Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board

User Tag List

Old 02-11-2020, 05:17 PM   #1
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future
Default What's hot in Norway + 2 Bonus vids from Netherlands & Chile

Europe/Nordic region is doing their own shit lately. I dare to say the past 10 years has been the best for Norwegian rap ever, consistent quality over different genres and more than 2-3 artists trending at a time.

Doni Mula Feat. Pappaisjappa - Wallahi (Wallahi, I swear to God/Allah, "Vi gætter dem", slang from the US Norwegianized, directly translated it sounds stupid but basically "We'll gat you" or "shoot you with the gat")

The people in this vid is not playing in case you were wondering. Doni Mula has been inside several times for all kinds of shit and connected to the Albanian mob and other people, got reputation for being as real as it gets among rappers and criminals alike. He definitely goes all out in the vid tho.

Lars Vaular, Røyksopp - 2 Minutter (2 Minutes)

This is the sound that Bergen has been pushing out lately. Auto-tune, smooth beats with edm-vibe and flow. The collabo with Røyksopp was new and not expected, easily one of my favs. It's about needing 2 mins to breathe.

Kriminell Kunst - Måden du ser på meg (The way you're looking at me)

These people have definitely been involved with crime in the past. This video however, is on some other shit. Nostalgic, crazy and straight down gay af with a sense of humor.

Karpe Diem - SAS Plus / SAS Pussy

Karpe Diem is the most controversial political rap put out lately that also take shots at society and the youth. This is 30 mins of experimental Norwegian rap so I don't expect anyone to listen to all of it. But wanted to share it cus they've made a full album into one song, it's to combat the lack of patience among the youth and people in general, you're supposed to sit down and listen for once. It's one smooth track that transitions over to different tracks/styles with storytelling, phrases from their lives and so on.

Nils m/ Skills - La det Marinere (let it marinade)[/B]

The guy that needs no introduction, the legend of Norwegian Rap. "Let it marinade", delete shit, or be laidback and let shit turn to its own beast from there. If you're good, let your text marinade and sink in, become dope. You get the gist.

JNS Feat. Macho Mayne - P-Wing:

Bonus vids:

Fokke Simons - Oh My

Netherlands, again, on some other shit. I find it dope tho.

Ana Thijoux - ***erolazo

Political female rapper from Chile, not Europe but too dope not to include. If you don't know wtf is going on in Chile rn you should read up on it. It's close to China-levels of crazy. ca cerolazo (if I understood it correctly) is the act of making noise with casseroles. When all power is stripped from the people you do the only thing you have left to cause a ruckus, bang casseroles and make noise to show your disapproval. Powerful vid and message.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8ozGcGJ6o

Last edited by Objective; 02-13-2020 at 12:08 AM.
Objective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 05:32 PM   #2
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Battle Record: 28-3

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Guerrilla Writing League (2x)
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

lmao dem Chilean bangers about making noise with casseroles

glad to be on that wave fo sho
sral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 07:27 PM   #3
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

Criminal cunts was my favorite
And the ditch in the back road stop
Could you find me?
PancakeBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 07:59 PM   #4
Eŋg
rhyme capsule.

Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg

even though over 50% of everything i listen to is hip hop, and i do sometimes listen to 'foreign' music (in non-native language), i won't listen to hip hop not in english. ever. at all. it's pretty much all from the states too, with some uk stuff thrown in rarely.

so yea, keep repping your ends. but i'm good.
Eŋg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 08:18 PM   #5
slecht
Twitter: @ricanjq

Battle Record: 4-12

Champed
- 1-2 Punch league

slecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant future

Chile is low key on my bucket list
slecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 12:10 AM   #6
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eŋg View Post
won't listen to hip hop not in english. ever. at all.

so yea, keep repping your ends. but i'm good.
Tbh, cred to you for even checking out this thread despite that. I'll always rep my side of the street for sure. I'll try to drop some with the English language as well next time, maybe you'll get surprised.

