Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 10-06-2013, 09:07 AM   #61
Frank Metts

Battle Record: 0-1

Frank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaeo Seru View Post
how many of you know that Randy Moss had scholarships to play D1 basketball? but he chose to play football right?... exactly no moving on

are you really trying to debate ]that peyton's arm is weaker than a HS QB's? really? OK lets take peyton out of the equation and insert any other NFL QB. you're losing the point based upon a slim detail.

Impossible to cover? so now you're saying he's the greatest receiver to never play in the NFL? Did you ever see Deon Sanders play basketball back in the day? he could jump with any NBA player. but go ahead, you can live in this fantasy world where lebron is the greatest two sport athlete in the world. even more so than BO Jackson right?

c'mon son get your head out of your ass, its not a hat.
Randy moss was a G at bball ... honestly most tall wide recievers in the league have basketball ties

And u right NO ONE is impossible to cover, jerry rice could catch a cold in a quarantined room .. he wasn't tje fastest but he is considered the best route runner in history and pairing him with a multitude of hof qbs proved smarts and skill far outweigh athletic ability as to where moss had all the ability in the world he wasn't to smart with it though

Lebron could be affective if he had the right mind set, worked hard and out on some more muscle but he's not stepping off a court and becoming an instant nfl success

Btw peytons arm is as strong as ever dude never threw it like Favre who was known for dislocating fingers but the zip and spiral are their

And only a few can ever rival bo, mr jackson wasn't just the best two sport athlete dude is prob thee best athlete ever were talking baseball basketball track tennis football and prob even hockey .. I got to see bo run the wall in bmore live playing for the royals I was their and in person this mans burst of speed and coverage area was something you may never see again in sports esp for a person his size .. one is neon deion the other is brian jordan
Frank Metts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:54 AM   #62
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

Quote:
how many of you know that Randy Moss had scholarships to play D1 basketball? but he chose to play football right?... exactly no moving on

are you really trying to debate ]that peyton's arm is weaker than a HS QB's? really? OK lets take peyton out of the equation and insert any other NFL QB. you're losing the point based upon a slim detail.

Impossible to cover? so now you're saying he's the greatest receiver to never play in the NFL? Did you ever see Deon Sanders play basketball back in the day? he could jump with any NBA player. but go ahead, you can live in this fantasy world where lebron is the greatest two sport athlete in the world. even more so than BO Jackson right?

c'mon son get your head out of your ass, its not a hat.
nigga randy moss would be an undersized shooting guard in basketball. he would have had to go to COLLEGE to play basketball, lebron DIDNT. he could go straight from study hall to MILLIONS.

i never said peytons arm is weaker than a hs qb's, but good job making up arguments for me that you can dispute.

i'm saying he would be impossible to cover on a fade route/jump balls

its impossible LOGISTICALLY. no one can get up as high as him

with his size and his vertical

and what you were saying about basketball players not allowed to touch offensive players, defensive backs aint allowed to touch receivers, just 5 yards, and if you really think some 5'11 200 pound corner is gonna be effective at jamming a 6 ft 8 260 pound grown man than you must not understand physics, once it gets past 5 yards he would draw flags like a magnet because you would HAVE to hold him.

i remember games against the wizards, and pistons when lebron was a cav, he was so powerful refs stopped calling fouls against him, you literally had to tackle him when he went to the hole, he was getting full on wacked in the head by dudes like ben wallace, all while displaying ball control and smashing on people, fighting for his own rebounds over dudes actually his size and coming down with it

i'd take him in a jump ball double covered against anyone in the league
uh-oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:33 AM   #63
Frank Metts

Frank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant futureFrank Metts has a brilliant future

But uhoh it is possible to cover him ... qbs generally have 5 seconds to throw and LeBron would be easy to check and play rough with in the five yard cushion plus dbs are trained to knock the ball loose or make hard contact after the ball touches the receivers hands

You saying his vertical skill but he still has to come down with that ball and hold onto it ... a pro athlete in football of fully capable of covering LeBron in any situation unless dude has andre johnson megatron hands that can catch and hold a football instantly and not have to bring it to the chest for support like most do
Old 10-06-2013, 10:48 AM   #64
Diode
PR's Finest

