Old 10-05-2023, 01:07 AM   #1
Frank

Champed
- NWL Season 2
- Art of Writing League (5x)
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- AOWL Season 6
- AOWL Season 10

Frank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant future
Lightbulb SZN XI Semi-Finals: Diablo (9-0) vs. brokenhal0 (8-3) [DIABLO WINS 5-2]]

Season 11 XI

VERSE DUE: Friday, October, 13th, 11:59 P.M. Western / 2:59 A.M. Eastern / 7:59 A.M. UK. 24 Hour Ext: Mod Discretion

MAXIMUM: 60 Lines

Goodluck! @Diablo @brokenhal0

TOPIC:

Old 10-05-2023, 04:13 PM   #2
Diablo
Badgerdick

Battle Record: 11-2

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Diablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant future

The thing with fish is it’s sink or swim, either get with the current
or be swept in the undertow as you’re left by the others.
There’s strength within numbers among those scared of swimming in tall tides,
but it isn’t just pure size separating the big fish from small frys.
Our ecosystem is more hierarchal than initially seems
There’s plenty of fish in the sea, with many genus and species,
to then contend and compete with in the depths at the deep end
but there’s a difference between them eating to live, and ourselves living to eat.
To be king of the sea monsters one must learn to adapt
to thermodynamic change in order to emerge from the pack.
Those submerged on the flanks must await their turn as a consequence
- others prefer to attack first while they’re asserting their dominance.
You learn if you want to swim with the sharks then it’s fight or flight
The tides are higher here, and so are the risks that you’ll die on sight.
Where giants rise and acclimatise while the lost become destined
to be washed up and left with the flotsam and jetsam.
To conquer these depths requires consummate effort, creating a problem
as if you’re not maintaining a constant forward motion then it’s a race to the bottom.
For some, failures no option, here it’s kill or be killed
The predatory instinct instilled means we sense blood the instant it’s spilled.
Those with limited skillsets restrict themselves to what’s known
while seldomly roaming outside the habitual realm they call home.
Others delve to the oceans depths before they assail to its heights
patiently climbing through its many leagues as days become nights.
The colossal creatures leave mere bottom feeders trailing behind
in their wake as they rise against the pressure that weighs on their minds.
When your only aim is survival, you accept they view you as weak,
If you don’t get to do as you please you can never truly be free.
There’s no sense in choosing to keep the same endless loop on repeat
having never grew up to realise the potential you could have reached.
It takes effort to supersede natural born killers so ruthless
Those that lived to manoeuvre my path bear the scar tissue to prove it.
They’re never as quick to pursue me after they’re given a schooling
and left licking their wounds since the competition are toothless.
I give everything to this movement.
You can’t breeze through here unchallenged.
If I greet you with a callous smile, just know teeth soon to be brandished.
You’re seafood if I manage to use speed to my advantage
with eyes deep, blue and expansive as the free moving Atlantic.
You’re a meal to me, a snack in my rear view as I’m passing,
once the fear ruins your chances — we’ll see who’s the real savage!

FIN.

Last edited by Diablo; 10-13-2023 at 03:58 PM.
Old 10-14-2023, 01:11 AM   #3
brokenhal0

Battle Record: 12-12=4

Champed
- AOWL Season IX

brokenhal0 has a brilliant futurebrokenhal0 has a brilliant futurebrokenhal0 has a brilliant futurebrokenhal0 has a brilliant futurebrokenhal0 has a brilliant futurebrokenhal0 has a brilliant futurebrokenhal0 has a brilliant futurebrokenhal0 has a brilliant futurebrokenhal0 has a brilliant futurebrokenhal0 has a brilliant futurebrokenhal0 has a brilliant future

''The Depths of Emotion: Sharks, Souls, and the Devil's Dance"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DnuYRdE0AY

In the azure expanse of the ocean, where sunlight filtered through the water like parts of heaven,
You told me to swim farther to experience the larger lesson.
But I got lost in tepid waters, caught in fishing nets cast by the laws of seven.
It was a great escape during the storm; fishermen lost their weapons,
I guess that's how a devil offshore exploits the leverage, the load of something they harbored questions
but on this island, we've all been tested. I react like a hammerhead; it's all aggression.
I want to be a better father; at best, I can show you how to hunt.
The rest is up to you when seals and dolphins call your bluff.

There existed a realm teeming with life, drama, and emotion.
The consist a hell teeming with life horrors and devotion.
Karma swept under the ocean; it evolves under lunar arcs to test the notion.
Is God bloodthirsty for the lesser showman, or will the meek evolve to grow feet and walk the boat ramp?
Here, the great white shark reigned supreme, not just as a predator of the deep, a sentient being bearing the weight of their own skins,
Diablo
How in the devil did I sink below this, then float to the top like a lotus bearing the weight of my old sins.

