Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board

User Tag List

Old 04-19-2018, 04:43 PM   #41
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amen View Post
Kendrick has gangster violence rap?

I need to listen to him. Drop some tracks. The bullshit I've heard on the radio and what not is garbage and I strongly feel he is overrated.

He is appealing to all you white kids, IMO.
I'm half black.

I slightly misspoke when I said gangster rap. Kendrick does have some gangster rap tracks but many of them act as social commentary. My point was they're both considered conscious lyricist but often their best songs are their more aggressive, braggadocious and prototypical 'rap' rap songs.

In terms of dropping videos. I'm not going to do that. It's funny you dismissed Kendrick when compared to Tupac without listening to Kendrick outside of radio singles. Listen to good Kid, Mad City. That and To Pimp a Butterfly are about equal but I think gKMC acts as a better introduction to the argument for someone trying to a grasp on Kendrick.
And the ditch in the back road stop
Could you find me?
PancakeBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 04:48 PM   #42
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Battle Record: 19-8

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League Season 6

Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen

Heard Pimp a Butterfly. Wasn't feeling it, man. I honestly don't like the guys flow - its kind of awkward to me - in some areas he seems like he struggles to ride the beat or some of his beats are just slow and he rhyming quicker.

I'll listen to the others, tho.
Amen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 04:52 PM   #43
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Quote:
So I was watching NATGEO last night and came across something rather unusual.

Female Hyenas have dicks as well. (Or dick like organ that serves no purpose other then making it difficult to mate with a male, lol)...

Why is this?
Nobody really knows, the most convincing ideas are that it is to keep away unwanted males, or that it allows the female to achieve dominance over males, or a combination of both. But nobody knows for sure.

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 04:58 PM   #44
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Champed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witty View Post
Nobody really knows, the most convincing ideas are that it is to keep away unwanted males, or that it allows the female to achieve dominance over males, or a combination of both. But nobody knows for sure.
Legit.

I read that, scientist are puzzled and have no real explanation other then the females are born with high levels of testosterone - so they think that is why they have an penis shaped organ like the males.

But word, you are right about the dominance thing. Female matriarchs are the "Alpha" of the pack and males including the Alpha male is submissive to the matriarch. Shit is just fucking strange lol... Not sure why I care other then it's weird and I want to get to the bottom of it and understand why LOL...
Old 04-19-2018, 04:58 PM   #45
Diode
PR's Finest

Battle Record: 12-7

Diode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeBrah View Post
I'm half black.
your oscillation back to the mean was quick and relentless.
Old 04-19-2018, 05:00 PM   #46
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

Kendrick is rapping about jesus, black poverty and gang bangin in watts

lol yea I see the huge draw for white kids

once again amen is an expert on something he ADMITTEDLY knows nothing the fuck about

feel free to just not comment if you aren't fuckin educated on the matter in discussion> is that so fucking difficult!??!
Ghost1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 05:05 PM   #47
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Champed

My guy LOL...

All I stated was, you can't compare the 2.

Apples and oranges. 2 Completely different eras of hip hop. Thats like comparing Michael Jordan with Lebronda James. 2 Different eras of the sport. Sport evolved as did Hip Hop.

And it's a fact (Well according to a statistics I read a while back about Kendrick) majority of his fan base are white kids. This was a while ago, tho. May have changed? IDK - I'm not a fan of his and do not follow him. I do hear bits and pieces of his music because my kids listen to him on and off. But the shit I've heard just didn't resonate with me.
Old 04-19-2018, 05:08 PM   #48
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode View Post
your oscillation back to the mean was quick and relentless.
Didn't want too many serious posts in a row tbh.
Could you find me?
Old 04-19-2018, 05:09 PM   #49
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

Quote:
My guy LOL...

All I stated was, you can't compare the 2.

Apples and oranges. 2 Completely different eras of hip hop. Thats like comparing Michael Jordan with Lebronda James. 2 Different eras of the sport. Sport evolved as did Hip Hop.

And it's a fact (Well according to a statistics I read a while back about Kendrick) majority of his fan base are white kids. This was a while ago, tho. May have changed? IDK - I'm not a fan of his and do not follow him. I do hear bits and pieces of his music because my kids listen to him on and off. But the shit I've heard just didn't resonate with me.
I'd be willing to bet that the majority of Tupac's album sales were by white people.

And just like with Kendrick, that means absolutely fuck all and it's weird you keep bringing that argument up as if it is relevant.
Could you find me?
Old 04-19-2018, 05:14 PM   #50
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Champed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeBrah View Post
I'd be willing to bet that the majority of Tupac's album sales were by white people.

And just like with Kendrick, that means absolutely fuck all and it's weird you keep bringing that argument up as if it is relevant.
While you are probably right - I believe that white peoples preference in hip hop differs from minorities of the Latino and African american descent.
Old 04-19-2018, 05:39 PM   #51
bleak
yeet

Battle Record: 20-34

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League

bleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant future

@Amen

Oh yeah, let's go there.
My DNA is DMT I'm so rare,
My Juvenile was wilder than the NOLiA

Battle to the death
like a woolah what it do to one’s medulla oblongata- revenge of Montezuma on a blotter
bleak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 07:33 PM   #52
Incredible

Battle Record: 6-15

Incredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant future

I'm glad this turned into a nice little debate, but to be clear on what I meant, understand I in no way think Lamar is better than 2Pac.

I mean as far as how he is changing the game and becoming astronomically popular, just like Pac did.

