Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > King of the Spring > Archive > 1-2 Punch League > Archive

User Tag List

Old 09-21-2018, 12:42 AM   #1
Jabari Black
Sun Tzu

Battle Record: 13-6

Champed
- Battle Arena League
- 1-2 Punch League
- Netcees Battle League
- Netcees SOL

Jabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant future
Default 1-2 PUNCH PLAYOFFS ROUND 2 MAG: HOEDOWN NO-SHOWDOWN

INTRO

After a crazy, hectic, week, the strenuous time and mental commitment that it takes to participate in the 1-2 league proved too much for some battlers. With battles going up Tuesday instead of Wednesday, battlers only had 5 days to come up with a punch.

While that may sound like plenty of time, keep in mind that the 1-2 punch league is TWO lines instead of one. Personally, coming up with a punch in that amount of time was a daunting task, even with the 1 day extension.

To make it manageable, I decided to break the punch up into small parts instead of trying to come up with a complete concept at once. I realized that each my punches are about 30 words on average, so I decided to focus on writing 6 words per day.

But for real though...MY NIGGA ITS ONE PUNCH!!!

HOW TF YOU NO SHOW ONE PUNCH??????

Anyways, lots of no shows dampened what would have been a very solid first round in terms of quality of punches.

Also, in an attempt to keep his identity consealed, Viper decided to blatantly sway - essentially saying “My name is Barcotic”. My third eye is open though, and I see it for what it really is: a distraction to throw people off from his true identity.

Anyways, to the guys who didn’t show - no hard feeling. Yall niggas probably weren’t bout to win anyways lmaooo.

BATTLE REVIEWS

Jabari Black vs Witty

Nice battle between two guys with very different styles. The styles clash was evident.

I came true to form here with a gun bar that used a helicopter/hurricane/disaster relief concept. Witty came with a nice personal touching on my 1-2 punch run, being modded, and tied into the Jabari Bird strangling allegations.

I think the battle came down to what reference resonated most with voters. Both bars were technically sound. I think the difference was Hurricane Florence made my punch hit harder versus Witty’s reference which probably had to be googled if your not a basketball fan.

Overall, good battle and I was able to come edge the W.

Blue Bayou vs Twodrop

This battle ended in a no show. This was a disappointment but I didn’t think this one would be that close.

Bye week for Blue. Two idk what’s going on but I’m hoping you get it back together. You was dropping some nice material in the BAL but now you got to where you’re no showing a lot and your material isn’t that good when you do.

Hoping you back to it because you’re someone who I used to enjoy reading.

Cashius vs Chyeahhh!!!

Dope battle here that could have easily been battle of the week. The extremely creative Chyeahhh had his hands full coming in as the clear underdog.

Cashius had a very nice punch flipping a quote from Chyeahhh into a gun bar. Chyeahhh took a similar approach, using a flipping a quote from Cashius’s interview for the mag this past week.

With similar approaches, this battle came down to execution. Cashius’s punch was worded perfectly and he set it up very well. Chyeahhh had a great concept, but the wording wasn’t a clean as Cashius’s. Great showing from both, but the superior execution from Cashius allowed him to get a clean sweep in the votes.

DynamiCz vs bleak

This was battle of the week in my opinion. Dy came with one of his best bars of the season, and bleak finally got back to the bars that made him the first 1-2 Punch champ this season.

Dy had a dope Dr. Phil bar. He had a lot going for him in the punch with the interview wordplay and a flip on a pretty lengthy phrase.

Bleak’s bar was an under appreciated double entendre that unfortunately went over heads. He weaved to concepts into one bar with the German suplex/Brock lesnar/belly to back suplex flip and the German/Holocaust flip.

I think this battle was a lot closer than the votes showed but I, along with most the other voters, edged it to Dy who arguably had the bar of the week.

Destroyer vs Killing Spree

Weird series of events here. After neither guy showed or requested a due date by the time punches where due, I had to automatically grant an extension in the hopes that someone showed.

Turns out, Destroyer just had another birthday and is in the beginning stages of dementia and forgot about the due date. Spree allegedly took a trip to the beach despite a category 4 hurricane. Although he was able to escape a snow storm and hurricane with his life, he dropped his phone and was without access until right after the due date.

