Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board

User Tag List

Old 06-27-2018, 11:21 PM   #1
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Finnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant future
Default Finnys big idea.

I wanna put something together. It could be one song, or it could be a little compilation. I wanna get some material from some out of state muh fuckers. @Chill Phil i got you on that anxiety joint too, just haven't figured out how i wanna come at it.

I got a bunch of half written songs maybe I'll just let some of y'all rip it.

@Genocide @Uh oh

Quit fucking around and let's get some money.

@Diode
If we could host a bunch of shit we could sell it. It's not hard. I could even get it set up myself if you'd host it. Just give me a low permission folder and lemme upload some shit sftp. I'm not even good enough with the shit like tsohg to fuck your shit up. I just wanna do SOMETHING.

Maybe start the beat tourney back up? Fuck we doing?

@Knucklehead you always talking about your gaming rig. You got any web design chops? Im experienced in php but not great at design. I could throw up a word press set up but wed need graphics of some kind. Don't you make video games too? The fuck?

@veritas help me be the guy we talked about on the podcast. Let's get some sort of PROGRESS going. Instead of shitting on each other all day, let's build something. I need a manager. Lol in a very limited and non distracting from your family capacity.

@wasim whassup mayne? Trynna get in on this?
@The Dead Poet

What you got?
Finnydot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 11:24 PM   #2
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Finnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant future

Anyone i didn't tag that wants to help build something real and tangible, let's do it. Most of y'all got families and careers, i get it. You got your shit, i got mine. Let's put our heads together and build.
Old 06-28-2018, 12:31 AM   #3
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Battle Record: 52-28

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute

I have a degree for graphic design and have done a lot of websites but it's really boring so i don't do it a lot anymore

what kind of site?

yeah I make video games
~RustyGunZ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 01:53 AM   #4
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knucklehead View Post
I have a degree for graphic design and have done a lot of websites but it's really boring so i don't do it a lot anymore

what kind of site?

yeah I make video games
I was thinking about a couple of ways to come at it. I wanna host some type of event to get people in. Maybe the beat tourney idea but also include originals. For what it was, people on here were genuinely interested. We had a pretty good turn out from week to week of we kept it going. Considering our side of community and the traffic we drove, I'd say it's a viable idea. I'm sure uh oh doesn't wanna make them videos every week tho.

But let's take it a step further. We could also have like the winner of an audio tourney get a free beat from the producer who won the beat tourney.

Those are just a couple event ideas. I'm broke, but maybe we offer a cash prize. Maybe charge to enter? Idk. $500 sounds like a lot but thats just the number i thought of. There's a $200 tourney on the front page, how many contestants? I really don't know not trying to be a dick.

The other idea i had was a Pandora for strictly indie artists or strictly for producers. I haven't truly decided which way i wanna lean on that. But that's more of a mobile app idea, not a website. Ain't nobody use pandora hardly on their computer. Maybe dudes looking for beats would.

Lastly, maybe just a site for producers and only producers. Let's face it... There's a million rappers out there and twice as many producers. The beats themselves tho are the product. You sell a beat at $50/$100and get a piece of that, that can add up. These aren't 1-2 dollar transactions. If you go to http://shadowville.com that site won't even run on Chrome. You gotta browse in IE and they sell beats every day. Their producers are shitty too.

It's all been done before, but i feel like my beats and uh ohs old beats are good enough to, if marketed correctly, get some real revenue here. Like, I'd love a quick $40right now. I'd let y'all get 20%. Lol straight up. Shit... I'd take the ten and you get the 40 if i was selling enough.

