Old 03-23-2018, 11:49 AM   #141
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost1 View Post
yea man sometimes I refrain from reading certain books depending on how im feeling lol....same as music

and yea man I watched Pausch's last lecture on youtube a few times its really good...the actual lecture......I never read the book tho but saw mixed reviews for it

and im more familiar with buddhism than the tao tbc.... theology is highly interesting to me but most of my theological focuses have been with regard to Christianity. st augustines philosophical works in his book called confessions literally ripped my brain open .....its in essence an autobiography but he does it in a way confessing his sins from literally child birth fucking insane. then he goes on to trying to comprehend timelessness in the form of god as a constant stream of time without beginning or end and ridiculing people for measuring god under human time constraints ie...if god always was why did he suddenly decide to create the world...and if in creating the world where did he exist prior to creation if he created existence...lol son .....son.

That honestly sound real interesting but I’m bias against Christianity so I doubt I would even give it a chance. Being forced to go to church EVERY FOR 4 HOURS will do that you lol. But it sounds like it’s his own take which I would def get into that. People writing their own interpretation of religion is always interesting to read.

But that shit sounds like it change my perspective lol
Inno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 11:51 AM   #142
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

Read a game of thrones faggot

Over there reading some ancient hobbit horse shit when there is fire to be witnessed
Old 03-23-2018, 12:37 PM   #143
Inno
Ad mini tator

Champed
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

Lmao are they good? Never bothered to watch the show
Old 03-23-2018, 12:58 PM   #144
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Battle Record: 19-8

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League Season 6

Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen

Game of Throne books are dope, SO I HAVE HEARD... but be prepared to read that series for the rest of your life.

That series is drawn out and long, I’ve also been told lol...

Fuck that, but the Augistine books are definitely dope. I read like half of a book, never finishing it which I should but the shit gave me a whole new perspective on life and my choices and actions lol.
Amen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 01:16 PM   #145
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
Read a game of thrones faggot

Over there reading some ancient hobbit horse shit when there is fire to be witnessed
shut up pussy lol

I started reading the one and it was like 4 faggoits in the woods found some fucking wolf cubs and chopped some guys head off then 20min of talking about the fucking sword he chopped his head off w and the other little fagot begging daddy to keep the puppies if he a good wittle warrior and take care of them MISS ME W UR INSISTANCE UPON THIS MORON SHIT
Ghost1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 01:16 PM   #146
Inno
Ad mini tator

Champed
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amen View Post
Game of Throne books are dope, SO I HAVE HEARD... but be prepared to read that series for the rest of your life.

That series is drawn out and long, I’ve also been told lol...

Fuck that, but the Augistine books are definitely dope. I read like half of a book, never finishing it which I should but the shit gave me a whole new perspective on life and my choices and actions lol.
Yeah I’m not really into that old world shit orcs and dragons, swords. Seems boring and too dam long. Who wants to read 100page book. Fuck that. Lol, plus I played Skyrim to dam much I’ve had enough of that world lol.
Old 03-23-2018, 01:16 PM   #147
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Champed

Lmfao
Old 03-23-2018, 01:17 PM   #148
Ghost1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innovator View Post
That honestly sound real interesting but I’m bias against Christianity so I doubt I would even give it a chance. Being forced to go to church EVERY FOR 4 HOURS will do that you lol. But it sounds like it’s his own take which I would def get into that. People writing their own interpretation of religion is always interesting to read.

But that shit sounds like it change my perspective lol
far be it from me to tell you what to believe in but don't hide from information in fear you may gain a new perspective...willful ignorance is not good my guy
Old 03-23-2018, 01:18 PM   #149
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Champed

I’m not with it either. I typically ask about books before reading them or check reviews and cliff notes type shit... that shit is corny too me. Braveheart was the only ancient type shot that was appealing, and maybe Troy. 300 was kind of wack, I thought... idk... just not in to that type of genre.
Old 03-23-2018, 02:03 PM   #150
Inno
Ad mini tator

Champed
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Quote:
far be it from me to tell you what to believe in but don't hide from information in fear you may gain a new perspective...willful ignorance is not good my guy
Yeah I can see that and I do agree. I guess it’s more the actual word of religion and not some ones telling of a religious experience.or how religion helped them I’m def not against that at all. To each his own but word you right
Old 03-23-2018, 02:05 PM   #151
Inno
Ad mini tator

Champed
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Quote:
I’m not with it either. I typically ask about books before reading them or check reviews and cliff notes type shit... that shit is corny too me. Braveheart was the only ancient type shot that was appealing, and maybe Troy. 300 was kind of wack, I thought... idk... just not in to that type of genre.
But see I fucking love history. I’m a big history buff. Got history channel on the hip always. Lol. Love that shit.

