Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 07-13-2014, 02:48 AM   #141
Malachi
Negus

Battle Record: 5-10

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

Malachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Malachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certain View Post
I like the sample, but you need harder drums and a deeper bass.
Word at the drums, thanks

uhh how do i add more bass? @uh-oh

aint that just how the drum hit sounds

Last edited by Malachi; 07-13-2014 at 03:18 AM.
Malachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 03:19 AM   #142
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

Malachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant future

So I was tryna figure out a simple way to add more bass and i went on the mixer and used this shit called Soundgoodizer and bass booster.

not sure if that what i shouldve done. but doesnt sound that bad to me

its tight how much shit / features in fl tho

Last edited by Malachi; 07-13-2014 at 03:23 AM.
Malachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 09:27 AM   #143
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

word malachi, my bad i had to work yesterday kind of fucked up my weekend

but yea when i do get around to making my next vid i'll try and focus on the piano roll drum programming

and the mixer

so i'll show you how to bring the bass up in the sample itself.

i use the soundgoodiser too, i use it at the end tho, and only on the master channel, and i don't use alot of it. like i turn the knob so its only like 1/4 highlighted.

also you can play basslines as well, im terrible at it, so i kind of chop for basslines as well and filter/sample them but that gets complicated

i don't want to throw too much at you at once
Old 07-13-2014, 09:28 AM   #144
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

but you chopped that sample right, and the drums were fine
Old 07-13-2014, 12:36 PM   #145
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

The drums were on point, just not loud enough.
Old 07-15-2014, 01:57 AM   #146
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
word malachi, my bad i had to work yesterday kind of fucked up my weekend

but yea when i do get around to making my next vid i'll try and focus on the piano roll drum programming

and the mixer

so i'll show you how to bring the bass up in the sample itself.

i use the soundgoodiser too, i use it at the end tho, and only on the master channel, and i don't use alot of it. like i turn the knob so its only like 1/4 highlighted.

also you can play basslines as well, im terrible at it, so i kind of chop for basslines as well and filter/sample them but that gets complicated

i don't want to throw too much at you at once
when you say basslines? u mean from a guitar or

and word good to know i sampled it right? how does it overral sound then.

and so ive sampled these two beats, i feel like they uncomplete .

should i go onto the next one, ig just to practice til u can get that vid up? i mean i can always practice. just not sure what to move onto next
Old 07-15-2014, 02:09 AM   #147
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

https://soundcloud.com/prophetmt/cipher
@Certain , @uh-oh

Do yall like this better ? i enhanced some stuff. Is the bass better.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:17 AM   #148
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah. That's really good.
Certain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:49 AM   #149
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
when you say basslines? u mean from a guitar or

and word good to know i sampled it right? how does it overral sound then.

and so ive sampled these two beats, i feel like they uncomplete .

should i go onto the next one, ig just to practice til u can get that vid up? i mean i can always practice. just not sure what to move onto next
basslines, yes they can be from bass guitar, hip hop also uses synth basses

and yea you can move onto the next ones, just keep chopping samples and arranging patterns and doing drums etc

im going to want to teach you more complicated chops eventually but before that i can teach you other ins and outs

piano roll programming, be it drums or virtual instruments like bass.

mixing, and how to use the mixer

mixing is like a whole area in an of itself, there is the "theory" i guess you would call it. like the basic set of rules for hip hop. kicks and snares in the forefront being loud, bass centered/mono etc. shit like that

but then you also have like effects and shit. how to use filters, eq's, compression stuff like that

ill get more into those things once i teach that i'll go to 2 beat and 1 beat chops

and remember you can take 2 bar, and 4 bar chops as well

its all about what you hear when you listen to a sample. there might be a dope 2 bar loop, and you play it 3 times, and then a 1 bar loop twice for a change up

the possibillities are endless
Old 07-16-2014, 12:55 AM   #150
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
basslines, yes they can be from bass guitar, hip hop also uses synth basses

and yea you can move onto the next ones, just keep chopping samples and arranging patterns and doing drums etc

im going to want to teach you more complicated chops eventually but before that i can teach you other ins and outs

piano roll programming, be it drums or virtual instruments like bass.