So with that said....to the person who said the tag "is crooked I the new nas", that would be a big no....in terms of this thread, crooked I is super dope and I listened to a lot of his music all the time. But he is NO WHERE NEAR how popular nas was in his days.....
Incredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 07:53 PM   #53
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

i don't see kendrick changing the game though?

he's just a unique artist in his own right, but i don't see his influence rubbing off on anyone, maybe our definitions are different

but also its hard to tell in this day and age as well. when pac was around people were basically all limited to the same platforms, music television, and the radio. it was much easier to gain extreme notoriety, if you could break through to those platforms. thats mainly where kendrick kind of suffers. he's broken through to that platform, but no one gives a shit. i know i don't. he has his fans for sure and he's made bangers but to pretend his influence on the culture is even remotely near relevancy with pacs is just ridiculous. we could speculate on if he COULD be this generations pac, and look back on it in 20 years, i just don't think it will happen because of how entertainment and popular figures are in and out the door so fast

also when pac was earning accolades and having his basic lyrics examined in colleges it was during a time when white guilt wasn't an overbearing wet blanket of faggotry, kendrick benefits immensely from the political climate that the light was shining on prior to his emergence

i mean hearing people fawn over his performances at award shows where left leaning dweebs pretend they've oppressed people is a little different from a guy who was an actor/background dancer turned political rapper turned gangster rapper when people were much more comfortable ignoring it and giving awards to depressed white guys making rock music lol
Old 04-19-2018, 08:15 PM   #54
Incredible

Battle Record: 6-15

Incredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant future

His “Control” Verse Made Hip-Hop Competitive Again

He Brought A Sense Of Consciousness Back To Hip-Hop

He Brought Focus Back To Los Angeles

He Became Successful Without Obeying Trends

He Brought Storytelling Back To The Forefront

Credit: https://genius.com/discussions/16420...anged-the-game
Incredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 08:26 PM   #55
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

im going to guess like myself you went to that link with your confirmation bias goggles on.

all i'm seeing is everyone in the comments refuting each statement from that one persons opinion lol
Old 04-19-2018, 08:27 PM   #56
WRATH

Battle Record: 4-4

WRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant future

2pac died at 25. The significance of this is that he made all of his tracks still with a youthful look on life, and he had a for sure 10 years worth of hits left in him, but he spiraled out of control from his own energy. He is the example rockstar, with the kicker of being conscious.

Kendrick has great stuff, which is mostly overproduced if you ask me, but they are not comparable personality wise at the very least. Their paths are different and so is their muisc. Kendrick also 30 years old which all you older mfs know your mind at 25 didn't know shit compared to your 30 year old mind.

Look up some strictly for my niggas tracks, then I look up me against the world, THEN listen to hit em up. No rapper up until, during, or after is versatile like that. Trap niggas rap trap. Underground niggas rap underground. Pac had turmoil and insight, also solutions to the complaints he had about society.

Kendricks lyrics could be Pulitzer prize winning and most raw and insightful right now, but tbh at his age it damn well should be.
WRATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 08:39 PM   #57
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
i don't see kendrick changing the game though?

he's just a unique artist in his own right, but i don't see his influence rubbing off on anyone, maybe our definitions are different

but also its hard to tell in this day and age as well. when pac was around people were basically all limited to the same platforms, music television, and the radio. it was much easier to gain extreme notoriety, if you could break through to those platforms. thats mainly where kendrick kind of suffers. he's broken through to that platform, but no one gives a shit. i know i don't. he has his fans for sure and he's made bangers but to pretend his influence on the culture is even remotely near relevancy with pacs is just ridiculous. we could speculate on if he COULD be this generations pac, and look back on it in 20 years, i just don't think it will happen because of how entertainment and popular figures are in and out the door so fast

also when pac was earning accolades and having his basic lyrics examined in colleges it was during a time when white guilt wasn't an overbearing wet blanket of faggotry, kendrick benefits immensely from the political climate that the light was shining on prior to his emergence

i mean hearing people fawn over his performances at award shows where left leaning dweebs pretend they've oppressed people is a little different from a guy who was an actor/background dancer turned political rapper turned gangster rapper when people were much more comfortable ignoring it and giving awards to depressed white guys making rock music lol
ALMOST TOO MUCH NONSENSE IN ONE POST.

Needed one mention of some Roman philosopher or ruler and this would've been the perfect uh oh post. Maybe a hot pockets reference or something.

Next time.
Could you find me?
Old 04-19-2018, 08:48 PM   #58
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

He that fights and runs away, May turn and fight another day; But he that is in battle slain, Will never rise to fight again.

-
Tacitus

flee my cake brethren and pick a better site for a future battle.
Old 04-19-2018, 09:23 PM   #59
boof

boof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant future

yeah lot's of cats tryna sound like kendrick bro u just aint up on the platforms
boof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 10:14 PM   #60
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Champed

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRATH View Post
2pac died at 25. The significance of this is that he made all of his tracks still with a youthful look on life, and he had a for sure 10 years worth of hits left in him, but he spiraled out of control from his own energy. He is the example rockstar, with the kicker of being conscious.

Kendrick has great stuff, which is mostly overproduced if you ask me, but they are not comparable personality wise at the very least. Their paths are different and so is their muisc. Kendrick also 30 years old which all you older mfs know your mind at 25 didn't know shit compared to your 30 year old mind.

Look up some strictly for my niggas tracks, then I look up me against the world, THEN listen to hit em up. No rapper up until, during, or after is versatile like that. Trap niggas rap trap. Underground niggas rap underground. Pac had turmoil and insight, also solutions to the complaints he had about society.

Kendricks lyrics could be Pulitzer prize winning and most raw and insightful right now, but tbh at his age it damn well should be.
I agree with you bro. Kind of why I said they can't get compared.

Tags
amen is a hyena, amen wife has hyena dick, amen wife pop xtenze, her hyena dick has pimples, is crooked i new nas?, testicle for a adams apple