Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > Netcees Battle League Season VIII

User Tag List

Old 08-29-2015, 10:06 AM   #1
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Battle Record: 56-21

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Sharp has disabled reputation
Default Semis Mag

[Introduction]

Wassup guys. Sharp writing what will likely be the last NBL mag I do for a good long while. Potentially to be joined by AK and Knuck so we'll see how that works out. These final four - Chyeahhh, Junto, Sn00p and nik-A each deserve a crazy shoutout for what they've done and what they can and will do. Props to all of you who are reading this too, odds are you've contributed in some way that helped make this season what it was. Anyway, hit play on that album there, strap in, and read some shit written about forum rap battles.

[Reviews]

Round 1

2. Sn00p vs 15. Odd Ways
Sn00p wins by KO
Solid showing from both. Both dudes had some shit that hit hard and shit that fell flat. It was pretty even and without any knockout punches, which isn't bad but has me wondering what these guys could've pulled off with some better concepts. Odd gets a pass for using an SNL line even though they're done to death cause Sn00p used a league flip. Odd's undoing IMO was that he didn't really have anything too personal outside of a one-letter nameplay. Sn00p two better nameflips including his fairly odd parents bar on top of 2 more bars related to Odd specifically. A good bar's a good bar for sure, but Sn00p had marginally better execution on just harder concepts and he got the dub to show for it.

3. Tic vs 14. Unfukwitable
Unfukwitable wins by Split Decision
Nice enough showing from both, but I felt like Tic was a bit off. He had concepts for sure but the way they were worded took away from them at times. His Hinges line comes to mind as far as that. Unfuk alright, personal stuff put him past Tic even though he used some played shit like an Aero/Arrow nameplay. He had a few generics no one had seen before too, as to be expected from him, and for the most part they hit. Tic showed what he was capable of with his Knuckle line – played wordplay that used the current event really well and was worded really nicely. It looked like he didn't have as much time as he normally would but still the dude had a solid drop. I think a little more rewording would've made this closer or even a Tic victory, but Unfuk advances with the edge.

4. Junto vs 13. Cred
Junto wins by Split Decision
Decent battle here. Interesting split of advantages cause to me, Cred had slighlty more effective delivery but Junto was way more creative. Cred's verse kinda showed the issue with using generics. If they've been done before they're not gonna work whereas Junto stayed personal – even if a flip was played it felt relevant. Cred's Strikta and Goldeneye lines were nice, but Junto had consistency here too which really put him over. The Uber and Shank lines were nice while the Jim Beam bar was also solid. I thought Junto had the advantage between better concepts, better misses, and consistency so it makes sense he advances in a fresh battle.

5. Orc vs 12. Bust
Orc wins by KO
Alright albeit one-sided battle. Bust has this tendency to underthink concepts and it kinda showed up here. His plaintiff and even FYI lines were alright, but the rest was just not great conceptually. Like an L/loss flip. Even if you can't recall seeing it, sometimes your best bet is to just feel it out. If it seems really basic and generic, it's probably played. Even when you're against someone who's been around for awhile some kinda personal angle usually helps and it showed with his plaintiff line. Orc wasn't too hard here tbh, I think he gauged his competition and wrote accordingly. His heavy rotation line was cutely corny but worded well and Trap Queen was solid. All told Orc took it, I think if Bust had put a little more time into his verse (of course real life comes first) it could've been closer.

6. murda sho vs 11. ill nik-A
ill nik-A wins by Split Decision
Jesus. Easily the closest battle of the round and the most controversial. Sho was adamant about the voting here but to keep it a buck I really understand why this could've gone any way... that said considering someone didn't get his musket line I can't really blame dude for being mad. Like I been saying, this could've been a finals matchup but it worked out to round one and damn they made a show of it. Sho's slot machine bar was pretty much exactly what you'd expect of the dude down to how dope it was and nik's water gun line was just as slick. It really looked like it came down to honest preference – I hated being a deciding vote here cause it went back and forth for me so much. I really wouldn't try to give any kinda feedback or explanation beyond that cause both brought verses that were all around what I'd wanna see from any battler and just enough cats thought nik won to get it through. Dope stuff regardless though.

7. Destroyer vs 10. iSpaz
iSpaz wins by KO
Damn, I think Des kinda phoned this one in. He had flow but I think he can just underdo a concept some times which gets you the definitive ending and arthritis lines. The flip side is his Sinatra and maybe the Goodfellas lines, creative and decently executive. Spaz didn't really have any bangers but outdid Des in overall execution. He had some basic/played stuff like his metal and QB lines, but still fairly creative. Never saw anything like the wrinkles or nurse cap lines, but they didn't have the delivery to really standout like they could've. Still cool battle that I think Des coulda won with one more line that really hit, cause his creativity showed more than his execution here IMO.