mixing, and how to use the mixer

mixing is like a whole area in an of itself, there is the "theory" i guess you would call it. like the basic set of rules for hip hop. kicks and snares in the forefront being loud, bass centered/mono etc. shit like that

but then you also have like effects and shit. how to use filters, eq's, compression stuff like that

ill get more into those things once i teach that i'll go to 2 beat and 1 beat chops

and remember you can take 2 bar, and 4 bar chops as well

its all about what you hear when you listen to a sample. there might be a dope 2 bar loop, and you play it 3 times, and then a 1 bar loop twice for a change up

the possibillities are endless
word at basses, how do i get em

and u gon make the video out of piano roll/mixing? word word
what the point of those other like mixing channels anyway besides the main one.

2-4 bar chops? wont that sound sped up?

speakin of the change up is there like a map of a beat? like you know what i mean

Like the parts of it, thats why i feel like it aint done.

Like u got your main part and then u get yo chorus right?

but ight ill look for another song to sample
Old 07-16-2014, 02:25 AM   #151
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

soul music is just dope tbh
Old 07-16-2014, 06:52 AM   #152
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

its my favorite music

i listen to it more than anything else
Old 07-16-2014, 06:31 PM   #153
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malachi View Post

2-4 bar chops? wont that sound sped up?

speakin of the change up is there like a map of a beat? like you know what i mean

Like u got your main part and then u get yo chorus right?
@uh-oh
Old 07-16-2014, 06:44 PM   #154
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

16 BAR VERSE

8 BAR HOOK.

intros/outros can be whatever.

most of the time my beats are structured like this, but keep in mind choruses and verses can be switched up. don't gotta start with the hook every time, you can drop right into the verse and then switch to the chorus etc

4 bar intro
8 bar chorus/hook
16 bar verse
8 bar chorus
16 bar verse
8 bar chorus
4 bar outro

now in some genres and some hip hop you can do bridges too

it would be like

16 bar verse
8 bar chorus
8 bar bridge
16 bar verse

so basically after the hook/chorus, there might be a bridge, rappers like 50 utilise that shit, he's the best at it because its usually like a sing songy type piece "bridging" it back to the verse. usually memorable like hooks because its a change up but brings it back

but word just have a start, verses and hooks alternating and your good

you can structure it however you want tho, you can have a 32 bar verse lol or more

just try and keep it in normal bars tho that make sense, not like 33 bar verses lol
Old 07-16-2014, 06:47 PM   #155
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

@uh-oh when u said the 2-4 bars chops thoo how wouldnt that sound sped uo the step sequencer and whaterver.

and shit thats long lol
Old 07-16-2014, 06:50 PM   #156
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

when you time stretch a chop, look at your options, its not just 1 bar

its

1 beat
2 beats
1 bar
2 bar
3 bar
4 bar

so if you take a longer chop, 4 bars in length, when you click the drop down, dont hit "1 bar" that will make it sped up, put it on the 4 bar option

you are telling the program how long it is basically.

this works with the other lengths as well

if you want a 2 beat chop (half of 1 bar is 2 beats) you only take a 2 beat chop, instead of a whole 1 bar chop.

those options are whats available

you can take any size chop you want. about as small as you will ever chop is a half of a beat.

thats like a 1 bar chop cut in 8 even pieces. there is no preset for that in the dropdown, and that lesson is for another day

but basically you can timestretch all the lengths i listed above in the timestretch drop down when you right click the time knob

i might have a 1 bar loop 12 time and then have a 4 bar loop take it into a hook/chorus section.

you can do any combination of chop lengths to arrange sample chops to make your own shit, or to vibe with the sample
Old 07-16-2014, 06:55 PM   #157
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

oh okay wordd,
Old 07-16-2014, 06:55 PM   #158
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

lol idk why but countin the beat to chop is fun
Old 07-17-2014, 03:48 PM   #159
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

@uh-oh

you know the step sequencer? u can make it longer. will ther ever be a reason to do that?
Old 07-17-2014, 03:55 PM   #160
Split

Battle Record: 27-22

Split has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond repute

close this garbage, PMs or Skype him you scrawny faggot

Tags
become one w/ buttplug, lower tier scissorfags, meth induced tutorial, stole swamp things walkman, the zen of sodomy and cake