User Tag List

Old 10-28-2014, 10:54 PM   #21
YDK
ghost in the matrix

Battle Record: 14-25

Champed
- Art of Writing League (x2)
- Lime Green Poetry Association

YDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
i have the ati radeon 3450 bros

pretty much any video card is an upgrade

but word i shouldve never started this thread. diode if you can help i know you know your shit i'll throw you something to build me one (virtually, links and help me with setting it up, not building and sending) i'll throw you 100 if that seems appropriate?

this shit is like rocket science to me. or mechanic type shit.

your basically trying to get me to build a corvette with a hammer and nails (was gonna say ferarri but 1k is more corvette i think lol) when i struggle with understanding checking my transmission

basically i know my car has a gas tank, a transmission, and spark plugs. but i don't know whats good. GIVE ME A 10000 GALLON GAS TANK. SOUNDS GOOD. meanwhile it means nothing to how my car runs

too high too tired. i really am leaving now

let the DISCUSSION UNFOLD
Lmao this slayed me
Old 10-28-2014, 11:10 PM   #22
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

@uh-oh: Check this subreddit out: http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc Everything you need to know is on the right.

Also, you should be able to build a decent pc for 1k.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8ozGcGJ6o
Objective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 11:30 PM   #23
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

yea I just tried reading what diode linked and Its too much

motherboards and socket types and hds and ssds and fans and cards etc

im just gonna buy a shitty normal pc for 1000 and hope for the best. the main reason I havent tried updating my video card in my pc now is I have no idea what type of socket/connections I have and the only time ive ever bought ram to boost an older pc it was the wrong kind as well. I installed a soundcard once tho lol

I just see it going horribly wrong

ill link a few pcs I was looking at earlier tomorrow or something and have you guys let me know which is best

and video cards word I can just update it later if possible id rather just have a stupid fast pc for when I am making beats and I plan on doing alot of vids and shit too so I think thats all cpu intensive

I dunno fuck this lol
Old 10-28-2014, 11:36 PM   #24
YDK
ghost in the matrix

Champed

YDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant future

Uh-oh go yo best buy have em explain a bunch of shit an point out computers, take notes, then go home get online an find the shit they were talking bout for a quarter of the price cuz fuck best buy
Old 10-28-2014, 11:37 PM   #25
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Battle Record: 52-28

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute

my laptop has 8 and desktop 16 gigs of ram and both play skyrim smoothly heavily modded tbh

More for next gen games, I would go with 16 just cus it isn't that much more money and you're set for when games do need it

just buy the middle priced graphics card of your choice ATM, upgrade in 2 years when you need it and you're not spending a bunch of money on everything you need. it'll seem like a smaller purchase
~RustyGunZ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 06:51 AM   #26
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

i was looking at shit like this yesterday

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883220801
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883220405

the only difference i can see is the video card? the second one is 8gb ram compared to 16 but i think the video card is better?

but im thinking of just getting this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883227579

it only has 8 gb too, it says the memory is expandable to 16, i think it has 2 4 gb ram sticks? so to max it out i would have to buy 2 8 gb sticks and completely replace those?

hmm.

if the newegg links dont work for some reason (destro's didnt for me)

iBUYPOWER Phantom Series NE796D3 Desktop PC Intel Core i7 4790K (4.0GHz) 8GB DDR3 500GB HDD 120GB SSD Windows 8.1 64-Bit

Intel Core i7 4790K (4.0GHz)
8GB DDR3 500GB HDD 120GB SSD
Windows 8.1 64-Bit
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB

seem aight?
Old 10-29-2014, 08:10 AM   #27
YDK
ghost in the matrix

Champed

Quote:
i was looking at shit like this yesterday

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883220801
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883220405

the only difference i can see is the video card? the second one is 8gb ram compared to 16 but i think the video card is better?

but im thinking of just getting this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883227579

it only has 8 gb too, it says the memory is expandable to 16, i think it has 2 4 gb ram sticks? so to max it out i would have to buy 2 8 gb sticks and completely replace those?

hmm.

if the newegg links dont work for some reason (destro's didnt for me)

iBUYPOWER Phantom Series NE796D3 Desktop PC Intel Core i7 4790K (4.0GHz) 8GB DDR3 500GB HDD 120GB SSD Windows 8.1 64-Bit

Intel Core i7 4790K (4.0GHz)
8GB DDR3 500GB HDD 120GB SSD
Windows 8.1 64-Bit
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB

seem aight?

