- Fight Night XXXVI
- Fight Night XXIX
- Fight Night XIX
- Fight Night VIII
- Netcees Battle League
- NBL Tag Team
- Battle Arena
- 1-2 Punch League (2x)

Beyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certain View Post
Jon Jones has never lost or even come particularly close to losing a match.
His Gus fight was really close, so I'd disagree there. It was polled and most people thought Gus won. Nevertheless:

RD1: I thought Gus took it with the takedown and blooding up Jones. 10-9, Gus.

RD2: This was IMO the closest round of the fight and could have determined the winner. I thought both had 2 really highlight reel strikes each, but I gave the ever so slight edge to Jones. Could be scored either way, though. 10-9, Jones.

RD3: Second closest round of the fight, but not as close as RD2 IMO. Thought Gus edged this one out by a little more than Jones edged out round 2. 10-9, Gus.

RD4: This is the round where all the momentum shifted. Two of the judges at the time had it 29-28, Gus, while the other had it 29-28, Jones. Throughout the entire round, all the way up until about 40 seconds left, Gus was really giving it to Jones and picking him apart. Jones was really starting to let the fight go at this point and this was the most one-sided round of the whole fight up to that 40 second mark. At the 40 second mark, Jones lands a spinning elbow that rocks Gus, then a few more strikes (some blocked, though) and goes for a take down. Gus throws Jones off of him onto the canvas and is able o avoid being taken down even while rocked. Round ends. I mean, I gave the round to Jones, but many thought Gus should of still won the round and I can't really complain either way. He did win the vast majority of it and Jones wasn't really able to do much even after rocking him. Either way, 10-9, Jones.

RD5: This round Gus came out strong again and was doing his thing, not looking hurt at all. Then he started to gas and Jones started score a ton of headkicks on him (most of them were blocked, though, TBH). Wasn't that one-sided, really, but still, have to give it to Jones, 10-9.

Was going to do a final thought on this, but have to get a fresh cut for my boy's funeral. Def a close fight, though, and can see how some can think Gus may have been robbed in it.

pz
Beyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 07:39 PM   #22
oats
Steel Cut

Battle Record: 19-10

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night LXXXIV
- Art of Writing League

oats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant future

I agree with bey - close fight, thought Gus won when I first watched but when I rewatched I gave it to jones 3-2. Hendricks vs. GSP was a definite robbery though
Old 08-15-2014, 01:27 AM   #23
Beyond
Fresh to Death

Battle Record: 12-5

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- BTC Swagger & Flow
- Fall Brawl I
- Fight Night LI
- Fight Night LII
- Fight Night LIII
- Fight Night XXXVI
- Fight Night XXIX
- Fight Night XIX
- Fight Night VIII
- Netcees Battle League
- NBL Tag Team
- Battle Arena
- 1-2 Punch League (2x)

Beyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by oats View Post
I agree with bey - close fight, thought Gus won when I first watched but when I rewatched I gave it to jones 3-2. Hendricks vs. GSP was a definite robbery though
No doubt. Yeah, my boy who's a huge GSP dickrider scored the fight 49-46 Hendricks with GSP only winning the 5th round.
Beyond is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tonka truck into ur peehole, underwater dolphin blowjob