Old 02-13-2020, 01:44 AM   #7
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Battle Record: 28-3

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Guerrilla Writing League (2x)
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

Eng should check out some French hip hop is he hasn’t already. The language works so well for hip hop.
sral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 12:08 PM   #8
Eŋg
rhyme capsule.

Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg

the cadence of french (and spanish) language definitely lends itself to the syncopated flows of hip hop, sure. but i barely speak conversational french, and i don't know any spanish, so i don't really see the point? i've heard japanese hip hop (rip nujabes) which is sonic-ally pleasing, too, but i'd rather just listen to the beats if the shit sounds good.

idk. lyrics are never more important than in hip hop, for me. maybe i'm just uncultured.
Eŋg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 07:18 PM   #9
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

@Eng: Nah, I think you just know what you're after. Perhaps you're more of a listener than visual input etc? I'm like you as well in a way, however, if the Music Video tells a good enough story I feel like I kinda make out the context clues to a bigger picture.
There's also vocal sounds in certain languages and flows that can't be replicated in the languages I know that adds on to my enjoyment.

It's definitely a niche thing to get into and I can understand why it falls flat to a majority of people. It is impossible to understand on its own, so why listen to something you can't understand? I get your point, lol.

@sraL, french hiphop? I got you, it got a verse in English too:

Last edited by Objective; 02-13-2020 at 07:20 PM.
Old 02-14-2020, 04:45 AM   #10
Orc
Certified Mother’s Boy

Battle Record: 5-1

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- NBL Season 4
- GBL Season 1
- Lyric Olympics
- Fight Night LXVI
- Fight Night LX
- Fight Night (3x)
- NBL Picture Roast
- Netcees Battle League (8x)
- NBL Picture League
- Gimmick Battle League
- BA Tag Team
- 1-2 Punch League
- NBL Cypher (3x)
- Battle Arena League
- OM HOF (2x)

Orc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond repute

Thought the wallahi song was fire even though I don’t understand the language obv

And that oh my god song is a certified banger haha
Orc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 04:50 AM   #11
Orc
Certified Mother’s Boy

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- NBL Season 4
- GBL Season 1
- Lyric Olympics
- Fight Night LXVI
- Fight Night LX
- Fight Night (3x)
- NBL Picture Roast
- NBL Picture League
- Gimmick Battle League
- BA Tag Team
- 1-2 Punch League
- NBL Cypher (3x)
- Battle Arena League
- OM HOF (2x)

Orc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond repute

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ys1B9acL

These boys are huge with the younger generation in Ireland

Controversial/funny — their last video someone was fucking a blow up doll of the Irish prime minister who’s gay

Not my type of music but I can respect the graft
Old 02-14-2020, 04:57 AM   #12
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORC View Post
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ys1B9acL

These boys are huge with the younger generation in Ireland
Damn, can you get another link? I get "Video Unavailable" when I click on it. Would love to check out some rap from Ireland.

Old 02-14-2020, 05:48 AM   #13
Orc
Certified Mother’s Boy

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- NBL Season 4
- GBL Season 1
- Lyric Olympics
- Fight Night LXVI
- Fight Night LX
- Fight Night (3x)
- NBL Picture Roast
- NBL Picture League
- Gimmick Battle League
- BA Tag Team
- 1-2 Punch League
- NBL Cypher (3x)
- Battle Arena League
- OM HOF (2x)

Old 02-14-2020, 07:06 AM   #14
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Yo, that's dope af. I'm loving the vibe the new gen has been putting out lately. I got to dive more into Irish rap for sure, don't know if I've even heard any rap from Ireland until now. Thanks for sharing dude, gonna get bumped.

Old 02-16-2020, 08:45 PM   #15
Exis

Battle Record: 3-3

Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis

Yo how sick is that joint ORC threw up...Bloody hell!
Exis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 08:48 PM   #16
Exis

Battle Record: 3-3

Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis

It's like on some Die Antwoord shit...
Exis is offline   Reply With Quote