Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 06-20-2016, 03:10 PM   #1
Batty
that nigga

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute
Default BATTLE OF THE BASTARDS THO

Anybody else peep that shit last night?

FIRE.
Batty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 03:21 PM   #2
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Battle Record: 56-21

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Sharp has disabled reputation

Was watching that with NBA finals

Nearly had a heart attack when the Knights of the Vale showed up
Sharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 03:24 PM   #3
Diode
PR's Finest

Battle Record: 12-7

Diode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond repute

kinda hoped he got trampled to death for being really bad at war tbh
Old 06-20-2016, 03:48 PM   #4
Schadenfreude
Dynomite.. DYNOMITE!!

Battle Record: 42-22

Champed
- Netcees Battle League (2x)
- BA Tag Team Titles
- Lyric Olympics

Schadenfreude has a brilliant futureSchadenfreude has a brilliant futureSchadenfreude has a brilliant futureSchadenfreude has a brilliant futureSchadenfreude has a brilliant futureSchadenfreude has a brilliant futureSchadenfreude has a brilliant futureSchadenfreude has a brilliant futureSchadenfreude has a brilliant futureSchadenfreude has a brilliant futureSchadenfreude has a brilliant future

Tbh it was predictable, don't get me wrong the aesthetics of the episode were dope - the cinematography, pacing, sound design etc were all amazing, but the battle's storyline itself, was predictable. I knew Sansa sent for Littlefinger's army & I knew they'd show up just in time to win the battle. I knew her brther would be invincible in battle..lol. Shit I even knew Sansa would feed that fucker to his dogs. Actually I'd have been surprised if it played out differently.
Old 06-20-2016, 04:39 PM   #5
anime_boners
Bisky-chama <3

Battle Record: 0-1

anime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schadenfreude View Post
Tbh it was predictable, don't get me wrong the aesthetics of the episode were dope - the cinematography, pacing, sound design etc were all amazing, but the battle's storyline itself, was predictable. I knew Sansa sent for Littlefinger's army & I knew they'd show up just in time to win the battle. I knew her brther would be invincible in battle..lol. Shit I even knew Sansa would feed that fucker to his dogs. Actually I'd have been surprised if it played out differently.
this.

I actually liked the episode tho.
Old 06-20-2016, 06:08 PM   #6
Dominate
Tread Lightly.

Battle Record: 26-9

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- Battle Arena
- Tag Team Tournament III
- Tag Tournament: "Omicron Variant"

Dominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant future

Yep. Storyline was predictable but even so, WHOAAAAAA!!!!! The battle sequence was amazing, and we finally got to see the dragons kicking ass. The dialogue between danaerys and asha/yara was lolz.

I wonder what the season 6 cliffhanger is gonna be...
Old 06-20-2016, 07:17 PM   #7
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominate View Post
Yep. Storyline was predictable but even so, WHOAAAAAA!!!!! The battle sequence was amazing, and we finally got to see the dragons kicking ass. The dialogue between danaerys and asha/yara was lolz.

I wonder what the season 6 cliffhanger is gonna be...
EURON DRAGON HORN

Or Daenerys boarding ships.

OR POSSIBLY RED WOMAN HODOR REVIVAL (?)

Agree 100% with Schad about the predictability but god damn if that wasn't an epic episode anyways. You can put that entire war scene against any war scene from a movie, easily.
And the ditch in the back road stop
Could you find me?
PancakeBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 08:08 PM   #8
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

for sure it was the best depiction of battle i've seen. i mean how stuff happened can be criticized, like oh lets just watch 1000 pikemen encircle us and not try to cut them off. but prior to the knights of the vale, when everyone was squished together with no room i couldn't help but think of the battle of cannae when hannibal slaughtered 70k romans, pretty sure it was livy who described the fact that the romans were so packed together they suffocated eachother standing. jon climbing up through them for breath brought it to mind

word about the predictability, i knew the vale would come, but i didnt think it would be that desperate. jon is supposed to be robbs rival. the young wolf, who was undefeated on the battlefield. at least for awhile i don't remember if he actually lost a battle. but either way i didnt picture jon throwing away the lives of his entire army because he's mad about a brother he never really knew. i was kind of hoping he would charge them DOLO and get murked for it. lmao.