Battle Record: 12-7

Diode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond repute

If I can jam a 6'5 260lb dude then Lebron can be jammed by a 5'11 200lb dude. It is technique and raw strength. I have no idea where you are going with "but physics" there.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:53 AM   #65
Split

Battle Record: 27-22

Split has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode View Post
If I can jam a 6'5 260lb dude then Lebron can be jammed by a 5'11 200lb dude. It is technique and raw strength. I have no idea where you are going with "butt physics" there.
PAUSE
Old 10-06-2013, 10:57 AM   #66
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

yo a football is 11 inches long

one of lebrons hands is 9 and a half inches long from bottom of the palm to middlefinger

lob it up

he's coming down with it

the db's aint even gonna be able to get close to touching it, its impossible to put a good hit on a guy when you are trying to defend a jump ball

there best bet is to hope they can shove him out of bounds
Old 10-06-2013, 11:33 AM   #67
Diode
PR's Finest

Diode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
yo a football is 11 inches long

one of lebrons hands is 9 and a half inches long from bottom of the palm to middlefinger

lob it up

he's coming down with it

the db's aint even gonna be able to get close to touching it, its impossible to put a good hit on a guy when you are trying to defend a jump ball

there best bet is to hope they can shove him out of bounds
you fuck up his timing and there's no ball to get though
Old 10-06-2013, 11:33 AM   #68
Kaeo Seru
Keeper Of The Fresh

Kaeo Seru is an unknown quantity at this point

exactly @Frank Metts

I'm not saying lebron wouldn't be a good player in the NFL but him being an instant GOD is not possible in any way shape form or fashion. basketball skills DO NOT directly translate onto a football field. but they do help.

Kaeo Seru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:57 AM   #69
Kaeo Seru
Keeper Of The Fresh

Uh-oh is speaking strictly from a fan's perspective. He's never actually played football in any highly competitive aspect. My freshman year I made it to the varsity squad on a Nationally ranked High School with 3 football teams(Varsity, JV, and Freshman). DeMatha Catholic HS right now is ranked 30 in the nation. and at the time in 2000 i was 5'9" 155 lbs and I started at PR/KR and 2nd string at MLB and HB. the only reason i didnt start was cuz i was a freshman. but I was smashing dudes that outweighed me by 50 lbs. Lebron is big but he doesnt have football strength and he would need to work on technique. thats how i beat a lot of guys. Lebron's 1st 2 seasons would be garbage against veteran DB's and LB's. being big and athletic is only one part of being a receiver. i used to love hitting taller receiver's they cant get as low as me and so I'd explode my shoulder through their mid section (a proper form tackle btw) as they stretched up to catch a high pass. fuck going for the interception. if you attempted to catch a pass in the middle of the field I made you pay for it. as would in self respecting MLB. and if I could do that in HS i'm sure NFL players who are much bigger and stronger than I could do even more damage.

Old 10-06-2013, 12:02 PM   #70
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

Quote:
Uh-oh is speaking strictly from a fan's perspective. He's never actually played football in any highly competitive aspect. My freshman year I made it to the varsity squad on a Nationally ranked High School with 3 football teams(Varsity, JV, and Freshman). DeMatha Catholic HS right now is ranked 30 in the nation. and at the time in 2000 i was 5'9" 155 lbs and I started at PR/KR and 2nd string at MLB and HB. the only reason i didnt start was cuz i was a freshman. but I was smashing dudes that outweighed me by 50 lbs. Lebron is big but he doesnt have football strength and he would need to work on technique. thats how i beat a lot of guys. Lebron's 1st 2 seasons would be garbage against veteran DB's and LB's. being big and athletic is only one part of being a receiver. i used to love hitting taller receiver's they cant get as low as me and so I'd explode my shoulder through their mid section (a proper form tackle btw) as they stretched up to catch a high pass. fuck going for the interception. if you attempted to catch a pass in the middle of the field I made you pay for it. as would in self respecting MLB. and if I could do that in HS i'm sure NFL players who are much bigger and stronger than I could do even more damage.
cool story brah
Old 10-06-2013, 12:06 PM   #71
Diode
PR's Finest

according to uhoh danny woodhead and darren sproles shouldn't exist in the NFL because physics
Old 10-06-2013, 12:10 PM   #72
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

another great argument put forth by diode

you excell at this
Old 10-06-2013, 12:11 PM   #73
Kaeo Seru
Keeper Of The Fresh

Uh-oh from this day forth should be banned from all NFL discussions until further notice

