Old 06-13-2016, 11:49 AM   #21
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

Why? Lady stone heart was stupid in the books anyways and makes no sense for the show. Briennes already saved sansa, theyre miles ahead of that being relevant, and they found her like a day or two later in the books. She would be so decayed to nothingness by now in the show it wouldnt make sense.

Word to cersei nuking kings landing though.

Also i think this season is solid. We all knew jon snow wasnt dead, comparing it to such a shit show like walking dead is blasphemy.

As a book reader this is the first season ive seen off the books, so maybe thats why i notice no dropoff, its all new to me so maybe it makes up for the factor of knowing how things will play out?

Also arya becoming an assassin isnt off book tho. Literally her leaving/attempting to is the only part the books havent gotten too yet
Old 06-13-2016, 12:03 PM   #22
Batty
that nigga

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

I agree about Lady Stoneheart, it would be a bad idea on the show. This season has already gotten way into the supernatural aspects.

Gotta disagree with this tho:

Quote:
Also i think this season is solid. We all knew jon snow wasnt dead, comparing it to such a shit show like walking dead is blasphemy.
This season is pretty much doing the same thing, trying to cater to the ADHD Milennials. The Khaleesi was never "fireproof", she was clearly supposed to be "reborn" from the ashes much like a phoenix. Taking the character in this direction leads to more questions than answers. Same with Jon Snow, who has become the Glenn of the show. Will he be "unkillable" now? why or why not?

The pacing is shit too. Ramsay Bolton needs to be doing something fucked up like every episode. Even if he isn't on the show, there needs to be something to keep his heel heat alive. A month ago, you had people wanting to see Ramsay gutted with a Slap Chop, now they're like OH YEAH I FORGOT ABOUT HIM, I REMEMBER HATING HIM.
Batty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 12:56 PM   #23
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't mind Jon Snow coming back; i thought it was a given. But I agree with a lot of Batty's points. Also, the season just feels disjointed and also lacking any heft. Too many characters are just circling around until their 'big moment'. This was the case in previous seasons but in those the machinations and dialogue were interesting and weighty. I don't care about a lot of scenes this season.
And the ditch in the back road stop
Could you find me?
PancakeBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 01:05 PM   #24
Diode
PR's Finest

Battle Record: 12-7

Diode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeBrah View Post
I didn't mind Jon Snow coming back; i thought it was a given. But I agree with a lot of Batty's points. Also, the season just feels disjointed and also lacking any heft. Too many characters are just circling around until their 'big moment'. This was the case in previous seasons but in those the machinations and dialogue were interesting and weighty. I don't care about a lot of scenes this season.
jaime's dialog last night was fucking fantastic
Old 06-13-2016, 01:18 PM   #25
Plot

Battle Record: 26-32

Plot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant future

Yeah, turns out I was wrong about the needle thing, the old woman/waif just had a long dagger that looked like needle, but Aryas a dickhead. She takes this coin and goes to the far off place to the temple and begs to be taught. Then slays the dudes apprentice and says like Nah, I wanna go home. And to where, it was already established that she had no where else to go. stupid.
Plot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 02:17 PM   #26
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Battle Record: 52-28

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute

This is easily the worst season yet

Someone major needs to die and not come back to fucking life

I was hoping the blood would lead to aryas face in the hall and that story line would finally end but I'm at least happy she's leaving now and not spending another season doing fuck all
~RustyGunZ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 02:29 PM   #27
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode View Post
jaime's dialog last night was fucking fantastic
It was. And that was basically it. The dialogue and intrigue has gone way down in quality this season. It just feels like a shallower and flimsier show this year.
Could you find me?
Old 06-13-2016, 02:30 PM   #28
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer K View Post
This is easily the worst season yet

Someone major needs to die and not come back to fucking life

I was hoping the blood would lead to aryas face in the hall and that story line would finally end but I'm at least happy she's leaving now and not spending another season doing fuck all
Arya legit the dopest character on the show m8.
Could you find me?
Old 06-13-2016, 02:31 PM   #29
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeBrah View Post
Arya legit the dopest character on the show m8.
Yeah but the dopest are supposed to die this is game of thrones dammit

Jon snow shouldn't have come back and hodor didn't deserve to go out like that
Old 06-13-2016, 02:32 PM   #30
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

Sam will reign as king of the land soon though
Old 06-14-2016, 12:53 AM   #31
Dominate
Tread Lightly.

Battle Record: 26-9

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- Battle Arena
- Tag Team Tournament III
- Tag Tournament: "Omicron Variant"

Dominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post

As a book reader this is the first season ive seen off the books, so maybe thats why i notice no dropoff, its all new to me so maybe it makes up for the factor of knowing how things will play out?
This.

Previous seasons it was fun to see how the books were brought to life, but the thrill of "what's gonna happen?" wasn't there and it annoyed me when they deviated from the books for no good reason.

Not knowing what's gonna happen now has me more invested in the show. I do concede there have been some stupid bits, but that's nothing new ...

Varys's little trip -- for the purpose of what happens in the epilogue of ADWD? Or something else? Spoiler thoughts: Kevan isn't really in charge in King's Landing now, so it doesn't seem like Vary needs to kill him... Perhaps he will kill Tommen or the high Septon instead? Orrrrrr... Could this be where Aegon is finally introduced?