Then we factor in new producers, new rappers, badaboom badabing
Old 06-28-2018, 01:59 AM   #5
Hush
NJ Devil

Battle Record: Who Cares

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Hush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant future

How about netcees themed bandanas ?
Hush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 02:17 AM   #6
bleak
yeet

Battle Record: 20-34

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League

bleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant future

All in on the bandanas let me know

Battle to the death
like a woolah what it do to one’s medulla oblongata- revenge of Montezuma on a blotter
bleak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 02:22 AM   #7
Strikta
39 NS, lost in votes once

Battle Record: 32-40

Champed
- Time to Kill X
- Write Week III

Strikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant futureStrikta has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity Tha rellik View Post
I wanna put something together. It could be one song, or it could be a little compilation. I wanna get some material from some out of state muh fuckers. @Chill Phil i got you on that anxiety joint too, just haven't figured out how i wanna come at it.

I got a bunch of half written songs maybe I'll just let some of y'all rip it.

@Genocide @Uh oh

Quit fucking around and let's get some money.

@Diode
If we could host a bunch of shit we could sell it. It's not hard. I could even get it set up myself if you'd host it. Just give me a low permission folder and lemme upload some shit sftp. I'm not even good enough with the shit like tsohg to fuck your shit up. I just wanna do SOMETHING.

Maybe start the beat tourney back up? Fuck we doing?

@Knucklehead you always talking about your gaming rig. You got any web design chops? Im experienced in php but not great at design. I could throw up a word press set up but wed need graphics of some kind. Don't you make video games too? The fuck?

@veritas help me be the guy we talked about on the podcast. Let's get some sort of PROGRESS going. Instead of shitting on each other all day, let's build something. I need a manager. Lol in a very limited and non distracting from your family capacity.

@wasim whassup mayne? Trynna get in on this?
@The Dead Poet

What you got?
U trash tho family.
Strikta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 06:31 AM   #8
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

finny

your route to $ from music is producing.

i wouldn't go the shadowville route, or the youtube "type" beat route or even be thinking about artists. i'd view all collabs and stuff in the same category as YOUR music, that should be your hobby. i mean if the opportunity comes along to make money producing for an artist or group by all means take it. your focus should be on sync licensing though

you can consistently create sample free beats. you can create large numbers of them. and you can make them good enough to be used. every single commercial, tv show, movie etc needs music cues. this is the golden age of tv/movies. not only do you have the usual suspects of cable networks and tv networks, but there are multiple streaming companies all competing and making as much content as possible in hopes of standing out from the pack. netflix/hulu/amazon/youtubered/etc. all creating original content

all these companies and networks go to music libraries when they need music. what you need to do is get a ton of "cues" in these libraries.

the only leg work you need to do is getting your music in those libraries. you don't pitch your beats to every show you don't try and sell anything. you just focus on making beats and submitting them to libraries.

i'm not sure how to go about that though. if you google it you will find countless companies that are music libraries/sync licensing directories etc. i can't make beats that would be cleared so i never looked into it. but i can connect you with my boy dC who makes a living doing it.

he just started a youtube channel and is supposed to get more in depth on there. but in that vid you can see a mediocre beat of his has been placed hundreds of times and earned him almost 3 thousand. the more beats you get in these libraries the better your chances they are used.

the thing with sync licensing is, nothing needs to be a crazy production. it just needs to be catchy, and the song title needs to be relevant to a mood. if the editor of the tv show is creating a sad vibe, he's gonna be looking for sad backdrops.

but yea man i can connect you with this dude but i don't know if he tries taking a cut for giving up his connects, or if he charges for the lists of libraries he submits to. but we can figure it out if you are serious

i'd just focus on making beats, and you probably have a ton of shit already ready to be submitted, you just don't need the 6 minute long evolving tracks and shit.
Old 06-28-2018, 08:16 AM   #9
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity Tha rellik View Post
I was thinking about a couple of ways to come at it. I wanna host some type of event to get people in. Maybe the beat tourney idea but also include originals. For what it was, people on here were genuinely interested. We had a pretty good turn out from week to week of we kept it going. Considering our side of community and the traffic we drove, I'd say it's a viable idea. I'm sure uh oh doesn't wanna make them videos every week tho.

But let's take it a step further. We could also have like the winner of an audio tourney get a free beat from the producer who won the beat tourney.