Old 10-06-2013, 12:14 PM   #74
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Battle Record: 22-24

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Zen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant future

I gotta agree with uh oh. Obviously he wouldn't walk on and just dominate neither would he walk on and embarrass himself. All of the complaints against lebron would be eliminated because he'd go to training camp and go up against pros. His natural athletic ability coupled with his previous experience would work wonders after practicing with his team. My only concern would be how could he take the hits week after week.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:18 PM   #75
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

Kaeo Seru, you are wrong about one of your key points: Randy Moss did play Division I college basketball (at Marshall, along with football) and has told many people he preferred basketball. But he was a 6-4 swingman without a jump shot, so while he was good, he knew he couldn't play in the NBA.

Check out his shitty handles on the second clip of this highlight reel of Moss and Jason Williams playing together in high school, then at Marshall:

Antonio Gates and Tony Gonzalez, who both likely will join Moss in the Hall of Fame someday, also preferred basketball, but they were 6-4 and 6-5 power forwards.

Also, LeBron James played high school football through at least his sophomore year and was a dominant wide receiver. He can catch. He wouldn't be able to go from the NBA directly to the NFL, but had he decided then that football was his sport, there's no good reason to doubt he'd be in the NFL, possibly as an elite-level tight end. On top of being a freakish athlete, he's a smart player who works hard and has great court vision that logically could translate to field vision.
Old 10-06-2013, 12:20 PM   #76
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

Quote:
Uh-oh from this day forth should be banned from all NFL discussions until further notice
you post high school credentials and say he couldn't play

people with nfl and hall OF FAME credentials say he could

my bad for not holding your opinion as high as theirs

diode brings up little guys in positions that benefit from them being small and agile. runningbacks. they are better out the backfield because they are smaller and quicker than lb's matched up against them.

woodhead and sproles don't have to cover TE sized dudes. ridiculous comparison

there is a reason teams want big physical corners

but a big physical corner is like 6 ft 200 lbs
Old 10-06-2013, 12:20 PM   #77
Kaeo Seru
Keeper Of The Fresh

its going to take more than one training camp to prepare him for the NFL. He only played 3 years in HS right? so his "previous experience is SHIT" if he had played in college then OK id agree with that. but the game between HIS and NFL is too wide of a gap to be covered in ONE training camp. his 1st season would be average at best. his 2nd would be a lot better and maybe. MAYBE his 3rd he might get a pro bowl nod. but there are too many variables to this.

Old 10-06-2013, 12:21 PM   #78
Frank Metts

Quote:
Dematha catholic in md ???
Old 10-06-2013, 12:25 PM   #79
Frank Metts

Quote:

diode brings up little guys in positions that benefit from them being small and agile. runningbacks. they are better out the backfield because they are smaller and quicker than lb's matched up against them.

Big physical corner is considered 6'1 - 6'3 and about 205- 220 homie
Old 10-06-2013, 12:28 PM   #80
Kaeo Seru
Keeper Of The Fresh

Quote:

I never said he Couldn't play. i said he wouldn't Dominate. I said he would be a good player eventually. if he would've have kept playing football through college, YEAH he would be a better football player. but to JUMP from NBA to NFL and expect him to be the BEST EVER is laughable. and i brought HS points as an example of size isn't everything. you're claiming that his size and athleticism will make him the GOD Receiver when that's only a fraction of what it would take for him to make the crossover to the NFL.

here is my main point since you keep missing it:

Lebron could not leave the NBA today and Join the NFL tomorrow and be an INSTANT Dominating force. It would take at LEAST one FULL season to get him acclimated to enough to be consistently effective at w/e position he filled. period