8. fraze vs 9. Lotto Smirk
fraze wins by Split Decision
Close ass battle here. This is round 3 for these guys and while it's gone 3-0 to fraze they're a cool duo to watch spar. IMO this was the best battle of the 3 because they both brought it. Been saying this, but it showed here. Fraze is clever and damn does it show. His verse had some really nice ideas with cool execution. Punchline styling is never predictable or generic and I really appreciate that about his verses. Lotto also brought it here, he had some dope concepts with solid execution, and definitely brought his creativity for this one. Bullet Farm was dope in that it was simple and effective, while Fraze had some creative takes on Lotto's name. I've seen Lotto battling for awhile but I've never seen anything like that Smirk on everybody's face line. It was a killer showing from both but it looked like Lotto had iffy execution on a few bars that held him back a hair. Fraze got it in a close one, but damn this was a nice showing from both, props guys.

Round 2

16. Chyeahhh!!! vs 8. fraze
Chyeahhh!!! wins by Split Decision
Holy shit this was close. Genuinely tough to pick a winner here, I thought about voting for either one and ended up voting in the minority. Both cats could've got it but I really thought fraze edged it. Truthfully, half the shit that dude does just goes straight over some voters heads so props to him for getting to this point with that going against him. Compared to other drops from fraze this wasn't as consistent but still had heavier hits. Chyeahhh's drop was actually surprising to me, it looked thoughtful enough to have been mulled over at any point which is entirely against the homie's MO. If so, props, and if not, props, because that was a nice drop. I think this one came down to voter preference which to be perfectly frank with, fraze has had some rough calls with - compare how many quoted Chyeahhh's toilet water bar to fraze's tungsten rod bar (full disclosure: I quoted both). Regardless, good showing by both and a dope battle.

4. Junto vs 5. Orc
Junto wins by KO
Interesting battle haha. Dope shit from both with a few bars that made me go '...wait what?'. Props to both for their verses, they both came to win but man Junto had motivation down here. Let's get the bad out of the way... pool from both ends like retractable cords... spill the beans like barista with parkinsons... wtf lol. BUT everything else was nice and props. In Jun's verse, sex symbol was lolz and the rest was solid, in Orc's drop Injun was sliiiick but as a whole he was a little less consistent than Jun. It's a tough call but I think Junto edged it as well. His verse was a hair stronger as a whole and that's more than enough for me.

2. Sn00p vs 10. iSpaz
Sn00p wins by KO
Cool shit, but I think Spaz is still working on his concept selection and it showed here up against a Veteran like Sn00p. He had some cool ideas and nice deliveries, but as a whole there wasn't any one bar that I thought was strong on its own except for his mannequin concept. Sn00p had the benefit of being more personal and being more consistent I thought his closer was gritty and cold as shit and the rest of the verse was a solid enough hit. Spaz did alright but up against the #2 seed he needed a lot more to compete and unfortunately didnt have it. That said, his growth over the season was great to watch and makes me think he'll be a threat next season, easily.

14. Unfukwitable vs 11. ill nik-A
ill nik-A wins by KO
Cool and close. Un recently got a dub over Nik during the regular season and there was no way Nik was going to just let him get a second. Both cats brought it, and tbh I think Un was stronger the first time he battled ill nik-A, Nik's verse was on point. Dope showings from both thought, Unfuk's opener was a 'nik' flip I haven't seen which is rare to say the least, while Nik's whole verse hit but his discussion bar was pretty dope, even for a common enough wp. Voters were pretty unified in their decision and Nik took it in a dope one. Though I gotta say the dude Unfuk has grown a TON in the last two seasons and deserves props for hanging with a vet like that not once, but twice in the same season.

[No-Show Shine]
Chyeahhh!!! vs King Karaoke

Chyeahhh vs King Kar! to write for you i had to think hard
Not cuz youre dope, but how do i keep from mentioning that pic of yours every 3 bars
Im bar brolic, plus i be in the discussion forum kickin hard knowledge
Throwing out dates, just like Karaoke's mom after were done bar hopping
Me losing? Cant even fathom it, but he cheats when he's battlin
I mean how hard is it to woo these bitches when u look like Anthony Hamilton
and yah bitch! been giving me dome alot lately
She deflates my balls then erased my my calls and I saved that broad in my phone as Tom Brady
I'm OT in the midwest, but Im so Queens i can have u bleedin on yah corner
I Leftracks for Kings in Farmers to put bullets in you,and have yah peeps pouring out liters and Coronas
Im 3 little pigs, double dutch, arms crossed..lol... yall dont even know whats next
Thats wolves outside yah house with two blunts that'll leave you with an open chest
Type of niggas to kill you and take a selfie, niggas got no sense
Swhy im out that bitch
While you Stack'n like a lobbyist till you too fall victim to the politics
And i aint seen you in an FN, this scared dike been playin it safe for a while
When i figured you'd be nice off the head since yah hairlines in the shape of a smile

[Top Playoff Punches]
-In No Particular Order-

Unfukwitable vs ill nik-A
He wants to know why we're called Suicide, til I rip this nigga to shreds;
the Irony, after one Barnacle wish that he was Sleeping with the Fishes instead.