but word was fucking crazy.

i wouldnt put it past them to tie everything up in the last episode and have the last 20 minutes be all cersei, in a lead up to her nuking kings landing, and them NOT showing the nuking. basically season 7 starting with kings landing going up in flames, and daenrys seeing it from the sea or some shit.

because she's basically aegon reborn. she has the giant dragon in drogon. she'll make her own queens landing.

but season 7 should be her, and jon rallying everyone, and slaughtering those too dumb, in a lead up to season 8, where they should spend an entire season on a battle against the white walkers.

question though because i don't remember?

did mance rayder have the horn of winter or whatever? in the show? because what the fuck happened to that? if the nights king gets it and blows it the magic in the wall is destroyed and they can pass it.

i'm still waiting on the giant ice spiders but they'll probably leave them out. even in the books i'm pretty sure they just ride zombie horses, its just old nans fables that mention them.

but yea i expect to see sam, maybe arya, bran, more of winterfell/sansa/littlefinger/jon, maybe some daenerys, and cersei getting wrapped up/put on track to end the season

then another long year until next season

with any hope the next book will come out before then, and the book will cover more and go further

but i doubt it on both accounts.
Old 06-20-2016, 08:40 PM   #9
Mike Wrecka
WOW

Battle Record: 29-25

Champed
- Writing Challenge League I

Mike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeBrah View Post
You can put that entire war scene against any war scene from a movie, easily.
I'll go a step further. I think it was the best war scene ever put on screen. Better than Braveheart. It was that incredible.

Best GOT episode ever too IMO.

And to all the book people. I don't care how vivid your imagination is there's no way you can see this type of awesomeness in your mind based on words on a page. BOTB is the perfect example of why the show is superior
Old 06-20-2016, 08:41 PM   #10
millz
CharDeeMacDennis Champion

Battle Record: 0-2

millz has a brilliant futuremillz has a brilliant futuremillz has a brilliant futuremillz has a brilliant futuremillz has a brilliant futuremillz has a brilliant futuremillz has a brilliant futuremillz has a brilliant futuremillz has a brilliant futuremillz has a brilliant futuremillz has a brilliant future

I'm going to wager there will be deaths in the final episode seeing as that has been the result of the last 2 seasons to close out.

Im positive you will see the tower of joy, and that is a pretty much a good bet on what will be the closing scenes of the season. There are some interesting rumors about Rheagars harp being in Lyanna's tomb and that being part of what is used to prove his lineage. I don't think Jon specifically will find out, but i think the audience will find out and get confirmation on R+L=J

Its also a possibility that Arya gets involved in some revenge on the Frey's and the BwB and the hound interrupt Walders wedding. Maybe even get to see LS finally make an appearance.

It will be interesting to see if Cersei actually loses her shit and burns down Kings Landing, and its very possible that Tommen dies... thus completing the prophecy told to her. This could also be the end scene as well with Kings Landing burning and a winter storm on the horizon hence the name of the episode.

Im not sure we will get to see Danny leave just yet or the rumor of the wall coming down so early. That would be a lot of time to waste for the final showdown in essentially 1.5 seasons or whatever it would work out to be. Gotta give some time for Jon to rally the northern houses and to make a pact with Danny for the final confrontation with the WW. The timing would be off for them to breach the wall this early.

Last edited by millz; 06-20-2016 at 08:43 PM.
millz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 08:58 PM   #11
Diode
PR's Finest

Diode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond repute

There are only 7 EPS in each of the upcoming last 2 seasons tho
Old 06-20-2016, 09:15 PM   #12
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

i read there are 7 episodes next season and 10 again for the final.

which makes me hope that 7 are consolidating the realm for the threat

and 10 for facing the threat.
Old 06-20-2016, 09:51 PM   #13
millz
CharDeeMacDennis Champion