Destroyer dropped a personal that I didn’t quite get the reference on. I would have done some digging if Spree would have showed. Easy win for Des.

Flow vs Amen

This was the biggest surprise of the first round in my opinion. Coming into the battle, I thought this was a battle that heavily favored Flow. I think Amen has a lot of dirt on him that Flow could incorporate into a punch.

Instead, Flow went with an Amen’s wife bar that fell a bit flat. He went with like a pegging flip that just didn’t resonate with voters like he thought he would. Amen had a cool blood clot patois flip. The flip was pretty simple but also effective.

The battle was a bit underwhelming for me giving my expectations. I think Amen came pretty correct, but I thought it would be a closer battle. I would have loved to see a harsh personal from Flow this time around. He had a nice bar about Amen’s wife earlier in the season, but this one just wasn’t hitting.

In the end, Amen was able to get an upset win over the Upset Champ.

Viper vs Plot

Viper was trippin trippin lol.

After nice punches from both guys, Viper decides to blatantly sway in the same thread as the battle.

Anyways, Plot drops a nice burning man concept that he flipped into a gun bar. Viper had a nice court themed punch. He had a gavel/hammer flip and judge/taurus flip thats been done before, but the codefendant part really added to the punch and made the punch really hit.

After one vote that didn’t go his way, Viper posted a Twodrop punch in the thread that used the burning man theme.

Smh.

I personally would have voted for Viper in this, but unfortunately had to DQ Viper.

BodySnatcher vs DMS

Another no show, but at least Josh Allen can throw 60 yards….

This had the potential to be a close battle had DMS showed. Body came with a punch that was beatable imo.

He had a google chrome punch that would have been fine, but there’s been at least 2 punches that used that concept in the past month or so. Most likely, Body just posted something to get the no show win though.

Regardless, Body ended up getting first round bye week.

LIVE BATTLE OF THE WEEK

This battle from 2016 is bar for bar the best battle that I’ve seen, and it’s a big reason I’m even here now.

This battle was the first time I’ve heard about Rum Nitty and only my second time hearing about Ave. Two of the best punchers in battle rap put the game on notice with this battle.

Ridiculous and highly debatable battle but I got it 2-1 Nitty (1st and 2nd). What yall think?

Favorite Moments:

“You don’t want to be the one sent to face the right”

#Alfalfa

“TALWK. TEW. THIS. NIGGA” - Tay Roc

“If I whip the piece ya family fucked….head shot ya mom’s sister….”

“HERE’S JOHNNY”

“Life ain’t make you 6 feet….”

“30 under the 40…..”

“...I love handles”

Battle of the Week

DynamiCz vs bleak

Dynamicz
Nothing illusive! Kidnap you....then beat you until i feel abusive
Scope...soon as he enter view, I sit him down with the bald head--Dr Phil Exclusive

VS

bleak
Im like Brock, tossing dead weight til it's capping off the burning pile
I'll have you and your fam's corpses stacked belly to back - German style

TOP PUNCHES

***3***
bleak (vs DynamiCz)
Im like Brock, tossing dead weight til it's capping off the burning pile
I'll have you and your fam's corpses stacked belly to back - German style

***2***
Cashius (vs Chyeahhh!!!)
Fuck your conspiracies...I’ll catch you from long range until you really be bleeding, brethren
They could shut down every observatory in the world...the Scope would STILL have you ‘seeing heaven’

***1***
DynamiCz (vs bleak)
Nothing illusive! Kidnap you....then beat you until i feel abusive
Scope...soon as he enter view, I sit him down with the bald head--Dr Phil Exclusive

PREVIEWS

Jabari Black vs Plot

Plot is going to have his work cut out for him, coming in this battle as the underdog.

I’ll be coming into the battle with momentum, coming off a win against the talented and dangerous Witty. Plot had a good showing, last week but will need more of the same, plus probably a little extra.

I’ll be coming with a gun bar, per standard procedure. The challenge will be keeping everything fresh. Plot is a bit more well rounded, but is also very gun bar heavy. However, I think if he decides to go gun bar here, it will play into my strengths.