Orc vs Junto
I'll grab a knife & stab it right between his heart n' his neck
^ Trusttt if it's Injun then it's Over... we call that the Alvin Karpis effect

Lotto Smirk vs fraze
u firing blanks, I'm a commando wi real ammo, u'll find out once ya shot
u on the bullet farm? Then it makes sense when Im filling you with live stock

Ill nik-A vs Unfukwitable
you don’t know how to word ya punches so to try’s unfair
my wordplay’s the best or in the discussion… u askin how to do it right in there

Sn00p vs iSpaz
2nd seed vs 10th?! but who knows? if ur disses are tough...
this cud end w/ a turn around. maybe just sticking my knife in isn't enough

ill nik-A vs murda sho
I’m supposed to fear this nonsense with ur lame ass kid stuff?
ya whole style’s water down… gunplay comes in a see-thru bag that reads ages 6+

murda sho vs ill nik-A
Im like a determined gambler at them slots when I dump at his clique
Cause ima just keep pulling that metal until something gets hit!

Tic vs Unfukwitable
Ya Punches are weak & lite. “Up & coming?” Don’t believe the hype…
Listen. Your Knuckle crack & bleed - Mine the type to make Karaoke leave the sight

Junto vs Orc
If u wanna keep thinkin that ur a stud fine, to me you're a punchline
I do see you as a sex symbol... but it's the pink one that's pointin down wit a + sign

Cred vs Junto
these bullets won't miss ya. drum clip kill the whole fam includin ya lil sister
cus this 30'll take that young bitch out quick.. my chopper nickname is Strikta

fraze vs Lotto Smirk
i’ll get medieval on your ass. berserk with a mace.
crowds love gore... so i plan to leave a little smirk on everybody’s face...

Sn00p vs Odd Ways
& ur whole fam can get it, but i won't bring a burner
swing the bat & have OddParents flying thru the air like i'm timmy turner

Junto vs Cred
Like that Sinatra dude's the worrrssst, but you? random same use of words
Fuck the comparisons. I'm just here to give u this Shank treatment that u deserve

Chyeahhh!!! vs fraze
a black guy, a white guy and a jew?... I'm snickering yo
cause yah crew just walked right into that bar and I didn't even get to the joke

[NBL Playoffs Exit Interviews]

Round 1

Green = Lotto Smirk
Blue = Bash aka Odd Ways
Orange = Bust
Red =murda sho

What did you think of your opponent, battle, and how it turned out? (Yes, I'm really asking you that. Go to town).

Lotto: Fraze is dope I think it was a lot closer than the votes told it this time tho, gained a vote from Orc so gotta be an improvement from first time I battled him, got you next time tho fraze haha

Bash: -Snoops a veteran. Turned out how it should, he deserved the win. It was closer than most votes had it in my opinion but yeah he took it.

Bust: He one of the greats n man I respect his craft.. I just beat myself in the head for not takin some time to execute.. He one no question, next time I just gotta be more prepared to use my head, feel me? Good shit Orc

murda sho: I had the hardest opponent of the first round basically.. and we put on a fuckin show, that battle could have been the finals but y'all got it early so you're welcome. I got respect for Nik and we've battled plenty of times I guess it's 2-2 now so the tie breaker whenever it happens is gonna be vicious. I clearly lost cause your bitch ass is interviewing me but the way I lost was some bullshit. Y'all niggas quoted a line from Nik that didn't even rhyme but had the nerve to say that my '4 Nik Ate' wordplay was a reach to sound like Fornicate... i don't understand y'all niggas sometimes I swear. But the biggest thing is Amen dumb ass not knowing what a musket was and thinking it was a cologne... a cologne!?... whynafuck would I be talking about cologne in that bar, the bar had absolutely nothing to do with cologne, a scent, perfume... like anything wtf. Listen if u niggas don't understand a bar google the shit b... if you don't wanna google it then don't vote. But even so.. nigga our country was fought for using muskets... it's the first gun! How are you living in america and don't know what a damn musket is, how could u have graduated from high school and not know what a damn musket is. I should body you again for your stupidity and ignorance but instead just don't vote on my shit if you gonna be lazy. It's not rocket science. Anyway Nik dropped a dope ass toy gun line that sealed the deal for him, you got this one nigga now we even. Any further beef between me and Nik will be handled behind the scenes cause he approached me like a real nigga in my pms so we gonna either talk it out or cuss each other out there.