Those are just a couple event ideas. I'm broke, but maybe we offer a cash prize. Maybe charge to enter? Idk. $500 sounds like a lot but thats just the number i thought of. There's a $200 tourney on the front page, how many contestants? I really don't know not trying to be a dick.

The other idea i had was a Pandora for strictly indie artists or strictly for producers. I haven't truly decided which way i wanna lean on that. But that's more of a mobile app idea, not a website. Ain't nobody use pandora hardly on their computer. Maybe dudes looking for beats would.

Lastly, maybe just a site for producers and only producers. Let's face it... There's a million rappers out there and twice as many producers. The beats themselves tho are the product. You sell a beat at $50/$100and get a piece of that, that can add up. These aren't 1-2 dollar transactions. If you go to http://shadowville.com that site won't even run on Chrome. You gotta browse in IE and they sell beats every day. Their producers are shitty too.

It's all been done before, but i feel like my beats and uh ohs old beats are good enough to, if marketed correctly, get some real revenue here. Like, I'd love a quick $40right now. I'd let y'all get 20%. Lol straight up. Shit... I'd take the ten and you get the 40 if i was selling enough.

Then we factor in new producers, new rappers, badaboom badabing
I was actually thinking of building an app centered around indie artist. It would be tough to compete with SoundCloud though. Hmm.
Old 06-28-2018, 08:49 AM   #10
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

also shadowville capitolized off soundclick right?

im pretty sure he was part of another soundclick group of producers that everyone loved. they had their own site and im guessing he branched off and did his own thing.

but they popped at a time when it was possible for them to pop. the database of beats online was much smaller, and it was the beginning of people being able to cheaply make music in their own bedroom. im trying to remember their original group. was it anno domini? or was he just a part of shadowville? maybe shadowville was the group and im thinking of anno domini branching from it.

either way. that moment passed and now its all "type" beat producers.

thats if you want to go the 20 dollars a beat route. but just think about it from a time put in perspective. thats like earning 20 an hour, IF every single beat you made sells, AND you make 8 a day 5 days a week.

its goofy.

i think the best route is to just keep music as a "hobby" but let that hobbies time be dominated by making beats to get to sync licensing libraries, and post your favorites to a soundcloud or youtube as well, to be open for opportunities with artists, but don't sell it short. i'd go like 200 for just some generic usage of nobodies, and 500 for the exclusive rights

but if you find good artists to work with you can still hook them up if you feel they're going somewhere

just play it by ear but for real just keep using your free time to make beats, and figure out which libraries to submit to, and how to. i think they might even handle the bmi/ascap of it? maybe not though. i'd have to get in touch with dC. but YOU should be looking into it as much as possible if you want to make money. your making sample free beats anyways and they sit on your hard drive. let them sit in a music library and maybe get used in real housewives of atlanta or some shit lmao. the good thing with sync licensing too is they don't acquire exclusive rights, thats how the same beat can be used a ton of times, and you can eventually sell exclusive rights if someone wants them know what i mean

look into it doggie
Old 06-28-2018, 08:54 AM   #11
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Battle Record: 19-8

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League Season 6

Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen

Quote:
I was actually thinking of building an app centered around indie artist. It would be tough to compete with SoundCloud though. Hmm.
DO it, you never know. The name of the platform could make all the difference, bro.

Look at facebook. Took over myspace, did they give a shit about the thought of "Competing" with other platforms hold them back, nah. They took the risk and look at them now.

Crazy how things work.