Fishing plates on the tackle of my old Benz.
Deep in the abyss, where the sunlight barely penetrates with no tints.
I met a tiger shark with a body of a human; she bore a righteous heart.
Her sleek form was adorned with scars from countless battles in the tides of dark.
But it was her eyes, a mosaic of wind chimes and sand dunes; she told me everything will be okay.
I never planned to understand you, an archetype of beauty and bad news,
models with shark bodies popping bottles on the last cruise.

She saved me from jinn that haunt the silted river's willow trees,
We swam together between multitudes of jellyfish hunting bluefin tuna in Bristols brittle reeds
She brought me back to shore when the great whites slaughtered my little niece
and in those waters is where I found the truth.
Somewhere on the shores of Goa, a famished child is recycling plastic.
The few friends I got left are biting on the fishing line of a habit.

"You ain't as deep as me,dog,"
that's what I told the sea when the orcas started to circle my freefall,
the diabolical existence that resonates in the heart of every shark.
It's in the eyes, Chico; I see y'all.

A group of tourists, driven by morbid curiosity, arrive on some random island destined for asylum
trying to inherit all the things life deprived them. When the waters move, you can never find them.
A journey to a new world with lesser items, i witnessed many sharks eat the migrants
the force of Poseidon ,swimming waves that will shake the titans, desolate shores.

A submarine full of secrets that will sound better than yours
Their arrival is marked by a sense of trepidation, each carrying their own personal burdens to shred
Enemies amongst friends, at what cause for just ends?
A boat full of pride and success, boastful a struggling artist yearning for inspiration,
copeing a grieving widow seeking solace; depression got her adding extra cheese on Chipotle's,
going no place an ambitious journalist haunted by past failures, reminded by all the bones below the showcase.

As they descend into the abyss, a heavy tension permeates the underwater world.
The tourists clutch their cameras tightly, trembling hands betraying former life dreams.
The waters icy, Lord almighty, the cost was pricy.
Suddenly, a goblin shark emerges from the gloom. Its massive form, scarred and ancient
A testament to years of ruthless survival, foaming at the mouth with blurry eyes larger than Leviathan from the Bible,
The last of its kind, aghast, the tourists hold there breath before the beast.

Its lifeless eyes, black and soulless, mirror the bleakness of my underwater coldness.
The tourists are mere observers in this grim theater of life and death
overwhelmed by a sense of impending doom. The air is heavy with cries of dread
as the Goblin approaches, its immense jaws ready to close in for the kill.

In a sudden twist of fate, a tourist camera captures a blinding image of the beast, momentarily stopping it still.
the flash had caught the shark off guard it froze like deer, caught in headlights on top of a hill.
The tourists cheer and scream as the shark swims away into the fading deep
A flash of light saved them from that giant pervading beast.
Startled, they were reminded of the fragility of the physical plane.
In the abyssal worlds, only light kept those people safe as the submarine surfaced
The tourists encountered a cookiecutter shark entity that night; it communicated through there dreams, planting seeds
Abyssal awakenings will occur for every individual dancing with the devils beings."

Last edited by brokenhal0; 10-14-2023 at 11:09 AM.
Old 10-17-2023, 07:12 PM   #4
Zuo
Sidearms

Battle Record: 1-1

Zuo has a brilliant futureZuo has a brilliant futureZuo has a brilliant futureZuo has a brilliant futureZuo has a brilliant futureZuo has a brilliant futureZuo has a brilliant futureZuo has a brilliant futureZuo has a brilliant futureZuo has a brilliant futureZuo has a brilliant future

This one was tough but I gotta go with brokenhalo
Old 10-17-2023, 10:58 PM   #5
Soule
Save The Sea

Soule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant futureSoule has a brilliant future

Diablo showed up with his usual metaphorical piece. I'm assuming it's talking about how netcees is the deep end and you gotta sink or swim and that you're the apex predator and all that stuff. I feel like if the content didn't become repetitive before the halfway mark this wouldn't have bummed me out but I was really hoping for a lot more as I know Diablo is capable of a lot more. Kinda disappointed. There were some cool lines here and there and the flow was consistent but this wasn't a semi finals drop bro and you know it. Either cashed this in or underestimated your opponent imo.

Halo, a few times here you had some really weird word choices and lines that left me scratching my head. Mainly because it would have a nice groove then you'd throw some line in there that thought it from a story to a free style bar or through me off. The majority of the piece was cool but I feel consistency hurt you a bit here. I also think this piece would've been better had it been more literal. Like "cookie cutter shark entity".... Just say cookie cutter shark lol. No need for that extra man. Some small mistakes like that through the read man really took me back from the potential.

Overall both guys definitely had their flaws and while I feel like Diablo just cashed in one bog metaphor tugging himself, the technical content was more consistent than halos drop which might've been less repetitive but was a lot less consistent line for like.