Do you think we'll see any upsets in the next round? Who do you think can/will do it?

Lotto: The one upset could be chyeahh I think dude is underrated as hell can be dope as fuck when he's on point and sometimes fraze I think can overthink a concept and it comes off awkward can see this being a dope battle as fraze is dope when he's on point which he has most the season!

Bash: -Fraze is a sleeper. Dudes pretty decent. I could see Unfuk goin to the finals. Nigga is mad creative.

Bust: Wow, right now in the final 8 the only real upset I see is possibly junto or unfuk, they got they're hands full but if the execute to perfection with well balanced verses n fresh shit, they'll give they're opponents a run for the they're money.. shit man all the underdogs can pull it off imo..

murda sho: Yes... Im betting on my nigga Unfukwitable to take Nik out, he been dropping heat lately and i'm hoping he steps it up even more to take Nik down cause I think that he's capable of it. SQUAD! Old man going down in flames

What upcoming battle do you think will be complete flames?

Lotto: Orc vs junto, looking forward to this Orc not been battling a lot but has just started again and looks like he's starting to get back into the swing of things, juntos been dropping fresh stuff all season this gonna be a dope battle if both bring it!

Bash: -tie between Unfuk n Nika and Orc n Junto. I expect nothin but flames.

Bust: Orc/junto n unfuk/ nikka gon be dope as hell.. Mark my word.. They some very tented creative ass writers..

murda sho: Well the Unfuk vs Nik should be battle of the round if not ima say Orc vs Junto, Junto is inconsistent though he can either drop really dope shit or drop some bland ass fuckin concepts... Orc gets it poppin always so this is his battle to lose, Im hoping Junto drop really dope and Orc does also for a good read.

Who do you think, of the final 8, will win it all and why? Bonus points for picking the second place battler as well.

Lotto: Orc vs unfuk in the final and I got un taking it think the dude has come mad lengths and I'm just digging his style at the moment dudes on fire

Bash: - I could see Orc winning it all. If not, I put my money on the winner of Unfuk vs Nika

Bust: Nikka vs Orc in the finals n Orc edging it by 2 votes.. Or vise versa lol.. Tuff cats right there..

murda sho: The final 8 is.... decent I guess... I mean Karaoke no showed so that fucked the brackets up badly... it's really in the air for who gets this but looking at the brackets ima say Orc vs Unfukwitable in the Finals... and keeping it a buck ima say Orc wins in a close one, Unfuk if the crew and am and all but that don't mean I gotta be biased plus Orc is like my actual brother so I would love to see this battle. Orc got the favor cause he's a vet and a little better at wording than Unfuk but if Unfuk beats him i'll be very happy for my nigga... Make this happen y'all

Give us your final NBL season 8 sign off.

Lotto: Dope season glad to be part of it, props to the mods for being on point each week and props to all the fire this season n making it what it was.

Peace

Bash: -Can't wait for next season to start. Props to Ak, Sharp, n Hush for making these mags dope. And lastly thanks to the next generation and vets for keepin' text up n running

Bust: Good year man I tried different shit but wasn't doing me that good but still I enjoyed everybody's ish man so props to all of u headz for makin it hot.. Next season I'm beware tho.. Oh yeah props to ak sharp hush n everybody who ran this bitch with some amazing mags yall, it's much appreciated.. Out..

murda sho: This season had it's ups and down but as for me I contributed what I usually do which is starting off with no shows like always then hitting my stride late as fuck in the season... Karaoke you didn't battle me nigga so your lil streak don't mean shit to me this season or last cause we haven't got it in to test each others jaw. I showed y'all niggas how to gun bar correctly like always I'm the king of the shit and it's not gonna stop and it's gonna just keep getting more and more creative. Remaining competitors please drop your best stuff and voters STOP BEING FUCKING DUMBASSES... if you don't understand something seek the fuckin knowledge thats the problem with people as a whole nowadays in real life, don't settle for not knowing something expand your minds b even if its just for a damn text battle... smh... anyway... Sharp ima body you sometime soon for making that last deciding vote to get me out the playoffs so damn dramatic... till then if you need me for predictions or whatever to help with future mags i got you slime... Respect to Nik but understand I aint no hoe so I'm wit whatever u wanna do blood, and Suicide Squad still run shit... ZIP EM UP!

Round 2

Green = fraze
Blue = Unfukwitable
Red = Orc

What did you think of your opponent, battle, and how it turned out? (Yes, I'm really asking you that. Go to town).

fraze: The battle was straight. I think Chyeahhh dropped one of the more creative verses I've seen from him and he had some solid bars. It was a little sad to me that shit splashes bar got quoted by some people, but tastes differ I guess. Like everyone in the history of ever, I think I had superior verse, but there were some bars people didn't react to. I thought my onomatopoeia bar was creative, while most people had it as a verse tanking miss somehow. Also the tungsten rods line was dope to me considering Chyeaahh thinks we're dropping those on Iran. But all in all, I knew it would be a close battle, and you don't always get the votes you want so cest la vie. Props @Chyeaahh!!!.