If both of us are on top of our game, this will be a very enjoyable match. That being said, I’ll be going into this battle as the favorite.

Blue Bayou vs Amen

Amen is coming off of what I thought was an upset win this past week. He’ll need more of the same, plus some to match up with the Hall of Famer Blue Bayou.

Blue Bayou is extremely tough to beat. He’s a veteran and a legend. The guy just doesn’t drop a bad bar. He’s wording is always polished and crisp, mixed with clever wordplay and punchlines.

Amen has found a rhythm. His starting to really get an idea of what material lands with voters. He’s been using a more aggressive style the past 4 or 5 weeks or so, and also making his punches more concise.

With that being said, this will be an uphill battle for Amen. If he can pull this off, he’ll gain a lot of respect. I have Blue taking this one though.

Cashius vs Destroyer

This should be a dope battle and definitely has potential to win battle of the week.

Cashius has been on a tear! He’s technically the current champion right now and he’s definitely the man to beat. He’s coming off a clean sweep win to take on the always dangerous veteran Destroyer.

Des hasn’t had a competitive battle in the 1-2 for some time, since he signed out a bit early and was no showed last week. He’ll need to come with one of his best bars of the season if he’s going to knock of Cashius.

Cashius’s strong suit is personals and punches geared specifically for his opponent. Even if he doesn’t use a pure personal, his lines typically have a personal element to it. Des is a bit of a wild card. He can do a lot of different things well, from word play, to jokes, to the occasional gun bar.

My expectations are high for both battlers here. However, with the streak Cashius is on, it would be hard to bet against him. I predict Cash to take the dub.

BodySnatcher vs DynamiCz

This battle should be a dope one, and it’s my prediction of battle of the week. These guys have seen each other a lot lately, battling as recent as 2 weeks ago.

OUTRO

In loving memory of....

Incredible

Zelph

Last edited by Jabari Black; 09-21-2018 at 10:10 AM.
Jabari Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 12:43 AM   #2
Jabari Black
Sun Tzu

Champed
- Battle Arena League
- 1-2 Punch League
- Netcees Battle League
- Netcees SOL

Jabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant futureJabari Black has a brilliant future

@Sharp @SiK @Black Mask @Seyance @Blanco Bishop @Sho Money EMG @serge T @Zuch @Universe @Papi @Balanced @Meth @Slechtn @Mike Wrecka @Atomic @Greed @Tettris @Sn00p @fraze @iSpaz @Bust @Bash @Bomb Bard @Seanzo @Packed Graves @MetaSin @Resin M-I-C @Frank Metts @Paradigm @Ronin @Useless @Suthaveli @ill nik-A @Wavy Crockett @Frac @Fracture @Knux @Sour joog @Ghost1 @Hush @Cashius @Cred @Strikta @Junto @Tic @murda sho @Muff @veritas @Moe Jetts ] @Infiltration @Resin MIC @God Of War @trap @For Battling @MFtastick @Chyeahh @classickERBL @Barcotic @Plethora @King @Kenny the OG @Jayson Fresh @Toil @Wanderer @10 Senses @dehf @Gunplay @SuckaFreeCashier @Basic M @Plot @Bags @Razah @Maximus @Useless @Ace @Diablo @Lenox @Cool @dead man @big baby @Witty @Amen @Sharp @Dominate @Beyond @Neighbor @JShazo @Sicc @namix @Certain @Joe Boston @Awww Shit @RichardCorey @yzeOne @Diode @Damien @john hensley @Jabari Black @Twodrop @Lenox @DynamiCz @Cereal @Aero @Enbombz @Incredible @Flow @Blue Bayou @El Muffin @Bongo Bear @Grizz @Infiltrate @Mediocrity @WRATH @Cashius @Knucklehead @bleak @Orc @takem2school @Exis @BROKE LESNAR @murda sho @ACTIVATE SELF @sraL @Diablo @Innovator @Witty @Alvin Karpis @Profit @Basic M @Swerve @Krucial Th1rt3en @Adonis @Fart @boof @the Munster @Answer @Chyeahhh!!! @Objective @Bleu @Defiant @Lotto Smirk @Letterman @Schadenfreude @Habitat @Killing Spree @Dia @Cyrax @Barcotic @Larkin @Neighbor @MMLP @KempoMRK @Moe Jetts @BodySnatcher
Old 09-21-2018, 05:31 AM   #3
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Battle Record: 19-8

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League Season 6

Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen

Amen came off an upset win LOL.

