Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > AOWL Season 6 Archive

User Tag List

Old 06-07-2016, 11:20 PM   #1
asylum

Battle Record: 7-5

asylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant future
Default Week 14: Magazine

Season 6 Magazine 15 Edition

Mostly People Not Named Asylum

Introduction
Well, this is it folks. We’ve decided to put this on the fast track, the time is right. We’re ready for the playoffs, I can feel it in my bones. It’s go time bitches. Lets fuck up the history books, show them what we’re made of. Lets get down to brass tacks, as always..

16 LINE MINIMUM IN EFFECT

*failure to reach quota will result in automatic loss

Writers Block

Interview with Adonis & VV

Sup brother man? I feel like we've been here before. You haven't competed in a handful of weeks, let's start with writers block or rust. Do you experience either of these when you take a short break from writing or is it more like riding a bicycle with you?

Wassup bro. I'm happy I get a third shot at interviews lol. Taking a break from heavy writing reinvigorates my thought process and my ability to focus when writing. When I do numerous consecutive weeks, my interest level sort of tapers, and I tend to lose direction in rhyming and plot development. When I come off of breaks, my interest level is high but my execution depends on my confidence in the material. Half the time I'm torn between three plots with varying levels of comfort in the material. So if you see a lackluster verse that doesn't seem to flow, it is usually because I was undecided on a solid, drawn out direction. Writing in general for me is my energy channeled through the subject matter. It changes from topic to topic. How is writers block for you? And do you tend to have long periods of complacency?

Writers block for me is extremely rare, it's very easy for me to get going and formulating direction and plot and rhymes and all that. It's more of a motivation thing for me. I lose interest every now and again and simply won't write until an hour before deadline, oddly enough, those have been some of my better verses,when I don't really try. This doesn't last to answer the question,one,maybe two weeks max before I get some sense of fire back.

Let's look at voting. Obviously personal preference is the biggest factor for us all, but beyond that, what is the biggest factor for you while voting. Is it rhymes, mechanics and lack of error, original concept, flow? I know it's all of these, but, I guess what I'm asking is what is the most important to you when voting. Also, do you truly take the criticism from others and incorporate their advice on weekly basis?

Very interesting. If i choose to write late, I'll most likely not get a good piece out in time. Although, I have had a few last minute pieces that were dope.

As far as voting with me, if you're not strong in any other area, the content of the piece itself can win me. You can have a guy with nice mechanics and flow, but if he goes against a really well written piece with basic fundamental structure, he can still lose. Half my wins were like that.

When it comes to taking advice, I noticed that at most times I hit the glass ceiling. There is only so much I know how to accomplish in a verse, so it will take me learning new methods to apply everything. Hopefully hanging around a little longer and reading more will make me better.

I know you've been here pretty much as long as AOWL was in existence. What season saw your best overall performance? And why?

Hmmmm. I'm not too sure about my best. The first 5 battles I had here I won something like 30-1 on votes or something crazy, but I quickly hit my floor. In all honesty though it's probably this season. I care a lot,and put a lot of weight on concept originality. Some times this gets me in major trouble however. For example, me and Mr. J had a topic, drive, or something along the lines. Writing a verse about driving would be logical, which is what he did, but I had to think of something off the wall and eventually shot myself in the foot. This season I have been extremely creative in terms of concept, so this has been my favorite season and I feel my best as well. Ironically it is also statistically my worst, meh...

In closing, give these kids an idea of how to write a conversational piece, I mean with actual talking that rhymes. You do this best, give us a glimpse of why.

Conversational pieces only work if you pay attention to how people talk IRL. You have to have it sound natural and sensible when rhyming your sentences. Staggering your quotes does wonders for rhyme placement that doesn't come off quite as forced. That’s all besides practicing J

That's all I got time for brother, it was chill talking for a bit. I wish you luck in the battles to come, unless you face me, in which case, eat a fat dick.

Thanks bro. This was a fun interview. See you on the battlefield, bitch.

SEASON SIX WEEK ONE BATTLE REVIEWS~

***Coming at you tomorrow!

~Week 13 Predictions~ by Artifice

Alright folks, it's the final week of the regular season. Let's dive into the matches and see how the end of the season is shaping up.

Timeless vs. UnbornBuddha

timeless seems like he's been either really busy or unmotivated the last couple weeks (quite possibly both) cuz the verses he's dropped have been shorter and a little less polished than his usual work. Unborn just signed back in but his verse last week was pretty solid imo. Given that the playoffs are just around the corner I see both of these guys gearing up and using this week as kindling. I'm gonna edge this one to him, but if timeless finds his mojo here, it could easily be an upset.