Unfukwitable: Battle was dope, I respect the votes the better bars one here, I thought I had some flames but I kept it personal n shit, But u know not every battle is for the W's some u just need to take the feedback then comeback stronger me and Ill-Nika is 1-1 now tho tie breaker may be around the corner.

Orc: I like Junto. he's dope. his style counters mine very well i think. i struggled coming into the battle tbh to think of anything. it's hard to battle aliases. i end up just using generics and my verses are harder when they have personals. it's always been that way. do i think i won? nope. Junto's verse was better. better punches and more fluid. my set up's were ass. i tied to coast by on my wording (which you all copy btw) and lost. i don't spaz out when i lose like i used to. you reach a stage where you have to accept losses and not sign out like a bitch. you can't win every battle in every situation. so in short, my battle was fun and turned out the right way.

What upcoming battle do you think will be complete flames?

fraze: sn00p vs ill nik-A in the semi finals is guaranteed to be a classic. both of these dudes are dropping at a high level and i expect them both to be motivated to compete and get to the championship. i think sn00p has an edge here since he's been champing the NBL through the season and has been consistently dropping bars. nik has taken a couple recent losses that were unexpected, and while he is one of the most creative writers on the site, sometimes he can be hit or miss for me. but regardless this should be dope and either one has the skill to take the whole tourney. im looking forward to this as one of the best matchups in the whole tourney.

Unfuk: I think the Snoop vs. Nika shit gon be fireee I've seen both of them come with some crackkk so I hope they both bring that same heat here.

Orc: Sn00p vs Nik will be dope. one long time veteran vs a new to top tier guy. two monsters. two Outsiders

In the last two rounds, who's surprised you the most?

fraze: chyeaah honestly, i haven't seen many verses from him that were really good, but he got a legit win from me. also junto's verse vs. orc was legit nasty and if he can keep up that level i can see him taking this.

Unfuk: Tbh no one surprised me I felt everyone brought what Im use to them bringin wether they won or lost, No really stood out to me tho.

Orc: Chyeaaah has been dropping nice. his style is unorthodox but that's okay. that's the problem with NC at times it's too conformist. give the raw dudes a shot

Who do you think, of the final 4, will win it all and why? Bonus points for picking the second place battler as well.

fraze: i think snoop will edge nik in the semis, where he will face junto. not sure how that ones gonna go, but if i was betting i would put my money on junto. sn00p has been so consistent this season, but his recent verses dont have the same sting as his champ run. junto is heating up at the right time, and if he can maintain this level i think he'll be hard to beat.

Unfuk: I see it going Junto vs. Ill-Nika for the Finals and I got a feeling Jun gonna pull a shocker don't ask me why but thats the feeling I got for some reason, props to the final 4 tho.

Orc: i think Junto will win it all. he had the hardest battle in facing me and came out on top. he's gathering momentum and has a very NC friendly style. he has a nice guy persona so he doesn't garner hate votes or subconscious downgrading while voting like some of us.

Give us your final NBL season 8 sign off.

fraze: props to everyone who participated in the league this season. this was one of the best run and most talented text leagues ive participated in since i started doing this. i enjoyed the competition and seeing people still doing creative things with text in 2015 is pretty fucking cool. looking forward to the summer classic.

Unfuk: Props to eveyrone who was in this shit and brought flames and fuck everyone whos wack lol/ [$uicide$quad]

Orc: i'll be back

[PSA: Other Dope Leagues On NC]

Art of Writing League
The AOWL heads into its sixth week, and its second Championship Match of the season, which sees a clash between two League heavyweights: the classically-trained Razah, and storytelling wunderkind Godcomplex (formerly known as UnbornBuddha). This season sees an entirely new cast of storytelling talent, so be sure to catch the action when battles post!

Moving into it's fifth season I know you cats know the deal. This shit has been dope since it started and these guys carried site activity for long enough they debated making their own site when we went back to NC. Luckily that didn't happen and we have this joint community doing the damn thing week after week. For all the shit battlers vs topicalists gave each other a few years back it spawned some DOPE battles in different facets of writing and there's no reason to not have that trend continue. Battle cats have fared well in topical leagues historically, ranging from decent competition that got a few extra W's on the record to champs like ill nik-A. So keep your pen moving and challenge your creativity while NBL is in the offseason! Check out this week's Contender Match, Dancake vs Rakontur, RIGHT HERE.