Name and how user friendly the platform is makes all the difference in most cases. Marketing.
Amen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 09:11 AM   #12
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
also shadowville capitolized off soundclick right?

im pretty sure he was part of another soundclick group of producers that everyone loved. they had their own site and im guessing he branched off and did his own thing.

but they popped at a time when it was possible for them to pop. the database of beats online was much smaller, and it was the beginning of people being able to cheaply make music in their own bedroom. im trying to remember their original group. was it anno domini? or was he just a part of shadowville? maybe shadowville was the group and im thinking of anno domini branching from it.

either way. that moment passed and now its all "type" beat producers.

thats if you want to go the 20 dollars a beat route. but just think about it from a time put in perspective. thats like earning 20 an hour, IF every single beat you made sells, AND you make 8 a day 5 days a week.

its goofy.

i think the best route is to just keep music as a "hobby" but let that hobbies time be dominated by making beats to get to sync licensing libraries, and post your favorites to a soundcloud or youtube as well, to be open for opportunities with artists, but don't sell it short. i'd go like 200 for just some generic usage of nobodies, and 500 for the exclusive rights

but if you find good artists to work with you can still hook them up if you feel they're going somewhere

just play it by ear but for real just keep using your free time to make beats, and figure out which libraries to submit to, and how to. i think they might even handle the bmi/ascap of it? maybe not though. i'd have to get in touch with dC. but YOU should be looking into it as much as possible if you want to make money. your making sample free beats anyways and they sit on your hard drive. let them sit in a music library and maybe get used in real housewives of atlanta or some shit lmao. the good thing with sync licensing too is they don't acquire exclusive rights, thats how the same beat can be used a ton of times, and you can eventually sell exclusive rights if someone wants them know what i mean

look into it doggie
I don’t recall shadow and anno being directly involved with each other but they were always the top dudes on soundclick

I agree Finny neeeds to not get caught in the type beat makers trap. It killed the creativity and career progression of the boy joel venom imo. Dude was making really cool stuff and growing and. Ow seems stagnant dropping like 2 drake type yachty type ASAP type etc beats
Old 06-28-2018, 09:12 AM   #13
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amen View Post
DO it, you never know. The name of the platform could make all the difference, bro.

Look at facebook. Took over myspace, did they give a shit about the thought of "Competing" with other platforms hold them back, nah. They took the risk and look at them now.

Crazy how things work.

Name and how user friendly the platform is makes all the difference in most cases. Marketing.
I have a cool algorithm I wanted to implement to it. Won’t speak a ton on it cus it’s a serious thing I might build all the way up and have some little beta algorithms ready for it already but yeah. Name and getting the right people on the platform early is key.
Old 06-28-2018, 09:14 AM   #14
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Champed

Hope it works out for you, man.
Old 06-28-2018, 09:24 AM   #15
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Champed

Cred just made me feel like I could be the next president with that motivational speech.

Real shit.
Old 06-28-2018, 09:33 AM   #16
Cred
The Biggest

Battle Record: 67-32

Accomplishments
- Gun Bar King

Champed
- Fight Night 3
- Fight Night 10
- Fight Night 12
- Battle Arena League

Cred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amen View Post
Cred just made me feel like I could be the next president with that motivational speech.

Real shit.
Lol I’m jus tryna put some positive energy out their fam. S/o @Ghost1 bookcees thread
Cred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 09:37 AM   #17
Diode
PR's Finest

Battle Record: 12-7

Diode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond repute

i see we're manic today.
Old 06-28-2018, 09:43 AM   #18
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Champed

Quote:
Originally Posted by takem2school View Post
Lol I’m jus tryna put some positive energy out their fam. S/o @Ghost1 bookcees thread
Same here. Salute.
Old 06-28-2018, 09:47 AM   #19
Cred
The Biggest

Battle Record: 67-32

Accomplishments
- Gun Bar King

Champed
- Fight Night 3
- Fight Night 10
- Fight Night 12
- Battle Arena League

Cred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I have a cool algorithm I wanted to implement to it. Won’t speak a ton on it cus it’s a serious thing I might build all the way up and have some little beta algorithms ready for it already but yeah. Name and getting the right people on the platform early is key.
Sounds dope.
Cred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 09:54 AM   #20
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode View Post
i see we're manic today.
He handled himself equally as well as you on the podcast and is a more interesting person tbrr

Maybe stop blindly hating on him and let him try to better himself?

Tags
dime bag productions, finny's great adventure, gam gam <3 melba toast, lol @ gam gam - border patrol