Mr. J vs. 2tripple0

I'm looking forward to this one. J and 2trip been talking smack in the chat threads for a little while now, and while topicals aren't battles in the usual sense, I expect both to bring something. 2trip might just write a battle verse (as he's done before) thus handling an easy W to J, but then again stranger things have happened. Still, I suspect J is gonna want to prove a point this week and drop a solid piece of writing.

Echo vs. Frank

I'm really hoping these guys show. Echo (aka Orc) is one of netcees top writers. While he's mostly known as a battle guy, he's proven this season (and in the Open Mic) that his topical alter-ego is just as capable as his punchline persona. Frank, who has had many an alias over the years himself, is a veteran in this text game as well. He's known for his naturaly story telling and weaving a complex rhyme that he carries endlessly. If he shows, he'll definitely put the pressure on Echo. I'm not too confident that he will (I'm also unsure if Echo will show) so I'm gonna leave this one as a toss-up.

Asylum vs. VividlyVague

Asylum's dropped some heat this season (more than his record reflects) and his verse last week was no exception. Vague's been out of the league for a minute so he may be a little out of rhythym, but he's also a former league champion so he can probably get the rhythym back rather quickly. I think he's gearing up for the playoffs, so I'm gonna give a slight edge to Asylum on this one, but either way it's gonna be close. In fact, I predict this to be the battle of the week (so don't let me down fellas).

Artifice vs. Adonis

Normally I don't like to write predictions for battles I'm in, but fuck it. Adonis been on a steady climb to the championship match, and he's here, just as the clock strikes twelve. We're gonna make it one for the ages. In all seriousness, I think this will come down to whoever gets motivated more. I've been lacking motivation the last few weeks, so I gotta get some inspiration fast. Whoever gets that spark the brightest takes this one imo. Good luck to both of us. Let's close out the season strong.

Final Word
Alright guys, let's have a killer ending to the regular season, and set the writing standard that the playoffs will only grow from.

Notes***
I’ll edit in battle reviews later because I have had zero available hours of time.
Writing my verse now, reviews coming at you later!

Last edited by asylum; 06-07-2016 at 11:31 PM.
Old 06-08-2016, 10:02 AM   #2
Artifice

Battle Record: 17-9

Champed
- Art Of Writing League
- GWL Picture Challenge

Artifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant future

good read, enjoyed the interview fellas.
Old 06-08-2016, 07:21 PM   #3
timeless
past tense

Battle Record: 22-39

timeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant future

@Adonis I passed out hard as fuck, figured I'd have leeway just like everyone else does after deadline.vi wake up at 445am every morning, was going to post then. But now I get another loss cuz unbornchristianfucker has his own rules? Nahhh I'm good man. When do I ever no-show? Appreciate it but nah.
Old 06-08-2016, 08:09 PM   #4
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Battle Record: 36-34

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Adonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by timeless View Post
@Adonis I passed out hard as fuck, figured I'd have leeway just like everyone else does after deadline.vi wake up at 445am every morning, was going to post then. But now I get another loss cuz unbornchristianfucker has his own rules? Nahhh I'm good man. When do I ever no-show? Appreciate it but nah.

understood, its cool

to be clear though, the only rule that has been enforced always and constantly is this

if a competitor denies extension or flags a opponent for any infraction, the rule will be enforced. but understood, it's done and done, I just disagree.

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 06-08-2016, 10:48 PM   #5
asylum

asylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by timeless View Post
Your opponent is not okay with extension extensions. Sorry, that's up to your opponents discretion. Not my call. I have done the same thing myself and understand your concern. It's not like anyone else showed anyways.

You aren't being discriminated against you glorious asshole.
Old 06-08-2016, 10:50 PM   #6
asylum

No he does not have his own rules he just doesn't stretch em. Neither does Frank ( when it's not in his favor) or Just Write. The same would have happened had you been against either of them.
Old 06-08-2016, 11:48 PM   #7
UnbornBuddha

Battle Record: 23-10

Champed
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 5

UnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant future

Timeless for your information I never even said to close the battle, but Asylum knowing me decided to go about it. But yes I would not be okay with such an extension. You speak like a child, foolishly, and going about making too many assumptions. Especially making religious allegations. Its humorous, without me actually saying or doing anything, you became hostile against me. Such irrationality signifies that you are clearly an imbalanced man.
Besides you do know that yesterday was an extension? The verse was really due Monday not Tuesday. So you are asking an extension upon an extension, what next a whole week?
Old 06-10-2016, 03:55 PM   #8
Mike Wrecka
WOW

Battle Record: 29-25

Champed
- Writing Challenge League I

Mike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant future

lol @Adonis thinking I care enough to hate him

Was trying to help out the league with a vote on the champ match. U lost bro. What u want me to do?