LGPA: The Lime Green Poetry Association
Last time I plugged this in a mag it was in its first few weeks and since then, DAMN. It's become a formidable league with a wide variety of competition. Why should you, the reader, hop into the LGPA? Well, for starters there is absolutely nothing to lose - it doesn't effect site record at all. But you are in contention for the league title, which not only adds to bragging rights but is also a part of @sraL 's triple crown challenge. This is a little looser and low pressure than AoWL, so any of you cats looking to make the jump into topicals should absolutely check it out. You can read last week's champ match, Rakontur vs Innovator RIGHT HERE.

1-2 Punch League
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeah. You know why you fuckers will like this league? I'm running it. And without NBL, this will only grow under my watchful eye. Mags will start when champ matches start (and the first contender match starts next week) and there's about to be more and more added into the league, starting with the return of last season's ever popular 1-2 ONSLAUGHT. Conditions have changed since last time around, but the winner will have a spot in the first title match. You can sign up HERE. But in order to participate, you MUST be signed in to 1-2 for the upcoming week. The Onslaught will go up when this week of battles starts on MONDAY. All I can say is, if you liked what Me and Allen did with NBL, this is gonna be a more fun, low pressure situation with more lolz in mags, more gimmicks, and BROKE LESNAR stylings all over (hoping the dude comes back to add more of his personal touch)

Still Not Enough?
You hard to please bitch. If between all that, you really aren't feeling anything on this site, here's why you should stick around. We got major tourneys in the works, both in the traditional Fall Brawl vein and with the interest in topical battles, there's got to be something coming up. For you battle cats, we're bouncing around ideas for our next league, which actually might not just be straight up NBL. We've looked everything from NBL to a Gimmick League revival, to an idea I have that I'm calling the League of Champions for now - it entails a variety of champ battles on a weekly basis, consistently with more standard ones (like reg/pic battles) and additional rotating titles (including s&f, gimmick, and tag battles) with the ability to participate in multiple kinds of title hunts at once which means multiple battles per week.

[Looking Back: NBL Season 8.5 Timeline]

January 2015
GoW's incompetence or attempt to kill NC (You my dude Ron but I calls em like I sees em) results in a site that does nothing. Project Rhyme owner Diode charitably takes on the additional data and restores the lime, with an unmotivated, half-gone populace. NBL season 8 (which was midway through) resumes due to a behind the scenes deal with RB gone down the drain with 10 sign ins. 6 would noshow.

Week 1-3: The Rise of the Troll Accounts
Easily the greatest battle troll was the GAmen account, eventually confirmed to be Bags when he signed in to NBL as it. Supporting that was the enigmatic Nigerian texcee makajibbz, with no confirmed user associated with it (though much speculation had The Munster somehow involved). Behind the scenes, jilti and Muff rack up W's and set the stage for the first serious competitive battles.

Week 3-6: The First Champ Matches
Defending champ from the first go at season 8, Cashius resumed his role and maintained a title against jilti, then Sharp, with Allen Knight finally taking the title in a bit of a lazy match. At this point, the league had developed into a more serious league, helped partially by Split's desire to save text. This improvement lead to more sign-ins from cats such as fraze, murda sho, john hensley, Tic, Junto, Unfukwitable, Lotto Smirk, Destroyer, ill nik-A Neighbor, Karaoke, Cred, and Sn00p, who would go on to take the title from AK

Week 7-13: The Golden Age
Sn00p's champ run takes off here, with successful defenses against Tic, Muff, and the only 2 NS in champ matches. The title starts to mean something again as a variety of heads are now present and battling, culminating in Karaoke (who I would argue is the best battler of the NC 2 era, hands down) reclaiming the Champ spot, which he would go on to hold until signing out yet again.

Week 14-16: Rise of the New Guys
With playoffs looming, records comparison showed the less favored heads with better records than the veterans. This wave of new cats putting in work was capped off by Tic winning a vacant title against Destroyer, going Pics no less. This lead to the playoffs we have right now, and it really has been the up and comers who have defined this season - from week one thru 16, there was always someone who wasn't there last season leading by example and I wanna give a huge shoutout to fraze, jilti, Junto, and iSpaz for being the new talent that provide serious competition in their first season. Props to any veterans to come back to it and big ups to the total newbies who went with it, and everyone else who doesn't fit in those categories, your contributions didn't go unnoticed. I had to read every fucking battle this season and for the most part, they were worth the read. I really doubt I'll be running the next big league done here, so thanks to all you guys who made it worthwhile.

And HUUUUGE thanks to @Allen Knight for corunning. Seriously the most dependable guy on this site through the regular season and whether or not he's in this mag it wouldn't have happened without him.

[Looking Forward: Potential Champ Matches]

Rather than your traditional predictions, I wanna give each of our semifinalists a spotlight with their hypothetical champ representation along with a prediction of how it would go. Each possibility is laid out in no particular order.

