Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > 1-2 Punch Season III > 1-2 Season III Archives

User Tag List

Old 08-12-2015, 10:02 PM   #1
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Battle Record: 56-21

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Sharp has disabled reputation
Default 1-2 SEASON 3 INTRODUCTION

Let's get it

First off this ain't really a mag so much as an orientation. This is another league to be run by myself and Allen Knight, and in keeping with the successful NBL season we'll definitely have plenty of similarities. But a lot of key differences are gonna make this league a whole other animal (and IMO a lot of fun):

Previews in Battle threads
That's what I'm talking bout. BROKE did this last season and he rocked it, these won't be standard mag predictions and will be more for hyping but at the same time evaluations of the battlers and matchups. You may have noticed how the OP of your battle has such a prediction, and let me just say that these will only get better as we get a feel for each of your abilities for 1-2 battling and get on a schedule (since the season was set to start when NBL round one ended, we had to be ready to go at any moment. That meant leaving signups open which meant everything had to happen fairly quickly). As a result - and lemme get this out of the way so there's less bitching - Mags are not going to be weekly. Lemme say that again for anyone who missed that,

Mags are not going to be weekly

This is because reviews are accounted for and any element related to rankings is a whole other animal because these are incredibly unpredictable battles. Literally anyone could hit a 4 week win streak and champ at any time. But, mags will happen regularly, and on a schedule, and as soon as that's worked out you will know. The first mag will coincide with our first champ match.

Returning Features
Like the previews in thread OPs, other things that made last season so dope will be here. Included in that will be events like the Onslaught, which will happen without warning and BROKE's rebuttal option, which can become available as early as week two. BUT these returning features may have a twist, like increased rewards for the top 3 finishers in an event like an Onslaught with a penalty of a loss for all participants who don't finish so high. Anything like that will be explained in depth.

New Features
We gotta keep it moving. As mentioned in the signup thread we will be implementing new kinds of battles/stipulations/rules, including these:
  • Champing the league = +1 on site records
  • Champs choosing their opponents on alternating weeks
  • Pic Diss battles
  • Alias weeks
(Any non standard battles will come with a warning the week before - so CHECK THE SIGN IN and CHAT THREADS TO SEE IF SOMETHING IS COMING NEXT WEEK)

and here's a taste from the mastermind himself, BROKE LESNAR on these special battles:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROKE LESNAR View Post
Now if I'm a regular battler and upset over not getting a Champ or Contender match, not being selected for the Choice match (and missing out on the opportunity to go 2-0 or potentially 0-2) or I'm just generally disgruntled by No Shows and with the level of competition I'm given, I'm probably going to vent that frustration in the discussion thread.

Last season I instituted the Rebuttal Option. If both competitors agreed to it, they could post one rebuttal each in response to the other. I want to do this again, as it was mildly successful, but I don't want to give every battle the same option. I want to randomize different options for different battles:

Ex: BROKE LESNAR vs. Roflzzz
Rebuttal Option

Sharp vs. Lmao
Gamble Option
(Loser must sign out for next week and take an additional loss, that's 2 losses and a one battle suspension, Winner gets an additional win and a spot in the Choice match the following week, that's 2 wins, potentially 4 in 2 weeks)

Lmao vs. Roflzzz
Safe Option
(Winner automatically faces the worst ranked battler in the league in the following week)

BROKE LESNAR vs. Sharp
Zero Option
(Winner gets a Title Match following the conclusion of that week's title match, meaning the Champ, if they retain in their scheduled match, must defend a second time against the winner of the Zero Option battle. Likewise, if a new Champ is crowned, then he must immediately defend against the winner of this battle. The next week will not begin until the new champ match is concluded. Loser will have their record reset to zero i.e. 0-0)

*While the Rebuttal and Safe options can be assigned to multiple battles a week, The Zero Option is available to just a single battle. It carries the opportunity to Champ the league or to ruin the season. I suspect this option will inject a ton of controversy into the league, and that is exactly what I would want from it.

These will be implemented over time and we will let yall know as it happens in battle OP's and chat threads. The turnaround on records will shock you but they'll still be fun as all hell, I promise you that.

Voting
Yall know me by now. No voting link threads but tbh I expect you to vote on most, if not all open battles - two bars per battle lol. If you don't, odds are I'll directly contact you before any sort of penalty arises but I don't see that being a problem. We can be a lot more chill here than NBL in general but that's no excuse to slack on voting. I expect yall to kill it here though because the effort to thoughtfully vote on one NBL battle is enough for 4 or 5 in here. Considering it'll be bar vs bar I expect the subjectivity to really show up and many battles will be split decisions, so again, can't be slacking.

In a nutshell - kill it, have fun, vote, and keep the flames of text roaring like only this bunch can.

Mainly so we all clear on stuff: @Remy LeBeau @Flo Real
@Odd Ways @Zelphish @Destroyer
Sharp @Unfukwitable @jilti @Witty @Clayray @Infiltration @Cred @Greed @Bomb Bard @iSpaz @Lotto Smirk @joog @Alphadog @Sn00p @Seyance @Bust @Strikta @...the Munster @Chamber @Zinaii @Bags @Work @Chyeahhh!!! @Zelphish @Hush
Old 08-13-2015, 12:07 AM   #2
Useless
100%

Battle Record: 9-12

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League

Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless

Dope.

I like the stipulations