Dope read, man. Appreciate the effort.

RIP @For Battling
Amen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 08:44 AM   #4
Score

Battle Record: 0-1

Score has a brilliant futureScore has a brilliant futureScore has a brilliant futureScore has a brilliant futureScore has a brilliant futureScore has a brilliant futureScore has a brilliant futureScore has a brilliant futureScore has a brilliant futureScore has a brilliant futureScore has a brilliant future

Nice mag
Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 10:16 AM   #5
Jabari Black
Sun Tzu

Champed
- Battle Arena League
- 1-2 Punch League
- Netcees Battle League
- Netcees SOL

Lol at the very least, you were the lower seed! @Amen

And preciate that fellas
Old 09-21-2018, 11:36 AM   #6
Victor.
Punchline Prettyboy

Battle Record: 7-0

Champed
- Fight Night 6

Victor. has a brilliant futureVictor. has a brilliant futureVictor. has a brilliant futureVictor. has a brilliant futureVictor. has a brilliant futureVictor. has a brilliant futureVictor. has a brilliant futureVictor. has a brilliant futureVictor. has a brilliant futureVictor. has a brilliant futureVictor. has a brilliant future

Nitty fire. Ave boring

Dope mag
Old 09-21-2018, 02:20 PM   #7
Flow
Upset Champion

Battle Record: 57-49

Accomplishments
- 50 Wins

Champed
- BA Rookie Tourney
- 1-2 Punch League (x2)
- Pandemonium Cypher
- 1-2 Punch league Season 9

Flow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amen View Post
Amen came off an upset win LOL.

Dope read, man. Appreciate the effort.

RIP @For Battling
It was. I slept on you. You actually did something decent. I'm proud of you.

None of this is sarcastic. That's either a compliment or an insult depending how your mood is right now

Lolz at viper still losing most battles under an alias. No excuse now barc lad. Add him.to the rip list.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabari Black View Post
Flow....that punch was disgusting. Mvgt Flow
Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 02:31 PM   #8
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Champed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flow View Post
It was. I slept on you. You actually did something decent. I'm proud of you.

None of this is sarcastic. That's either a compliment or an insult depending how your mood is right now

Lolz at viper still losing most battles under an alias. No excuse now barc lad. Add him.to the rip list.
It's all good man. I had to drop some shit in order to win and knew that. I'm competitive so wasn't going 0-2 against you. Have never gone 0-2 verses anyone lol... Either up 1 or still tied at 1 - 1 a piece.

Good shit tho, appreciate it.
Amen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 02:45 PM   #9
Jabari Black
Sun Tzu

Champed
- Battle Arena League
- 1-2 Punch League
- Netcees Battle League
- Netcees SOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor. View Post
Nitty fire. Ave boring

Dope mag
You think so? I think Ave is sick. He’s hasn’t been on the same level that he was in 2016 before those bar stealing allegations, but he’s nice.

His first and third in the Nitty battle and his first and second against Chess were ridiculous imo.
Old 09-21-2018, 05:45 PM   #10
Flow
Upset Champion

Battle Record: 57-49

Accomplishments
- 50 Wins

Champed
- BA Rookie Tourney
- 1-2 Punch League (x2)
- Pandemonium Cypher
- 1-2 Punch league Season 9

Flow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amen View Post
It's all good man. I had to drop some shit in order to win and knew that. I'm competitive so wasn't going 0-2 against you. Have never gone 0-2 verses anyone lol... Either up 1 or still tied at 1 - 1 a piece.

Good shit tho, appreciate it.
If I knew I'd of broken a record of never have gone wife bars haha. Yeah man enjoyed it. GL with blue that shits close. Don't be disheartening if you go two against him. Blue is a beast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabari Black View Post
Flow....that punch was disgusting. Mvgt Flow
Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 05:46 PM   #11
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Champed

Haha, word. Appreciate it.