11. ill nik-A vs 16. Chyeahhh!!!
What has to happen: This would take an upset from both matches, and while nik vs Sn00p has no favorite he is seeded lower. Chyeahhh hitting a champ match could very well make him the most notable dark horse in NC history but he's got his own style and has used it really effectively as of late.
What would happen: At a glance, the obvious answer is an ill nik-A KO. But let's be honest, if Chyeahhh beats Junto he could top anyone on NC. If Chyeahhh does pull that off then he's in rare enough a form that I hope it carries into the finals and it could become a split decision.
Likelihood of it happening: nik-A in a finals match is always a possibility. Chyeahhh in a finals match (especially with Jun da Goon in his path) isn't so likely.

2. Sn00p vs 4. Junto
What has to happen: Sn00p and Junto, the two highest seeded battlers left, would have to win. Jun's a favorite in his match but Sn00p's got his work cut out for him. Idk how busy the dude is but if he doesn't have enough time it could go badly for him.
What would happen: Dopeness. This would be the 3rd battle between the two, who have each taken a battle a piece. One hell of a tie breaker and I expect both would bring it.
Likelihood of it happening: Pretty likely statistically speaking, but Sn00p has to be on point to beat nik and I think nik-a's taken enough losses this season to not slouch. A strong possibility here though.

2. Sn00p vs 16. Chyeahhh!!!
What has to happen: Another Chyeahhh upset, mixed with Sn00p being on point.
What would happen: This is a style matchup that I really never thought of before. Chyeahhh's weakness comes from a bar being too simple, while Sn00p's crutch is usually over-complicating things. Again, this is super sayan Chyeahhh who beat Junto in this hypothetical battle, so if dude stays on point and Sn00p isn't with it or overdoes it, it really could be an upset.
Likelihood of it happening: Sn00p v nik is really anyone's battle. Chyeahhh's got his work cut out for him with Junto though, so I can't say this is a likely battle though it might be the most interesting possible finals.

4. Junto vs 11. ill nik-A
What has to happen: Junto wins in his heavily favored match and nik does his thing against his tight competition. This is what most people who have seen the bracket have been calling for.
What would happen: Junto being an alias will make it tough for nik to be at his most creative. He could pull a dub here, but a lot of Junto is shrouded in mystery and there's only so many 'you're an alias' bars that haven't been done. Junto has the opposite problem - nik's been known and around for awhile so a lot of personals don't cut it against him. Ammo-wise you still have to think Junto has the upper hand.
Likelihood of it happening: If the masses are to believed, it's happening. Personally I see Junto winning being the safe choice but I can't count out Sn00p. Last time I saw this matchup was about 2 years back and nik-A kinda slept on dude (understandable because this was in the early stage of his ascension) and Sn00p got him. With that in mind I know nik doesn't like to leave losses unavenged so effort probably won't slow him down here. The question is just who will outperform the competition.

Final Thoughts

Seriously, this is just about anyone's final. Chyeahhh is a complete dark horse and more than likely wouldn't have beat Karaoke in round one, but he's capitalized on his chance and I really can't count him out just yet. Jun's obviously favored, but regardless I'm looking forward to their battle. Sn00p vs Nik-A's the more high profile match to watch and that is really anyone's battle. If I can leave you guys with anything, it's props to our final four, and everyone else, sit back, enjoy, and vote.
Sharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 10:11 AM   #2
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

@Chyeahhh!!! @Junto @Sn00p @ill nik-A @fraze @Destroyer @iSpaz @Unfukwitable @Lotto Smirk @Orc @Bash @Bust @Tic @King Karaoke @Cred @murda sho @sraL @Muff
Old 08-29-2015, 10:19 AM   #3
ill nik-A
Super Senior Member

Battle Record: 70-25

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- Battle Arena
- BA Picture
- Picture Battle Tournament
- Netcees Battle League (3x)
- Netcees Writers League (2x)
- Summer Classic VI
- Fall Brawl III
- Netcees Battle League Season X
- Lyric Olympics

ill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant future

Good stuff
Old 08-29-2015, 10:25 AM   #4
Chyeahhh!!!
Saul Paul

Battle Record: 16-26

Chyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant future

legit tough

I know the ledge, his sister's a jumpoff
Chyeahhh!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 10:49 AM   #5
Bash
Barrin' Out

Battle Record: 16-15

Champed
- Fight Night 5

Bash has a brilliant futureBash has a brilliant futureBash has a brilliant futureBash has a brilliant futureBash has a brilliant futureBash has a brilliant futureBash has a brilliant futureBash has a brilliant futureBash has a brilliant futureBash has a brilliant futureBash has a brilliant future

Bonkers
Old 08-29-2015, 11:05 AM   #6
Junto
The Founder

Battle Record: 30-11

Accomplishments
- Shadow Pic Roast

Champed
- Key Grand Prix 3
- NBL Season 8

Junto has a brilliant futureJunto has a brilliant futureJunto has a brilliant futureJunto has a brilliant futureJunto has a brilliant futureJunto has a brilliant futureJunto has a brilliant futureJunto has a brilliant futureJunto has a brilliant futureJunto has a brilliant futureJunto has a brilliant future

My man.... this is FIRE. Lama smiles upon you today.