Me personally would get the phantom, the shit looks nice after plus with the ssd that's gonna speed it up a shit ton.
But that's just me
Old 10-29-2014, 11:41 AM   #28
Fart
You Next

Battle Record: 1-2

Fart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant future

yo that site i linked u, u just mix and match until it gets into ur price range. nothing they offer is bad for pc gaming. super nice machine for under 1k guaranteed
Old 10-29-2014, 12:47 PM   #29
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

word im gonna mess around with it after work. there is to much shit I need to know to customize stuff tho. like vid card wise. I d9nt know whats better than what and etc.

im probably just gonna get that phantom thing and see if I can upgrade the ram later on and maybe the video card? I dunno. im weird and a 4ghz i7 processor is the biggest one I seen in my price range and I dont know enough to know how important that is lol but it seems important.

I wish the god if kniwledge @Diode would drop some in here instead of nitpicking others trying to help without dropping any suggestions of his own lol

tell me exactly what to buy lol
Old 10-29-2014, 08:10 PM   #30
asylum

Battle Record: 7-5

asylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant future

that third build in diodes link isn't bad. i'd go with a 780 tho. also, evga is a great company to buy from because their return policies are decent, and their products last a long time.

with your budget you might want to buy a used one from a private party.
asylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 10:45 PM   #31
Fart
You Next

Fart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant futureFart has a brilliant future

Quote:
word im gonna mess around with it after work. there is to much shit I need to know to customize stuff tho. like vid card wise. I d9nt know whats better than what and etc.

im probably just gonna get that phantom thing and see if I can upgrade the ram later on and maybe the video card? I dunno. im weird and a 4ghz i7 processor is the biggest one I seen in my price range and I dont know enough to know how important that is lol but it seems important.

I wish the god if kniwledge @Diode would drop some in here instead of nitpicking others trying to help without dropping any suggestions of his own lol

tell me exactly what to buy lol
http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1GFMAL

$957 before shipping
that's a pretty good setup with a 128 gb SSD, that includes everything but a monitor
you can go back and pick a cheaper power supply and throw in a monitor instead, unless u have a monitor then maybe a slight upgrade on the graphics but its not gonna make a huge difference other than the price.
Old 10-30-2014, 06:45 AM   #32
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

word good looking out i was playing with that site last night and realized very quickly im not too concerned with graphics cards haha.

i know i opened this thread with gaming intentions, but its mainly just because im so far out of date as far as pc gaming goes

i looked into some of the weakest cards (i assume since they were the cheapest) and they are still like 8 times better than what i got.

for like 1100 i customized one with the 4ghz i7, 32gb ram, 256 mb sdd, 1 tb hdd and shit. pretty much the cheapest everything else lol, but the 600w power supply cuz it needed 550

but word im most likely gonna use that site

and im assuming since i can pick from like 40 graphics cards, i'm gonna just bookmark a good one, and i can upgrade that later

i really just want a power house overall, i figure it will help the shitty cards anyways?

either way tho me playing rome total war 2, im not too concerned with actual battles i'd be happy just autoresolve them and just play campaigns from the campaign map for awhile till i can upgrade to a card that can play battles at decent settings
Old 10-30-2014, 10:39 AM   #33
Fart
You Next

yea bro that site is nice and they give the full specs so u can go look up wtf that shit means lol and yeah basically anything on there from the 800-1000 range will play basically anything but the 'next gen' games on high or ultra at at LEAST 60fps

and total war 2 graphics arent that good at all lmao i play that game on this shitty laptop on high