Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Open Mic Section

User Tag List

Old 03-06-2020, 06:36 AM   #1
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future
Default Raised by Albanians

Ask where I'm from and I'll answer my dome,
either way I'll be chillin in my casket alone.
I grew up with two nuts larger than life,
balls deep into cuts and what hardship is like.
My skintones' snowcone so you're seein' the light?
There's a flavor in sight so I'm not accepted by whites.
My fathers a g, our shit reflects what I write.
My pen-games just "Martin" with rights,
Or "Alban" with might,
hey...
I didn't believe there were gangsters in Norway,
that'd mean there's one that stands in the doorway
despite seeing cars fitted with bulletproof glass,
and Albanians askin how's school, if I'm beatin their ass.
My truth didn't last...
Advanced minds that profit from lethal salaries, crooks
with illegal weaponry shootin up woods, inviting me too,
cavalry's rook for the two headed eagle,
black, red and a wholesome emotion for evil.
Minimum effort is what his parenting took,
I'm pointin' guns for sale, at ten I just needed a book.
If you think that I'm lying I ain't sweatin' it,
it's safer for me if you're forgettin' shit.
Plus certain people wanna test my grits,
fuck your fists, one love, I ain't impressed by shit!
I'm venting but scared for no hope and repercussions,
good thing they fear him more than coked up Russians.
As I got older, bolder, stronger, smarter, no more father,
friends from ends with no disaster, shit got harder.
I'm distant and my morals farther, where's my Carter?
Crime meddling lies, that's your Shqipe starter.
I still hate fights, late nights and daylight,
gettin' bills from people I'll never see again,
it ain't right...
I'm not a gangster, just lived a different reality,
I'm NOT a gangster, just got conflicted morality,
a 40/40 vision for insanity
& a life lived in vanity, no peace,
if I hiccup and slip up, bro, please
don't get mad at me.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8ozGcGJ6o
Objective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 09:38 PM   #2
dead man
living

Battle Record: 33-18

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- AOWL Season 1
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 4
- Write Week V
- GWL Season 1

dead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant future

we all know that albanians can be some hard motherfuckers

this was kind of a wild ride through an adolescent world of crime he didn't understand, but became a piece of by design.

visceral image. the double headed eagle is a universal power symbol. black and red are in turn emotionally charged, powerful colors. i'd be interested in the context cause i'm unfamiliar.

had to look up "shqipe" to see where you were coming from. interesting for sure.

i know you were just in america for a decent amount of time. good to see you're seeing the world and obviously transcended the negative aspects of the culture you bloomed in. admirable and fascinating to see this side of you.

hope all is well.

thanks
Old 03-06-2020, 10:18 PM   #3
Exis

Battle Record: 3-3

Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis

Sorry for not gettin' to this earlier, just not in the right head space atm...I promise to drop feed when I can, My bad.
Exis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 12:11 PM   #4
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead man View Post
visceral image. the double headed eagle is a universal power symbol. black and red are in turn emotionally charged, powerful colors. i'd be interested in the context cause i'm unfamiliar.
The Albanian flag is red with a black two headed eagle in the center. You nailed the narrative I was trying to portray too other than that.

I may have not made it obvious enough but that was what I was going for.

Word about what you said about going to the US. Seeing America for a month and hearing about the issues you're facing first hand was eye opening (along with other things ofc). I've always looked upon the US as having gangsters due to the projects, Norway/Sweden etc. paled in comparison and therefore had none (in my mind at the time). Because we have better options in those situations I believed that whenever choice was present I didn't believe you could call a person a gangster, just a criminal doing shit for kicks. It's skewed but I think my father played a part with that world view. (Still think Nordic countries pale in comparison ofc, but with a different perspective nowadays cus the same shit is still happening if you know where to look or certain conditions are met). It's the same shit just in different packages.

