 come by twice 2 your pad.
I'm a wise soldier; this bipolar whore always fussin about his bad drops
Wearin ur heart on ur sleeve will turn this Graphic 'Ti...when i rip u, u finna sport a custom tank top.

Last edited by Blanco Bishop; 09-08-2014 at 01:18 PM.
Old 09-10-2014, 03:42 AM   #4
Paradigm

Champed
- The Ultimate Textcee
- NBL Cypher

Paradigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant futureParadigm has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilti View Post
Miss - this is also pretty played
feeling this nice
not feeling this
cool current event bar
Forum/for him wp is so played lol... cool concept but no real sting behind it. cool nameplay in the end
nah this is like some 2000ish
then Refurbish to a nurse or physician that'll put him back in working condition
i like the nameplay. the connection is weak but i like the creativity
Nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanco Bishop View Post
It's whatever u want. We can do text, throw hands, or bust slugs; my 9 won't jam.
1thing is certain tho. If this lame opts 4 blades... the faggot's getting cut like Michael Sam.
weak. needs better setup.
U beat me once, but it's aight. I dropped early, got my nut off then went to sleep.
U were up writing ALL night, like a true prospect...2bad u have none irl cuz YOURS is N e t c e e s.
miss
Talk 'bout my loss 2 Darth, Lol. That was a troll, i was laughin when i wrote that verse B
but u shouldn't speak on verses 'bout Topics...when u couldn't even get Drafted for the tag tourney.
ok personal, not tied in well with the end punch
on the other hand, i must b on his mind all day...this bitch had 32 before Para even put the link up!
weak
Ironic that u been taking cheap shots at me n your hoe's in my car with the POV poured.
I JUST finished teachin her a lesson that put her 2 sleep...but if u ask her she was NOT bored.
miss
u could NEVER say u Induce broads... u only stick ur peen in hoes with THAT ranking.
deuce broads/ranking is kind of a weak connection dont use the word peen again lol...
The shit was such forced trash...Waste Management goin have 2 come by twice 2 your pad.
played concept
Wearin ur heart on ur sleeve will turn this Graphic 'Ti...when i rip u, u finna sport a custom tank top.
to wordy
Blanco needs to clean his verse up. A lot of his punches were to wordy and delivered poorly here. Not his best verse when he needed to drop his best. A lot of played and simple stuff. He had some cool angles thought just executed them poorly. Jilti had two good bars and a lot better wording. He had some other really good concepts and nameplays that didnt pan out in the end as well. He will need to come a lot better against ill nik-A if he wants to get that title though. Cool battle. Props to both youve both put in work.

Vote - Jilti
Old 09-12-2014, 06:33 AM   #5
Ongbak

Ongbak is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilti View Post

♡♡♡♡♡

♡♡♡

♡♡♡(flow is bothersome, weakened Joan Rivers bar also)

♡♡♡♡♡

♡♡♡♡♡

♡ (I've seen many of these Nintendo references before)

16 @Blanco Bishop

Quote:

♡♡♡♡♡

♡♡♡(next time abbreviate NC, having to space the letters is distracting)

♡♡♡♡♡

♡♡♡♡♡

♡♡

♡♡♡

♡♡♡♡♡

♡♡♡♡

Of the 2 verses, Blanco's submission was more consistent than Jilti's. He managed to pack several average to above average punchlines into the mix. Jilti had his fair share of quality lines too. Unfortunately his misses bogged down a promising verse.

MVGT: Blanco Bishop
Old 09-15-2014, 10:21 PM   #6
Paradigm

Champed
- The Ultimate Textcee
- NBL Cypher

dead at heart rating. 3posts is suspect but it is broken down. 3posts though.

1-1.
Old 09-16-2014, 12:12 AM   #7
Blanco Bishop

Blanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant future

Lol. Nigguh what u implying?
Old 09-16-2014, 12:20 AM   #8
Paradigm

Champed
- The Ultimate Textcee
- NBL Cypher

Quote:
Lol. Nigguh what u implying?
lol sorry wasn't implying anything just that someone with 3 posts prolly shouldnt vote but it's an alias.
Old 09-16-2014, 12:24 AM   #9
Blanco Bishop

Lol
Old 09-25-2014, 12:08 AM   #10
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

jilti: I thought the BBC One line was really clever. But there were a lot of really played concepts here: stabbing gash, Barbie, Friday the 13th, kick out of this, Nintendo. What carried you through was strong wording. This was a very readable verse with strong cadence and solid wording. It could have been harsher or more comedic for more impact, but it was a solid read. Still, I only had you with one line that landed fully, and the Joan Rivers line had potential but was a bit too direct.

Blanco Bishop: You really disincentivized my reading with those four lines. Your wording is way too drawn out, jamming in extra phrases for no reason, and the first two punches were flat-out terrible. The wording was an issue throughout, but you did have a couple nice personal disses there in the middle. Then you went back to generic, and the thing about generic punchlines is that wording is so much more important with them because no idea (especially lines about having sex with your opponent's girlfriend) is original. The closer could have been something but took way too long to get there. That's the general problem here. You write like Gamble but actually have occasional good ideas. Stop writing like Gamble. Tighten your shit up. This verse was tough to get through, and your few good concepts didn't connect as a result.