Vote Diablo
Old 10-18-2023, 10:47 AM   #6
symetrik

Battle Record: 5-7

symetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant future

hammerheads aren't aggressive

mvgt diablo.

broken told a more extensive, broader story that hit some personal notes like he somehow rose from a depth and deserves to be here.

diablo stuck to the topic pertinaciously, and while I like creativity, I like "you can be creative WITHIN THIS SCOPE"... the true core of a topical battle, and diablo did that here.
Old 10-18-2023, 11:32 AM   #7
dead man
living

Battle Record: 33-18

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- AOWL Season 1
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 4
- Write Week V
- GWL Season 1

dead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant future

V/ HALO
Old 10-18-2023, 05:22 PM   #8
Dope girl

Battle Record: 3-8

Dope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Dope girl Send a message via Yahoo to Dope girl Send a message via Skype™ to Dope girl

Tough choice because both decent

Broke had polish personals concepts soild

Diaablo lyric off the hook
Flow super tight I thought his verse more smooth compare to Broke

Vote Diablo
Old 10-21-2023, 09:32 PM   #9
Master Rock
Steadily Lurking

Battle Record: 7-7

Champed
- Netcees Writers League

Master Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant future

Diablo has a tight flow throughout with plently of flexes. There where a few areas that seemed forced but the narrative was informative from an uninformed reader standpoint. The entertainment level was not as captivating for a story angle but to each there own. Broken on the other hand had a rough start, it felt a tad bit try hard. It didn't truly gather any steam until, " met a tiger shark with a body of a human; she bore a righteous heart.
Her sleek form was adorned with scars from countless battles in the tides of dark.
But it was her eyes, a mosaic of wind chimes and sand dunes; she told me everything will be okay.
I never planned to understand you, an archetype of beauty and bad news,
models with shark bodies popping bottles on the last cruise.
". Broken bodied that whole section...that was a treat. I know Broken attempted a story angle but was scattered too vastly with the flow lacking rhythm and cadence. Tons of ideas but I felt myself wandering off in space like I had ADHD all over again. I initially was going to give it to Halo based off the the epic multiple stand points and story but Diablo had a more direct polished verse that was easy to follow and had a vibe throughout. Vote Diablo

https://www.instagram.com/master_rock1/
https://www.youtube.com/graphicalmindz
Old 10-23-2023, 01:27 PM   #10
Mike Wrecka
WOW

Battle Record: 29-25

Champed
- Writing Challenge League I

Mike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant future

Weak semi final. Two boring commentary verses with mediocre rhymes schemes and imagery. Didn’t like either. Disliked diablos less due to Halos length.

Vote - Diablo
Old 10-23-2023, 03:47 PM   #11
Frank

Champed
- NWL Season 2
- AOWL Season 6
- AOWL Season 10

Frank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant future
Default UPPING!

@Certain @UnbornBuddha @Vulgar @PancakeBrah @veritas @RichardCorey @White Earl @Zen @Wise Wiggles @big baby @Mr. J @Eŋg @Hush @Ghost1 @zygote @dull boy @CopyPat @2tripple0 @Witty @Split Eight @Pinot Grij @Just Write @Cimmerian @JESODIST @Nigma @Soulstice @ill nik-A @Eviscerate @Mercy @Rawn MD @Fig @patrown @breathless @Dove Dozer @IamBenT @ThisisDAM @Atheist @Diode @dyedinthewool @Three-Planes-Aligned @King Ra. @Orc @Cashius @Darth Yoda @namix @TYSON @Bodey @Artifice @~RustyGunZ~ @Objective @Nigma @Sinacog @ACTIVATE SELF @Concrete @Answer @asylum @YDK @Spoken @Tha Pastor Reach Yeah @Soule @Urban Dialect @Aesthetic @Alice @White LGI @Pakistani Hand Cannon @sacrifice @Chyeahhh!!! @Shredder @john hensley @Etherwave@uh-oh @Johnny 6 feet @Headless Verseman @Joko @EtH @Atheist @Johnathon Mercy @PiE @Seyance @Maximus @Sn00p @Ullr @Strikta @Sharp @Aero @kungfugrip @R!canTheoryz @Fracture @Clout @i single @UserName @Barcotic @Bobby D @Camp Bell @Coup @Darker Ego @Immolate @High Voltage @ribbit @david stern razor burns @Mike Wrecka @Exoduzt @Angkor @rakontur @Bladed Thesis @EtH @Cormier @fraze @Argh @The Law @Razah @Exis @Maximus @Flow@detour @trajik @trap @WZA @Scripter @Vinzr @Answer @Anjahl @Clayray @Defiant @Echo @Profit @Greed @corleone @Que @Mike Wrecka @Saint @Universe @Dominate @Quil @dead man @Zuo @Blue Bayou @Cereal @dead man @NYCSPITZ @Adverse @Dope girl @symetrik @Scar @Bladed Thesis @Civil Rawr xD @Master Rock @ZeeDee @Scar
@Ink

5-2
Old 10-25-2023, 04:02 PM   #12
Frank

Champed
- NWL Season 2
- AOWL Season 6
- AOWL Season 10

Default XI

@Diablo
WINS!