Yah should peep Dan Carlin’s podcast hardcore history. You won’t be disappointed. Warning tho. Each podcast is about 4-5 hours
Old 03-23-2018, 02:11 PM   #152
Ghost1

Quote:
Yeah I can see that and I do agree. I guess it’s more the actual word of religion and not some ones telling of a religious experience.or how religion helped them I’m def not against that at all. To each his own but word you right
word man I get u from ur previous post that it was rammed down ur throat when you were growing up which left a nasty impression on u....but now that you have the freedom to explore it on your own would definitely be valuable to make sure to explore it (religion in general) in its entirety, imo anyways.
Old 03-23-2018, 03:40 PM   #153
Inno
Ad mini tator

Champed
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Quote:
word man I get u from ur previous post that it was rammed down ur throat when you were growing up which left a nasty impression on u....but now that you have the freedom to explore it on your own would definitely be valuable to make sure to explore it (religion in general) in its entirety, imo anyways.
No doubt b, ama go to goodwill again today see if I can find something that catches my eye.

Any other suggestions @Ghost1 @Amen as far as religion goes
Old 03-23-2018, 04:06 PM   #154
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Champed

Start out with the bible LOL.

Confessions might have been the one I never finished.
Old 03-23-2018, 05:49 PM   #155
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

Quote:
shut up pussy lol

I started reading the one and it was like 4 faggoits in the woods found some fucking wolf cubs and chopped some guys head off then 20min of talking about the fucking sword he chopped his head off w and the other little fagot begging daddy to keep the puppies if he a good wittle warrior and take care of them MISS ME W UR INSISTANCE UPON THIS MORON SHIT
so you literally didn't get past the first chapter?

each chapter is from a different perspective/characters viewpoint. bran gets thrown out a window and crippled for life after witnessing the queen getting dug out by her own brother. so he's barely in any of the books. like if there is 300 chapters in the series he has maybe like 20.

im just confused as to how you could make it through the hobbit or any of tolkiens shit. i actually like the genre and his shit is archaic. it'd be like bumping LL cool j's first album unironically for a month straight. wtf why
Old 03-23-2018, 05:53 PM   #156
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

Quote:
Yeah I’m not really into that old world shit orcs and dragons, swords. Seems boring and too dam long. Who wants to read 100page book. Fuck that. Lol, plus I played Skyrim to dam much I’ve had enough of that world lol.
its not long enough. and any comparisons to other shit just falls flat. its more just medieval times grimeyness. there are 3 dragons, and they all belong to one person, and JUST got big enough to matter in like the 5th/6th book i forget. no real magic and shit. no orcs. plenty of swords though. but word i was mainly going at bags for trying to recommend lord of the rings shit while sleeping on the only fantasy series that is actually good in 2018
Old 03-23-2018, 06:10 PM   #157
Ghost1

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
so you literally didn't get past the first chapter?

each chapter is from a different perspective/characters viewpoint. bran gets thrown out a window and crippled for life after witnessing the queen getting dug out by her own brother. so he's barely in any of the books. like if there is 300 chapters in the series he has maybe like 20.

im just confused as to how you could make it through the hobbit or any of tolkiens shit. i actually like the genre and his shit is archaic. it'd be like bumping LL cool j's first album unironically for a month straight. wtf why

Lol have u read any other books? I'm fuckin w u tho....it seemed ok....I just haven't been in a mood for ANY fiction....as far as the Hobbit I literally read that back in middle school id never even attempt it today
Old 03-23-2018, 06:17 PM   #158
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

Quote:
Lol have u read any other books? I'm fuckin w u tho....it seemed ok....I just haven't been in a mood for ANY fiction....as far as the Hobbit I literally read that back in middle school id never even attempt it today
i read mountains of trash. i havent read much in awhile though

i could recommend a ton of fantasy nonsense, but nothing is as good as the GoT saga from that vein. at least in my opinion. but there is some good shit.its just all more in line with the stuff that bit tolkien. but there is some other cool shit, kingkiller chronicles is cool, assassin series(s) from robin hobb, wheel of time was meh but it was pretty big for awhile, some raymond feist shit. etc etc

anymore when i read though its for boring purposes like LEARNING. actual history nonsense
Old 03-23-2018, 06:45 PM   #159
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Champed

Bro, no one's read that drawn out series bro lol.
Old 03-23-2018, 07:20 PM   #160
Inno
Ad mini tator

Champed
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Quote:
Start out with the bible LOL.

Confessions might have been the one I never finished.
Nah that’s like diving into the deep end knowing you can’t swim

Tags
bags read how to be a father, ghost1 cringe itt, hooray for brains!, inno scared of bags itt, knowledge is power!, nerdcees