I've reflected a lot lately and I realized as I got older, and getting friends that are "normal", I relate less and less with these peoples stance on life/morality, what to do in (even mundane) situations etc.
It was a great learning experience going to the US, and as I was writing my piece I realized why some people in Norway look upon me as a gangster-ish dude despite staying away from crime, leaving when shit is about to go down unless I'm directly affected or it's personal enough etc.
I have adopted parts of that mentality I'll never change or get away from since I grew up with it, and believe in solutions others would shake their head at. I understand crime but I'm not part of it (not the violent kinds at least), or condone it, yet wholeheartedly don't judge unless people do shit that cause trauma to people outside the game through robbing with weapons etc. But whenever I'm with hardheaded people that respect me for who I am, and I respect them for what they do regardless what it is, I feel at home, I know how to act and behave in a different way and I'm not uncertain about things going on. (Example: Was at a party when I was 16-17, dude came up behind me while I was sitting in a couch, held me in a choke hold and put a knife to my throat to make a point asking me what I'd do next. I told him I'm going for my beer, if he keeps pressure I'll die. He let go once blade started to get pressure from me so I "won". Dude called me a fucking psycho and we all laughed. Never felt threatened and thought the whole thing was funny but now that I'm older I realize this shit ain't normal, lol) I don't have to watch my step cus shit comes naturally in a way, I can tell people apart in a different way than with straight edge people, you know? I feel at home while not feeling at home at the same time. It's a weird state to be in and what sparked me writing this piece. Probably the realest piece I'll ever drop tbh.

No worries @Exis. Feed it whenever you get time or want to read one of my pieces. :)

Last edited by Objective; 03-07-2020 at 12:27 PM.
Old 03-18-2020, 11:01 PM   #5
Exis

Battle Record: 3-3

Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis

You have this ability to really get across imagery in a very resonate way, You not only paint pictures with words you totally fuck with the canvas...This was a emotional trip, Minus the acid...This was a great read bro.

Stay upwards, Sorry for the delayed feed.
Exis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 04:33 PM   #6
Universe
Everything's Connected

Battle Record: 19-8

Champed
- Guerrilla Writing League(2x)
- GWL Picture challenge(2x)
- Art of Writing League

Universe has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant future

This was good man. Your stuff is solid, but I feel you put more time and energy into explaining yourself afterwards than into the actual piece. I think you have a lot to offer just you need to get it across a little better. (I'm only nitpicking with you cuz you have tons of potential.) You obviously have a voice and are passionate... but let me FEEL it. Takes the reigns off of yourself. I want to see Objective Unchained. Bring it.

You're like a mini dead man junior... in training lol. That's a huge compliment. Keep it up.
Old 03-24-2020, 01:46 PM   #7
Eŋg
rhyme capsule.

Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg

i was pretty sweet on this albanian girl once. or she was kosovan idk. girl was a dancer. body was stupid.

this was sophomoric btw but writing with emotional content is a plus.

don't think, feel.
Eŋg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 08:06 PM   #8
Vulgar
Razor-thin derision

Battle Record: 40-25

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Champed
- Fight Night LIV
- Gimmick Battle League (2x)
- Write Week II
- Art of Writing League
- Storytelling And Topical Invitational Tournament
- STI
- Haiku Writer Challenge
- GWL Picture Challenge(2x)

Vulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant future

Advanced minds that profit from lethal salaries, crooks
with illegal weaponry shootin up woods, inviting me too,

Can you talk more about advanced minds? I'm terrible at math so my business chops are very limited. I liked the images invoked, maybe it's just when I hear a European country, my eyes light up because the history is so steep and the people live differently. Thanks for the read. This could be a stage where nostalgia and reflection are helping you repair old wounds or recover a distant frame of mind that still has some lesson to give.
Vulgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 07:31 PM   #9
Adverse
low tide in serotonin bay

Battle Record: 37-28

Champed
- GWL Picture Challenge
- Guerrilla Writing League
- Black August II

Adverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant future

I liked this piece and liked how you went out of your way to make the statement "I'm not hood just from a different reality" because to those of us that have lived a pampered lifestyle the things you're describing are just a staple in many cultures in different countries so it was cool to get that outside perspective in my eyes. Thought the piece itself wasn't super stylistic but it didn't need to be it got it's point across clearly and i enjoyed it a lot. Keep writing my dude
Adverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 10:10 PM   #10
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Appreciate everyone's honest feed! It has given me a lot to ponder and think about. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
Can you talk more about advanced minds? I'm terrible at math so my business chops are very limited.
Ye, idk if it's like what I'm about to tell other places around the globe but from what I've heard from people in Norway/Nordic region, and my father (as he's been meddling too), is that Albanians have a rep for being calm, smart and crazy but collected (not everyone, obviously, there's quite a few straight up stupid ones too). Due to this they're sometimes used to meddle in situations between gangs as a neutral third part. They're hard but only got recent historical issues with Serbs and that helps in terms of Pakistanis vs Turks, they're also white looking so accepted by most Russians/slavs and whites in general but not white enough to not be accepted as outsiders of society by people of color. I find it all weird and interesting. That said, when it comes to pure racism (white or black) I'm not accepted by anyone and have experienced that aspect too, lol.

Last edited by Objective; 03-30-2020 at 10:12 PM.