& @Orc you a real G I appreciate that shit brotha, Nothin but respect over here
Junto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 11:21 AM   #7
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

Read it an wished I battled this seas9n. Good mag.
Not saying being drunk doesn’t mess up you reasoning. I’m turning 20 soon so I haven’t had a drink ever.
Ghost1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 11:55 AM   #8
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Appreciate it guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bags View Post
Read it an wished I battled this seas9n. Good mag.
if nothing else, and I seriously mean it, Amen's cock sucking verses were exactly what NBL needed at that time. Somehow
Old 08-29-2015, 01:08 PM   #9
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

The lime is a strange place. Lol.
Not saying being drunk doesn’t mess up you reasoning. I’m turning 20 soon so I haven’t had a drink ever.
Ghost1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 01:25 PM   #10
fraze

Battle Record: 14-24

fraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant future

Dope mag @Sharp. Props to you AK, Hush, and everyone else who modded the NBL this season.
fraze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 02:14 PM   #11
Orc
Certified Mother’s Boy

Battle Record: 5-1

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- NBL Season 4
- GBL Season 1
- Lyric Olympics
- Fight Night LXVI
- Fight Night LX
- Fight Night (3x)
- NBL Picture Roast
- Netcees Battle League (8x)
- NBL Picture League
- Gimmick Battle League
- BA Tag Team
- 1-2 Punch League
- NBL Cypher (3x)
- Battle Arena League
- OM HOF (2x)

Orc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond repute

Incredible. Every time I think I'm done battling stuff like this makes me want to compete.

No prob @Junto. You better win now after beating me haha
Orc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 07:51 PM   #12
Useless
100%

Battle Record: 9-12

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League

Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless

Cool mag
Useless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 09:02 PM   #13
Amen.
Banned

Battle Record: 16-9

Amen. has a brilliant futureAmen. has a brilliant futureAmen. has a brilliant futureAmen. has a brilliant futureAmen. has a brilliant futureAmen. has a brilliant futureAmen. has a brilliant futureAmen. has a brilliant futureAmen. has a brilliant futureAmen. has a brilliant futureAmen. has a brilliant future

All mags should be like this

this one was ILL

props
Amen. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 09:26 PM   #14
Unfukwitable
baz∞ka

Battle Record: 38-35

Champed
- Fight Night 7
- Battle Arena Tournament
- 1-2 Punch League

Unfukwitable has a brilliant futureUnfukwitable has a brilliant futureUnfukwitable has a brilliant futureUnfukwitable has a brilliant futureUnfukwitable has a brilliant futureUnfukwitable has a brilliant futureUnfukwitable has a brilliant futureUnfukwitable has a brilliant futureUnfukwitable has a brilliant futureUnfukwitable has a brilliant futureUnfukwitable has a brilliant future

this was a dope read, 100.
Old 08-29-2015, 10:09 PM   #15
Cred
The Biggest

Battle Record: 67-32

Accomplishments
- Gun Bar King

Champed
- Fight Night 3
- Fight Night 10
- Fight Night 12
- Battle Arena League

Cred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond repute

Dopeee shit, read this earlier. Reppp
Cred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 08:11 AM   #16
Sn00p
General German

Battle Record: 26-12

Champed
- Netcees Battle League (2x)
- Line4Line Cypher Tourney
- Back2Basics
- Fight Night XLVI

Sn00p has a brilliant futureSn00p has a brilliant futureSn00p has a brilliant futureSn00p has a brilliant futureSn00p has a brilliant futureSn00p has a brilliant futureSn00p has a brilliant futureSn00p has a brilliant futureSn00p has a brilliant futureSn00p has a brilliant futureSn00p has a brilliant future

rly fresh mag. props
Sn00p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 04:38 PM   #17
Clutbuck
Battle Rap's Married Man

Battle Record: 2-0

Champed
- Gorilla Writing league

Clutbuck has a brilliant futureClutbuck has a brilliant futureClutbuck has a brilliant futureClutbuck has a brilliant futureClutbuck has a brilliant futureClutbuck has a brilliant futureClutbuck has a brilliant futureClutbuck has a brilliant futureClutbuck has a brilliant futureClutbuck has a brilliant futureClutbuck has a brilliant future

dope mag and appreciate the AOWL / LGPA mentions!
Clutbuck is offline   Reply With Quote