Battle Record: 0-2

millz has a brilliant futuremillz has a brilliant futuremillz has a brilliant futuremillz has a brilliant futuremillz has a brilliant futuremillz has a brilliant futuremillz has a brilliant futuremillz has a brilliant futuremillz has a brilliant futuremillz has a brilliant futuremillz has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode View Post
There are only 7 EPS in each of the upcoming last 2 seasons tho
I said 1.5 seasons. So my math was off a smidge. Lol
millz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 10:10 PM   #14
Fart
You Next

Battle Record: 1-2

Fart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
prior to the knights of the vale, when everyone was squished together with no room i couldn't help but think of the battle of cannae when hannibal slaughtered 70k romans, pretty sure it was livy who described the fact that the romans were so packed together they suffocated eachother standing. jon climbing up through them for breath brought it to mind
yeah if you watched until after the credits on HBO the writers said thats exactly what inspired that scene
Old 06-20-2016, 10:30 PM   #15
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fart View Post
yeah if you watched until after the credits on HBO the writers said thats exactly what inspired that scene
oh word. im googling now and seeing the director also got inspiration from alexander the great, which makes sense because of the pikemen, which alexander employed to basically steamroll from greece to india. i guess the wall of the dead was inspired from the civil war, where bodies would stack so high they'd be an obstruction on the battlefield, but like im reading i was wondering how the fuck that happened. makes no sense in this type of battle with cavalry and infantry. everyone wouldnt die in the same spot lol.

but word it was dope. i just think it was dumb they made ramsay the military genius over snow. but they gotta pull the heartstrings of viewers and show the beloved jon snow being emotional for his brother i guess
Old 06-20-2016, 11:27 PM   #16
Diode
PR's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
oh word. im googling now and seeing the director also got inspiration from alexander the great, which makes sense because of the pikemen, which alexander employed to basically steamroll from greece to india. i guess the wall of the dead was inspired from the civil war, where bodies would stack so high they'd be an obstruction on the battlefield, but like im reading i was wondering how the fuck that happened. makes no sense in this type of battle with cavalry and infantry. everyone wouldnt die in the same spot lol.

but word it was dope. i just think it was dumb they made ramsay the military genius over snow. but they gotta pull the heartstrings of viewers and show the beloved jon snow being emotional for his brother i guess
jon snow's plot armor game so strong

v srs
Old 06-21-2016, 12:42 AM   #17
NYCSPITZ
SYRACUSE

Battle Record: 31-37

Champed
- Write Night II
- Alias Topical Tournament

NYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant future

thought jon waws gonna get murked when the horses were coming

never read the books or followed the series closely like a lot of you nerds

nice episode tho
Old 06-21-2016, 04:10 AM   #18
Dominate
Tread Lightly.

Battle Record: 26-9

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- Battle Arena
- Tag Team Tournament III
- Tag Tournament: "Omicron Variant"

Dominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Wrecka View Post
I'll go a step further. I think it was the best war scene ever put on screen. Better than Braveheart. It was that incredible.

Best GOT episode ever too IMO.
Rewatching. I Agree. Only other scene I can think of that I was as impressed by at the time was the Omaha beach one from Saving Private Ryan.

Quote:
And to all the book people. I don't care how vivid your imagination is there's no way you can see this type of awesomeness in your mind based on words on a page. BOTB is the perfect example of why the show is superior
You can't really claim one is better if you haven't experienced both...

The books are epic in a different way. And more consistently epic. This episode was spectacular, but most others I wouldn't watch again. I would/am read/ing the entirety of the books again though.
Old 06-21-2016, 08:26 AM   #19
Batty
that nigga

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schadenfreude View Post
That's exactly how I feel. I knew it would happen just like it did storyline wise, but still, shit was fire. The Giant sacrificing himself to get them through the gate at Winterfell was dope af.

One episode left, so they still have a chance to swerve or suprised us. Some of both Sansa and Ramsay's dialogue hint they she's preggers. That may be revealed next episode, that's my guess so far.
Batty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 09:25 AM   #20
anime_boners
Bisky-chama <3

Battle Record: 0-1

anime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond reputeanime_boners has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Wrecka View Post
no way you can see this type of awesomeness in your mind based on words on a page. BOTB is the perfect example of why the show is superior
lol

Tags
niks kids fighting eachother?