Vote: jilti
Old 10-02-2014, 07:22 PM   #11
Listen

Battle Record: 1-1

Listen has a brilliant futureListen has a brilliant futureListen has a brilliant futureListen has a brilliant futureListen has a brilliant futureListen has a brilliant futureListen has a brilliant futureListen has a brilliant futureListen has a brilliant futureListen has a brilliant futureListen has a brilliant future

Sure, why not...

Vote: jilti.

Not a great battle. However, the best bar in the whole thing was the nurse line. Very well done. Bishop, just wasn't feeling it. Felt the concepts were similar to the ones I read years ago ? Not that jiltis Nintendo line was "fresher" but at least it was well written. Bishop, for my liking, was just cramming concepts, very wordy, and overall less potent. Also, it's to, or too, but never 2... Unless it's two.

Good battle. Respect to both participants.

Later.
Old 10-06-2014, 08:35 PM   #12
Red Soldier
T.Guerrero

Battle Record: 3-2

Red Soldier is an unknown quantity at this point

Jilti: didn't really care for the opener, Barbie was ight, 3rd bar wasn't good, river bed was nice, BBC line wasn't really a hit..wording n wp was good but the punch itself didn't have sting, kick out of this was bland, I've seen a better refurbish line, closer was solid.

Blanco Bishop: opener was worded ok..punch was eh, irl was too wordy, tag tourney was OKISH..could have been executed better, link up was lame, not bored was wack, that ranking was alr, multies were off on waste management..punch wasn't quotable anyway, heart on a sleeve concepts are kinda played n plus urs wasn't worded well.

Vote: Jilti for having a cleaner drop. Punches between the two weren't that great but J had better execution.
Old 10-11-2014, 11:50 AM   #13
Orc
Certified Mother’s Boy

Battle Record: 5-1

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- NBL Season 4
- GBL Season 1
- Lyric Olympics
- Fight Night LXVI
- Fight Night LX
- Fight Night (3x)
- NBL Picture Roast
- Netcees Battle League (8x)
- NBL Picture League
- Gimmick Battle League
- BA Tag Team
- 1-2 Punch League
- NBL Cypher (3x)
- Battle Arena League
- OM HOF (2x)

Orc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond repute

i dont get the reference but i can assume. this is ok
nothing really wittty here. its personal, sure, but there's no sting
i liked the swagger. punch fell short
no wit at all here man. very generic
okay, not too creative or fresh but it's okay
this was better. ur most creative flip so far. moar
nah bro. very uninspired/old
not feeling the force np

weird wording. fell flat
fluid wording. old wordplay but its ok
creative i'll go with it being ok
this was cold. better
nice again. picking up spee
oldschool bar. feeling it
creative but i wasn't feeling it
ok here

i think Jilti had a bit more to his bars. was a good read from both and a good battle. the bars i liked from Jilti outnumber the ones from Bishop. some slick hits. Bishop just needs to keep his motivation up and not get sloppy near the end of his verse & Jilti seems to be shaking whatever rust he has off.

vote Jilti
Old 10-11-2014, 02:24 PM   #14
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Battle Record: 56-21

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Sharp has disabled reputation

Nice verse overall, thought these hit

solid verse as well

thought jilti had more lines that hit and were more effective. Good showing for both but

v/jilti
Old 10-11-2014, 07:41 PM   #15
Blanco Bishop

My niggah jil got this.

Props bro.

U deserve the title shot.
Old 10-12-2014, 10:10 AM   #16
jilti
neckties

Battle Record: 43-19

Champed
- BA Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

jilti has a brilliant futurejilti has a brilliant futurejilti has a brilliant futurejilti has a brilliant futurejilti has a brilliant futurejilti has a brilliant futurejilti has a brilliant futurejilti has a brilliant futurejilti has a brilliant futurejilti has a brilliant futurejilti has a brilliant future

Thanks Blanc.
Old 10-12-2014, 10:15 AM   #17
El Muffin
DOHpe since 02'

Battle Record: 43-24

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- 1-2 Punch Onslaught
- 1-2 Punch League
- Hot or Thot Roast
- Hot or Thot 2018
- Fight Night 11
- NPL Roast

El Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant future

Ill nika shud just vacate that shit coz ill doubt he will defend it
Old 10-12-2014, 12:17 PM   #18
Blanco Bishop

True.

does that make jil the champ?

I think so.

He's por in the most work over the last two months.
Old 10-12-2014, 12:20 PM   #19
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

You have to win a title match to get an accomplishment, even if it's by no-show.
Old 10-12-2014, 07:50 PM   #20
El Muffin
DOHpe since 02'

Battle Record: 43-24

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- 1-2 Punch Onslaught
- 1-2 Punch League
- Hot or Thot Roast
- Hot or Thot 2018
- Fight Night 11
- NPL Roast

El Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant future

Yeah interim champ perhaps

Then accomp given if he defends twice mebe once depending on who it is